IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone done a breakdown of which of the little girls were bridesmaids in each of the older girls' weddings?  I feel like once again Jordyn (the new "Jinger") got screwed.  Just curious...

23 minutes ago, DugFan said:

Has anyone done a breakdown of which of the little girls were bridesmaids in each of the older girls' weddings?  I feel like once again Jordyn (the new "Jinger") got screwed.  Just curious...

Jill had Hannie. Jennie, Jordyn, Josie, and Mack were Flowergirls. 

Jessa had none of them as Bridesmaids. Jordyn was a Flowergirl.

Jinger had Hannie. I think only Josie was Flowergirl?

Joy had Hannie and Jennie. I think one of Austin’s nieces was a Flowergirl. 

Sorry. Best I could do as I don’t watch the weddings. Lol!

ETA: Anyone wishing to discuss the massive blowup, the discussion has moved to a new thread you may find enlightening. Admins have linked to the thread at the top of this one (for now.)

18 hours ago, Ms Tilly said:

And yet everyone minimized the posters' trauma. 

Look, fluffy was very obviously crying out for help, whether it is or is not appropriate in this forum is up for debate BUT everyone just shut her out. Not only shut her out, notified to 'fuck off', condescendingly told 'bless your heart' and blatantly name-called an asshole. 

I mean, what the ever loving fuck?! Completely unnecessary, IMO. 

I didn't see anyone victim-blame Fluffy, and if they did that doesn't mean 'we all' did. I'd like to point out that Fluffy also told me to 'Fuck Off,' when I responded to her posts. 

She's not an innocent party here. 

17 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

OH GOD thank you. Reading this has kicked in some severrreeee anxiety. yuck.

My daughter and my respite pal both have autism. So we got some rocks (the kindness rocks are a big thing around here, you paint them and hide them, etc) and we made candy corn rocks. Very easy because it's really just three colors and I did lines for them. They're drying now, and on Saturday, we will go hide them. 

I love kindness rocks! My former neighbors daughter is autism and she's made hundreds of them and loves it! Its caught on in my area and I love finding on!

2 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

I love kindness rocks! My former neighbors daughter is autism and she's made hundreds of them and loves it! Its caught on in my area and I love finding on!

You should do them with your participants. They love it! We have a huge autism community here because of the research at the university, so it's a big favorite. And for my lower functioning daughter who hates fine motor things, the easy things, like the candy corn were a win! My respite guy might hide them in the most obvious places, but it's exciting for him to see someone find them within 30 seconds LOL!

3 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

You should do them with your participants. They love it! We have a huge autism community here because of the research at the university, so it's a big favorite. And for my lower functioning daughter who hates fine motor things, the easy things, like the candy corn were a win! My respite guy might hide them in the most obvious places, but it's exciting for him to see someone find them within 30 seconds LOL!

You know, I think I will do this. I have a really creative/artisic consumer and I know she'd get a kick out of them. I'm just wondering where to find rocks that are smooth enough to work for this. THanks!

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Jill had Hannie. Jennie, Jordyn, Josie, and Mack were Flowergirls. 

Jessa had none of them as Bridesmaids. Jordyn was a Flowergirl.

Jinger had Hannie. I think only Josie was Flowergirl?

Joy had Hannie and Jennie. I think one of Austin’s nieces was a Flowergirl. 

Sorry. Best I could do as I don’t watch the weddings. Lol!

ETA: Anyone wishing to discuss the massive blowup, the discussion has moved to a new thread you may find enlightening. Admins have linked to the thread at the top of this one (for now.)

And did Jessa have Hannie as a bridesmaid? I cannot remember!

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

And did Jessa have Hannie as a bridesmaid? I cannot remember!

No. Jessa had Jinger, Jana, Jill, and Joy. She also had three of Ben’s sisters and four friends, plus Jordyn and Faith Seewald as Flowergirls.

5 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

You know, I think I will do this. I have a really creative/artisic consumer and I know she'd get a kick out of them. I'm just wondering where to find rocks that are smooth enough to work for this. THanks!

I know the dollar stores around where I frequent have the various sizes, the little ones for tea lights up to the big ones (sometimes those have blessings painted on one side) if nature around you isn't smooth rockin. 

I did see something else today that might potentially work depending on weather equipment. The adult day center had planned a Halloween kite day, weather wasn't permitting, so they flew their painted kites inside with blade fans and wall ac units.  It looked like a ton of a fun. I couldn't quite tell the materials, but I can ask. "When it rains, we still soar!" 

I'm not sure if it's been discussed already, but I just watched this Vice video on how messed up (i.e. non-existent) tenant protections are in Arkansas, which is the second poorest state in the country. You can be jailed for being late on rent. 

I have no idea how JimBob is as a landlord, but it instantly made me think of the Duggar real estate empire in the state.

Anyone else think Meechelle will be apoplectic when she sees this news?

Britain’s biggest family welcomes 20th baby

Britain’s biggest family has got even bigger – for the last time. Sue and Noel Radford have welcomed their 20th baby, but revealed their plans for Archie to be their last child.

Sue, 42, gave birth to 8lb 6oz Archie on Monday, The Sun reported. He joins Chris, 28, Sophie, 23, Chloe, 22, Jack, 20, Daniel, 18, Luke and Millie 16, Katie, 14, James, 13, Ellie, 12, Aimee, 11, Josh, ten, Max, eight, Tillie, seven, Oscar, five, Casper, four, Hallie, two, and Phoebe, 13 months. Noel, 46, had a vasectomy during his wife’s ninth pregnancy but later had it reversed, and said he has no plans to have another one.

But he told The Sun: ‘We both think this is it. I feel sad in a way but now we can get on and enjoy the kids.’ He added: ‘Having it (a vasectomy) reversed is worse than going in the first time. I won’t be going back again. We’ll work something out.’ The couple, who are grandparents to Sophie’s three children, said child benefit is the only handout they receive.

Sue said: ‘It’s strange knowing you’re not going to have any more. Our daughter Chloe said: ‘I believe you now.’ I don’t think she has before, but because I’ve said (this is the last one) a few times now she does.’ The family lives in a ten-bedroom house and own a 15-seater minivan which can no longer transport all their kids at once. Sue said she is looking forward to not being pregnant even though ‘all the midwives’ at the hospital know her now.

michellerobocall.png.02849ff611bf432a8fbb949a2a16406c.png

Trigger warning,  this question is about sexual abuse. I was not raised in a conservative Christian culture, so I hope that someone can answer my question. Would sexual abuse survivors have been encouraged to be ' quiet' about it because the victims are viewed as culpable and therefore less than? I certainly do not hold these harmful views, but  unfortunately I know that they are not uncommon in some groups.

I set my DVR for "Counting On" and it has recorded several sort of compilation shows from 2015.  "Duggars' Guide to Love" consists of clips of the weddings, engagements, guys asking JB to court or marry one of the girls...and includes a lot of talking head segments. Notably Josh and Anna sanctimoniously going on about maintaining "purity" before marriage, which are really hard to watch without Ashley Madison and/or all that molestation history coming to mind. I am surprised these episodes are airing.

On a lighter note they include, "man on the street" type interviews where they ask seemingly random people about "saving your first kiss for marriage" and "courting" and somehow find young people who take the questions seriously. Then there are two awesome older couples with obviously more racy pasts who just keep cracking up at how truly dumb all that is. 

18 hours ago, llg1234 said:

I'm assuming this was posted by Michelle. It's kind of a weird and vague post.

At first I thought they were eating little frozen pot pies? I like those on a sick day... And is that one of those hand blenders for soup, etc? But there is a bag of salad greens next to it, so I guess those are little real bowls with salad in them. That's fine. Just, the stick blender seems to be a focal item, which amuses me for some reason.

There is an odd object on the baking tray, and one to the right of the flower vase, as well, that I wish I could make out better.

I know all that sounds ridiculous, but it's the sort of thing I tend to zero in on (wait, is that actually kind of a slur? I never thought about it before, and really it's neutral, but odd, for sure,) while I will not even notice a lot of the details others wonder about. Somehow, this just strikes me as a strangely composed photo. Yes, weird and vague.

@Demonfan I'll try to answer your question to the best of my ability. In a nutshell, it heavily depends and anyone outside of any specific religious group can't answer it fully. You've stated you know that the viewpoint isn't uncommon in some groups, that's probably as definitive as you can get and here are few reasons why.

Even within tightly knit religious communities views vary, the Duggars and Bates approach to courtship/ dating is the first example that comes to mind. Maybe not as publicly, but privately every family operates to their own interpretation, especially in home church groups.

There are a lot of other factors besides the health of abused involved, which may or may not be paramount to a specific family. Fame, status within their organization or community, influence from other families, elders, patronage, just to name a few. The Duggars are an interesting look into one family that had abuse, mishandled it on a personal level, but presumably did not assume it would become public knowledge outside of their community. How known it was within is debated, it's stated in the police reports that JB consulted the church elders, beyond that it's a everyone knew/ common knowledge/ so shocked is hearsay. 

Families differ in how they handle things even outside the context of religion. Individuals differ. I personally didn't tell my family about what happened to me since I knew it would cause them pain, even though there is absolutely nothing they could have done about it or prevent it. They know on a very basic level now from helping me with my medical records, but the topic of intimacy isn't something I discuss with them in general, let alone something traumatic in detail. Same with Mr. C, he asked what specifically happened, I asked him to think about if he really wanted to know the details and how that would affect us. He apologized the next day and said on second thought it would turn him into a ragey jackalope, which I probably didn't want to date, but he very badly wanted to continue dating me.  

If I was going to make any assumption, it would be that in situations where the abused knows the perpetrator, it's the perpetrator's voice telling them to be silent that is the loudest. In religious communities that voice probably comes with a lot of spiritual baggage and quotes to make their point. I don't say that specifically in relation to the Duggars, but in general based off the many publicly tried cases on abuse related to various religions and religiously affiliated charities. 

@cascarones thank you for your thoughtful response. I am sorry that you had such a terrible thing happen to you. It is indeed hard to generalize what specific groups do. I was thinking about the emphasis on "purity" before marriage and the impact those views may have. I was also thinking about my own conservative Hindu background and how sexual assault is /was handled in that context and was trying to extrapolate.

I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope this is appropriate but I had to share my Halloween costume! I went as a Duggar!

The Halloween party I went to was full of worldly things like dancing, drinking and exposed knees and collarbones!20691d9c6d2a5d69494ad8bfb0f1788f.jpg

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I hope you also stared adoringly ( and creepily) at your headship ( or a headship).

Haha I would have except he had a huge Trump mask on. I couldn't stand to look at him!

On 10/27/2017 at 7:54 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

ftfy

I thought maybe they were real! I should have known better, but am not highly attuned to the disposable china variety.

What's it with the Duggars and filming/posting about going to the dentist? 

I'm gonna be critical here and say that I hope he got the dental tech's permission to post this. It looks like he caught her off guard and I've dealt with customers acting like that when I'm on the clock, they can do whatever the fuck the want (including taking pictures of me). It's huge pet peeve of mine.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived