IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, KDA said:

I accidentally commented on the blog while still logged into Google under my author name (usually I remember to log out first but this time I forgot). The owner of the blog googled my author name and found my blog then posted it to prove that I wasn't a "real" Christian 

I actually remember that happening, and I remember the blogger who did it.

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am guessing she was a normal christian girl with the goal of staying home. She grew up rich so i think her idea of college was an Mrs. Degree.

Exactly.  Lori never wanted to go to school, and based on her own accounts, it appears she has always been extremely lazy and entitled.  

Her writing about how she liked her mom to serve her, and describing herself as "definitely a taker", really tells me a lot about who she is.

As far as the Mrs. Degree, I think you are 100% right.  She had a specific list of what she wanted in a man (ability to provide was at the top of the list), and as soon as someone fit the bill (Ken), she married him.  

My personal opinion is that it is better to decide with your mind who to marry than with your feelings. If they meet your major qualifications for a spouse and you are attracted to them, you most likely will develop feelings for them, even if it happens after marriage. 

Almost 35 years ago, I remember being at my bridal shower and having feelings of sadness because I wasn't all excited and emotional about marrying Ken. I didn't have butterflies; I wasn't giddy; I didn't "feel" madly in love with him like I knew I was supposed to. I was even considering whether or not I should marry him based upon these feelings. Why, you may ask, did I marry him? I was marrying him because I decided he was what I was looking for in a husband. He loved Jesus; he worked hard; he was intelligent, athletic and good looking. These were all the characteristics I wanted in a husband. 

Here are a couple of posts she wrote on getting a "Mrs. Degree":

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/05/getting-mrs-degree.html

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/01/apply-for-mrs-degree.html

@Koala in her book she describes it much in the same way but I don't remember if she described it as Mrs. degree.

@Curious maybe able to give us a screenshot of that part of the book, unless she has already passed the book on to another reader.

Also in the book she talks about flipping the switch to be submissive (I have posted those book screenshots before) but I don't believe that Debi Pearl's book was the entire reason she flipped. I really think Ken told her to knock off her antics with a possible threat of divorce. (not that Ken is innocent in all this horrible, ungodly relationship)

Oh wow her post today is based on that comment she deleted. The one @Koalamentioned but no one got a screenshot .

From my post about modesty that I wrote the other day, I have learned that some today think that women dressing immodestly is trivial compared to nations being bombed, corrupt governments, access to health care, education, human rights, and poverty so I shouldn’t worry about these things I write about. There are so many more important things in the world to worry about, they tell me. So what if women want to run around naked, or be preachers, or have careers and leave their children in the care of strangers to raise. There are much bigger issues we should be dealing with!

Today's post is an answer to the woman who asked her how she could be so obsessed with modesty, when there are much bigger concerns like human rights, hunger, etc.  

Lori's answer is basically the same as the one she deleted- God doesn't care about these issues, and we can't solve them, so obviously the fact that Ken can't stop looking at other women modesty is the only thing that really matters.

She is a piece of work.  I am going to put the whole post under spoiler, because I have a strong feeling it will be heavily edited or deleted later.

Spoiler

From my post about modesty that I wrote the other day, I have learned that some today think that women dressing immodestly is trivial compared to nations being bombed, corrupt governments, access to health care, education, human rights, and poverty so I shouldn’t worry about these things I write about. There are so many more important things in the world to worry about, they tell me. So what if women want to run around naked, or be preachers, or have careers and leave their children in the care of strangers to raise. There are much bigger issues we should be dealing with!

Tell me, how are they going to solve the issues they are so concerned about? Now I see why many today are so miserable and unable to have happy lives. There is no way they are going to solve nations from being bombed, stop corrupt governments, fix all access to health care, education, human rights, and poverty. ALL of these are completely out of our control and God doesn’t ask us to solve any of them!

There will always be nations at war with each other. Health care, education, and human rights are not God-given rights as long as we live on this sin-infested planet since this isn’t our home. We are promised persecution if we believe in Him. Yes, we speak out and do what we can for all those who have no voice like the millions of babies who are being killed in their mothers’ wombs each year, the fatherless, and the children who are being sold into sex-trafficking but these will continue to happen as long as there are evil people and sin in this world. As sexual immorality and the breakdown of the family increase, so will evil and the consequences of it.

Jesus said that we will always have the poor among us. Yes, we help those we can but we can’t fix poverty or any of the world’s problems. We aren’t asked to do so. Even if we could possibly solve all of these issues, it would be meaningless in the end since this world and everything in it will one day be burned up. All those who refuse to believe in Christ and live in rebellion to Him will spend eternity in a horrific place called hell. This should concern us more than anything else! People need Jesus.

Sadly, many people today don’t seem to have a problem with sexual immorality. It’s low on their totem pole of the world’s problems. I guess they have never read Romans 1 and the progression of sin in people’s lives. It begins with people not glorifying God and being unthankful, then ends with all types of sexual perversions.

Do you remember why Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed? Yes, sexual sin leads to many more sins that destroy nations so I would never take immodesty lightly since God doesn’t. As President John Adams said, “The Jews, the Greeks, the Romans, the Swiss, the Dutch, all lost their public spirit, their Republican principles and habits and their Republican forms of government when they lost the modesty and domestic virtues of their women.”

As long as we live on this earth, wars, poverty, human rights, and other sufferings will continue but God doesn’t ask us to fix the world’s problems or even worry about them. He wants us to believe in Him, live in obedience to His Word, love Him, and love all those around us by serving and being generous with them.

When the Apostle Paul was giving instructions about women’s roles in the church and in marriage, he lived in an evil culture but when women live as they are called to live, they have a huge impact on all those around them. This is what this world needs more than anything else; Christians who walk according to God’s way so they can see Jesus living in and through them.

She is essentially saying that nothing (aside from submission/modesty/and being a sahw/sahm) really matters.  How ironic that her pet topics just happen to be God's pet topics.  After all, why would he worry about a human being going hungry, when there are women parading around in thong bathing suits?!

In other news, it looks like Ken spent a lot of time at the beach this week.  From Instagram:

I guess in Lori land it makes no sense to worry about the hungry, human rights violations, or wars.  What's really important to God, is that new moms don't breastfeed in public.  That is a problem worth solving.

This really explains why she doesn't donate to charities as well. Oh well, there will always be hungry children, so let's not even bother trying. 

Her fanboy Josh said this

I disagree with this only in that my mom was grouchy and went from cheerful to screaming obscenities (even in the car on the way to church). I turned out ok and love Jesus. So...not all kids end up that way.

I was wondering what she was going to do with that and I guess nothing. You know if that was anyone else saying that, she would have deleted.

This is an interesting admittance

We are promised persecution if we believe in Him.

Lori uses persecution as proof of her faith. If she isn't being persecuted enough, if a post isn't going viral, then she starts to feel on shaky ground like maybe her faith isn't loud enough or being shown enough. Because dammit God promises we will be persecuted if we believe in him. So, if we aren't being persecuted, we must not believe. 

6817697164.jpg.4b1c13c3cebcd4dc98ec81104251925e.jpg

1. No, they are not completely out of our control. Humans beings have the ability to help with all of those problems. Can we fix them entirely? No, but we can reduce their impact, and solve the parts that we can. 

2. God doesn't ask us to solve them? Not entirely, and not all by ourselves, no, but let's see what the Bible has to say that could apply.  ' Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.' 'When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren...call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:  And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.'  'He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.' 'For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.' ' He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.' 'Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction.' And those are just things the Bible says about poverty. But we're not asked by God to even try to solve that, are we? 

They do care just about their big three "world problems." 

Ending abortion

stopping "the sodomites"

beating down feminism 

she's so so anti the heart of God I could cry in rage. I hope if there's a hell she is there. 

Oh, the primary reason S&G were destroyed wasn't sexual sin. Imagine that. 

Ending abortion
 stopping "the sodomites"
beating down feminism 

she's so so anti the heart of God I could cry in rage. I hope if there's a hell she is there. 

It's actually 4 issues. You forgot guns.

Sorry; we're traveling so I wasn't able to comment on "being offended by God's words."  Clearly some of God's words offend Lori because she made a YouTube about it and made it clear how things would be if it was up to her. 

Never offended by God's holy teaching, huh, Lori??

IMG_8750.PNG

Whew, I picked one hell of a week to go out of town to a place where even my cell phone wouldn't work. Lori seems to have been extra busy as keeper of her home internet career woman the past few days. Still trying to catch up, but I have to pause and say thank you to @usmcmom for the photos of the puppies and horse (haha).

And I think the next thread should be titled 'Lori Alexander 32: PING!' :pb_lol:

4 minutes ago, Loveday said:

And I think the next thread should be titled 'Lori Alexander 32: PING!' :pb_lol:

Me too!  Love it :pb_lol:

I can just picture her sitting glued to her computer monitor, screaming, "PINGGGG!", through clenched teeth.  Kind of like the crazy "grandma" in  The Visit

In fairness, I guess Lori would be shoveling in nutritious salad, instead of cookies.

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am guessing she was a normal christian girl with the goal of staying home. She grew up rich so i think her idea of college was an Mrs. Degree. Us that are middle class (Or below) know that college or tech school is a way to help the family and a way for financial security (or try to have security). 

I think she became insufferable in her opinion when Ken threatened to leave so she grasped on to submission and turned her bitchy behavior to the internet. 

I’ve never really bought into the bit that daddy “forced” her to go to college. She was an adult, she could have quit any time she wanted. However, I’m sure it would have also meant having to give up daddy’s financial support and doing things like getting a job and her own place to live. In other words, being an adult instead of a pampered princess.

I also don’t think Lori’s a submissive wife, either. I think she just found a more “acceptable” way to get what she wants.

9 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Whew, I picked one hell of a week to go out of town to a place where even my cell phone wouldn't work. Lori seems to have been extra busy as keeper of her home internet career woman the past few days. Still trying to catch up, but I have to pause and say thank you to @usmcmom for the photos of the puppies and horse (haha).

I'm sorry. I do not recall any puppies or horses. :pb_biggrin:

Lori says:

As long as we live on this earth, wars, poverty, human rights, and other sufferings will continue but God doesn’t ask us to fix the world’s problems or even worry about them.

Adding to @delphinium65's post, the prophet Isaiah said in chapter 58: from verse 6

“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
    and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
    and break every yoke?
 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
    and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
    and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
    and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you,
    and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
 Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
    you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
    with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
    and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,

then your light will rise in the darkness,
    and your night will become like the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you always;

Lori is very, very wrong. 

@delphinium65 and @onemama

James 2:15-16     15 "Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?"

Romans 12:13  "Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality."

Jeremiah 22:3 "This is what the LORD says: Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place."

and, of course Micah 6:8

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly[a] with your God."

Lori cannot seem grasp that caring about God compels us out of our homes and into a broken world, where we are meant to be salt and light.  Saying that does NOT devalue sincere Christian women are homemakers; but nor does it devalue sincere Christian women who choose to obey God by having a vocation.  Caring for one's household is not a one-size-fits all scenario.  She has set up another false dichotomy.

The Bible says both to beware of false teachings, and also told that the mark of true faith is love for Jesus and love for others.  It seems to me that sifting Lori's teachings for a love of Jesus and a Love of others is exactly what the Bible exhorts us to do.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:
1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Ending abortion
 stopping "the sodomites"
beating down feminism 

Read more  

It's actually 4 issues. You forgot guns.

I'm a gun owner and a licensed CHL carrier but I do agree with you on the guns thing to. I don't think they are to be worshiped right up there next to the Bible. Lol 

Comments on IG 

kathswanson76I have noticed too, that there are women who openly breast-feed because they are "natural" type of mothers. They excuse their immodesty due to their "holistic" way of life. I had one such gal over to my house this week for Bible study and she had her breast flying for all to see-it was more natural to her, she explained. I had to warn her that my husband was home and to please cover up.

darafaithI love this!

darafaithI know a few people who dont cover up while breastfeeding and it makes me uncomfortable. If I can see your nipple I know my husband can too.

See its all fear based. These women are just so afraid their husband will get one look of nipple and leave them or not want them. Have more faith and trust in your man!

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Comments on IG 

See its all fear based. These women are just so afraid their husband will get one look of nipple and leave them or not want them. Have more faith and trust in your man!

I gotta admit, sometimes uncovered breastfeeding can make me uncomfortable. I'm walking along, not expecting to see a breast, and boom! there's one right there. Takes me by surprise.

But I can deal with being uncomfortable for a moment. I'm not ordering anyone to stop in the name of God. That's the difference I see here. Oh Noooo! I'm uncomfortable! You must stop immediately!

This should be deleted shortly:

Life or death issues will always be more important than what someone wears, or where they spend their day (home vs work), or if they manage their time in a way that matches your code of morality.
That said, it is possible to concern oneself with multiple issues at a time.

Nope. God doesn't care about life or death issues.  As long as Ken isn't being defrauded by some thong wearing woman at the beach, it's all good.

Side note- for someone who claims God doesn't want her worrying about others going hungry, Lori sure does seem to make a lot of videos that revolve around what she's eating.  That's to say nothing of the countless Instagram pics of her food/fridge/pantry.

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived