IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates - part 4

laPapessaGiovanna

45 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

It was season 1 episode 9 of BUB. The episode is called "Michaella and Brandon."

On the one hand, I can see how people could find Michael's reaction to be cringeworthy, and she admitted that she just didn't want any other girl touching him. (She said something along the lines of "If I can't touch him then she can't either!") On the other hand Brandon was clearly uncomfortable with Tori grabbing on him and pulling him to go slide with her. She was being obnoxious. I'm guessing he didn't feel it was proper for him to have that sort of contact with Tori (or any of Michael's other teenaged sisters) which is why he kept insisting that he wanted to hang out with the little kids instead.

I agree. It just goes to show how attention starved and contact deprived these girls are (referencing Tori's inappropriate behavior too) , the girls just did not know how to handle themselves around non-relatives!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this shoe talk. I hate to ask but does anyone know where Whitney got her adorable shoes in her latest insta story? Nude, ankle strap, block heel.... I can’t help it, I’m weak. Haha. Whitney is definitely my favorite fundie.

I’m still with some of you though, how are they affording it all? New house, babies, constant new cute clothes, nails, fresh highlights, date nights out? Is she really selling that many homes? I know police men don’t typically make much in small towns. It’s absolutely a puzzle to me. 

5 hours ago, Joyfully Available said:

All this shoe talk. I hate to ask but does anyone know where Whitney got her adorable shoes in her latest insta story? Nude, ankle strap, block heel.... I can’t help it, I’m weak. Haha. Whitney is definitely my favorite fundie.

I’m still with some of you though, how are they affording it all? New house, babies, constant new cute clothes, nails, fresh highlights, date nights out? Is she really selling that many homes? I know police men don’t typically make much in small towns. It’s absolutely a puzzle to me. 

I mean, I don't expect that they're rich but they both have jobs and some extra income from appearing on a reality TV show. They only have two kids right now and they live in an area with likely pretty cheap real estate. I don't see why people expect them to be so broke.

I’m totally speculating here. I live in a small southern town a state or two over from them... officers here make less than $40,000 a year. The average mortgage is around $800- $1,000, a couple car payments?, groceries, baby expenses, a mani & pedi in the sticks will run you $40, highlights $80 at least, gas in the tank of two cars, regular date nights could average anywhere from $30-60+, utilities, cable, water, family INSURANCE, auto insurance, homeowners insurance, savings account contributions, vacations  ....you get the drift. That’s not even counting her fun money for shopping & we all know Whitney isn’t thrifting for herself or the kids. I can find nearly all her recent outfits & accessories in stores right now.  That kind of salary will go real fast on a growing family of 4. She just started working & I doubt she sold a house the first day. 

My husband & I both work full time. One baby. I don’t know how they do it. Everyone budgets differently but even in a low cost of living area... one salary plus a little bump from UP wouldn’t go far. 

1 hour ago, Joyfully Available said:

I’m totally speculating here. I live in a small southern town a state or two over from them... officers here make less than $40,000 a year. The average mortgage is around $800- $1,000, a couple car payments?, groceries, baby expenses, a mani & pedi in the sticks will run you $40, highlights $80 at least, gas in the tank of two cars, regular date nights could average anywhere from $30-60+, utilities, cable, water, family INSURANCE, auto insurance, homeowners insurance, savings account contributions, vacations  ....you get the drift. That’s not even counting her fun money for shopping & we all know Whitney isn’t thrifting for herself or the kids. I can find nearly all her recent outfits & accessories in stores right now.  That kind of salary will go real fast on a growing family of 4. She just started working & I doubt she sold a house the first day. 

My husband & I both work full time. One baby. I don’t know how they do it. Everyone budgets differently but even in a low cost of living area... one salary plus a little bump from UP wouldn’t go far. 

I would think that a few of those things she could easily get done for little to no money. Hair by Josie, possibly, nails painted herself, don’t the Bates people buy their cars in full? So no car payments aside from insurance.  

My husband and I make around double the 40k number you gave, we have four kids, high rent, and bills and we still live very comfortably while paying our bills on time. And that’s with me working a part time job. We also live in a state with high car insurance rates. I guess it just depends on how you manage your funds. 

Let’s say he makes 40k, she could make what like 20k working part time? That’s already 60k before the UP tv money. Although I’m spitballing numbers here.

Whit and Zach live comfortably but it doesn’t seem to be super extravegent.

Just for shits & giggles... wouldn’t we all like to know what they really are working with. I’m just curious about what  UP pays, Zack’s income, the down payment on their house, the conversation before she started working, her fun money budget, are their vehicles 100% paid, do they even have health insurance. 

Fundies are so puzzling because they really push thrifting, no debt, “buy used save the difference”, etc. Yet some display lifestyles totally different. I guess the “rules for thee but not for me” mentality really irks me. Although to be fair... that message may have come more specifically from their church/parents & not them. 

6 minutes ago, Joyfully Available said:

Just for shits & giggles... wouldn’t we all like to know what they really are working with. I’m just curious about what  UP pays, Zack’s income, the down payment on their house, the conversation before she started working, her fun money budget, are their vehicles 100% paid, do they even have health insurance. 

Fundies are so puzzling because they really push thrifting, no debt, “buy used save the difference”, etc. Yet some display lifestyles totally different. I guess the “rules for thee but not for me” mentality really irks me. Although to be fair... that message may have come more specifically from their church/parents & not them. 

I’m with you there. If only the Bates weren’t so shady about the image they put out to the world. 

While I don't think UP pays them a ton of money, I'm sure to someone who is used to living very frugal/simply ANY amount of money helps. Just think, even if they're only getting $1,000 per episode....that's likely the mortgage on their house. Also I think some people are forgetting that at the beginning of their marriage they weren't living like they are now. At first they were still wearing their old frumpy clothing, driving old crappy cars (as evidence by every time you'd see them driving on the show), renting their house, and overall just not really being too over the top. 

Also, remember that they are near Crown where the kids all go to school. Crown has a cosmetology department and it's likely she is getting hair/nails done there for super cheap. My friends and I all used to go to a cosmetology "spa" when we were in college...because there was a tech school near us with a cosmetology program and it was crazy inexpensive. All the students working in the "spa" were upper level and just getting their final hours in for graduation.

On 11/21/2017 at 7:52 AM, Bazinga said:

My problem with sponsored posts is this. I followed this amazing blog about really enriched learning for kids. Each blog post was full of wonderful information on how to make engaging fun and learning in the home from pre-school on up. I got so many great ideas. Then over time, the blog started having "reviews", then the Instagram posts became 75% of the time showing a product of some sort. Now most of the blog posts are only reviews. I finally unfollowed the blog because I wasn't getting anything out of it. It is really sad to me when bloggers make it all about the $$$. It doesn't bother me monetizing a blog/social media in some capacity. I know it takes time and money to run a successful social media (something). However, it can be disheartening when you feel like your only being shilled a product once a certain social media presence gains a following. It no longer feels like you are learning anything beneficial (be that make-up tips, education, etc.) and it's all about them making a quick buck.

Now in Whitney's case, she posted one time. Time will tell how quickly each post become sponsored or not (though I am skeptical she is paying for any of those dressing at paisleyco---or whatever it's called). Whitney is not teaching anyone anything. She is simply a tv personality. However, most people follow tv personalities to get a glimpse into their every day lives. It would be frustrating if everything became sponsored. Anyways....my 2 cents on the whole thing.

Yeah, I follow a runner who over time has done more and more sponsored stuff. I looked the other day and every single Instagram post she has done over the past 40 days has been sponsored. Every one of them say "ad" or "sponsored"...even stuff with her kid. I know people need to make money, but it does get old to see post after post like that. Even the posts she makes that are "real life" revolve around some product she is reviewing. She recently got a free Carnival cruise. I'm not saying she doesn't hustle or work hard, but it's hard for me to differentiate between what products she truly believes in and what she gets paid to post about. :confusion-shrug:

I like how she wrote they are working together as a TEAM- in capital letters non the less. No extra mentioning how good Zach teaches her to do so and so and stuff alike.

I am sure they are still living traditional roles and believe that this is God‘s will or natural or whatever, but they give me a more „he is the head, she is the neck“ vibe. I heard this only in my grandparents generation where they lived and talked still very traditionally on the surface but women already pushed forward and had developed a different mindset to their roles and what they wanted for their daughters.

I am very curious how these two will develop over the years.

I actually think that most fundie women that I know are the ones who rule the roost. They are good at manipulation all while making it look like they are keeping sweet and being submissive. I think the only ones I can think of that are actually meek and submissive is Teri Maxwell and Jill Duggar. 

1 hour ago, crazysnark said:

I actually think that most fundie women that I know are the ones who rule the roost. They are good at manipulation all while making it look like they are keeping sweet and being submissive. I think the only ones I can think of that are actually meek and submissive is Teri Maxwell and Jill Duggar. 

Teri? I guess at some point she was but she went from victim to victimizer. I truly don't think she's meek or submissive at all.

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Teri? I guess at some point she was but she went from victim to victimizer. I truly don't think she's meek or submissive at all.

I don't know for sure I don't follow closely. She just seems to actually allow Steve to make any and all decisions and doesn't try to change them even if she wants to. However this is based on like 10 posts or moms corners. 

3 hours ago, crazysnark said:

I don't know for sure I don't follow closely. She just seems to actually allow Steve to make any and all decisions and doesn't try to change them even if she wants to. However this is based on like 10 posts or moms corners. 

I follow them closely and I think she did let Steve make all the decisions, however I doubt she's a victim anymore, if you read a lot of her corners and the blog posts she seems very selfish especially with her children, she's smug and judgemental towards everyone and a lot of other stuff. Also, FJers interactions with the Maxwells reflect her as a very confident in charge woman which is the complete opposite of what people who don't know much of the family may think of Teri.

That being said, none of us know the family personally so maybe what we think of them is not the reality but who knows.

I know I said this based on Thanksgiving pics but I am for sure calling a May/June baby for Whitney. They tried hiding her in the pics they posted but in one that made it through she looked 3-4 months pregnant. 

11 hours ago, crazysnark said:

I know I said this based on Thanksgiving pics but I am for sure calling a May/June baby for Whitney. They tried hiding her in the pics they posted but in one that made it through she looked 3-4 months pregnant. 

It is Schrødingers uterus for sure. I think she would love a big family, and I can see them having 5-6 in rapid succession - which of course is their prerogative, with or without the QF ideology. I don't think anyone would be surprised by a pregnancy announcement from those two :)

On 12/14/2017 at 10:43 AM, llg1234 said:

Apparently Love Your Melon is the fundie charity du jour. Jinger was wearing one of their hats recently and now Whitney is promoting them.

I may have 7 or 8 Love Your Melon hats myself. They are my favorite hats so I can't snark too much on the fundie love of that one. The company started 2 years after my friend's son started his battle with cancer and he was one of the first recipients of a hat. It meant so much to him, since it was the first time he was aware of losing his hair due to the chemo (he was 4 at the time).  

Dh's cousin went to St. Thomas with the founders, though he didn't know them well.  

Another picture to fuel baby bump speculation... (Whitney is on the far right next to Zach)

ACDCC8A9-9763-47DD-B2ED-96A2B6750F6E.jpeg.fffcf9e5b3eeaf7fd889307a6e43f413.jpeg

the Bates are having a FB live today 

i think they could make the announcement but maybe they’ll just talk about the wedding though

I thought the same but now Im thinking it may just be the cut of the dress and also I dont know that theyve ever made a big announcement via a fb live thing? Meh. Who knows. I wont be surprised either way.

Just based on that photo, she doesn’t look pregnant to me. But I wouldn’t be surprised if she is.

I figure if she's past 12 weeks she would've already announced. Isn't having three Bates pregnant at the same time a big deal?

I actually think that most fundie women that I know are the ones who rule the roost

This is very true. Many southern families are highly matriarchal.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived