IGNORED

Seewalds 27: Playing not Cleaning

Coconut Flan

20 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Not to change the subject, but all that talk of cleaning in the last thread caused me to start cleaning the house. Velocibaby thanks you all for that - she’s been introduced to the roll of paper towels and she’s kind of obsessed with rolling around on the floor with them while I clean. :pb_lol:

I'm positive Velocibaby would look adorable in this, it comes in a plethora of colors as well.  Stylish AND helpful.

o-BABY-MOP-facebook.jpg

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

There are plenty of unexplained things in this world, Sasquatch may be one of them. 

I've watched Josh Gates search for the Yeti on both Destination Truth and Expedition Unknown, as well as other cryptids, and he's spoken to many experts who say that people who insist such animals don't exist have never actually been to the areas where they are supposedly hanging out.  

Also listened to a podcast on the Dyatlov Pass incident and they have photos of something big and weird that was found at the site.

I'm not saying BF/Yeti/Almas does exist, more like you never know.

This is one of my cats when I clean (the other one is afraid of everything).  I like the baby cleaner idea though!

i'm up in the air on Dyatlov Pass.  i've seen documentaries that lean heavily for and against a Yeti incident, so i can't guess either way without further research.  as @Carm_88 said earlier, there's a lot out there that we simply don't know.  logistically, any incarnation of Sasquatch needs hunting territory, a breeding population, and shelter,  and even with a 75-100 year life expectancy would have infant mortality and accidental or other premature deaths.  these things would all leave traces that humans haven't definitively found; this is why i think that if he's out there, he has to be in a massive expanse of wilderness with essentially no people.  i'd have to say that the likelihood of his existence is pretty slim, but i won't say he's not out there.

2 hours ago, jacduggar said:

The statistic is from a brochure at my doctors office 15 years ago when I was getting my tubes tied, so probably outdated *shrug*. 

I actually just talked to my obgyn about this! This baby was a surprise so I wanted to know what I should plan for next time... She said For women under 35 up to a year is considered normal, after that you should make a doctors appointment to discuss fertility, but since I've already had a baby she would expect it to just take a few months but not to worry if it takes a little longer. 

36 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm positive Velocibaby would look adorable in this, it comes in a plethora of colors as well.  Stylish AND helpful.

o-BABY-MOP-facebook.jpg

My husband and I joked when we had young babies that we would make nice soft pyjamas from miracle cloth type fabric and just let them lose on the floor cleaning while the crawled and scooted about. Sadly my sewing skills were too bad for that experiment but anyone interested could go ahead and steal that idea. It is not like the baby would be less comfortable in one of those pyjamas compared any other soft baby clothing.

9 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@catlady I just want to believe!! I don’t want the dream to die!!

I think there's a lot of things we can't explain. They discover new species as we explore the earth so why not Sasquatch/Yeti. The Canadian wilderness is vast and I don't feel we can discount so many sightings. People are seeing something.

I'm a believer :)

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

There are plenty of unexplained things in this world, Sasquatch may be one of them. 

The appeal of Derick Dillard may be another.

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The appeal of Derick Dillard may be another.

The leghumpers are another! 

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Not sure where you’re getting your statistic. The Baby Center website claims that 30% of couples trying to conceive will do so in the 1st cycle, 60% in 3 cycles, and 80% in 6 cycles. So a large majority will conceive within 6 months if they are trying. The percentages are even higher if couples are purposely timing intercourse with ovulation.

Doctors say 1 year trying and not conceiving is normal. More than a year, they start checking. If the couple is older than 40, doctors accept start checking at 6 months trying, because fertility quicky decreases.

As conceiving at first cycle is normal, but conceiving at 12 cycle is also normal, it is said 6 months is the average time to conceive. But it's not an exact statistic.

2 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Doctors say 1 year trying and not conceiving is normal. More than a year, they start checking. If the couple is older than 40, doctors accept start checking at 6 months trying, because fertility quicky decreases.

As conceiving at first cycle is normal, but conceiving at 12 cycle is also normal, it is said 6 months is the average time to conceive. But it's not an exact statistic.

The original poster said that it took the average couple one year to conceive, not that it was normal to take one year. I assume there’s some variation too based on some women purposefully trying to get pregnant every month and other women who are just open to conceiving whenever it happens. You might think you’re trying to get pregnant, but if you’re  not having sex on the right days, you’re not trying enough. And I’m not trying to piss off the huge number of couples with fertility issues, but for the large majority of younger women, it’s not difficult to get pregnant. So in the 20% of the women who don’t get pregnant within six months, some will conceive within a normal period of time and some will have fertility issues, but according to the “experts” at the Baby Center, 80% will be pregnant by six months.

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Based on what Jinger and Jeremy have said and not said about having babies, I believe they are somehow preventing pregnancy. Maybe during ovulation, Jeremy is using the pull out method and they’ve been fortunate not to conceive. And they also know that if she got pregnant anyway, it was God’s plan. I bet Jeremy doesn’t have enough self-control for NFP and I also don’t think he would make Jinger responsible for birth control. I do think they are very wise for using this time to get to know each other before bringing a baby into the dynamic.

x2

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

WHERE are the Sasquatch bones? HUH?

1 minute ago, Four is Enough said:

Most bones of most animals get destroyed by other animals, why not Sasquatch?  

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Derick uses them to clean his braces. :P

41 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Stuffed down a crevasse, obviously! It's part of their burial ritual.

37 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

There are no bones because he’s immortal.

Maybe he is a god??

Sort of along the same lines of cryptids, I badly want to believe that Tasmanian Tigers/Thylacines are still alive. Rumors about them come out on a fairly regular basis. They were such strange animals. They looked like dogs but were actually marsupials with pouches like kangaroos. I hope that at least they can be cloned eventually. (I'm also really hoping that cloning brings back mammoths!)

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Sort of along the same lines of cryptids, I badly want to believe that Tasmanian Tigers/Thylacines are still alive. Rumors about them come out on a fairly regular basis. They were such strange animals. They looked like dogs but were actually marsupials with pouches like kangaroos. I hope that at least they can be cloned eventually. (I'm also really hoping that cloning brings back mammoths!)

Hide contents

Yes! There was an episode of Kratts' Creatures about the Tasmanian Tiger. I watched it as a kid, and I've been fascinated with it ever since. I'd love to think that they're still alive out there somewhere.

Re: Sasquatch. Realistically, I tend to believe that something much like the sasquatch may well have existed in the not-too-distant past, but died out maybe 500-200 years ago. A lot of sightings can be attributed to bears, people's eyes playing tricks, other animal noises, etc. But still... I Want To Believe.

Re: Dyatlov Pass - this is another one that fascinates me! The best theory I read was that the incident was caused by infrasound. From Wikipedia:

Another hypothesis popularized by Donnie Eichar's 2013 book Dead Mountain is that wind going around Holatchahl Mountain created a Kármán vortex street, which can produce infrasound capable of inducing panic attacks in humans.[12][13] According to Eichar's theory, the infrasound generated by the wind as it passed over the top of the Holatchahl mountain was responsible for causing physical discomfort and mental distress in the hikers.[12] Eichar claims that, because of their panic, the hikers were driven to leave the tent by whatever means necessary, and fled down the slope. By the time they were further down the hill, they would have been out of the infrasound's path and would have regained their composure, but in the darkness would be unable to return to their shelter. [12]The traumatic injuries suffered by three of the victims were the result of their stumbling over the ledge of a ravine in the darkness and landing on the rocks at the bottom.

There was a longer explanation of it that I found somewhere, and it was really compelling to me, so I'll see if I can dig it up...

24 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Area 51.

Speaking of Area 51 - this is literally the scariest book I've ever read.  Not about aliens but about the government shenanigans that go on there.

https://www.amazon.com/Area-51-Uncensored-Americas-Military/dp/0316202304/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508885867&sr=8-1&keywords=annie+jacobsen+area+51

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

Not about aliens but about the government shenanigans that go on there.

snipped here-and-there

If the US government DOESN'T scare you (all of it - not just the current administration) you're not paying attention. :/

Edited to add:  thanks for the book rec - I just ordered it. :)

8 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I have always HOPED hat Sasquatch existed. That would be so much fun.

Yes!   Sasquatch, Big Foot......I have a soft spot in my heart for them! <3

9 hours ago, SummerRocks said:

No sorry, those diapers on her dresser is not real life.

By rough count, there  appears to be about 8 diapers there.  If you do the math and consider that Henry needs changed more often (lets say 6 are his and 2-3 are Spurgeons) and the fact that she said her diaper genie/pail/container was broken....those could just be from one evening into the next morning.   I'm going to give her benefit of the doubt that in the evening /middle of the night she just changed the diapers and laid them there with the intention of throwing them away in the morning.  Then when she did her first post she recognized how it was ridiculous and was showing..."hey I fail in BIG ways too just like all moms" and thats a pretty big fail..she even acknowledges it in the second post....when my kids were little, I didn't have a pile like that, but I'm sure on many occasions I had a couple laying around inadvertently for a period of time.   It's embarrassing, but honest for a lot of moms.    It happens.

I guess i'm just a failure as a mom, too! 

4 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Not saying I believe or don't believe, but I also read an argument once that said it is really rare to find bear bones/remains in the woods after they die and we know those exist.   They simply get picked clean by scavengers/decompose.  So just going by that doesn't prove or disprove existence. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived