IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

Michelle being a robot with that voice again. Ugh, Everytime I see her and Jim Bob. 

Poor Jordyn, she doesn't look happy. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a horrific birthday. Preaching about thrift for her birthday dress. Singing a fuckedup version of a Jesus-birthday-song. 

Jordyn is beautiful. She looked totally pissed off. Her dress is lovely. Michelle spoiled for it for her by yattering on about the price. Who does that? On the child's birthday? In front of her guests?  Way to go Michelle, make your 9 year old feel guilty for buying new and not used on her birthday. 

Run Jordyn,Run as soon as you hit 18. Hopefully Jana will have your bag packed along side Johanna's and Jenny's. J-D will have the plane fuelled up and ready to fly the 5 of you off to a better life. 

52 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Video from Jordyn's party. She looks absolutely thrilled.

Who are the busty blonde (with Grandma) and the dark-haired bearded guy in the black hoodie in that video?

And Poor Jordyn looks absolutely miserable.

13 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

She did buy used.  

Watched it again. Thrift store mentioned.  Michelle boasted because it was fraction of the price etc etc etc. Way to go, make child feel odd about wearing a dress that she obviously loves. Take all the fun out of it and spoil the enjoyment of wearing it for her.  The guests don't give a hoot if it's from a thrift store (IMO). The Duggars have posh phones etc. No money saved there. Michelle shoving her wretched beliefs into the world.  It was Jordyn's day. Her parents don't know her enough to realise that she hates being the focus of attention. Last years video showed that.  

14 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Michelle will never be mother of the year.

...again. She was Arkansas' Mother of the Year once. Does anyone know/remember what year that was?

Happy Birthday, Jordan. I hope you learn that it's okay to yell, make waves, and shake things up as you grow. You shouldn't have to just stay stuck in the rails of the stairway, quietly waiting for someone to notice that you need help. It's okay to scream when it's appropriate. 

She had such a sweet, shy smile, but she should have been beaming through the whole thing. Pathetic parents, who don't know anything about her.

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Pathetic parents, who don't know anything about her.

And I hope they washed that dress before they let her wear it. But probably not. Looks like a dry-clean thing. :(

Poor, poor kid.

That video is so telling/interesting.  Jordyn seems to pull away from Michelle at a few points.  At least she gives a few genuine smiles to JimBob. Also, WTF was up with the thrift story?  JimBob's saying "Happy birthday Jordyn, you're fabulous", and Michelle interrupts to say they got her dress for fraction of the price 'cause they bought it used.  Whaaa?

Seriously, if Jordyn ever gets away from the fundie life, she could play poker.

That video made me really uncomfortable. She looked like she wanted to get as far away from JB&M as possible. 

32 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Watched it again. Thrift store mentioned.  Michelle boasted because it was fraction of the price etc etc etc. Way to go, make child feel odd about wearing a dress that she obviously loves. Take all the fun out of it and spoil the enjoyment of wearing it for her.  The guests don't give a hoot if it's from a thrift store (IMO). The Duggars have posh phones etc. No money saved there. Michelle shoving her wretched beliefs into the world.  It was Jordyn's day. Her parents don't know her enough to realise that she hates being the focus of attention. Last years video showed that.  

The only emotion or feeling Michelle has is pride. 

27 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

She had such a sweet, shy smile, but she should have been beaming through the whole thing. Pathetic parents, who don't know anything about her.

It actually makes me tear up. Times like this her parents truly disgust me. :pb_rollseyes:

54 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Who are the busty blonde (with Grandma) and the dark-haired bearded guy in the black hoodie in that video?

The blonde is Jim Bob's sister.  

Jordyn seemed to be using her hands to protect her body -- I don't mean in a squicky way, but she doesn't seem entirely comfortable.  Like she doesn't trust JB not to suddenly tickle her or something.  Or, much like me as a child, maybe she just Does. Not. Like. being in the spotlight.  Ugh!

We can only hope she is thinking "WTF, family!  Who wants to live in this nonsensical way?"  and that she'll head out to live with her least religious sibling on her 15th birthday...

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Her body language towards Michelle is almost revulsion at the end, she leans on to JB to get away from her mother's hands.

Props for getting away with no expression except for gum snapping and occasional smirk. Jordyn has the attitude down. I'd be less than impressed by that performance her parents did if that were me. What awful people. Sorry Jordyn!!

5 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

We can only hope she is thinking "WTF, family!  Who wants to live in this nonsensical way?"  and that she'll head out to live with her least religious sibling on her 15th birthday...

I agree, I hope she finds an excuse to go live with one of her older sisters, or better yet, cousin Amy.

3 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I spot Lauren Caldwell

Pastor Caldwell was there as well.  Maybe one of the younger Caldwells is friends with Jordyn?

imagining even now as a college kid, if my mom got me a new sweater or toque or jacket and I love it, so I wear it.....and then in the same breath she says, "happy birthday" and brags about how she found the article of clothing for a fraction of the price....how incredibly awkward and uncomfortable! I can only imagine how that poor girl felt. Then again, she's used to it by now. :(

10 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I spot Lauren Caldwell

could all the Caldwells have been there? Kendra was - on Joe's lap, of course - but you can see the back of a little boy's head, and my first thought for some reason was that it was their youngest brother. The Caldwells have a bunch of kid's around Jordyn's age so they'd be a great choice to invite to her party if the Duggars thought that way.

Of course the Duggars have a different Happy Birthday song because the usual one is not Jesus enough. Of COURSE they do.

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Jim Bob's sister Deanna and Caleb Williams.

Jill's wearing a long denim skirt in the house-o-JimBoob. Who's the person on the couch that's behind Joe & Kendra?

Ugh, just watched the Jordyn Birhday video.    Need to change this site name to Free Jordyn.  Seroousily why would a parent feel the need to talk about her child's thrift store dress  on the Child's Birthday  ?        

The video made me cringe, my son is only 7 months older and I can't even fathom him shying away from me or Hubby that way. Was it Jenni's video that was similar (no smile, pulling away from Michelle) or was it Jordyn last year too?

My bigger issue was they couldn't put her birthday announcement first or give that poor girl her own special day. Joe and Kendra's baby could've waited one.damn.day to let Jordyn have her moment. Made me so sad for her!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived