IGNORED

Maxwell 13: And Another One Bites the Dust - John is Engaged

Coconut Flan

36 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I believe they're both 26.

They are very close in age. They both turn 27 in January.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stevie is pissed, he is so transparent. I'M SO HAPPY, lol!

I hope Chelsy stays true to who she is and John supports her, that'll be enough to piss of Stevus.

I agree John is looking thinner. Maybe he's just super busy and forgetting to eat his 2 animal crackers. I prefer a fuller John. He looks more like Steve now :-/

Then only thing Steve risks is permanently alienating his son.    These two are madly in love.  It is obvious from every non-Maxwell word and picture.  I would imagine that John has been at Chelsy's families holiday's every time he is missing from the Maxwell dining room table pictures.    John loves Chelsy and he loves her family.  He does not need Steve and his lunacy anymore.    He can make it on his own and knows it.

The reason we see the alphabet soup kids and Anna's kids is they need childcare help.  There is no way the SILs can keep the house clean, the kids sparkling, a smiling continence, and home-school without the Maxwell Au Pairs.  

The family dynamic is warped at best.  I think Joseph's wife is well aware, and that is why we see so little of them interacting with the family.    If John & Chelsy do permanently stay in Kansas I hope Elyssa can bond with Chelsy, and support each other.

As for the Maxwell girls:  They will never marry.  There are to many cute, fun, & happy fundie girls out there to jump through the hoops Steve would put before them.  They are all spinsters.  Their future will be as unpaid Au Pairs, unpaid house keepers, and unpaid home healthcare workers.  The 3 would have been better off who they were raised Catholic and joined a group of cloistered nuns.  At least as nuns they would be doing something meaningful with their lives and making life better for unwed mothers or children from impoverished families.  

10 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

The reason we see the alphabet soup kids and Anna's kids is they need childcare help.  There is no way the SILs can keep the house clean, the kids sparkling, a smiling continence, and home-school without the Maxwell Au Pairs. 

Better a smiling continence than a smiling incontinence!

Rebecca K. says:

October 18, 2017 at 9:31 pm

I still couldn’t believe it when Chelsy told me! She and I have been good friends for 8 years. I’ve enjoyed their family’s music. Still can’t believe it! Congratulations, John and Chelsy. Praying for you guys.

Love, Rebecca

I wonder if she will get a wedding inviite? Or does Stevie see her a a stalker, especially as Jess is still on the menu!!1!

I'll probably be banned for life from commenting now but just wanted to share....  This was what they posted of my comment on the Maxwell Engagement Blog entry: "Congratulations John and Chelsy!! I have followed your blogs for several years. She seems like such a hard-working, cheerful and kind woman. I wish them the best! Can’t wait to see the wedding pictures and see what the Lord has in store for them."

What I actually submitted as my comment was: "Congratulations John and Chelsy!! I have followed both of your family's blogs as well as Chelsy's personal blog for several years. She seems like such a fun-loving, hard-working, cheerful and kind woman. I wish them the best! Can’t wait to see the wedding pictures and see what the Lord has in store for them."

Interesting to see what was edited out.  Can't dare say that she is fun-loving and has a blog of her own!!  Crazy.  I purposely tried to write it like leg-humper would and I still got edited.  Makes me wonder what else they all edit down.

Re: Allison's post about going to visit John with Chelsy.

I'm glad the sisters are both wearing a ton of makeup and Chelsy a knee-length skirt. It gives me hope that John isn't trying to change her.

I'm also glad they hung out in the "new" house for most of the day to spend time away from Steve, Griselda, and the 3 spinsters. Anyone would rather hang drywall than sit in the Maxhell House of Horrors. 

@fundiefollower That's fascinating about your comment being edited! Mine didn't make the cut. I said something about loving the Bontrager blog and John being lucky to marry into such a great family. They didn't like that. I should have said Titus2 is the best and Chelsy is lucky to be marrying into Maxhell.

9 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I said something about loving the Bontrager blog and John being lucky to marry into such a great family. They didn't like that. I should have said Titus2 is the best and Chelsy is lucky to be marrying into Maxhell.

What? Why wouldn't complimenting the Bontrager family be allowed? How twisted are these Maxholes? 

5 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

What? Why wouldn't complimenting the Bontrager family be allowed? How twisted are these Maxholes? 

"Maxhole" !! XD

Only the Great Stevehova should be thanked or complimented. All praise Lord Steve. He is The Father, only second to Rufus. May Steve, *His* terrific wife Terri, *His* female seeds who follow His heed and help out in the home, and *His* Sons who shine like sunbeams and continue to spread the Maxwell name across the land - extending all the way across the street from *His* Homestead.

They edited out that she's fun-loving? They looked at that list of qualities and deliberately deleted fun-loving? Whichever Maxwell was approving comments read that list of compliments to the woman their son/brother loves and said, "Nope! We have to keep it a secret from blog readers that she's fun!"

WHY? WHY, MAXWELLS, WHY. 

I fear for the future of MaxHell. Either something will explode and the whole family will suffer the consequences, or Jesse will marry in two/three years and the girls will be left at home forever and ever. 

2 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I fear for the future of MaxHell. Either something will explode and the whole family will suffer the consequences, or Jesse will marry in two/three years and the girls will be left at home forever and ever. 

I guess it does seem like some sort of weird turning point for Maxhell. I doubt we would see an implosion first hand. It would just be some passive aggressive statement about shutting down titus2 and then reading between the lines of Chelsy's blog. 

I'm surprised their blog is still public, actually. They must think all this is "being persecuted for righteousness sake" taking so much criticism. And "closing comments".

Oh yeah, I can tell you about a time he "edited" my comment. It was in response to packing OCC boxes, and I mentioned the companies that make reuseable menstrual products and fund companies in 3rd world countries to do so, so girls won't miss a week of school every month. He included the praise of the daughters doing this and thinking of others and God loves them, but edited THAT part out. He actually emailed me saying "I didn't know what to do with that comment because many children read our blog". There are no "children" living in that home. Does he just mean his grandchildren or their "clients'" children? And they read the comments too? HELLO! Aren't they supposed to be too sheltered for that? Poor Steve.

(singing) Poor unfortunate Steve.......in pain, in need, for he lost all of control thanks to his rebel son, is he happy? No he's not.......

Does Steve think children don't walk down the pad and tampon aisle at the grocery store? If they are old enough to read the word menstrual, they are old enough to know about monthly cycles. 

Re: being edited by the Great God Stevehovah - I commented on a Sarah's birthday post a few years ago, wishing her "a year of freedom and happiness." The words "freedom and" were removed. 

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does Steve think children don't walk down the pad and tampon aisle at the grocery store? If they are old enough to read the word menstrual, they are old enough to know about monthly cycles. 

Taboooooooooo............Yeah; makes me wonder if the daughters learned about it the old-fashioned way, by wondering if they're dying, and before Teri takes them aside to show them how to handle it and buy them pads, he's gotta milk it for all it's worth. We know how Steve loves talking about death.

Steve once edited a comment I left to the point that it changed the message of what I wrote. I think it was on one of his posts about veterans. I can't help but wonder how many comments are heavily edited. 

So Steve thinks children should hold up signs in the street with dead fetuses on them but they're too young to learn the biology of menstruation? Fuck you, Steve. 

47 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

He included the praise of the daughters doing this and thinking of others and God loves them, but edited THAT part out. He actually emailed me saying "I didn't know what to do with that comment because many children read our blog".

Considering that monthly cycles are how all these fundie blessings get here, I don't know why periods would be a secret. I guess they just want to buy candy and stuffed animals for the Christmas shoe boxes rather than really helping someone. 

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Steve once edited a comment I left to the point that it changed the message of what I wrote. I think it was on one of his posts about veterans. I can't help but wonder how many comments are heavily edited. 

My guess is that most are edited in some way. He's such a control freak that he just can't help himself. That blog has to be perfect in his eyes. Including the comments. What's the point of even having a comment section. He may as well just turn it off. I guarantee he's annoyed a few of their loyal readers with the censorship. 

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just got back from the supermarket, and there was a tampon box spill on aisle 12. I suppose Steve would have had to go to the fainting couch after seeing such defrauding instruments strewn across a public place. The male clerks who had to clean it up were just happy that nothing wet and/sticky had fallen.

I’ve long thought that Steve Maxwell is wasted on Protestantism. His anti-fun stance and his frequent bouts of fasting and repenting suggests to me than he’d be more content being a member of some kind of monastic order like the Cistercians or the Capuchins, where he could fast and pray in solitude to his heart’s content, without having to deal with family matters. But since Steve is a Protestant fundamentalist, the monastic option is closed to him, and so he has to make his home a giant monastery, roping his wife, kids, and grandchildren into this lifestyle as collateral.

My comment got through in its entirety, I think I've figured out how to (other than saying something about sweet blessed prayers or something).

And forget about what Steve is thinking/doing - I hope Sarah is OK.

I too think Jesse will marry next. At some point, if she doesn't know it already, she'll realize that marriage is unlikely to ever happen for her. And won't be long before Anna is in that territory too. 

I'm not sure how long the whole facade can hold if marriage appears to be only possible for the boys, and the girls start to realise their future is only ever as home help. Not saying they'll all start burning their bras, but more that they'll start doubting, deep down, whether Stevehovah is perfect after all. He raised them to be wives and mothers then failed to deliver on the last important detail. This wasn't what they were told would happen, nor what their whole childhood in the dog and pony show was leading to. They did what they were told but have been prevented from ever achieving adult status.

I actually think that something will crack eventually if that happens, though I'm not sure how.

7 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I actually think that something will crack eventually if that happens, though I'm not sure how.

It's so hard to say. I imagine Sarah as the oldest daughter will dutifully stay in her role and not blame her paremts for her lack of husband. That's what's so crazy about these fundies. They can twist EVERYTHING into "god's plan." So even after Jesse marries and starts a family, Sarah probably won't question it. I suppose it's possible Mary or Anna might eventually question it. But if Sarah hasn't by now, I doubt she will.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived