IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

Maybe the restaurant gives the birthday person a FREE meal or dessert for their birthday?   Therefore, you don't get to go someplace unless you get a freebie

@Gillyweed‘s quote. They do give it free for birthdays! When Jinger took Jeremy Jill commented she wished her birthday was every week so she could get one free and roundly got called out for the griffins mentality of never wanting to pay for anything.

10 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

This popped up on my FB newsfeed this morning....... for a moment I honestly thought it was JB.  

FB_IMG_1512640112051.jpg

They could be identical twins.

A bit OT, but I was channel surfing today and stopped on The Kardashians. I forgot what Kardashian said this but they called one of the grandkids 'lovey'. I wasn't aware that lovey is a pet name outside of the Duggars. I'm actually kind of surprised there aren't more shared Duggarisms and Kardashianisms. 

Thinking about the Duggars/ Kardashians.......I would looooove to see a  Celebrity Wife Swap with the two families. Kourtney / Jill would be interesting since they both have knobs as husbands. Kylie/ Joy would also be really entertaining since they have a lot in common. Both are around the same age,  will have babies around the same time (if Kylie's really pregnant),  their reality shows captured their formative years, and they both grew up pretty quickly via a marriage or a business. It would be interesting seeing the fashions collide and the reaction to the others' lives.  Honestly,Joy is probably way too judgmental to get anything from the experience, oh man it would make quality shit tv. 

1 hour ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

A bit OT, but I was channel surfing today and stopped on The Kardashians. I forgot what Kardashian said this but they called one of the grandkids 'lovey'. I wasn't aware that lovey is a pet name outside of the Duggars. I'm actually kind of surprised there aren't more shared Duggarisms and Kardashianisms. 

I believe the grandkids call Kris lovey not the other way around since she didn't like "grandma". Who calls who lovey in the Duggars? i have never noticed 

I think the only time I heard lovey on Counting On, was in one of those couples' trivia games. It's an alternative pet name to babe (or baaaaaabe).

9 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Honestly,Joy is probably way too judgmental to get anything from the experience, oh man it would make quality shit tv. 

Kylie probably is as well, just in a different way.  The Duggars and the Kartrashians both think they are better than you, one just has more money. Neither of them have any class, the only thing the K's have to offer the world are sex taps an STDs and the Duggar's judgment and hairy food.

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Kylie probably is as well, just in a different way.  The Duggars and the Kartrashians both think they are better than you, one just has more money. Neither of them have any class, the only thing the K's have to offer the world are sex taps an STDs and the Duggar's judgment and hairy food.

I can't believe that I'm in any way defending them but the K's do actually work.  Most of their work is centered around building/maintaining their brand but the 3 oldest girls do have clothing/purse/etc lines and have to work on them.  I personally can't stand Kim but she works hard for the money she makes, unlike Jill or Jessa.  The younger two are also doing their own thing as well.  They all have their own houses because of money they made, not because mommy bought them a house.  

11 minutes ago, JMO said:

I can't believe that I'm in any way defending them but the K's do actually work.  Most of their work is centered around building/maintaining their brand but the 3 oldest girls do have clothing/purse/etc lines and have to work on them.  I personally can't stand Kim but she works hard for the money she makes, unlike Jill or Jessa.  The younger two are also doing their own thing as well.  They all have their own houses because of money they made, not because mommy bought them a house.  

Same with the second  generation, married Bateses... all of them have solid income outside the show. 

42 minutes ago, JMO said:

True, but I can’t give the Kardashians a lot of credit considering they stole a lot of merchandising and style ideas from the black community. 

On 12/7/2017 at 5:04 PM, CharlieInCharge said:

I don’t know if this was posted elsewhere, I checked, but didn’t see it. Looks like the family at least thinks the show will continue. 

BA87BD01-1A4D-4DC8-8D8F-251A2E847D3A.jpeg

Interesting! Only on Sunday, Lilli and Ellie posted "We have been in contact with TLC, but at this time, there are no announcements to share [regarding a new season]. " Would they be filming stuff just in case the show gets a new season? I mean, if the chances were low, why spend money for the crew? :confused2:

On 12/7/2017 at 2:23 PM, cascarones said:

@Gillyweed‘s quote. They do give it free for birthdays! When Jinger took Jeremy Jill commented she wished her birthday was every week so she could get one free and roundly got called out for the griffins mentality of never wanting to pay for anything.

I make a big deal of getting birthday swag every year. Mainly because I'm silly. I go to Panera for my free pastry, Sephora for the little free gift there, then DSW to try on shoes and use the $5 off along with whatever bonus I've accrued. This year I signed up for a couple more, but I can't tell you now just what they were. Everywhere I go, I tell people it's my birthday, all cheerily, and there are some smiles and laughs, because I am a loveable goofball. On that day, at least.

I do this in Cincinnati, alas. When I lived in NJ, I just hopped up to New York for the day.

Anyway, not that you care, but I was saying all that to say all that chocolate mess looks sort of yucky to me. I like chocolate, but not to such an extreme degree. I would not want that as part of my birthday swag. Last birthday I bought my own cake; lemon with raspberry filling.

On 04/12/2017 at 8:11 AM, Toothfairy said:

Who wants to meet the Duggars in Australia? Why are they going there? People don't want to meet them here. And of course IBLP posted this 

I can only speak for myself, but NO... I don't want to meet them. Thankfully I'm in Sydney so there's no chance of it ( No offence Melbourne... I love you, but you can have the Duggars! )

On 12/9/2017 at 8:48 AM, justmy2cents said:

Wonder if they'll be back in time for Tori's wedding next weekend. Lately it seems that only a handful go.

The Duggar's aren't going to Australia until January.  I'm sure as more get married and have babies it will get harder and harder for the whole family to go to events.  As their circle expands so do their obligations, be it in-law events, work expectations, at least for the Forsyth's and Voulo's. Sick kids can keep you away from a wedding, as can pregnancy traveling while 9 months pregnant isn't always feesable. 

I missed the question mark in that Hollywood Gossip post and thought Counting On really was cancelled.

On 09/12/2017 at 3:44 PM, helenprev said:

I'm a UK northerner and I call my kids 'lovey' all the time! It's very common here.

I was jumping in to say this! My mum's family (from the South/my grandfather is Canadian but he's assimilated) definitely say 'lovey' over any other term of affection. I'm sure most people in England and Wales would find it normal.

But don't tell the Duggars, there's nothing that sets my teeth on edge more than when they do their maaavellous 'British' accents.

No surprise, this is the most personal post I've seen from Michelle and Jim Bob. Or any of the Duggars except for Jessa's essays. 

It must absolutely suck on special level to be Jordyn or Jennifer and see your sister be babied and spoiled when you get lost in the crowd and have lost 2 moms so far...

12 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The Duggar's aren't going to Australia until January.  

Of course. Why did I think they were there already. Brain freeze.

8 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Josie turned 8 today (10 December)

But what about the Lord??? Does she refuse to serve him???

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived