IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain the hyper focus on “from scratch”? I mean, for dinner tonight, we have potatoes, carrots, and a roast with some garlic and other seasonings. Is that not from scratch? I mean, it took all of 5 minutes to throw in the crockpot so maybe it’s not from scratch because I didn’t labor over it for hours. 

@Curious that statement is right. A lady I used to work with referred to it as wearing your behind up on your shoulders. I don’t get it but love to say it! It was something her grandmother used to say. 

3 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Can someone explain the hyper focus on “from scratch”? I mean, for dinner tonight, we have potatoes, carrots, and a roast with some garlic and other seasonings. Is that not from scratch? I mean, it took all of 5 minutes to throw in the crockpot so maybe it’s not from scratch because I didn’t labor over it for hours. 

I just popped a pork shoulder into my crockpot. I added one ingredient. One. Root beer. It's goiong to simmer untended all day, at which point I'll drain it, pull the pork, and add a bottle of my favourite bbq sauce and let it all simmer for another hour or two. Walla! Pulled pork bbq, dinner tonight plus enough to freeze in at least half a dozen containers for future meals. That's from scratch, but it took even less time to get started than your roast did.  But I wonder too--does Lori consider that to be 'from scratch?' :my_dodgy:

@Loveday I love to put pork shoulder in the crock pot in the middle of the night on a Friday.  It's ready by lunch on Saturday, and then our day is free (no cooking!). 

We usually serve it once as sandwiches w/ oven fries, and then again at night over brown rice w/ a veggie.  So easy.  It's pretty good in a flour tortilla with bbq sauce, ranch, and sprinkle cheese.  

I put classic soda in mine, and you said you use root beer.  I think that definitely makes our pork shoulders the ungodly variety.  Maybe we should pray over them?

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

@Loveday I love to put pork shoulder in the crock pot in the middle of the night on a Friday.  It's ready by lunch on Saturday, and then our day is free (no cooking!). 

We usually serve it once as sandwiches w/ oven fries, and then again at night over brown rice w/ a veggie.  So easy.  It's pretty good in a flour tortilla with bbq sauce, ranch, and sprinkle cheese.  

I put classic soda in mine, and you said you use root beer.  I think that definitely makes our pork shoulders the ungodly variety.  Maybe we should pray over them?

I think we're both okay as long as we don't use Pepsi. :pb_lol:

I need to try your overnight method. Although the delicious smell of roasting pork would probably wake me up drooling at four in the morning! Worth it, though. I'm wishing I'd done it last night, so I wouldn't have to wait so long today to eat it! 

I love my crockpot. :wub:

45 minutes ago, Curious said:

isn't the saying "pride goeth before the fall?"  some of these women are going to be in for a rude awakening when life throws them a curve ball.

I really don't understand the "god will provide" if you sit around waiting for him to rain money from the sky or whatever they think is going to happen.

That mindset always reminds me of the flood story where 3 different types of rescuers are sent and all refused.  When the person dies and is at the pearly gates they say "Why didn't you save me" and God says 'I sent you 3 types of rescue what more did you want."  (paraphrasing all that, obviously).

I also think Lori and or her fangirls are going to be in for rude awakenings at some point. They are convinced that nothing bad will happened to their families and some of them believe that they could rely on others to support them if something does happen. I remember on Lori's Always Not Learning blog, a fangirl said if anything happened to her husband that her family would support her and the kids so she could stay at home. Now, maybe there is a chance that the woman has very wealthy relatives who could easily support her. But, I think it's likely that she doesn't and is delusional about what her family/relatives can do. On the TW blog and Lori's FB, there are still some fangirls who have stated similar things about turning to family for support if they became widowed.

The fangirls rarely ever consider of the chances of catastrophic medical problems or accidents that could happen to someone in their families. I'm friends with a couple who youngest child has cerebral palsy. Both of them had been working before that child's birth and the wife continued working  afterwards because they had two other kids to support and their youngest child had expenses that weren't always covered by insurance. I have a college friend whose father died of ALS. It was an expensive illness and his mother was always a working woman and he said that he believed that is mother's salary was one of the key factors in why they didn't have money problems during that time.  Some of  Lori's fangirls have claimed to be living off 9k, 20k, 24k, and 30k. If they already have a large family and something like ALS or cerebral palsy happens they might be SOL. Then they might see that sometimes you can't always expect relatives or a church to help you out in a massive way. Lori's fangirls seem to forget that their relatives also have their own expenses and might not even be able to help if they wanted to.

Latest reply on Lori's red scribble of Oct 5: 

You're not a good teacher or leader if you don't allow people questioning your teaching or beliefs. It's how everyone grows and learns. 
What you have here is called an echo chamber.

I love catching these little bons mots before she zaps them. :pb_lol:

And here goes Lori again, talking about medication when she has zero idea what the true causes of mental illness and other diseases are. UGH. I have had ADHD and anxiety since I was very young. No amount of God’s Word would have “cured” me or prevented me from needing medication. It improves my quality of life. It’s not because my parents are divorced or because my mom worked. It’s because of a combination of genetics and environmental factors that produced wacky levels of norepinephrine, dopamine, serotonin, etc. in my brain. But go ahead Lori, keep being misinformed...

Existential musings here:

I've been thinking about the John Lennon song "God." Remember "God is a concept by which we measure our pain"? As a pretty much lifelong agnostic, that resonates with me. When pain, or fear, is overwhelming, I want to turn to a supreme comforter, or at least a supreme explainer. I don't usually feel judgmental about other people's solutions to that need and I'm still working it out for myself at my advanced age.

But through life and FJ, I'm more and more aware of people for whom God is a concept by which we measure our place at the top of the pecking order. Lori and Co. are prime examples, and there are lots of others. What I wonder is, do they really think they are that superior, or is this compensation for the terror of a life without absolutes?

God will provide while I sit at home. My husband will never leave me. My children will never challenge me if I do it right. Can anyone actually look around the world and conclude that that's how things work out?

Lindy:

Mads, God's Word will not call a man home because It would contradict itself. God says that a man that doesn't provide for his own family is worse than an infidel and a woman who is not a keeper at home blaspheme His Word.

Where, where, where? Where does it says that in the bible. It says women are to be the keeper of the home but where does it say if you don't do this you blaspheme his Word. 

This sounds like a cheap infomercial:

i were working and trying to frantically run around doing cooking shopping washing after work I never stopped .i were always moody with husband and child. Then I started following here and also reading created to be his helpmeet and I started to see a change in my thinking.my husband never said to stop working and I prayed and at end of the week husband said he wanted me to never work again. I got what i prayed for. Now I stay home and de clutter this neglected home and cook healthy meals and buy all fresh food and Vegas from market and do a weekly meal plan and don't waste any food and don't eat out. I have been at home for a month and the bank balance is exactly the same so far. Marriage is now amazing and my moodiness has gone and my faith in God and my husband us more than ever. I feel so peaceful.

I just found Lori and now everything is so much better! Its just that simple folks. 

Because God Lori is the answer to every problem.   She is a wise older woman godly mentor who knows everything. Note that she is the only godly mentor around. All those other women bloggers are Not. Godly.

If we'd only do exactly as she says (not as she does), our lives would be perfect. 

All Hail Queen Godly Mentor Lori!

I can decifer Lori's message today. A neighbor has a teen son who is overweight. Everytime she sees him, Lori is triggered. She thinks, "I would be so ashamed of a son like that."

Lori see the neighbor and asks how things are going. The neighbor says something like, "Oh, you know, pretty good. Jimmy is up to the usual teenage stuff, I'll be glad when he's past this stage!"

Lori hears, "Lori, you were right. I was wrong. My son is a failure because he is fat. It's as bad as being a meth addict or a drunk. I am so ashamed of him. If only I had hit him more like you did"

45 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lindy:

Where, where, where? Where does it says that in the bible. It says women are to be the keeper of the home but where does it say if you don't do this you blaspheme his Word. 

I just found Lori and now everything is so much better! Its just that simple folks. 

Color me skeptical.  I find it sort of hard to believe her husband just out of the blue, with no prior discussion or mentioning it, said he wanted her to never work again.

Someone sent to me this morning a new site that has collected screenshots from her chatroom. Its a treasure trove... I won't post the link here...but if anyone wants it, message me. 

There is a whole bunch of chatter about spanking..she brags on how she spanked her 4 kids and tells a woman "learn from those who did it right". Ties in perfectly with what her post today and what @Koalawas saying.

*sigh* :my_angel: Now why on Earth would bad things happen to good Godly people? Everyone know bad things like major illness or unexpected poverty only happen to unbelievers & the families of unsubmissive women.

*GAH* its like ya'll don't even READ the blog..... SMDH some peoples children....  :potstir:

Ducking back into my hidey hole now, stahhpp throwing things! :my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lindy:

Either she's removing a lot of what actually happened or that lady is a big poe. If it's a poe, then it's funny. If it's not, she's a lying nutcase. 

1) As my sister the social worker often says, "You may be one car accident away from having to collect welfare."

2) Apparently Lori is unaware of the legions of men who are lazy and/or lousy money managers. No amount of wifely "submission" is going to turn them around.

@older than allosaurs they truly think they are superior. I’ve seen it firsthand via my in-laws. But the root of that feeling comes from a fear of being inferior. People who are secure don’t need to feel superior, because... well, why would we?

Those pork recipes sound yummy! 

I know that my parents would help us if something catastrophic happened- and we could even move in for a bit if needed. But that would have to be a last resort. Otherwise, I would feel like a jerk. My parents deserve the life they have created- they worked hard. 

I’m curious about the work the fundie husbands do. I said before that in 2013, 3 out of 4 of us had health issues (one was planned surgery)- if it wasn’t for my health insurance we would have been in big trouble. The hubs is a part-time paramedic (we live near a resort town so most of his shifts are summer). He also is building a business. Early this winter, a customer decided he didn’t like the bill he received for work completed and refused to pay roughly $4000 of the final amount. So the hubs made no money on that job- thankfully, I work and was able to keep us afloat. 

7 hours ago, Koala said:

It's worth noting that the neighbor used the exact same words as family and friends back in 2014:

"You did it right".

What a coincidence!

I think that really says that she makes these stories up, unless that is just her way of paraphrasing. Few people ever admit they are wrong, especially to neighbors or strangers you don't know very well.

on fb:

No, god will provide for me. If I pray super hard, I know he will provide for me.

Aw, so "super hard" is the trick for making all your prayers come true! I never knew. Anybody have a family  member die of cancer, your problem is you just didn't pray "super hard".

IF this conversation with the neighbor happened, I hope she confronts Lori about shaming her on her blog. 

Rmember in one of Lori's "YouTubes" when she said she and a neighbor colored each others' hair? Maybe it was that neighbor and she could just accidentally put Nair in the color bottle or something.  Or turn Lori's hair blue like in Bride Wars. 

I cannot comprehend how any semi functioning adult thinks it's okay to share such details like Lori does. Her little blog post would have carried the same message and had the same impact without embarrassing a neighbor. 

Lori and Ken need to understand that not everyone thinks they did such a fantastic job raising their four kids. Perhaps the neighbors get together and talk about how smug her son is or how immodestly her daughters dress. Perhaps they talk about how often Lori has her grandkids so maybe her kids don't enjoy their own children. Or how the Alexander kids were raised to believe they were better than everyone. Or how they remember certain things those kids said or did in high school. Maybe the neighbors still talk about how they let their eighteen year old daughter leave home to "dance for Jesus."  Who knows? I am certain, though, that their whole neighborhood is not holding Ken and Lori Alexander up as shining examples of humanity, let alone parenthood. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What is it with always referring to kids as offspring? Godly offspring! It sounds so clinical yet pretentious. 

Of course it's pretentious, it's Lori. 

From today's pile of steaming bullshit post filled with oh-so-godly wisdom...has anyone gotten the impression that Lori has ever enjoyed her children? Makes one wonder what she did wrong, since according to her own words she must have screwed up somewhere. 

5146976.jpg

Reader:

What about when the children all are in school? Is that a time when women should work outside the home?

Lori-Wannabe Lindy:

You must be new here 
Lori teaches mothers to be Keepers at Home as in the Titus 2 mandate, so there is no need to have another train up your child.

Could she possibly be any more snotty and smug? Lindy also said that "daycare is a daytime orphanage." :pb_confused:

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived