IGNORED

Seewalds 27: Playing not Cleaning

Coconut Flan

No sorry, those diapers on her dresser is not real life. That's either not caring, not knowing better or being plain lazy. 

Also what made her go to a vent and take a picture of it to put on social media?! 

Jessa knows what she is doing ... and I agree with those that feel like this is all brand marketing. 

jessa.jpg

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

That is, if they actually are doing something to limit their family size! We don't know.

Very true, although it is somewhat suspicious that every other Duggar offspring has effortlessly reproduced within the first year or so of marriage. Plus JinJer's awkward, ambiguous responses when asked about kids. If I recall, Jill, Jessa, and Joy (and Anna!) were all pretty vocal about wanting children/letting the Lord decide/etc etc etc towing the fundie party line, perhaps Jessa slightly less-so. But we've seen none of that from JinJer, even before their wedding, when they would have had no way of knowing whether either of them had fertility issues. So I'm inclined to believe that SOMETHING is going on there.

I don't know if this is considered taboo to mention on FJ, but I'm wondering if Jinger's weight may be a factor. She has been extremely thin since courting Jeremy (any maybe before that as well, I don't recall), and the camera adds pounds, so I can only imagine how tiny she is in reality. With that, and the family history of eating disorders, I've wondered if Jinger may not be in good physical condition to conceive.

14 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I don't know if this is considered taboo to mention on FJ, but I'm wondering if Jinger's weight may be a factor. She has been extremely thin since courting Jeremy (any maybe before that as well, I don't recall), and the camera adds pounds, so I can only imagine how tiny she is in reality. With that, and the family history of eating disorders, I've wondered if Jinger may not be in good physical condition to conceive.

As time has passed, I've come to believe that Jinger is using some sort of birth control, but what it might be and how effective it might be is a mystery to me.

As for her weight, I've seen some pretty skinny women get pregnant.  Have you ever walked behind a woman carrying a newborn while wearing pants that show a couple of inches of space between her upper thighs?  Sometimes I've thought "No way that's her baby.  Who is so skinny just after giving birth?"  One woman could have read my mind as she sat on a bench in the mall and started breastfeeding the infant.

But back to Jinger.  No way to tell if she's simply too thin to easily get pregnant, but she's never shown an interest in having children right away.  Jeremy seems to feel the same way, so I feel free assume that they're doing something to hold off on having children.

8 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Very true, although it is somewhat suspicious that every other Duggar offspring has effortlessly reproduced within the first year or so of marriage. Plus JinJer's awkward, ambiguous responses when asked about kids. If I recall, Jill, Jessa, and Joy (and Anna!) were all pretty vocal about wanting children/letting the Lord decide/etc etc etc towing the fundie party line, perhaps Jessa slightly less-so. But we've seen none of that from JinJer, even before their wedding, when they would have had no way of knowing whether either of them had fertility issues. So I'm inclined to believe that SOMETHING is going on there.

It really isn’t suspicious though. Just because her married siblings (excluding Joseph for now) have been pregnant within a year doesn’t mean all of them will. Just look at the Bateses. They currently have four children married. Of those four, one couple has spoken publicly about struggling with infertility (and has not appeared to have conceived at all in their 2+ years of marriage) and a second couple has been very public about their struggle to carry a pregnancy to term. Judging only off their married siblings and the parents, you’d have expected both couples to have no trouble whatsoever.

Not to mention that judging based off Jinger’s siblings completely excludes Jeremy from the equation altogether. He kind of has a pretty important role in whether they have a child or not. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

The average couple takes a year to conceive a baby. 

Not sure where you’re getting your statistic. The Baby Center website claims that 30% of couples trying to conceive will do so in the 1st cycle, 60% in 3 cycles, and 80% in 6 cycles. So a large majority will conceive within 6 months if they are trying. The percentages are even higher if couples are purposely timing intercourse with ovulation.

8 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

This reminds of a time when my cousin was very little... (nothing to do with reading).   

On some toys packaging over here, they use little plastic screws.  So, at lunch one day my cousin passes his shiny new toy to his dad to unscrew the packaging.  My cousin then loudly proclaims in the busy restaurant "My Daddy is really good at screwing!"  :pb_lol:

:pb_lol: In high school one of my friends found a random screw lying around, picked it up, and went up to a mutual friend and said, "Wanna screw?" The mutual friend thought it was so hilarious she took the screw and repeated the kind to EVERYONE.

I am on team some kind of birth control for Jinger and Jeremy but I have no idea about Jessa. I think she will start using at least NFP but I think that will happen after a couple more kids (4-6 kids or so). While their parents are quiverfull I think that NFP is not that far off, it can easily be justified by pointing to god supplying means to help couples both prevent and concieve pregnancies while still being open to life. I think that the Bates and Duggar parents might not be thrilled if their children spoke out in support of NFP but I don't think they would have that big problems with their children applying those principals in secret. 

Okay, here is my personal theory, based on very little but my gut feeling and intuition which is more often than not wrong: I think that Jinger and Jeremy are preventing somehow. Probably NFP, maybe a barrier method. I think that Jeremy they decided to spend the first year of their marriage just being married, and will start trying around their first anniversary.

But I'm also like 25% sure the Sasquatch exists, so take my personal theory for what it's worth. 

45 minutes ago, bananabread said:

but I'm wondering if Jinger's weight may be a factor. She has been extremely thin

Stop with the body-shaming. If I get called out for saying Joy is "bigger" than her sisters, I'm going to call you out for saying Jinger is too thin. She has a small frame and has always been slender. Leave her alone.

Edited to add:  when I got pregnant with Gryffindor Disappointment, my BMI was 18.5 - which is "too thin" or "underweight" to many people. I had zero problems getting pregnant.

28 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Not sure where you’re getting your statistic. The Baby Center website claims that 30% of couples trying to conceive will do so in the 1st cycle, 60% in 3 cycles, and 80% in 6 cycles. So a large majority will conceive within 6 months if they are trying. The percentages are even higher if couples are purposely timing intercourse with ovulation.

The statistic is from a brochure at my doctors office 15 years ago when I was getting my tubes tied, so probably outdated *shrug*. Even still, they haven’t even been married for a year yet, and Jinger’s siblings hyper-fertility has no bearing on her own fertility. This isn’t directed at you specifically, but saying “Jessa/Jill/Joy conceived super fast so Jinger MUST be preventing” is just a huge leap. 

7 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Stop with the body-shaming. If I get called out for saying Joy is "bigger" than her sisters, I'm going to call you out for saying Jinger is too thin. She has a small frame and has always been slender. Leave her alone.

Edited to add:  when I got pregnant with Gryffindor Disappointment, my BMI was 18.5 - which is "too thin" or "underweight" to many people. I had zero problems getting pregnant.

Is any speculation about someone's appearance or health body shaming...? It's widely accepted that being either significantly underweight or overweight can make it difficult to get pregnant. Both significantly under- and overweight women can experience disruptions in their menstrual cycle/irregular ovulation/etc. It's clearly not a universal rule, both small and large women have babies every day, but being extremely thin can make a difference in reproduction. Not sure how that's a controversial statement.

Yes, it's body shaming.

Speculating about someone's APPEARANCE and saying that you're wondering if her weight is a factor is body-shaming. If she were obese and you said that, people would have jumped ALL OVER you for it. Saying she's extremely thin and then SPECULATING about her body "and the family history of eating disorders" is WAY out of line.

I'm calling you out because I've been body-shamed for being "too thin" and it fucking SUCKS.

1 minute ago, jacduggar said:

This isn’t directed at you specifically, but saying “Jessa/Jill/Joy conceived super fast so Jinger MUST be preventing” is just a huge leap. 

I don't think that's quite the leap being made. It's the combination of genetic predisposition for fertility + JinJer's apparent attitude towards having children. There's a reason why people here didn't ever speculate that Michael Bates was preventing. Most fundie couples are very open that children are a blessing/we're leaving it up to God/can't wait for little ones/"I love babies!!!!11!!1!"/etc. Jinger hasn't really ever expressed and interest in having children anytime soon. She doesn't like attending births. She and Jeremy have made their own life in TX and seem to keep the Duggar hoard at an arm's length.

All those things combined make it a longshot - to me personally - that JinJer are actively trying for children or not preventing in any way. I could be totally wrong, and JinJer could post an Instagram pic tomorrow about how much they've longed for children over this past year and it just hasn't been the Lord's plan for them yet. But I'd be pretty surprised.

27 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Okay, here is my personal theory, based on very little but my gut feeling and intuition which is more often than not wrong: I think that Jinger and Jeremy are preventing somehow. Probably NFP, maybe a barrier method. I think that Jeremy they decided to spend the first year of their marriage just being married, and will start trying around their first anniversary.

But I'm also like 25% sure the Sasquatch exists, so take my personal theory for what it's worth. 

I'm like, 75% sure the Sasquatch could exist, but I'm like 90% sure J&J are preventing blessings in some way.  They just didn't seem to be too het up about procreating immediately from the beginning.

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yes, it's body shaming.

Speculating about someone's APPEARANCE and saying that you're wondering if her weight is a factor is body-shaming. If she were obese and you said that, people would have jumped ALL OVER you for it. Saying she's extremely thin and then SPECULATING about her body "and the family history of eating disorders" is WAY out of line.

I'm calling you out because I've been body-shamed for being "too thin" and it fucking SUCKS.

Sorry you've had a bad personal experience, but I've been chubby most of my life (and ridiculed for it, of course) and I 100000% acknowledge that being overweight can cause reproductive problems. Sometimes it's even a symptom of reproductive problems (ex. PCOS). You not liking people making comments about your weight doesn't change science.

I'm not assuming Jinger has an eating disorder or is unhealthy in any way. I'm just pointing out that if we're going to speculate about why someone is not pregnant, an underlying health problem could reasonably be a part of the discussion, along with infinite other explanations. Especially, as I said, when being extremely body-conscious/restricting intake is not exactly unheard of in the Duggar household. I mean, come on, Jessa (Jinger's bff) has been VERY vocal about her struggle with body image. It's not possible that Jinger inherited/learned a touch of that?

But. if common sense is so offensive, I'll go back to my veggie burrito and leave the discussion.

I have always HOPED hat Sasquatch existed. That would be so much fun.

I hope they are preventing. They do seem very happy. New house, travel and so on. 

25 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yes, it's body shaming.

I’m going to have to side with you on this one. I personally find it kind of odd and uncomfortable to comment on anyone else’s body or to comment on potential medical conditions someone may have. 

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Ha! How old was he when he did that?

I'd say about 4. Like, they had been working with him on reading, but he hadn't seemed super responsive to it at that point. How do you get mad when your four year old instructs you to fuck the world!?

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

That's the statistic I always remember when these fundies get married. Along with the fact that when you first start having sex, you tend to have more sex than 5 years in. They are young, seem relatively healthy, are most likely having plenty of sex, and not using birth control. So yeah, most fundies will get pregnant their first year of marriage. 

Based on what Jinger and Jeremy have said and not said about having babies, I believe they are somehow preventing pregnancy. Maybe during ovulation, Jeremy is using the pull out method and they’ve been fortunate not to conceive. And they also know that if she got pregnant anyway, it was God’s plan. I bet Jeremy doesn’t have enough self-control for NFP and I also don’t think he would make Jinger responsible for birth control. I do think they are very wise for using this time to get to know each other before bringing a baby into the dynamic.

1 hour ago, elliha said:

I am on team some kind of birth control for Jinger and Jeremy but I have no idea about Jessa. I think she will start using at least NFP but I think that will happen after a couple more kids (4-6 kids or so). While their parents are quiverfull I think that NFP is not that far off, it can easily be justified by pointing to god supplying means to help couples both prevent and concieve pregnancies while still being open to life. I think that the Bates and Duggar parents might not be thrilled if their children spoke out in support of NFP but I don't think they would have that big problems with their children applying those principals in secret. 

I'm fairly certain MOST Daggering's will start using birth control of some kind, either NFP, barrier methods or sterilization after X number of kids. Right now the ONLY married w/ kids couple I see having double digits are the Smuggers, if Jill was more Godly better at birthing babies I could see her and whats his face.  I think J&B will slow down after the show is off the air  the next kid.  Not sure about Joy & Austin yet, need to see how well she couch births before I can answer that.  JoKen I'm waiting to see how fast she gets knocked up and how well she handles birth and motherhood as well.

Not to change the subject, but all that talk of cleaning in the last thread caused me to start cleaning the house. Velocibaby thanks you all for that - she’s been introduced to the roll of paper towels and she’s kind of obsessed with rolling around on the floor with them while I clean. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I have always HOPED hat Sasquatch existed. That would be so much fun.

i think if Sasquatch exists, he'd have to be in Northern Siberia.  a being of that size seems to need a large territory; and since no corpse, bones, scat, nest/den (confirmed, anyway), etc have been found, such territory would have to be far from human populations.  Siberia seems to be the best bet.  

1 minute ago, catlady said:

i think if Sasquatch exists, he'd have to be in Northern Siberia.  a being of that size seems to need a large territory; and since no corpse, bones, scat, nest/den (confirmed, anyway), etc have been found, such territory would have to be far from human populations.  Siberia seems to be the best bet.  

Go Siberia!!!

There are plenty of unexplained things in this world, Sasquatch may be one of them. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived