IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Josie gets a real birthday message that clearly shows love and affection.  Unlike the canned fill in a blank statements for the rest of the family.  I wish I wasn't surprised.  The lost girls definitely need to write a tell all when they get older.  Jordyn/Jenny I'm looking at you.  

No reference to serving the lord or a servant's heart because she hasn't taken the plunge (literally!) yet. Apparently.

She's still a sinful little creature who hasn't found Jeebus.

6 minutes ago, JMO said:

Wow, Josie gets a real birthday message that clearly shows love and affection.  Unlike the canned fill in a blank statements for the rest of the family.  I wish I wasn't surprised.  The lost girls definitely need to write a tell all when they get older.  Jordyn/Jenny I'm looking at you.  

Oh yeah, I think of any of the kids to "break Duggar" it will be either James, Justin, Jackson, Hannie, Jenni, or Jordyn. I think in the next 7/8 years we'll see some real shit hitting the fan as the howlers and lost girls come of age. These  feral, completely unattended children, who where 2nd and 3rd deep in the buddy team raised by a sister mom and another buddy. They've had little to no parental attention other than to be disciplined or sent away for misbehaving or having a buddy sent away for misbehaving.  Honestly Joy was the 1st raised by a sister mom and she has a moderate attachment to her parents and with the 10 kids born after her that attachment was less and less, until the miracle Jbaby came and the world was perfect again. I'd be willing to bet if questioned Jenni & Jordyn would say they would rather be with Jill/Joy or Jessa than DQ.

@allthegoodnamesrgone They could construct a whole reality series in 8-10 yrs around the Howlers and Lost Girls breaking free.  It could be the next iteration of their reality series life.  We could watch James attempt to get a job, Hannie try to go to college.  Jordyn try to date.  As long as they threw in therapy and vocational counseling/training I'd be totally on board.  

33 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Oh yeah, I think of any of the kids to "break Duggar" it will be either James, Justin, Jackson, Hannie, Jenni, or Jordyn.

My money's still on Josiah. Come on, Josiah, you know you hate this shit and you're smarter than this. You're a guy and it'll be a lot easier for you to get out than it would be for your sisters. Just bite the bullet and do it. You will not have the chance after you're trapped with a wife and 10 children.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

My money's still on Josiah. Come on, Josiah, you know you hate this shit and you're smarter than this. You're a guy and it'll be a lot easier for you to get out than it would be for your sisters. Just bite the bullet and do it. You will not have the chance after you're trapped with a wife and 10 children.

I still think some of the older kids are waiting for younger siblings to grow up before leaving.  And yeah Si seems like he is totally over the BS.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Why Josiah? He already put his toe into the courtship waters. Do you think the broken courtship might have something to do with your opinion?

My money's on Hannie.

16 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Why Josiah? He already put his toe into the courtship waters. Do you think the broken courtship might have something to do with your opinion?

My money's on Hannie.

It's pure speculation. I've just always gotten the sense that Josiah is somewhat more intelligent, curious and creative than some of his other siblings. He chose to court a girl who seemed outgoing, ambitious, confident, and a good deal less fundie than his sisters and Anna. I suppose the broken courtship might have soured his view of fundamentalism/made him question things, but I got that sense from him before Marjorie even came into the picture. I also find that his personality is very similar to Josh's. 

Let me just put it this way: I think Joseph will be happy as a clam living the fundie life with his fundie wife and their umpteen children. I have a much harder time envisioning Josiah doing the same. I don't feel sorry for Joseph because I think he's happy and content. I will feel very concerned for Josiah if he goes down that road, because he seems really ill-suited for it.

I will never forget Josiah's reaction to Michelle's Jubilee pregnancy announcement. Someone will have to dig up the video on that, but it was the reaction any sane person would have to a pregnancy after the difficulty with Josie. Josiah has not been on board for a while now.

2 minutes ago, JesusPony said:

I will never forget Josiah's reaction to Michelle's Jubilee pregnancy announcement. Someone will have to dig up the video on that, but it was the reaction any sane person would have to a pregnancy after the difficulty with Josie. Josiah has not been on board for a while now.

I think that episode got edited, so we can't see Josiah 's reaction as well. There was some speculation that Jim Bob had grabbed him roughly.

Josiah also spent an inordinate amount of time at Alert, which the speculation train felt was supposed to be a reprogramming.  He's definitely more attention seeking than most of his siblings (pre-scandal Josh aside).  I could see him trying to make the fundie life style work for a while before giving up and jumping ship hard.   Possibly after another disrupted courtship or even a divorce.  

We don't know that he ran off crying. He may have been upset, but it's really hard to tell because they're all still shots. I remember some people speculated that he was excited and running to call someone, and they were telling him not to. There were a few theories, but it's pretty much impossible to say what actually happened.

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

No reference to serving the lord or a servant's heart because she hasn't taken the plunge (literally!) yet. Apparently.

She's still a sinful little creature who hasn't found Jeebus.

That darn Israel got to her didn't he?

I'm kinda surprised people thought Josie's birthday message was better than most. I thought it sounded like another canned Duggar birthday post.

Today is the anniversary of Jubilee's death (is that the right thing to say? idk :/ ) 

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I haven't seen them commemorate Caleb's birth.

Because Caleb was a miscarriage.

Oh. Wait.

(I'll see myself to the prayer closet)

7 hours ago, JMO said:

No offense Jim Bob and Michelle (ha! Kidding!), but even a day late Cousin Amy did it better:

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

I'm kinda surprised people thought Josie's birthday message was better than most. I thought it sounded like another canned Duggar birthday post.

Today is the anniversary of Jubilee's death (is that the right thing to say? idk :/ ) 

Jubilee died in utero and it took a few days for Michelle’s body to allow nature to take its course. I don’t think they know what day she actually died, so remembering her today makes sense to me.

And I’m not sure how else to refer to their loss other than to say it was a loss or that she died. I think the timing of her loss complicated it a bit for a lot of people because she wasn’t at the point of being able to survive outside the womb, abortion laws, etc. Personally, I tend to defer to the parents in the situation - if they speak about their baby dying then that’s how I would approach it with that specific couple because it’s respectful. 

That said this is a tough subject for me sometimes, so I’m going to see my way out for now and let everyone continue with the conversation in peace.

For all of the speculation I see about alert being used for reprogramming and the like, honestly I don’t see it.  I think that idea took hold when we thought Josh was sent there as punishment back in the era of the specials.  We now know that he was not sent to alert.  Like journey to the heart for the girls (bearing in mind that I did to read the book the girls “wrote”) the assumption seems to keep being made it was because they were bad or something.  All indications that I’ve seen is that the girls really did want to do JTTH, that Jana returned in some sort of leader position, possibly more than once.  So my personal leaning about the boys that we know have gone there is that they wanted to and is a sign on how steeped in the cult they are.  

JTTH always seemed like s kind of vacation for the older girls to me. No taking care of babies, no endless chores, they enjoy reading the Bible and reflecting, plus they get s little peace and quite. But the boys seem to have it pretty good getting waited on by their sisters so I'm not sure why they'd want to leave.

9 hours ago, singsingsing said:

It's pure speculation. I've just always gotten the sense that Josiah is somewhat more intelligent, curious and creative than some of his other siblings. He chose to court a girl who seemed outgoing, ambitious, confident, and a good deal less fundie than his sisters and Anna. I suppose the broken courtship might have soured his view of fundamentalism/made him question things, but I got that sense from him before Marjorie even came into the picture. I also find that his personality is very similar to Josh's. 

Let me just put it this way: I think Joseph will be happy as a clam living the fundie life with his fundie wife and their umpteen children. I have a much harder time envisioning Josiah doing the same. I don't feel sorry for Joseph because I think he's happy and content. I will feel very concerned for Josiah if he goes down that road, because he seems really ill-suited for it.

I agree. Josiah I can see staying somewhat conservative Christian, but he seems so stifled in this life, and he clearly knows it. Joseph seems much more mellow/go-with-the-flow, and if that flow happens to be "marry cute, pliant fundie girl, have scads of cute, pliant fundie children, be handsome sturdy husband who builds handsome sturdy walls and never dreams that something might be comiiiiiiiing", so be it.

I'm surprised they compared Jubilee to David & Bathsheba's baby. The baby was conceived while Bathsheba was still married to Uriah, and David basically had Uriah killed so he could marry Bathsheba (after Uriah refused to leave his soldiers & have sex with his wife like David told him to, so he'd think the baby was his). God then killed the baby to punish David for his sin. 
Good times.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived