IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

On 12/10/2017 at 2:25 PM, usmcmom said:

Because I was not raised in the Church of Christ I did ask a lot of questions about all sorts of things, including the holiday issue. As far as commemorating Christ's death, I was told congregations do that each week when they take communion. This made sense to me but I still have always thought it is a good thing to celebrate Easter as a holy day.  

I don't know if Jehovah's Witnesses take communion each week. 

Interesting. My best friends in highschool was a preachers daughter of a Church of Christ. Outside of not decorating in the church, they did celebrate Christmas and Easter. I don't know about conservative or not, they were pretty traditional, long hair skirts only, no instruments in the service, etc. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/14/2017 at 1:22 PM, Anonymousguest said:

Interesting. My best friends in highschool was a preachers daughter of a Church of Christ. Outside of not decorating in the church, they did celebrate Christmas and Easter. I don't know about conservative or not, they were pretty traditional, long hair skirts only, no instruments in the service, etc. 

Again, I apologize. I am not being very clear with this whole topic. Most members I know DO celebrate these holidays but in the secular sense only - gift exchanges/Easter baskets, family dinners, etc. But they do not bring a religious element into it at all.  

When I was younger - like first going to church with my (not yet) husband) I always felt like it was all done like it  was supposed to be a secret. It just felt like everybody was doing gift exchanges and parties but nobody was telling anybody else about it. Even if Christmas fell on Sunday, everybody just went to church with no mention at all of the celebrations to come.  Of course, the whole thing was still new to me (the "Christmas is not a holy day" thing) so I might have just been imagining it.  

There was one family in my husband's childhood church who did not even exchange gifts at Christmas, but did so on New Years's Day. Actually, this makes the most sense from someone in a church that eschews the holiday. Looking back, this family were the only ones that REALLY held to the "No Christmas" belief. 

I will add that my husband grew up in an ULTRA conservative congregation - no potlucks in the building, no financial support of any church camps or colleges.  There used to be a book of Churches of Christ - like a directory and this book gave the congregations labels so people would know where each congregation stood on different issues. My husband's childhood church would have been labeled "ANTI-" meaning they were against...well...almost everything. 

Until twelve years ago, when we found our current church, I had not sung a Christmas song in church since my childhood. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Nicole randles oldest dressed as Anne Frank for "historical hero day" which, fair, but did she have to go with the star? Really seems inappropriate.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

• 6 months later...

I keep checking to see if she's no longer private, but she's still locked up.  I miss all the WTAF?? I got from her, sigh...

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I keep checking to see if she's no longer private, but she's still locked up.  I miss all the WTAF?? I got from her, sigh...

Same! Sometimes I kick myself for not following her when she was public. Her sister is public, though, and a little part of my heart breaks for her now 12-year-old oldest daughter (Olivia Kate), who's basically dressing like a five-year-old. As a middle schooler. I mean, I'm not demanding that she run around in booty shorts and logo tees like other 12-year-olds, but the whole thing strikes me as infantilizing. Though on the bright side, if she ever breaks free she could make a nice nest egg for herself if she takes her fripperies with her and sells them to girls who are into the Japanese Lolita style but don't want to break the bank buying stuff from Japan. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Though on the bright side, if she ever breaks free she could make a nice nest egg for herself if she takes her fripperies with her and sells them to girls who are into the Japanese Lolita style but don't want to break the bank buying stuff from Japan. 

I love that idea, but I think her mother already has that covered, with her brisk insta-business selling the insane costumes her daughters have worn once or twice, and can't be seen in again!

(People upthread said that in these sub-cultures, it's often that the daughters hit a point where she's no longer treated as a doll, and instead is dressed in modest-young-woman wear.  I am fascinated what will happen to the cousins when this happens.  Mostly I still *really* want to know what happened to make Chelsea and her sister fall out, and if the cousins are allowed to be the Quints again?)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

I love that idea, but I think her mother already has that covered, with her brisk insta-business selling the insane costumes her daughters have worn once or twice, and can't be seen in again!

(People upthread said that in these sub-cultures, it's often that the daughters hit a point where she's no longer treated as a doll, and instead is dressed in modest-young-woman wear.  I am fascinated what will happen to the cousins when this happens.  Mostly I still *really* want to know what happened to make Chelsea and her sister fall out, and if the cousins are allowed to be the Quints again?)

The name stealing thing is a sound theory, but I can't imagine it was just that.

Also, I've gotten sucked into a rabbit hole of so many people in this church in North Little Rock. I think Chelsea and Nicole's dad/some other relative is the head pastor, and then Chelsea's MIL has an Instagram that's half pictures of her slightly more normal-looking grandkids and half worryingly insane pro-Trump memes, and THEN there's this lady who's obviously a more recent/zealous convert along with her husband, who posts weirdly salty ramblings about how her FIL hasn't accepted the lord. 

They're not quite strange or dramatic enough to be of much interest on FJ (aside from Chelsea and Nicole), but I'm just oddly captivated by their lives. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

Someone on the JinJer thread mentioned Chelsea Pomeroy, so I went to check on her and her Instagram is finally back to public. Exciting! I hope it's cool that I started a new thread for this, since the old one hasn't really been in use since she went private last year and no one really checks in the archived threads section. Here is the old thread for anyone who didn't read it the first time around:

And here is Chelsea's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chelsea_pomeroy/

I'm sure you are all happy to hear that her toddler has graduated from wearing a bonnet to wearing curls with giant bows, which also means she puts curlers on her toddler's head over night. Check it out (scroll to see a video of the toddler with curlers in her hair):

It's only a matter of time until that poor baby's hairline will start receding like her sisters'. :(

But anyway, snark away, fellow snarkettes!

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 9

So Mary Grace is ten now. Wonder how long she’ll be forced into those ridiculous outfits. I can’t imagine her wanting to dress the same way as a teen. They clearly have outside friends and go to school, so she’ll likely face teasing from her peers if she’s made to wear pouffy dresses and gigantic bows at 13/14. There have been occasional photos of them in normal clothes.

• Upvote 13

Go watch the video with the baby saying ‘I’ll get some coffee’ ... so cute (and really clear for her age) but just like last time I’m still having my BEC moment that she lets her babies drink coffee. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Go watch the video with the baby saying ‘I’ll get some coffee’ ... so cute (and really clear for her age) but just like last time I’m still having my BEC moment that she lets her babies drink coffee. 

Haha, my little start coffee early. Of course, it’s much like Laura describes cambric tea in the Little House books, a little bit of coffee with a whole lotta milk. 

I remember when the thread went up on this lady. I have to admit, I like some of the dresses (those bright green ones are adorable!), especially on very little girls, but the hair is just.....weird. To put it nicely. I like my kids to look cute while still being comfortable and you can’t tell me that hair isn’t bothersome. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, adidas said:

Has she shown them drinking coffee? I can’t remember. I got the impression the kiddo was acting out something the parents had said in play, but apparently not.

2 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Haha, my little start coffee early. Of course, it’s much like Laura describes cambric tea in the Little House books, a little bit of coffee with a whole lotta milk. 

I remember when the thread went up on this lady. I have to admit, I like some of the dresses (those bright green ones are adorable!), especially on very little girls, but the hair is just.....weird. To put it nicely. I like my kids to look cute while still being comfortable and you can’t tell me that hair isn’t bothersome. 

I think a lot of the outfits are freakin’ adorable. For say, family photos. Maybe first day of school. But constantly? Makes me wonder what she spends on clothes in a given month. 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, adidas said:

Yeah she gives them real coffee - usually Starbucks. These are old photos but there are lots to choose from. 

F2D62244-7304-455A-9D47-5030AD79D8C2.png

3DBC5DF0-C3F3-4FF9-A7A6-27B1E64C6BA0.png

Gaah. I'm on your side; that's messed up. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Giving coffee to small children?? What is this? Can this harm their development. I was allowed to try coffee when I was around 15! I didn't even like it as a child.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Giving coffee to small children?? What is this? Can this harm their development. I was allowed to try coffee when I was around 15! I didn't even like it as a child.

I was thinking maybe it was just one of those drinks with very little coffee and a shit ton of flavors and sugars and whipped cream and whatnot, but it appears as though it's full on iced coffee. 

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

So Mary Grace is ten now. Wonder how long she’ll be forced into those ridiculous outfits. I can’t imagine her wanting to dress the same way as a teen. They clearly have outside friends and go to school, so she’ll likely face teasing from her peers if she’s made to wear pouffy dresses and gigantic bows at 13/14. There have been occasional photos of them in normal clothes.

Pretty sure Chelsea's sister Nicole still dresses her oldest, Olivia-Kate, in those outfits. Olivia-Kate would be around 13 now, I believe.

Nicole's IG is still private, sadly, but maybe someone is following her and can confirm? https://www.instagram.com/mum2oliviakatecaroline.lucybea/?hl=en

• Upvote 3

Yay! I find this lady super entertaining. The combination of ultra-conservative Pentecostal with these over-the-top outfits means I can't look away.  JRod could benefit from some lessons from Chelsea in matching. Of course Chelsea also has lots more $$$$$. It would be interesting to see how the Rods would dress if they were wealthy. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

I find this lady fascinating and exhausting. I cannot imagine the evening and morning routines to keep this look up and all the $$$$ for clothes! Plus, IMHO, this level of perfection probably means Mommy (who knows about Daddy) is not a very pleasant person. I hope these girls are given a chance to be imperfect and develop their own identity and not be a matched set all the time!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

When I was Mary Grace's age I lived in tracksuits, trainers and football tops, Chelsea would have hated having a tomboy child like me. I can't imagine Chelsea letting them run around and playing much in those outfits,  incase they got dirty.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Pretty sure Chelsea's sister Nicole still dresses her oldest, Olivia-Kate, in those outfits. Olivia-Kate would be around 13 now, I believe.

Nicole's IG is still private, sadly, but maybe someone is following her and can confirm? https://www.instagram.com/mum2oliviakatecaroline.lucybea/?hl=en

Yes, Olivia Kate still wears massive bows and coordinating outfits with her sisters (about 5 and 2). It seems both families start covering their daughters’ entire arms by about 8 or 9 years, so she always is pictured wearing a long sleeved blouse or dress (longer skirts lengths too). Kind of hot for this summer I would think. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2

It looks like she took it down again! Or she blocked me. 

36 minutes ago, Markie said:

Yes, Olivia Kate still wears massive bows and coordinating outfits with her sisters (about 5 and 2). It seems both families start covering their daughters’ entire arms by about 8 or 9 years, so she always is pictured wearing a long sleeved blouse or dress (longer skirts lengths too). Kind of hot for this summer I would think. 

It’s because they are Pentecostal. Not all Pentecostals dress this way. But the most conservative ones do. They are even stricter than most fundies on FJ. They can’t show elbow or knee at all. No make up, jewelry (unless it’s functional like a watch or wedding ring), or cutting their hair. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1