IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

They weren't comparing their own baby to King David's, though. They were identifying with the sentiment King David expressed when he lost his child. Saying that they think their own situation is exactly like David and Bathsheba's is like saying that a mother whose son died of cancer inexplicably believes that her son actually died on 9/11 because she quoted something that resonated with her about the death of a child from a mother whose son died on 9/11. Doesn't work like that.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I agree. Josiah I can see staying somewhat conservative Christian, but he seems so stifled in this life, and he clearly knows it. Joseph seems much more mellow/go-with-the-flow, and if that flow happens to be "marry cute, pliant fundie girl, have scads of cute, pliant fundie children, be handsome sturdy husband who builds handsome sturdy walls and never dreams that something might be comiiiiiiiing", so be it.

I see Josiah, much like Jinger, he'll find a fun out going woman, who will make a good Godly wife, but doesn't want eleventy kids and to sit around in maxi skirts with crunchy big hair dreaming of babies.

Bit of a drift here but relevant.

I was perusing YouTube the other day and BuzzFeed had a video called "I was in a cult".

One of the women had been a member of ATI.

I don't know how old this video is however, I wonder if any Duggar has ever seen it? 

17 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Bit of a drift here but relevant.

I was perusing YouTube the other day and BuzzFeed had a video called "I was in a cult".

One of the women had been a member of ATI.

I don't know how old this video is however, I wonder if any Duggar has ever seen it? 

It's a month old. 

Poor Jordyn, her 9th birthday was overshadowed by yet another pregnancy announcement. Although I'm sure the family already knew, and it's not like kids her age probably care about getting news headlines to themselves. 

And as per usual, it's the most generic possible birthday message you can give. 

Let me have a crack at it: Happy birthday, Jordyn. You have a wonderful smile and you look like you really enjoy playing with your cousins and siblings, who clearly adore you. You might not get as much spotlight as Josie or your big sisters, but you're a star in your own right and I hope you get a chance to shine on your terms, not as your parents' dancing monkey. Crush your ninth trip around the sun, kiddo. 

I'm confused. Jordyn helps her mommy cook a meal? Who is Jordyn's mommy now? I thought they'd all left home.

Michelle will never be mother of the year.

I do hope Jordyn had a lovely day and didn't feel left out. It's very hard at times having a birthday so close to Christmas, but even I'm shocked it was left that long to wish her a happy birthday, with the same old, same old type of message, cause I wouldn't even call it heartfelt whoever wrote it. My heart goes out to her. 

Compare that to Josie's birthday post. :my_confused:

46 minutes ago, Dogalog said:

Dunny Bunny?

What does Dunny mean in America? Because in Australia it means toilet...

That what I thought !!!!

10 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm confused. Jordyn helps her mommy cook a meal? Who is Jordyn's mommy now? I thought they'd all left home.

As disgusting as this is to think and say, I'm guessing Jana is the head Mom, and she is training and Johanna, Jenny, and Jordyn, with (perhaps) minimal input from Michelle, if that much. They need to take care of their brothers, and there's an ever growing crop of nieces and nephews to care for.

2 hours ago, Dogalog said:

Dunny Bunny?

What does Dunny mean in America? Because in Australia it means toilet...

Well that just make the nickname more comical. :pb_lol:

As far as I'm aware "Dunny" doesn't mean anything over here. Just a made up word to rhyme with bunny...

I think they got the "dun" sound from the end of Jordyn (because it's pronounced JOR-dun more than JOR-din). It probably morphed through Jordun to Jordunny to Jordunny-Bunny to Dunny-Bunny. At least, that's how nicknames have "evolved" in my family. ;) 

10 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I do hope Jordyn had a lovely day and didn't feel left out. It's very hard at times having a birthday so close to Christmas, but even I'm shocked it was left that long to wish her a happy birthday, with the same old, same old type of message, cause I wouldn't even call it heartfelt whoever wrote it. My heart goes out to her. 

I doubt Jordyn reads social media. She wouldn't know how late this message was posted. As long as they wished her an early happy birthday in person and celebrated her all day she's probably fine.

Did anyone notice that they actually posted a much shorter and even less personal message before they edited it to the current version? Here is the original:

IMG_9237.PNG.3b4df60f3fb74492d3c6bb11201878fe.PNG

20 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Poor Jordyn, her 9th birthday was overshadowed by yet another pregnancy announcement. Although I'm sure the family already knew, and it's not like kids her age probably care about getting news headlines to themselves. 

Yup I called it. Sweet; Lord; helping others; parenting her nephews; housework; 18th child because it is all about the numbers to them...

No mention  what she really is like.  What does she do for fun? Favorite food? Color? Talents?

When my kid was nine I'd say how much I love  her drawings, laugh, her agile way she scooted  up the monkey bars, sense of humor.

6 minutes ago, potato said:

I'm surprised Josie didn't get an even more speshul light-up crown to upstage Jordyn's birthday crown.

Yep! 

Also of course there is a "happy birthday Jesus" banner in the background...

I was just scrolling down through the photo quickly, and saw Happy Birthday J.... and assumed it said Jordyn since it is her birthday party. Haha, no poor Jordyn shares her birthday month with Jesus, talk about being overshadowed.

I also can't believe it is a year since that weird video where Michelle is wishing her a happy birthday and Jordyn looked like she being held hostage and looked so checked out. That video was really sad to watch.

She doesn’t look very happy in the photo either. It looks like she’s thinking ”One less birthday until I’m out of here.”

That’s my birthday wish to her. Strength to go her own way once she’s old enough to do it. 

1 hour ago, Mayluka said:

Did anyone notice that they actually posted a much shorter and even less personal message before they edited it to the current version? Here is the original:

IMG_9237.PNG.3b4df60f3fb74492d3c6bb11201878fe.PNG

Who writes that stuff? Yikes. 

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Yup I called it. Sweet; Lord; helping others; parenting her nephews; housework; 18th child because it is all about the numbers to them...

No mention  what she really is like.  What does she do for fun? Favorite food? Color? Talents?

When my kid was nine I'd say how much I love  her drawings, laugh, her agile way she scooted  up the monkey bars, sense of humor.

The only child that ever mattered in the Duggar household was the next child.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived