IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

Is DWreck unusual in the fundie world or just more public about it because he is studying to be a HolyMinister? I dunno

I see DWreck as a real zealot. As a result of that he behaves differently than say Joe who is an average fundy. And Jill of course must follow her headship. 

I fled the church of my youth and remain skeptical of religious organizations FOR MYSELF.

I value kindness and if I then don't enjoy your religious flavor, well, so what. Religious freedom is a foundational belief in the US where I live.

I think the Duggars religious cult is awful. I first became aware they were a cult when a friend of mine who was raised in a cult told me. 

I just think that DWreck grifting for dollars with a family depending on him is just nutty.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my response to Dereck, every.single.time.he.tweets:

James 1:26 (NIV)
Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

You know, something tells me the average millennial isn't the problem, Derick. And I'm pretty sure that your definitions of  liberty and justice only protect straight, white, Christian cis-men. You don't seem to think that NFL players should have to liberty to protest during the national anthem.

Also, he liked this tweet responding to his Target boycott bs

Maybe the theory that he and Jill are stepping away from the show has some truth to it. We can only hope. :P 

"Liberty and justice for all"?! Are you fucking kidding me, Derick? Do you hear yourself? Are you seriously that obtuse? You believe in the exact opposite of liberty and justice for all!

Also nothing better than a millennial insisting, "I'm not like those other millennials, I'm a COOL millennial!"

I have so much second hand embarrassment reading his inane tweets. He should change his twitter handle to 'derick4cringe'.

4 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Having his mom back him up on Twitter is the most DWreck thing ever.  :my_biggrin:

Hahahahaha I just love this.

Cathy, go spend some time with Dan and Deena why don't you?! Oh wait, they are probably having too much fun for you.
I'm thinking Derick got his severity and zealotry from his mother......Dan is the fun brother! Or at least seems to be, so does Deena, I think they make a great pair.
I don't think I would want to tear my eyeballs out spending time with them, versus Derick and Jill :pb_rollseyes:

5 hours ago, brusselsgriffon said:

In my experience straight cis men (like Derick) are far more dangerous than any other demographic anyway. Can we just ban them from everywhere? Or at the very least, can we ban the ones who go on hateful twitter rampages? I don't want him anywhere near my local target or its bathrooms 

Exactly!!!! I'm so sick of cis men screaming about how trans women are a threat to cis women. I'm sick of those dudes trying to declare what is a threat to me. No, shut up, YOU'RE the threat, asshole!!! 

20 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Having his mom back him up on Twitter is the most DWreck thing ever.  :my_biggrin:

"Mommy, the heathens are being mean to me on the internet!! Come defend me!!! Mommy!!!!" And the best defense she can come up with is "those are not his socks." I don't give a fuck those are not his socks, he supports a white supremacist sexual predator.

values and pursues "liberty and justice for all."* 

*Some terms and conditions may apply. If you are not white, heterosexual, christian, middle class, male these terms do not apply to you. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

"Liberty and justice for all"?! Are you fucking kidding me, Derick? Do you hear yourself? Are you seriously that obtuse? You believe in the exact opposite of liberty and justice for all!

Also nothing better than a millennial insisting, "I'm not like those other millennials, I'm a COOL millennial!"

I have so much second hand embarrassment reading his inane tweets. He should change his twitter handle to 'derick4cringe'.

I was pretty much eating virtual popcorn until I saw your response to this.  I was expecting it to be good.  Thanks for not disappointing. :popcorn:

Why did his mum need to point out that those were not his feet? Derick has openly supported the tangerine cockwomble in the past. Surely those cotton monstrosities bearing his image should need no defending? 

8 minutes ago, Kleine Vampirin said:

Why did his mum need to point out that those were not his feet? Derick has openly supported the tangerine cockwomble in the past. Surely those cotton monstrosities bearing his image should need no defending? 

And like @HarryPotterFan said, that was her best retort!  ALL those comments, and that was the only open spot for a rebuttal. 

BTW, excellent use of the term "cockwomble." We need more polysyllabic Scottish insults to keep up with Chump's buffoonery. 

6 minutes ago, Kleine Vampirin said:

Because she simply can't stop herself from defending her precious little boy against the nasty heathens of twitter, and literally the only thing she can say is, "Those aren't his feet" because her precious little boy, like her, is a staunch supporter of the tangerine cockwomble (fantastic name, by the way, thanks for that one). 

Cathy seriously needs to step back and start letting her 28-year-old son fight his own damn battles. It's embarrassing.

Amusing as it is to see her now increasingly dipping into Twitter spats to tell people who call him out to 'check their facts', couldn't she just spill some beans? Go on Cathy, you know your typing fingers are just itching to say more :evil-laugh:

@BabyFactoryClosing Of course, Dwreck would use someone's trauma to make a religious point. Typical. 

Plus, everyone knows that when a cis-white man says some bullshit on social media, a middle-aged Republican woman from Middle America must materialize to defend him.  

But seriously, both their twitters are an uncurated, #alternativefacts mess and it's hilarious. 

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

This is my response to Dereck, every.single.time.he.tweets:

James 1:26 (NIV)
Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

Maybe if every.single.one of us replies with that every time? Hmm...

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Maybe if every.single.one of us replies with that every time? Hmm...

Derick would continue to do what he's doing right now. Because he's a self righteous prick who gets off on being a dick. 

It almost makes me want to get a twitter account so I can give him a cookie for every obnoxious asshat comment he posts, since thats clearly what he's after.

Whew, it was his mom who knew those weren’t his feet. I was briefly horrified that someone random had paid that much attention to his feet.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Because she simply can't stop herself from defending her precious little boy against the nasty heathens of twitter, and literally the only thing she can say is, "Those aren't his feet" because her precious little boy, like her, is a staunch supporter of the tangerine cockwomble (fantastic name, by the way, thanks for that one). 

To be fair I'd want to support and defend my daughter even if she had some unpopular views.  That being said if she was being a flaming shit weasel I'd want to point that out to her.

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

To be fair I'd want to support and defend my daughter even if she had some unpopular views.  That being said if she was being a flaming shit weasel I'd want to point that out to her.

But would that include defending your adult daughter against random internet strangers on social media during political/religious arguments? I personally think it's ridiculous that Derick's mother reads his twitter comments and jumps in to defend him. It would be like my mother making an FJ account and popping up here to defend me, her 29-year-old daughter, whenever someone disagreed with me. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, Kleine Vampirin said:

Amusing as it is to see her now increasingly dipping into Twitter spats to tell people who call him out to 'check their facts', couldn't she just spill some beans? Go on Cathy, you know your typing fingers are just itching to say more :evil-laugh:

Maybe tell us how hard he worked in full-time elementary school?  Or whether he tried to run over helpless animals with a sled?

Seriously - I don't see why she'd be chiming in if she thought he was competent enough to either defend himself or realize it's time to STFU already.  Has she already suggested that he STFU, to no avail?

25 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

But would that include defending your adult daughter against random internet strangers on social media during political/religious arguments? I personally think it's ridiculous that Derick's mother reads his twitter comments and jumps in to defend him. It would be like my mother making an FJ account and popping up here to defend me, her 29-year-old daughter, whenever someone disagreed with me. :pb_lol:

My kid is 14, so my hypothetical support is just that.  She is still a minor so I think I  have the right to yank her off the inter-webs. If she were an adult, no I would not go public with my defense. If she were ranting Derdork style I'd stay the  off the internet and have a private chat. I think what I mean by defending her is that  I'd let her know she has the right to feel however she does, but she can't use t hat right to harm others.

5 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

"Mommy, the heathens are being mean to me on the internet!! Come defend me!!! Mommy!!!!" And the best defense she can come up with is "those are not his socks." I don't give a fuck those are not his socks, he supports a white supremacist sexual predator.

Dear lord she must have been a barrel of monkeys at Parent-Teacher Conferences.

• samurai_sarah pinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah unpinned this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived