IGNORED

Counting On - Season 4, part 4 - Where Time Isn't Linear and Everyone Is a Relative

Buzzard

since Jill had another c section, there probably wasn't much to film. They wouldn't let the camera crew into the ER.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time posting here- I was rewatching the first season of counting on and in the second episode they showed Jeremy as a friend of Ben's- and had them go food shopping together to find baby food. I am not sure if this was previously discussed here, but i thought it was worth noting.   

9 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

since Jill had another c section, there probably wasn't much to film. They wouldn't let the camera crew into the ER.

But she laboured for 40 hours (or 35ish) at home and then there’s the post surgical time with IV’s and heartmonitors and prayers, etc. There actually is so much to film! 

I expect we'll see the "skipped" episodes in the B section of the season to be shown in a few months.  They did the same with Joe's wedding as with Joy's of rushing it out rather than fitting it in the timeline.

I have to say that between Derick lashing out about “strife”, the lack of them in ads, the cancellation of the rest of the season...maybe it’s cancelled for good and we will only occasional updates “specials”. 

4 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

But she laboured for 40 hours (or 35ish) at home and then there’s the post surgical time with IV’s and heartmonitors and prayers, etc. There actually is so much to film! 

Just want to point out that we have no idea where Jill labored. I think it’s pretty likely she labored at home, but we never had confirmation about that and we should be careful about not definitively stating she tried for a home VBAC.

It’s entirely possible the birth will be covered on the next season somehow - likely via home video the way they handled Henry’s birth. Henry was born early February and his birth episode didn’t air until late June. Considering this season only really covered up until Joy’s wedding, it makes sense that they wouldn’t show anything to do with Samuel’s birth yet. 

18 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

What is there to even show next season? Joy is dull, annoying and we've seen so many pregnancies that it's not a novelty. Nobody else (that we know of) is even pregnant, nobody is courting, nobody is engaged. So what would we watch? Jessa folding laundry? Jinger and Jeremy eating more Mexican food? Joy going to her jinder ultrasound? Jill sitting at home contemplating the meaning of life while her douchebag husband is Tweeting in the garage? Like there is literally NOTHING even mildly interesting that they could show.

Long-term, I think the only Duggar episodes I really want to see are:

1. Jana gets married;

2. James or Hannie learn Calculus; ace physics; get into a real college.

3.  Jenni and Jordyn run off together to New York or Nashville or Dallas;  write tell-all.

TLC just paid for Joe and Kendra's Greek honeymoon, so unless there's another scandal about to break, I can't imagine why TLC would suddenly cancel the show. Surely they would try to get whatever money they can from the footage they already had and then cancel/stop filming. 

Anyone  know when the new season will come out? I feel like the new seasons have been so sporadic, despite the boringness of this past season. January? March? December? I don't even know anymore.  I think I've been more excited to see Joe's wedding than anything else, so glad we get to see that tomorrow. I'm also interested to see what the editing will be like with in this episode with smuggar being there..

I want to see Jana get married but the episode I'd be most interested in is  Jinger having a kid. Off all the sister-moms she seemed the most hands-off (at least on camera). She also has always had the most averse reactions to labour/discussing birth etc.

6 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I have to say that between Derick lashing out about “strife”, the lack of them in ads, the cancellation of the rest of the season...maybe it’s cancelled for good and we will only occasional updates “specials”. 

Strife to Derrick is probably that he isn't getting enough air time to preach his rubbish. Also he hates that "My name is Jazz" is on the same channel / TV period.

I'd watch the episode where Anna takes the kids and leaves to go and live with her brother who offered help before.

I'd also watch the episode where Neil Degrasse Tyson debates Jimboob about the history of the solar system.

On 10/20/2017 at 4:28 PM, sunshine said:

It is good that the Duggar's have family friends to help set up their weddings. I can't think of anyone I trust to setup my wedding, if that time happens.

But also don't forget, the women shouldn't have to be sidetracked by the wedding (note: sarcasm) - once courting, they are excused from chores, helping around the house, the buddy system, schooling, cleaning, and yes, *anything* that could distract them from their man.  So I don't know how much of it is a trust thing - and how much of it is a: "I get to interact with the opposite sex for the first time ever, don't distract me."

On 10/20/2017 at 6:36 PM, Analytica49 said:

-snip - I was surprised that there was a huge airport welcome for Jill and D-Wreck and Israel, and absolutely none for Jinger and Jeremy. I understand that the story line is that Jill and family are coming from a ***dangerous*** place, and it's ***amazing*** they survived. Still, as many people on FJ have observed, the Duggars are pretty dull people, AND they apparently don't have much to do all day after they get up at 10:00 am or whatever it is. So why did NO ONE greet Jinger and Jeremy at the airport? I would have thought at least a couple of siblings could have gotten their act together enough to go and say Welcome back. It made me wonder whether, in fact, Jill is one of the ***good*** Duggar offspring, but Jinger has been relegated to some not-so-good category because of her failure to procreate asap.

^^Not saying any and all of this isn't true ^^, but in the show - the caption stated that Jinger and Jeremy arrived the day of the rehearsal dinner.  For all we know, they would have gladly given her just as big of a reception, but Jinger was perfectly fine with the family being able to focus on the wedding prep.  Or maybe since Jill seems more sensitive in general, she needed to feel like it was okay she was coming back (who knows what kind of insidious, passive aggressive comments Derick made to her about leaving Central America), and needed a big welcome home.  I know, I'm just playing devil's advocate, and I'm not even suggesting this has to be the case either.  But I think it's possible. 

On 10/20/2017 at 10:04 PM, calimojo said:

I thought it was interesting that no one was at the airport for Jinger and Jeremy as well.  And when they arrived at the TTH, the welcome was pretty underwhelming.  Jinger just walks in and says high and there is a stiff side hug between she and Jessa. 

-snip-
My impression is that Jinger is very bonded to Jeremy, and I don't think she keenly misses her family as much as we seem to feel Jill does.   

We do know they have retaped certain scenes (based on comments from others who have participated on the show).  So maybe this was a second take, that was a little less enthusiastic the second time around.

Also, Jinger and Jeremy are alone, seemingly bonding well.  While Jill got pregnant two seconds after being married, then got moved to Central America - seemingly not going well for her general emotional health by her own accounts.  Then pregnant again, and back again to Central America she goes.  I might be seeking my old normal, too.

On 10/20/2017 at 10:09 PM, nst said:

-snip - Jill can't handle her husband so she needs the TTH 

I feel like Jill is struggling not only with Derick, but also being a "missionary", as well as being a mom - without the support of family nearby.  I think she's struggling period, in all sorts of ways.

I know, I know, I sound like a Jill-apologist, but I'm just not sure if it's a fair comparison between how Jinger vs. Jill are adjusting to life outside the TTH.

---

And finally, welcome @Gottahavedembabies to FJ!! <3  Love the name :D

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

3.  Jenni and Jordyn run off together to New York or Nashville or Dallas;  write tell-all.

Rufus bless me - but I'd even buy a tell all by Smugger - if he left the cult and confessed to being a douche bag

^^^^

My money is on Smugs and/or  Jenni &  Jordyan to write the tell all.   I could also see D-wreck  at some point in the future  publishing a book about his life since marrying into the Duggar cult.  I believe that in high school, through college, he was a barely a fundie to a  fundie light Christian, than his father died.   So he gravitated toward the structure of fundi-ism  & hooked up with JimBoob to help cope with his father's death.  Thanks to Boob and JIlly-Muffin he went off the deep end of fundii-ism, became Hippie Jesus and he is where he is now with his horrid tweets .  Butat some point,  perhaps in his mid 30s to early 40s  he'll change and the book will come out.  

You might be a Duggar if, "You think synonym is something you put on your toast."

11 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

^^^^

My money is on Smugs and/or  Jenni &  Jordyan to write the tell all.  

#FreeJordyn

I  would never buy a book published by dWRECK. His egotistical ass would sneak some proselytizing in there. :pb_lol: 

1 hour ago, Firebird said:

I was just listening to Bill Engvall and Jeff Foxworthy. There needs to be "you might be a duggar if"...jokes.

The first time I heard Jeff Foxworthy's TAPE (yes, a cassette tape)... I had to pull my car over, onto the shoulder of an interstate, because I was laughing so hard. 

How about you might be a duggar if your China cabinet contains your best paper plates.

Or 

You might be a duggar if "hey hey hey" isn't just for horses.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I  would never buy a book published by dWRECK. His egotistical ass would sneak some proselytizing in there. :pb_lol: 

BUT. What if the book was a tell-all about how he was bribed by TLC to play the role of unlikable, scandal-ridden, zealot loser spouse? You know, to fill Smuggar's shoes in the show narrative? Because really, no authentic person could possibly be as intolerable as D-Wreck. Now it all makes sense. ;)

My question is how will Joy with all her exuberance for being physically affectionate,  how will she handle the long term of being with someone that doesn't seem to reciprocate? Especially as the honeymoon phase wears off...
But maybe that's the benefit to many blessings, no time to realize you're unhappy til you're completely stuck with 80,000 kids

I realize this is ancient in thread years, but had to comment!

Mr Scribber is touchy feely. I am not. This causes huge tension in our marriage at times. (And we lived together for 3years prior to marriage... so we knew each other well.)

This has potential to be miserable for both of them.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived