IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

5 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I hope you all will forgive me indulging in needing to write out some thoughts here -

Because of how relentlessly Lori beats the drum of "keepers at home" -  I was reading a commentary about Timothy and Titus (Philip Towner's - which is evangelical and likely the perspective embraced by most churches Lori might attend) - looking for insight as to the context of Titus 2:5 from a source that would have credibility in her circles- and it has this to say about the social values of women in Crete (Titus was in Crete at the time, sent there by Paul to help organize the new churches):

"The values of the 'new woman' had little to do with traditional commitments to the household; the new morality they emphasized endorsed the freedom to pursue extramarital sexual liaisons and liberties normally open only to men, which would place marital fidelity and household management at risk. Thus the household was the chief theater of Paul's campaign." (p. 726)

So evidently,  the admonition to be "keepers at home" (from what I've seen of the Greek, more accurately translated as "fulfilling their duties at home") and "subject to one's own husband" was a response to a culture which advocated that a woman spending the bulk of her day actively in pursuit of her next sexual partner.  The church was meant to look different than this - to be known by "loving one's own husband", "loving one's own children", to be marked by kindness.  To be known by the qualify of relationship in one's family and with others.

It's not an order from God that women must not have a job or education, or to only have children and school them at home, but rather, to cultivate healthy loving relationships with the family you have, so that God's reputation is upheld.  The theological truth, good for all time, all cultures, all people being this:  people judge God's love by how we love others, so make sure our love for our family is in order first.

How that truth then applies is myriad and wonderful and as beautiful as all the different people in the world. 

And the question we would rightly ask of ourselves (and of Lori) in response to measure whether or not we are "being a keeper at home" - how is kind are you in your relationship with your family?  with your children?  With your husband?

This. All of this. Someone PLEASE post this on Lori’s TTW Facebook wall. And then someone else. And then more people. Because... SHE NEEDS TO FREAKING SEE IT!!! Jesus was all about love. If you’re not about love, then you’re not about Jesus. But I’d say being about love is probably a pretty happy life to live <3

In response to her latest IG post: CHILDREN ON MEDICATION OFTEN NEED MEDICATION. Not all, but often. I am on ADHD medication. I needed it as a child. I needed it at home, school, anywhere. I never was diagnosed until college. MENTAL ILLNESSES AND DISORDERS ARE REAL. I see them every day doing behavior therapy as my job. I have more than one myself. Medication can help people survive and THRIVE. It should never be the first line of treatment unless absolutely necessary. But it should absolutely be used to treat those who need it. Quality of life isn’t just improved by simply “homeschooling”. Sometimes, public school is the BEST place for kids with special needs.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori posted her home-baked bread on Instagram, and it does look good. However, I looked up her recipe and I win at nutritional godliness because my home-baked bread, unlike hers, has no sugar and no oil and does not require her recommended Bosch mixer ($389) or even her next best KitchenAid ($250).

Flour, sourdough starter, salt, water, a bowl, a wooden spoon, an oven and bread pans or a cookie sheet. That's it, and it's delicious. I can add other grains and spices at my whim, but the basic version is fine.

If you'd like me to mentor you, I will send the 5-page application including Facebook friend references, swimwear photo, and background check.

Please, @older than allosaurs, mentor me.  I have heathen, nay, sinful bread baking skills, in that I go to the grocery store and buy it there. I can save you a bit of time regarding my application, as I do everything in my power to never wear any type of bathing suit in front of anyone. (This makes me a ridiculous person, but there it is.) You will, therefore, not receive a photo of me in swimwear. I fervently hope that you will consider me worthy of your teachings, despite this unfortunate little glitch.

Lori tells a reader to try sprouted spelt on her IG pic of homemade bread. I have gluten insensitivity, and Lori should shut her piehole before telling a woman with celiac disease to try sprouted spelt.  Sprouted spelt still contains gluten.  Grr, that woman gets on my last nerves. 

@older than allosaurs There is a cooking club. Perhaps you could mentor us as a group. It will certainly be holier than the chatroom. Right now it's very godly as we are waiting for the next big in the update busy off the internet.

I have to confess I do wear swimwear sometimes. But there are no pictures. My husband doesn't like to take pictures and I'm so submissive I don't let my husband take any pictures he doesn't like to take. Although on a few occasions he requested demanded the camera during the last years. To give you an example, but not offend our faint-hearted and submissive FJ-members (everyone here) who avoid looking these evil sights at coasts and beaches, I put it under spoiler (downsized so it wont' blow anyone's data plan). As you can see my husband was staring at a beautiful creature who wore no clothes whatsoever! Not even a thong! I couldn't even tell him that this Godly Creation has to be paddled fro making him lust! I just promised my command man we will see another one, while being in England. Of course I kept my promise and he kept staring at them in admiration of their beauty!

Spoiler

59e91c8bb1663_tynemouthmoewe.thumb.jpg.3ae2b27cdb5c38ae69cf14e633631c7c.jpg

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

If you'd like me to mentor you, I will send the 5-page application including Facebook friend references, swimwear photo, and background check.

I'd like you to mentor me, but I'm not sure I could pass the application process. You see, I use a bread machine to make my bread. Since I'm home while it's working, I'm technically making homemade bread. Sort of like how if I'm home while a maid cleans and a nanny cuddles my child, I'm technically a keeper at home.

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

@KDA I suppose I'm curious as to how said blogger found your stories in the first place? 

And cue Lori writing about erotic novels. 

@Sarah92 I accidentally commented on the blog while still logged into Google under my author name (usually I remember to log out first but this time I forgot). The owner of the blog googled my author name and found my blog then posted it to prove that I wasn't a "real" Christian because I write naughty books and therefore my opinion (which was contrary to hers) was invalid.

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

Ok folks.  I'm all worried now about my submissifely-ness.  When my husband and I wear swimwear we, well gosh darn-it-all, we are just usually too darn busy swimming and in water to bring our cell phones or cameras along.  Is this indicative of a lack of adequate faith?

19 minutes ago, molecule said:

I'd like you to mentor me, but I'm not sure I could pass the application process. You see, I use a bread machine to make my bread. Since I'm home while it's working, I'm technically making homemade bread. Sort of like how if I'm home while a maid cleans and a nanny cuddles my child, I'm technically a keeper at home.

I used to use a bread machine, and that bread was good too. It turned out I really hated cleaning the damn thing and I kept misplacing the little paddle, so eventually it went away and I went back to my "ways of old," ie., so simple I can't screw it up. My recipe substitutes a long rising for the kneading, so there isn't much mess.

2 hours ago, freealljs said:

Lori tells a reader to try sprouted spelt on her IG pic of homemade bread. I have gluten insensitivity, and Lori should shut her piehole before telling a woman with celiac disease to try sprouted spelt.  Sprouted spelt still contains gluten.  Grr, that woman gets on my last nerves. 

Right?? I cannot have gluten either  and I'm scared to even try sourdough. 

@delphinium65 I don’t have body confidence but I decided that making memories is more important. I also realized that no one is worrying about me- people have other things to focus on. If I can’t remember other people on the beach why do I think that they  are concerned with me? And if I do catch their attention, I choose to believe that they are encouraged by the way I interact with my kiddos. I choose to believe that there are more good and kind people in the world. When I hit 40, it became easier to not worry about what other people think of me- especially when their perceptions are subjective based on their own opinions experiences and beliefs.

Get out there and enjoy life- swim, play in the waves, enjoy the sound of the waves and the warm sun on your shoulders. 

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Today Lori asks:

"Why is there so much hatred directed towards those who teach these truths to women?"

The question she's really asking is, "Why don't more people love me?"

Lori might want to ask herself why other women who teach the types of topics she does don't get as much "hate" as she does.   I don't think we've ever really had a thread on Sheila (Love, Honor, Vacuum).  The only times we've talked about her have been mostly positive and in this thread, afaik.

Maybe SHE is the problem and not those that teach "truths" to women.

3 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Lori posted her home-baked bread on Instagram, and it does look good. However, I looked up her recipe and I win at nutritional godliness because my home-baked bread, unlike hers, has no sugar and no oil and does not require her recommended Bosch mixer ($389) or even her next best KitchenAid ($250).

Flour, sourdough starter, salt, water, a bowl, a wooden spoon, an oven and bread pans or a cookie sheet. That's it, and it's delicious. I can add other grains and spices at my whim, but the basic version is fine.

I made a sourdough starter once and named it Sally. I found the recipe on Google. However, Sally wasn't much good at making sourdough bread, my bread turned out hard and weird and yuck so Sally died an untimely death down the drain. If you have time, and you would be willing to share any tips (or your recipe for starter and how to look after it and use it etc.) I would love to hear from you!! I'll happily fill out the 5 page application but you really DON'T want to see what I look like in swimwear ;) 

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

And so women were made to just sit in chairs all day? Boys and Girls need exercise! 

Why medicate a child when you can just beat the "bad" out of them if you are diligent and hit hard enough :pb_rollseyes:

21 minutes ago, KDA said:

I made a sourdough starter once and named it Sally. I found the recipe on Google. However, Sally wasn't much good at making sourdough bread, my bread turned out hard and weird and yuck so Sally died an untimely death down the drain. If you have time, and you would be willing to share any tips (or your recipe for starter and how to look after it and use it etc.) I would love to hear from you!! I'll happily fill out the 5 page application but you really DON'T want to see what I look like in swimwear ;) 

As a most unsubmissive wife, I highly recommend King Arthur Flour's recipe for sourdough starter and bread. I've tried several starters and this one is by far the easiest. Mine has been alive for almost two months now and going strong. 

I could channel Aunt Lori and tell you to "look it up" :my_rolleyes: but I'll give you the link instead, even without a 5 page application. 

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/sourdough-starter-recipe

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

Ok folks.  I'm all worried now about my submissifely-ness.  When my husband and I wear swimwear we, well gosh darn-it-all, we are just usually too darn busy swimming and in water to bring our cell phones or cameras along.  Is this indicative of a lack of adequate faith?

Clearly you are sinner and a woman of ill repute.  

Lori said:

Boys weren’t created to sit in chairs for hours every day for many years. What they learn in school in a day can be learned in a few hours at home along with lots of large muscle movement (play and physical work) which is healthy for them. (my bold)

No, boys should do workbooks for an hour or so,  and then spend hours quietly in their bedrooms so that their mother can rest. :pb_rollseyes:

I can never reconcile Lori's view about boys in school with her views on children's behavior in general. This is a woman who equated a child's refusal to pick up "raisins" with sin.  She constantly talks about punishing small children so that sin will not take hold of their lives. She has referred to her daughter's (probable) typical teenage behavior as sin. 

She expects children of all ages to grasp the concept of sin and have the discipline to avoid it; yet she thinks young boys should not have the self control to sit at school and obey rules. It just does not add up, unless she thinks female children are sinning and male children are not, when they happen to bahave in very age appropriate ways. 

So, which is it? Are children responsible for their own behavior, to the point of sinning, when they are toddlers? Or are they too young to have that kind of self control, to the extent that they cannot even sit in a chair for thirty minutes at a time?  

4 hours ago, Frog99 said:

@delphinium65 I don’t have body confidence but I decided that making memories is more important. I also realized that no one is worrying about me- people have other things to focus on. If I can’t remember other people on the beach why do I think that they  are concerned with me? And if I do catch their attention, I choose to believe that they are encouraged by the way I interact with my kiddos. I choose to believe that there are more good and kind people in the world. When I hit 40, it became easier to not worry about what other people think of me- especially when their perceptions are subjective based on their own opinions experiences and beliefs.

Get out there and enjoy life- swim, play in the waves, enjoy the sound of the waves and the warm sun on your shoulders. 

Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement more than you'll ever know!  :D  I'm a lot further down that road than I was even a year ago, and compared with 10 years ago? It's unbelievable.  Escaping the fundie trap, being able to do a simple thing like buy a shirt without thinking 'is this Godly?'...pretty much doing whatever I want, no need to rationalize or explain to anyone...well, I do explain my reasons to my husband sometimes, but he's always egging me on to do whatever the heck I want, explanations are optional!  

I wonder what Lori was like when she was in her late teens and early 20s...what she was REALLY like, not the view we get through her submission-colored rear view mirror. Did she ever enjoy anything, just for its own sake? Or was all the fun squashed out of her by fundamentalism and way too literal application of a few Bible verses?  Was she always so hateful, judgmental, and afraid of anything outside of her own little God bubble? 

6 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I wonder what Lori was like when she was in her late teens and early 20s...what she was REALLY like, not the view we get through her submission-colored rear view mirror. Did she ever enjoy anything, just for its own sake? Or was all the fun squashed out of her by fundamentalism and way too literal application of a few Bible verses?  Was she always so hateful, judgmental, and afraid of anything outside of her own little God bubble?

I am guessing she was a normal christian girl with the goal of staying home. She grew up rich so i think her idea of college was an Mrs. Degree. Us that are middle class (Or below) know that college or tech school is a way to help the family and a way for financial security (or try to have security). 

I think she became insufferable in her opinion when Ken threatened to leave so she grasped on to submission and turned her bitchy behavior to the internet. 

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived