IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 2: WTF is Happening, In More Ways than One

FundieFarmer

What a mess going on here.  Snark borderline abuse/bullying.

Looks like Salty1 is a friend on their FB page to continue to see their posts. Scary for them.  Hate speech is not allowed on this site. If one of them saw it or were told of it it would cause issues for this site.

On 11/20/2017 at 7:07 PM, Salty1 said:

For those of you can't see it.

2017-11-20_19.04.31.jpg

FB_IMG_1511222622580.jpg

@Salty1 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, 95theses said:

Looks like Salty1 is a friend on their FB page to continue to see their posts. Scary for them.  Hate speech is not allowed on this site. If one of them saw it or were told of it it would cause issues for this site.

@Salty1 

Can you quote the "hate speech" you allege? Cos I haven't seen any.

My understanding is that nothing can be shared on fj (definitely no screen captures) from a private fb account. 

1 hour ago, 95theses said:

@Salty1 

To quote the wise man, "She doesn't even go here."

As far as I know it was public before he made it private, so it's fine having it posted here.

3 hours ago, 95theses said:

@Salty1 

Oh GOOD GRIEF. My guess is that "95theses" is either Lisa (under a different account name) OR it's Spanky.

None of this is "hate" speech, nor is any of this a "mess"....unless of course my statement above is true. In which case, yes....you two are a "mess". A "hot mess".

7 hours ago, 95theses said:

@Salty1 

Clearly you don't know what abuse is. :P 

“Oh no people are publicly commenting on something I posted publicly before realizing anyone would read it. Waaaaaah you meanies are bullying me!”

Suck it up, buttercup, and keep your FB posts private.

5 hours ago, LydiaAnn said:

Oh GOOD GRIEF. My guess is that "95theses" is either Lisa (under a different account name) OR it's Spanky.

You don't understand....... he was only trying to help his aged parents use the interwebs and he accidentally clicked on an ad for FJ and accidentally created an account and accidentally posted.....!

Member since 10/9, too.

So easy to just fall into FJ and the next thing you know you’re a contributing member.

We’re kinda like Ashley Madison that way.

On 11/20/2017 at 2:21 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Um, excuse me, but Lisa is the VOICE OF JESUS, so have a little respect. 

Wait...Lori Alexander is the voice of the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE.  Does that mean Lori is her dad or how exactly does this work?

Spanky perhaps you need to worry about being defrocked more than once, driving drunk with the kiddies in the car and being a crapatastic son to a dad who actually did things.  And your public FB post going private?  Cupcake, the internet is forever!

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if ole Darby has stopped her busy schedule of harrassing women at the local woman's health center to have an intervention in her dad's hot mess of a life. 

He was 78.  I thought Senior was older than that.  How old is Precious?

RIP, Senior.  

Does anyone know if there is a succession plan in place at Ligonier or perhaps as Senior was failing, that has already been addressed. 

JTits?

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Does anyone know if there is a succession plan in place at Ligonier or perhaps as Senior was failing, that has already been addressed

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Does anyone know if there is a succession plan in place at Ligonier or perhaps as Senior was failing, that has already been addressed. 

According to the obituary, a group of men called "teaching fellows" will have some kind of leadership role, at least for religion:

As part of its succession plan, the board of Ligonier Ministries announced the Ligonier Teaching Fellows, who now include Drs. Sinclair B. Ferguson, W. Robert Godfrey, Steven J. Lawson, R. Albert Mohler Jr., Stephen J. Nichols, Burk Parsons, and Derek W.H. Thomas. Chris Larson serves as president and CEO of Ligonier Ministries.

Besides Larson, Godfrey & Lawson are on Ligonier's BOD, according to the latest available IRS 990 (2015). Larson was making a bit more than RC Sr, at $241K + benefits. 

ETA: Ligonier has posted a financial statement for 2016 but no IRS 990 so we don't know if there's been a change in the BOD, such as removing Spanky as a paid director.

Thanks, @hoipolloi.  Interesting.  It looks as though they already had a plan and Senior hadn't been doing much management recently.  He's seemed unwell for a long time. 

I'm sorry but the "teaching fellows" list sounds like the seven dwarfs.   Doc, Dopey, Bashful, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy.  Perhaps Sneezy replaced Spanky when he got fired.

52 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

JTits?

Remind me:  Didn't young Joshua graduate and move to PA to work for a Christian publishing company?

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Remind me:  Didn't young Joshua graduate and move to PA to work for a Christian publishing company?

He is working for Veritas Press, based in Lancaster, PA. Presumably, that's where he & Delaney are living.

In related news, it looks like RC Sr officiated at their wedding AND R. Campbell Sproul, Delaney's brother (NOT Spanky), accompanied her down the aisle: 

4 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

In related news, it looks like RC Sr officiated at their wedding AND R. Campbell Sproul, Delaney's brother (NOT Spanky), accompanied her down the aisle: 

And we couldn't see hide nor hair of Spanky in any of the wedding photos ...

So either he wasn't invited or he didn't go.

21 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

How will Precious fare now that daddy can't help him anymore?

Depends on who was his biggest enabler: Senior or Vesta?  

Speaking of Vesta, will she have any influence at Ligonier now that Senior has passed? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived