IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Today is my sister's first anniversary and her husband's post was a good fundie example of marriage in my circle. 

All he said was "Want to wish my wonderful wife a happy anniversary! Our first year of marriage has been great! Her name has taken wonderful care of me. I love her more and more each day!"

Bolding mine. Maybe I'm still too sensitive to all that stuff, but really? The best thing he could say about her was she takes care of him?! 

Well, it makes him sound like a three year old.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading some of the tips Laine wrote.... Yeah those things will save money but idk how much really. Some of the tips make sense but when you live in a place that only has Walmart then it's going to be harder. And whenever people mention cooking really healthy I wonder how much those ingredients cost. Coconut and almond flour etc always seem to cost way more for less. Am I thinking of the wrong type of health food involved in baking a cake? 

18 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Reading some of the tips Laine wrote.... Yeah those things will save money but idk how much really. Some of the tips make sense but when you live in a place that only has Walmart then it's going to be harder. And whenever people mention cooking really healthy I wonder how much those ingredients cost. Coconut and almond flour etc always seem to cost way more for less. Am I thinking of the wrong type of health food involved in baking a cake? 

They do. But for us who *have* to have it, we make it work. I rarely bake cake. *cries* 

Just popping in to say a big heartfelt "Fuck You" to Lori, for the 50th time.

What is her deal?  If God made all of us women to have babies and gave our bodies the ability to feed the babies, how is any of that not modest?  It is literally what the breast is for.  The fact they are fun is secondary.  A nice perk, if you will.

I breastfed my 8 week old at Disney once.  I loosely covered, the baby's head does most of the covering anyway, but I personally wanted a bit more covered without smothering the baby.  The cutest looks I got while nursing and people watching was from the dad's!  A sweet smile like they had fond memories of their wives BF their children.  That's what real men do Lori.  They don't get grossed out or get a boner.  

I think the title of the next thread should be “Lori Alexander 32: Transforming Breastfeeding into Sexuality”.... any takers?

Transforming Breastfeeding into Boners!  Lol.   Lori is such a creep.

I'm really wondering how much Lori makes from her writing. Many of the women who read her probably don't realize how much time writing, editing, and formatting can take. This online career probably takes up quite a bit of time. The same goes for those who tend to sell things from home. All those lipsense, plexus, etc people do have to take time to promote, sell, and plan parties and other marketing in order to sell their items, at least if they want actual monetary gain. At least this is what I've observed. So really just because you're doing something from home does not mean that you are actually being the 24/7 mom Lori wants you to be. Its still working on a career which is a big no no for women apparently. 

37 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I'm really wondering how much Lori makes from her writing. Many of the women who read her probably don't realize how much time writing, editing, and formatting can take. This online career probably takes up quite a bit of time. The same goes for those who tend to sell things from home. All those lipsense, plexus, etc people do have to take time to promote, sell, and plan parties and other marketing in order to sell their items, at least if they want actual monetary gain. At least this is what I've observed. So really just because you're doing something from home does not mean that you are actually being the 24/7 mom Lori wants you to be. Its still working on a career which is a big no no for women apparently. 

I know. I've thought that, too. Working from home can take up a huge amount of time, time you are not available for your child. Is it really "mothering" if you are waving your hand and telling your child to "shush!"

If I may speak for her (yuk), I think she believes that even in those scenarios, the child is at least at home, not at risk for victimization, and under the mother's eye. If the child had a real problem (say, a bloody head or a broken bone) the mother can stop what she is doing and be there for the child. Similarly, most home businesses give the mom some flexibility to drive her kid to soccer at 4 or to attend a first-grader's Christmas party. She feels those things are important, and frankly, so do I.

Or should I say, I think they are important and Lori thinks they are of the Most Supreme Importance. I can certainly see that a roof over one's head, or freedom from debt collectors, is far more important to everyone in the family than attending that Xmas party. I can also see the risk of victimization at a well-chosen childcare facility where you know and trust the providers is a small risk, and one that can be worth taking, as opposed to the risk of losing one's home or not having enough to eat.

So Lori is basically arguing that the Luxury Mode of parenting--where mom is home to kiss every boo boo--is actually the Essential Mode or even the God-Ordered one. Even SAHM with kids at home get lots of criticism these days.  Imagine the criticism Lori gets, as she tries to prove her days have meaning and worth, even though she doesn't care for any kids or help in the community.  If God ordered it to be so, it makes it a lot easier. So Lori decided that God ordered it to be so.

44 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

She says she makes no money at all from her blog. She's also admitted to paying for advertising her FB page (or whatever it is you would pay for on FB), so she's running a negative balance there. The only money she would get is from her book sales, which I can't begin to imagine is much, especially as I believe she self-published (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please!). 

My mom had an in home office and it actually took away from our time with her.  She was always in there doing some work on something pro-life and I resented how much time she gave to it.  

I honestly believe that it's the quality of time more than the quantity that you give to your children that makes a difference.  My mom never worked outside the home and I was raised with nannies, gardeners, full-time housekeepers and all kinds of other accessory people.  TBH, those are the first people I think of with love when I think of my childhood.  I had 8 brothers and sisters and despite all the freedom my mom had she wasn't raised to show affection or love so she didn't mirror it and none of us felt it.

I never married because I thought I would be the kind of mother my mother was.  It still makes me sad even though I have worked hard to understand that her background was largely responsible for the way she raised us.  It wasn't until adulthood that we had a relationship and there are days when, for a split second, even 10 years after her death, I think, "I should call mom about this"...

When I worked full time and still had kids at home, I didn't miss a single party, field trip or award ceremony. I could use flex time or leave time to attend the events. All I had to do was put it on the group calendar a week in advance and bingo! I was off. I almost missed a Christmas program  because it fell during final exams (i went to school at night to finish my degree). I explained to my prof...and he let me take the exam on Saturday morning. Of course I was much younger and more energetic then...I doubt I could do that sort of thing now. 

I have attended parties and events, and some field trips (DS has always wanted his dad to go and actually DD wanted that once as well). Field trip chaperones are picked by lottery because almost every parent wants to go. DH likes to go because he has a firefighter friend with a daughter and nephew in the same grades as our kids, and he usually goes. They usually merge the groups and everyone has fun. Not to mention, teachers and parents seem to like the concept of males going- esp firefighter paramedics. 

Some of the comments on the breastfeeding doodle and the blog post she linked are ridiculous. I’ve had friends nurse in front of me- you couldn’t tell. And even if kiddo arched away, I wouldn’t respond in shock or horror or have to turn away- and neither would DH.  It’s the human body. 

She and her fangirls would not know how to respond if I shared that DH sometimes works a 12 or 24 hour shift with a female partner. I’m sure they would have lots to say about his shift partner (you know, she should be a keeper at home) but mostly, I think they would have no ability to comprehend that DH was not tempted by those situations. Nor has that fact ever been an issue for me. 

52 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I know. I've thought that, too. Working from home can take up a huge amount of time, time you are not available for your child. Is it really "mothering" if you are waving your hand and telling your child to "shush!"

If I may speak for her (yuk), I think she believes that even in those scenarios, the child is at least at home, not at risk for victimization, and under the mother's eye. If the child had a real problem (say, a bloody head or a broken bone) the mother can stop what she is doing and be there for the child. Similarly, most home businesses give the mom some flexibility to drive her kid to soccer at 4 or to attend a first-grader's Christmas party. She feels those things are important, and frankly, so do I.

Or should I say, I think they are important and Lori thinks they are of the Most Supreme Importance. I can certainly see that a roof over one's head, or freedom from debt collectors, is far more important to everyone in the family than attending that Xmas party. I can also see the risk of victimization at a well-chosen childcare facility where you know and trust the providers is a small risk, and one that can be worth taking, as opposed to the risk of losing one's home or not having enough to eat.

So Lori is basically arguing that the Luxury Mode of parenting--where mom is home to kiss every boo boo--is actually the Essential Mode or even the God-Ordered one. Even SAHM with kids at home get lots of criticism these days.  Imagine the criticism Lori gets, as she tries to prove her days have meaning and worth, even though she doesn't care for any kids or help in the community.  If God ordered it to be so, it makes it a lot easier. So Lori decided that God ordered it to be so.

Yeah I don't actually have a problem with stay at home moms.... Or dads. And if they can work from home awesome! I just don't like how Lori leaves zero room for the fact that not everyone has the same circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

She says she makes no money at all from her blog. She's also admitted to paying for advertising her FB page (or whatever it is you would pay for on FB), so she's running a negative balance there. The only money she would get is from her book sales, which I can't begin to imagine is much, especially as I believe she self-published (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please!). 

She definietely self-published, and also paid for an editor to edit her book. I doubt she had made her money back yet. This ministry is expensive.

10 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Yeah I don't actually have a problem with stay at home moms.... Or dads. And if they can work from home awesome! I just don't like how Lori leaves zero room for the fact that not everyone has the same circumstances. 

That and she discredits everyone's experience with her narrow thinking, rules and judgement.   She angers people not because we hate god ( even if one is an atheist, hatred of god isn't the cause. You can't hate something you don't believe in. You may hate some religious people but not "god") like she thinks, but because most of us are very proud of our families.  However we may sort out our incomes and child rearing, most are doing just fine and loving it!  Yes Lori, loving it!!!   In all our individual *come as you are* glory.  We are happy.

No one can say "This is the only way!!!1!11!!!".  No one wants to hear that either.  Lori does not celebrate family life, at all.  Her thrill comes from putting others down, talking shit and getting out of any family duties.  Bitch can't even love on her grandkids without being a sanctimonious scary jerk.  Shut up Lori!  

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived