IGNORED

Fucking paint stripper

All I can say is that if you are trying to strip approximately 6 layers of paint off a front door do NOT try EZ Strip or Citristrip.   They don't work worth a damn.

I admit defeat.  That safe, biodegradable, odor free, non-toxic stuff doesn't work.  Even after using twice the amount they claimed I needed, wrapping it all in plastic wrap twice, and giving it double the sitting time, twice.  I now know the door has been painted puke green, white, black, and two shades of dark green.  So does the entire world.  It is unevenly striped and spotted with those colors.

Now I need to buy some of that toxic stuff.  :angry-screaming:

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:11 PM, Palimpsest said:

All I can say is that if you are trying to strip approximately 6 layers of paint off a front door do NOT try EZ Strip or Citristrip.   They don't work worth a damn.

I admit defeat.  That safe, biodegradable, odor free, non-toxic stuff doesn't work.  Even after using twice the amount they claimed I needed, wrapping it all in plastic wrap twice, and giving it double the sitting time, twice.  I now know the door has been painted puke green, white, black, and two shades of dark green.  So does the entire world.  It is unevenly striped and spotted with those colors.

Now I need to buy some of that toxic stuff.  :angry-screaming:

I stripped the paint off a wardrobe, chest of drawers, and bookcase years ago using Zinser paint remover.   No idea if you can still get the stuff, but it works wonderfully.    Got down to the gorgeous tiger oak underneath -- my older son still has the pieces in his home in Va,

No idea how toxic it is, I did it outside on my patio - used a cloth face mask because I was pregnant at the time, and didn't have any problems and the baby was just fine.     Do the stripping outside if you can -- makes all the difference, but I'm sure your door is outside and you didn't bring it in.

Archived