IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

20 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Chelsea needs to lower this baby’s crib STAT! Baby girl is going to flip over the rails

The pillow lining the inside doesn't look safe either. Safety be damned. Cuteness is all that matters. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

What fresh hell is this?? 

I went on a scrolling spree, seems like dad is involved in politics.  They strike me as a wealthier, more obsessive version of JB & Michelle. The political get ups remind me of JB's campaigns: all the littles lined up, matching, playing their instruments. It feels like they need to put on a look of perfection.

Of all the Pentecostals I grew up with, I only remember one family who did anything close to this matching thing. They had a passel of daughters all of whom wore matching dresses or pinafores--uniforms. They had one or two each & that's all they wore every single day. They only got clean/new ones once a year at the start of school.  They were no where near rich & from what I remember the family life was kind of rough. 

Any other PC's did the long hair/bun, no makeup, denim skirt, tee shirt ensemble. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Yeah, I see traction alopecia at work in those poor kids’ hairlines. Being one of them would have been hell for me: I loathed the scratchy crinolines and itchy wools of my childhood in the ‘50s and vowed I’d never make any child of mine wear uncomfortable clothes. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Oh my dear lord! So horrible! As if you could say that they look bad, just because they're not all dolled up. They actually look far better and not like ornaments.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I'd be embarrassed having my kids all in matching foofy flouncy dresses with huge ringlets and fat bows. But there ya go. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

......... Why would someone be embarrassed to to be seen with little girls looking like little girls? WTF? Take a seat, lady, your priorities are waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy messed up.

This Sara Crewe cosplay is a treasure trove of WTFuckery. 

I have one question...

Spoiler

5jt2Y.gif.91d5810cefdb6a7291848aa87d1b1772.gif

Edited by Marshmallow World
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Why would you have a baby in a bonnet in bed? Possibility of strangling. Cuteness first, I guess.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, KnittingOwl said:

Chelsea needs to lower this baby’s crib STAT! Baby girl is going to flip over the rails  

What the fuck is that baby wearing and why??

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

I'm betting that baby crib costs more than a grand. I'm sure this woman spends more money on children's clothing than the top players on Toddlers and Tiaras. 

• Upvote 11

The contrast of this adorable little girl and her t-shirt and the poor little doll children is astounding:

IMG_5305.thumb.PNG.4e2fbe3f3f21c39810441f8ec1633346.PNG

The sheer level of matching is off the charts:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

In one of the pictures I saw, she mentioned that Abigail? had lengthened the strap of her purse. Will Abigail's depravity never end? 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

I went to school with a fundie Pentecostal girl... this was before I knew about fundies. Her family went to church three days a week, and twice on Sundays. Long denim skirts, pants are only for physical activities. No sleepovers or movies. As a kid, I thought it was insanely restrictive. I couldn't imagine life where church was my only activity. I was always put off by her incessant invitations to join her for fellowship. I know other Pentecostal families, and they have kept a healthy church-life balance. It is always strange to me that people who identify as the same religious denomination have different belief values. And it pisses me off when they publically align and then go home and trash eachothers' worthiness.

My heart breaks for kids in these situations. Don't have more kids, lady. Just get dolls. 

• Upvote 6

what is disturbing is how many people respond and praise her for what she is doing to those poor girls.   This is the Pentacostal version of those pageant moms.   It makes me sad for children when they are so objectified by their parents.  When I hear parents say "But they love it, they just love to do..."  I always say so what?  Kids love candy too, but that doesn't mean you let them eat it non-stop.  Being a parent means protecting your children, not exploiting and objectifying them as some sort of sick and sad way to live out your own glory. 

Now,  having said that,  if this woman is sewing these her self, she is skilled.  I could see her having a niche market in these sort of stuck in the 1940's, immediate post WW II vintage themed outfits.  If she is a frustrated designer and seamstress who is unable to pursue her career goals because of the patriarchal society she lives in,  then I feel badly for her, but she is so clearly using her kids to meet some sort of need for herself, and  she is taking it to an extreme. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, KnittingOwl said:

Also, my son would have already figured out how to move the pillow bumper to get to the chandelier and he would have already taken the pictures off the wall.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The pillow lining the inside doesn't look safe either. Safety be damned. Cuteness is all that matters. 

Totally agree. That was further down the list. I had a cousin who flipped over her crib rails while I was babysitting (I was all of 14 at the time) and it’s made me paranoid since. Also, DD is a climber, so low crib bars + pillow = escape plan!

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Oh my word, this is appalling. Why would you torture your children like that? Those poor little girls! How long can she keep this up? Is she going to force them to do this when they're 12, 14, 16? This woman needs some kind of serious intervention, like yesterday. That's not healthy.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

The chandelier over the crib struck me, too. Who the ever-loving fuck hangs a monstrous, deadly fixture such as that over a crib? Chelsea and Seth don’t seem to place a priority on safety or comfort. And just the sheer number of photos of their children on a public Instagram is not well-advised.  Various comments and tags make it easy to discover their location. And they helpfully post hundreds of pictures of the front door, complete with massive monogram and house number. 

On the plus side, they take the kids on nice vacations and, absurdly, don’t seem to care when the girls play in the sand and ocean, or slide down hills on cardboard sleds, in their fancy dresses. In some beach photos the girls are wearing fancy swimsuits at least. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

The Fuck? What is wrong with this woman?  Putting aside the fact that those bows she loves look bizarre perched on top of their poor little heads, I just can't even with people who hamstring their children with outfits they can't play in ("But the children need play clothes, Captain!") Not to mention the money and time wasted getting them all manicured up and posing for photos.  

Unfortunately I run into les extrême examples of this all the time.  I was subbing in a Grade 2 class a few weeks ago.  It was a nice autumn day after a week of rain, so I took them outside to play for a bit.  The playground was a bit muddy and the were leaves everywhere, but most of the kids couldn't have cared less about that.  One little girl, however, just wouldn't go and play.  She stood beside me the whole time we were out. She was wearing uncomfortable shiny black Mary Jane's, white tights, a little pastel colored dress with a faux fur vest, some sort of hair bow thingy, and a mini chanel type purse.  I felt sorry for her (and inwardly cursed her parents) but she couldn't be talked into doing anything where she might get dirty.  She was perfectly happy indoors  reading with her friends during book time etc., so it wasn't that she was shy, just hampered by wrong clothing. 

The stupid thing was that that school has sort of a weird playground with a public path running right beside it.  Some random older lady stopped to compliment the little girl  for being such a pretty little thing.   I found it dispiriting because it was basically reinforcing to the girl that sacrificing play for looking good gets rewarded by compliments.

• Upvote 19
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

On the plus side, they take the kids on nice vacations and, absurdly, don’t seem to care when the girls play in the sand and ocean, or slide down hills on cardboard sleds, in their fancy dresses. In some beach photos the girls are wearing fancy swimsuits at least. 

I will also say that while I find their worship of Trump/the Republican party fairly disturbing, the idea of a president-themed birthday party is pretty cute, and while I'm sure that mom and dad's tune will change when it's time for Mary Grace to make real decisions about her future and they're invariably teaching her some pretty reprehensible viewpoints, I am somewhat heartened that they celebrate her interest in a political career and seem to have no issue with her dream of being a female president (as long as she does it on a platform of taking away other women's rights, of course, but considering that most fundies don't let their daughters dream of being anything at all besides broodmare, it's something).

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I can't look away, lol! I'll admit I don't"get" Instagram, but I don't understand why she has so many followers. She doesn't interact with commenters at all. How does anyone know anything about her? Did she have a blog or something where she shares more details about their life? Why did people think she was having a boy? When did she starts calling the baby by her first name? What church do they go to? Do others there do this same crazy dress? What kind of school do the girls go to? Even the uniforms seen over the top and it made wonder if they are just in public school but mom makes them dress in these fancy uniforms for school. Who are the other kids in the photos she refers to as "the quads"

It does not appear that she sews the dresses, there are a few times someone mentions a dress, Etsy shop, tags her in something, etc. 

And that's got to be the most impressive but parties I've ever seen! 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

Now,  having said that,  if this woman is sewing these her self, she is skilled.  

She is not. Her sister, who dresses her kids the same way, runs an IG account where she sells her and Chelsea's kids' used clothes. Everything is brand name. I can try to find the account later when I'm not on mobile.

ETA: closetofthe_quints. Maybe some of it is handmade? Can't tell.

Edited by NachosFlandersStyle
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

I can't look away, lol! I'll admit I don't"get" Instagram, but I don't understand why she has so many followers. She doesn't interact with commenters at all. How does anyone know anything about her? Did she have a blog or something where she shares more details about their life? Why did people think she was having a boy? When did she starts calling the baby by her first name? What church do they go to? Do others there do this same crazy dress? What kind of school do the girls go to? Even the uniforms seen over the top and it made wonder if they are just in public school but mom makes them dress in these fancy uniforms for school. Who are the other kids in the photos she refers to as "the quads"

It does not appear that she sews the dresses, there are a few times someone mentions a dress, Etsy shop, tags her in something, etc. 

And that's got to be the most impressive but parties I've ever seen! 

Without going back to check, I think I can answer a few of these. (I also wondered if she has a blog as this Instagram contains few photos which include the parents and seems reserved for showing off the kids in their costumes.)

Anyway, she did post here announcing the upcoming birth of a new son/brother.  It seems they started calling the baby by her first name when she was just a few months old. I forget the name of their Pentecostal church but it is definitely tagged in some photos and, in some photos from church services, yes, there are other girls dressed similarly. I believe they go to Calvary School/Academy or whatever, which sounds religious and there are photos showing that uniforms are indeed worn there.  The other kids are cousins. I think they are Chelsea’s sister’s kids, and they often wear matching outfits.  It is not stated who pays for them.  Chelsea does not answer questions about the provenance of the girls’ attire.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, J'Lurker said:

I went to school with a fundie Pentecostal girl... this was before I knew about fundies. Her family went to church three days a week, and twice on Sundays. Long denim skirts, pants are only for physical activities. No sleepovers or movies. As a kid, I thought it was insanely restrictive. I couldn't imagine life where church was my only activity. I was always put off by her incessant invitations to join her for fellowship. I know other Pentecostal families, and they have kept a healthy church-life balance. It is always strange to me that people who identify as the same religious denomination have different belief values. And it pisses me off when they publically align and then go home and trash eachothers' worthiness.

My heart breaks for kids in these situations. Don't have more kids, lady. Just get dolls. 

That almost exactly describes a friend I had in high school. Denim skirts only, no hair cuts-- she was lucky she had thin hair, it went all the way down to her bum and still made only a normally sized bun when she put it up. If my hair was that long it would make a bun the size of my head. :pb_confused: She later got a job at Chik-fil-a. She was also very well educated (we were in AP classes together) and pretty laid back, since she was perfectly happy to be friends with me, a openly atheist kid. 

As for the subject of this thread..... Those kids are going to hate her in a few years, if they don't already. Imagine being a teenager with all your younger siblings dressed like that, or being forced to dress like that yourself. Let your kids be kids! When I was that age I liked to wear dresses, so my mom sewed some cheap calico skirts onto the bottom of T-shirts and those were my play dresses. Didn't matter if those got wrecked. :x

ETA: I had highly sensitive skin as a child. Still do, but I can pick my own clothes. I would not have been able to stand all those frilly dresses. I could barely wear my ballet recital outfits for the duration of the recital. (I was a kitten, once. Lots of tulle was involved. :pb_lol:) She seems like the sort of mom who would just force a suffering child into clothes that irritate their skin, because who cares if your kid is miserable? Frills for everybody!

Edited by Shoobydoo
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It seems like she doesn't answer too many questions. Lots of people have asked about where she gets her dresses, bows, bonnets, and she doesn't answer. I think it would be interesting to know when they found out she was having a girl. Her refusal to answer simple questions that are asked over and over is odd. 

The girls seem to sleep in curlers. There are a couple of pictures of them with curlers in before bed. I bet that's comfortable....

I've been following her for a while. Just for the wtfery of it all. I remember one post she answered that she got most of the monstrosities from Etsy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1