IGNORED

Maxwell 14: Editing Out Fun-Loving

Coconut Flan

In the comments on the blog post about Christophers wedding, I read this:

Happy Anniversary Christopher and Anna Marie! Your wedding was the most beautiful that I have ever seen.

It only looked so good because, being the man getting married, he wasn't the one taking the pictures!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nomoxian said:

Happy Anniversary Christopher and Anna Marie! Your wedding was the most beautiful that I have ever seen.

It only looked so good because, being the man getting married, he wasn't the one taking the pictures!

Their wedding picture has a watermark of "Joseph Maxwell."

Wasn't he a groomsman? How could he take pictures? 

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Their wedding picture has a watermark of "Joseph Maxwell."

Wasn't he a groomsman? How could he take pictures? 

Chris was a groomsman at Joe's wedding too. That didn't stop him. 

1 minute ago, Captain Obvious said:

Chris was a groomsman at Joe's wedding too. That didn't stop him. 

But here's the thing.... It's a picture of the whole wedding party at the altar taken from the balcony. How can he be in two places at once? He must've had someone helping him but didn't give credit. 

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He must've had someone helping him but didn't give credit. 

A Maxwell not mentioning a non-Maxwell?

Spoiler

dude.gif.6e14162271d4deb9b6d54f4c46d7e464.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsy made a trip almost every weekend to work on the house and see John. Here's the question, does each sister rotate chaperoning the two 26 year olds while working on the home? Or is it just always one unfortunate sister? Probably Anna? Does Chelsy get to sleep in the girls' room? They might be afraid John would sneak into Chelsy's room in the middle of the night if she had a room to herself. 

IMG_5036.PNG

16 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

But hopefully these kids will get to interact more with other homeschooled Christian kids? Maybe they'll be allowed to have SOME kind of social life?

Not while Steve is alive...... Single friendships destroy family unity. Kids' activities focus on the individual and all focus must be on the family as a whole.

Steve and Teri seem to have, like many of their kind, to want something different for their family. Remember, Gothard got started with a seminar on avoiding conflicts with teenagers in the family--avoiding teenage rebellion. Legalism is very appealing--do this, this and this and everything will be ok. Only it isn't .....

NORMAL homeschooling families do not isolate, do not think God speaks only to Dad, do not think everyone must stay at home and stay a child (in terms of obeying authority) until marriage, Maxhell is not normal! lol.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He must've had someone helping him but didn't give credit. 

HEY STEVE Lying (even lying by omission) makes Baby Rufus cry!

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does Chelsy get to sleep in the girls' room?

Probably gets locked up at the old folks home to protect John's "innocence." Eve started it all you know....can't be too careful.

I know people are saying she's wearing a skirt in that photo, but it looks just like the capris that I wear with that cuff. Maybe John is hiding her so his dad won't have a conniption fit. 

I would be upset if I paid for a house and wasn’t allowed to move into it even if I had to throw a mattress on the floor while renovating if the bathroom and water is working. Instead of sleeping in a bunk bed and only being able to work on it on approved scheduled time. I get this is the Maxwells, but John is grown and it’s his house. Growing up how he did, I would probably be afraid to stand up to Steve too...

if i had a functioning bathroom, i could (and would want to) live there during reno's.  i'm assuming there's no mold since they're not wearing masks in the photo.  but you're right, @Coconutwater, if Big Daddy Steve said to continue living at the Fathership, John probably wouldn't dare to stand up to him.

11 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Part 2 is here: https://blog.titus2.com/2014/10/06/joseph-and-elissas-story-part-2/

He proposed on 22 May 2014 - so yes, the same day as NotGigi's funeral. 

Thanks! My problem is that I only looked in the Sept. archives. I didn't think it would take them almost 3 weeks to put up part 2. :) And thanks for the link about visiting Steve's mom, @Palimpsest. Of course I hope the Maxwells spent time with her. And yeah, they do leave a lot off their blog so it's hard to understand what's going on in their minds/lives sometimes. I certainly agree about not jumping to conclusions. :)

ETA: in regards to John not staying at his new house, the Maxwell party line, of course, is that all the kids want to live at home until they get married. Which could be true, but I will say that's unusual, even among fundie young men. Nathan apparently did not actually stay the night at his own house until after he and Melanie got back from their honeymoon.

http://www.titus2.com/wedding/nathan-melanie.html

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does Chelsy get to sleep in the girls' room? They might be afraid John would sneak into Chelsy's room in the middle of the night if she had a room to herself. 

Related to that - does anyone know what room this is? (From the Day in the Life post on Mary).

IMG_0136.JPG.84bca32ea5f7abfbfa94a4e9c1a7e4f3.JPGIf it's the girls' room, there's plenty of room for girl kidult guests to stay. If it's their "music room", looks like it's been set up as a spare room. I know the Borg only has three bedrooms officially though.

I'm not certain, but it looks like bunk beds against the wall behind Mary and a single bed to her right.

I sure hope that's a guest room and none of the 20-something and 30-something sisters have to sleep on bunk beds.

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Any photos of Nathan and Melanie's wedding?

You can find them on web archive.

Thread discussing them here:

15 hours ago, nomoxian said:

Seen, but what about heard?  Bless Rufus, the singing was cringe-inducing, and I had three glasses of wine in me!

I really want to ask this person if they actually saw the kiss.  It was a "blink and you'll miss it" blip on the radar.

6 hours ago, kpmom said:

I'm not certain, but it looks like bunk beds against the wall behind Mary and a single bed to her right.

I sure hope that's a guest room and none of the 20-something and 30-something sisters have to sleep on bunk beds.

Anna and Mary share bunk beds, they have been shown with clothes hanging off them in a riveting packing post.

7 hours ago, anniebgood said:

I know people are saying she's wearing a skirt in that photo, but it looks just like the capris that I wear with that cuff. Maybe John is hiding her so his dad won't have a conniption fit. 

I think it's layer of lace at the bottom of the skirt. I would be extremely surprised if Chelsy wore pants while visiting Maxhell - she's written about not  wearing pants while in her father's home out of respect for her family and their standards, and she would almost certainly apply that to visiting the home of her fiancées family. Once she and John become their own family it's up to John.

18 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

NotGigi

So does that make her... ...Gigi Marie?

I guess Chelsy is sleeping in one of the extended-family houses, no way in the main house. It could cause John sinful dreams.

Oh, I do love archive.org. I hadn't seen that beautiful pink Titus2 layout in many years. And the boards are there! I'm getting all sentimental. The Maxwells were my very first fundies, going back to maybe mid 2002. A web search about some fundie led to me stumbling across the old yuku boards around the time FJ got its own domain in 2011 and I was honestly so surprised to find out there were other people who followed fundies like I did. I thought I was the only one. I was alone in my obsession for years until I found you freaks, haha.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived