IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Chelsea Pomeroy does anyone follow her on Instagram? She is Pentecostal with 4 little girls and dresses them like she’s in some old fashioned play. 

She lives near the Duggars

i had no idea what Pentecostals are until I started randomly following her but have now been down a rabbit hole of Pentecostal fashion, bloggers and such. 

Probably my most WTF post was her Donald Trump themed daughters birthday party (she’s a huge fan) second only to her post on bow training her youngest daughter. She was 11 months old. To stop her taking bows off her head

Anyway I had to stop following her after the election but started again and wanted to discuss her with FJ 

741B65BF-276D-4C02-A5BD-84F7CCC20E8D.png

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

So I just showed one of the pictures with all four girls matching to my fiancé and he innocently said ‘which Halloween film is that from?’ A lot of those pictures are pretty terrifying- those poor girls. They must have a lot of money and/or time to afford/make all those different outfits, I wonder if they make them or buy them.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

Where does she even find the time to do the girls' hair like that everyday? 
And the bigger question: why??? If this was like a once in a while thing, like once or twice a year, or during special holidays or something, it still wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I wouldn't consider it that weird or odd either. But what I've gathered from the photo's and the descriptions, they do this at least every Sunday. They also took the girls out to a pumpkin field dressed up like that. Do they go to school all dressed up like this as well? And what's the motivation behind that? Just personal preference?
I know that oneness Pentecostals dress very modestly, but modestly in line with other Christian fundy's, and not necessarily 19th-century-dresses modestly.

The more I look at those pictures, the more it reminds me of those historical theme parks where people are dressed up and live (for the duration of the opening hours of the park) in accordance with the standards of a certain time period.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Wowsers. Thanks to insomnia I'm looking at this wackadoo at 3:30am. The clothes are way over the top. I just read a few random comments. I can't read more. She would love the Phillips girl who dresses for the 40s everyday. She is very different than the Pentecostal Holiness I'm familiar with. They have a specific recognizable hairstyle, and they never cut it. And they generally wear jeans skirts or jumpers. 

My cousin's wife dresses her 2 girls something like this. Always matching. Always the giant bow. Never in situationally appropriate attire except Sundays. She has all the girls clothes hand made, I'm sure they do not even own a pair of jeans. They are in NC. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

WTF? Those girls are her dolls, not human beings. It's actually quite appalling to see. 

This is what happens when you have no life or purpose beyond making the babies. Playing dress up every day. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

The bonnets on the baby are cute and the girls outfits don't creep me out, but those big bows remind me of the twins in The Shining.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

This is most definitely not typical Pentecostal. The ones I knew growing up wore long skirts, frumpy dresses, never wore makeup, and never cut their hair. I never would have guessed she was Pentecostal. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

She's got those kids dressed up like characters from a movie. Freaky. Who's got TIME to do those elaborate hairstyles and outfits constantly? Did you see "Mom's" outfit in the pumpkin patch? Geez.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

I agree, this isn't the Pentecostal I'm use to seeing either. The ones I know dress very plain. Think Duggars and Bates the early days with long hair and no makeup or jewelry.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Just now, bea said:

She's got those kids dressed up like characters from a movie. Freaky. Who's got TIME to do those elaborate hairstyles and outfits constantly? Did you see "Mom's" outfit in the pumpkin patch? Geez.

They look rich as fuck. My guess is she has a seamstress. She just picks the fabric and design and forks over a ton of cash. That's all the work she has to do on the clothing. But I'm guessing she does the girls' hair herself. Which does take a lot of time. She only slaps a bonnet on the baby most of the time so she only has the hair of the three oldest to do. It seems her girls go to a school with a uniform but she makes sure to dress it up with giant red bows and red patent leather shoes. Her poor children. What will happen when the oldest is 11 and wants to dress her own style? 

• Upvote 12

Man, all I can think as I scroll through that is "come play with us...."

But seriously, I feel for those little girls. Trained at 8 months old to wear those ridiculous bows at all times, always dressed to the nines and unable to play, spending every morning having their hair tugged and heat-straightened and gussied up into some elaborate do, so they can never just go have fun and be comfortable little girls. Plus their hair is going to be a hot mess in a few years if they keep doing that intensive styling nearly every single day. Let kids be kids; save the getups for an occasional Sunday or holiday card pictures.

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

What will happen when the oldest is 11 and wants to dress her own style? 

Oh, no, that simply won't do. If any of those girls indicate that they want to be anything but mommy's dolls, there will be hell to pay.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Plus their hair is going to be a hot mess in a few years if they keep doing that intensive styling nearly every single day.

I'm absolutely not a hair expert but their hair looks broken around the edges from being pulled back so tightly every day. I wouldn't be surprised if their hairline has moved back a bit because of it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

I can't even imagine how those girls get on at school.  I guess the best thing I can say is she let her daughter play President and not First Lady.

There's a specific pose one of the older girls does that's just bizarre.  faux ballet?  And what's with the folding their hands up thing?

ETA *How* many Hallowe'en themed outfits do they have?  Pumpkinarama!

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

Why am I reminded of old fashioned dolls?  She's dressing those girls up like they are living dolls.  

And "bow training". Why oh why do some mothers feel the desire to put huge bows on their infants head?  Does anyone ever stop to think that maybe the bows might be causing some pain?  Aye yi yi

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

56 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I agree, this isn't the Pentecostal I'm use to seeing either. The ones I know dress very plain. Think Duggars and Bates the early days with long hair and no makeup or jewelry.

I have cousins (and my sister who used to be) who are Pentecostal and they all dress plainly and simply. The married women all wear their hair up (again, in simple styles).  The elaborate hair styles are (to my cousins) are ostentatious.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

The bows that the Bates put on their girls will never look so huge again. Sacred heart of Jesus. Those poor girls! 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

So I ended up binge-scrolling. She slapped a bow and updo on her three-year-old for a tonsillectomy. Lady, chill out. I mean, I'm one to talk - I put on eyeliner and tinted moisturizer for a 5K because I knew that they did finish line pictures - but lady, your kid is getting surgery. She does not need to be in full drag for that.

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

And we think the Nogs expose their kids online. Holy shit, this is amazing. See you in a while, possibly a few hours. Gotta go do some Instagramming. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is most definitely not typical Pentecostal. The ones I knew growing up wore long skirts, frumpy dresses, never wore makeup, and never cut their hair. I never would have guessed she was Pentecostal. 

There are some Pentecostals that dress like this. There are also some that dress "normally." It depends on the denomination.

I have been in multiple Assemblies of God churches where it is appropriate to wear pants to a Sunday service. Even jeans with a nice top would not likely get a side eye unless it was extremely low cut or something. This was not true 40 years ago though.

Assemblies of God is not the only Pentecostal denomination that does not dress plainly. There is also Four Square and Church of God of Cleveland Tennessee. There are likely others to that I can't name off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

• Upvote 7

Grrrrrrr!  In one of those posts (blue dresses and orange bows) Chelsea says this:

We survived the Sunday Morning Marathon aside from Abigail's shoe being too tight with 3 inserts but too loose with 2 inserts ~ how does one survive that? We even made it church 20 minutes early!

Forget what they look like - get your daughter shoes that fit, Chelsea!  Do you want the poor growing child to have to deal with foot problems for her whole life!  Damn it.

They look like dolls not children, the poor little things.  It's also like looking into a 1:24 scale doll's house and seeing one porcelain doll in 1:12 scale.  I don't know - is that an exceptionally large baby or is the third daughter very small for her age.   

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3