IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

@Sarah92 I’m still only on mobile but will post my testimony at some point. 

It seems that fundies are obsessed with sex and the human body. We live on the east coast and go to the beach and pool often. I can promise that my kids don’t pay attention to what others are wearing. They are there to have fun. I don’t pay attention either- a woman with a nice body might catch my attention and I will likely think that her hard work in the gym has paid off- the end. DH might also notice, but he’s not going to lust after her and if by chance we struck up conversation, he would not have any difficulty (nor would he have to bounce his eyes or look away). He was raised with class and manners and respects women. Neither of us see the human body as shameful, and while I’m no longer bikini material, I have nothing against those that are. Want to wear a thong? Go for it. 

Josh- you are a creep and you need professional help.

I can say I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone parade around the beach- I think that’s an interpretation of the offended vs an actual thing. I think they have a need to be offended and to look down on others- and that is why people move away from Christianity. Why not say to your children “this is what our family believes about modesty but not everyone ascribes to the same beliefs” and move on? Maybe don’t make nudity and sex so taboo and your kids won’t stare? 

Who sees a butt cheek or side boob and instantly thinks sex or starts to become aroused?? No one I know. And who has the time or mental space to tally what other women wear in a variety of venues? I couldn’t tell you what I wore yesterday, let alone what anyone else wore. 

And Lori, I saw your backyard and proximity to neighbors in your instastory... mighty hypocritical of you to post about modesty when you posted about sunbathing in little clothing in your back yard... oh but wait- maybe Ken likes it- because you had a post about how women should dress to please their husbands and according to the husband’s interpretation. Maybe those thong ladies were following that guidance. 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

She will never understand that her behavior and her marriage are far from normal. She is just so self-centered that she believes if she can't act like a decent human being, no woman can. 

Agreed. DH and I work together to get things done- and we both tackle them differently. But I appreciate his efforts and sacrifices he makes to support me. Not to mention, there have been occasions where it has been a super busy week- maybe he’s working on a Saturday and the kids and I enjoy a stay in pj’s and veg out day- he will pick up dinner and not be upset that there are chores not done. He would say he knew I needed the downtime and appreciates me. Neither of us would bitch at the other about things not done. 

On another note, I saw a post today from Lysa Terkeurst. I wonder if she’s making her way back to posting and leading. I know Lori was critical of her in the past. Because, you know, it’s more important to tear down than it is to build up. 

@Frog99 I like that about teaching your kids what your family believes about modesty and then moving on. Personally, I know modesty looks different for different cultures and families. What works best for me might not be the case for someone else. The important part is they're still human. And I don't think Jesus said "love your neighbor until she shows too much cleavage, once she has displayed too much bosom then you may dehumanize her and sexualize her.... especially if you're a guy cause you can't control yourselves". This obession with Christians and sex is getting really annoying. 

And I can't seem to get around the fact that Lori appearsto be against breastfeeding in public. I mean a mother is doing one of the best things for her baby, not feeding it in a dirty toliet stall, and basically doing what mothers have done for thousands of years. Isn't that what she wants, traditional motherhood? Nope they're being immodest for using their breasts as intended.  I mean I saw a woman breast feed in public without a cover. I saw what she was doing and then went back to writing my paper because it wasn't any of my gosh darn business.

7 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@SuperNovark at a young age this is not a problem. Because as a provider he, of course, provided via his 2-3 jobs the means for the mother to remain at home.  Because children only need their mothers.  They do not need to spend time with their fathers ....... ever.

When Mr Wrangler died, both Sea fillies were very upset. Sea colt was less so but he's always been one for not being overly emotional.

I asked Sea colt a few months ago how he was getting on since his father died. And he was very forth-right. Since his father had worked away for long periods of time, it was just what he was used to.

He doesn't have the memories of being with his father that his sisters do. I was the one constant in his 12 years of life. I find that rather sad for both of them.

@TeddyBonkers, your comment about how we change the baby boy's diapers and so on reminds me an exchange between Martin Pawley and Laurie Jorgensen when he's having a bath.  Laurie tells Martin that womenfolk have changed baby boys diapers and tend them when they're sick and he doesn't have anything that she never seen before.  He needn't be so bashful in front of her.

In addition to Kathleen and the possibly creepy husband (which is how I read her comment) we also have Grace and her husband:

My husband has always been adamant about our babies being covered up at all times. No nakedness (crawling around in just a diaper or onesie) even at home ...... we always think about men lusting after women, but there are unfortunately pedophiles out there too. 

Is the hubby afraid of pedophiles in his own home?  Very odd.

The leghumper fangirls were falling all over each other on the blog comments to explain how modest their swim clothes are -- for women and men -- and to say that none of them never, ever, ever never go to the beach or pools or water parks because they are full of immodest, mostly naked hussies tempting men.  Of course if they never go to the beach, pools or water parks I can't imagine why they need swim clothes, but oh well.

These people are raising  a generation of children to be afraid and ashamed of their own bodies.  They'll end up like a friend of my sister who told me this story:

Raised strict Southern Baptist "Mary" undressed in the bathroom on her wedding night and turned off all the lights before getting into bed with her new hubby.  She wore a floor length high necked long sleeved nightgown her mother had made especially for her wedding night,  For the entirety of her 3-year marriage her husband never saw her less than completely clothed.  She always dressed and undressed in the bathroom, and only got into bed in complete darkness. All of her nightgowns were like the one from the wedding night.

Finally after 3 years of this, her hubby couldn't take it any more and they divorced.  'Mary" moved home and has remained there for the last 20+ years, no dates and certainly no thought of remarriage, although she does have a job.  My sis told me "Mary" confided in her that although divorce was a sin she was glad to no longer be married as she wouldn't have to have (lowered whisper voice) sex any more. That her husband wanted it all the time (defined as more than once or twice a month) and that he was always after her to undress in front of him.  But of course she could never do that, because then he would see her (OMG) naked.

My sis and BIL have remained friends with the ex-hubby (who is happily remarried) and have heard his side of the story. Which is essentially that "Mary" was raised to believe that nakedness, even in marriage, is sinful and wicked and generally disgusting. That a woman must never allow any man, even her husband, to see her body as it might incite him to lust. and thus to sin.

I always though the story was funny, but oh so very sad.  Even my sis, who is rather a prude, thought the whole thing was wack.

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

I can say I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone parade around the beach- I think that’s an interpretation of the offended vs an actual thing. I think they have a need to be offended and to look down on others- and that is why people move away from Christianity. Why not say to your children “this is what our family believes about modesty but not everyone ascribes to the same beliefs” and move on? Maybe don’t make nudity and sex so taboo and your kids won’t stare? 

Who sees a butt cheek or side boob and instantly thinks sex or starts to become aroused?? No one I know. And who has the time or mental space to tally what other women wear in a variety of venues? I couldn’t tell you what I wore yesterday, let alone what anyone else wore. 

For way too much of my life I didn't go to a public pool or water park because of the eeeeeevil nekkidness going on, in fact I had never ventured forth in swimwear of any kind until the last few years...the few years before that I no longer thought the human body had to be hidden, but let's face it, many of us in the 40s and 50s crowd are a tad self-conscious, more so those of us who are, let's just say well-rounded. If you're in this age range, and you're confident enough to go for it, I very sincerely salute (and envy) you!  Anyway, I finally decided to take the plunge (hehe...) and go. Yes, there were people wearing much less than I was wearing. Yes, there was a lot of skin showing. But, to my amazement, it simply didn't seem to be a big deal. Some of the better bods were looked at, duh, human beings are human! But as far as I saw there was no staring, very few if any long lustful gazes, in short, no one seemed to care. It took much less time than I expected to be pretty darned comfortable in my short swim dress with a neckline low enough to (gaspshock!) show some cleavage. 

Now I wish I had come to that conclusion many years ago.  Oh well.  Guess I have some lost time to make up! 

Helen Keller once wrote an essay about how, if she could regain her senses, the one thing she'd like to do was to go to see and hear the ocean. She wanted to see the waves and hear the crash of the ocean. Of course, she never did.

And here is this insufferable, priggish woman, who is blessed with the gift of sight and sound her entire life, going to the beach and finding some way to make it a miserable experience. She doesn't even notice the things that Helen Keller longed to see and hear. 

6 hours ago, Frog99 said:

It seems that fundies are obsessed with sex and the human body.

Yes this is absolutely true!!

I write kinky erotic romance. When my kinky erotic book blog got posted on a fundie website (by the owner of said website, so all the "good Christians" could go and attack me) guess how many extra views my blog got in that day? And guess how many extra sales my books made over the next week or so?

Yes, fundies are obsessed with sex. But they think they are better than everyone else, so they pretend that sex offends and horrifies them. But really, they're just ashamed that they like it so much. And, if my book sales that week are anything to go by, they like *kinky* sex. But they'll never admit to it. Instead, they'll criticize and judge those who show their elbows and knees in public. Because for some reason, sex is sinful. They way I understand my Bible, God intended for sex to be enjoyed. But what do I know? I'm not a very good Christian, as was pointed out to me by the "real" Christians on the fundie blog. Plus, I hate Lori. So I'm doomed.

Her post today is just funny and pointless. OF COURSE all the women in the chatroom are going to agree with her, its an echo chamber. OF COURSE they are all going to not be offended by God's role for women.  That question was probably more of a test to make a list of who to kick out. Anyone who was silent or didn't give an enthusiastic answer is probably kicked out now. 

Her tone is so antagonistic.  The only positive things she ever says are about herself.

I asked the women in the chat room if they have ever been offended by any of God’s instructions to women because I know I never have.

No, Lori.  You've always been a picture of godliness, I'm sure.

Of course you don't really follow any of God's real instructions, but I guess that's beside the point.  

Okay, which one of you has been posting on TTW Facebook page :pb_lol: :

Lori, I'm a huge fan. Is it okay to read blogs and books by women? I'm such a big fan. You are a prophet! I have always known how easily deceived I am. Please give me advice on how I can know when I hear truth! How can I tell when somebody is speaking truth and when they are not? Especially if they are a woman? Because they are easily deceived and so am I!!! Like, I think what you are saying makes soooooo much sense, but how can I trust it and my own understanding of it since we are both easily deveived? Do we need a man to interpret if what we are saying is truth?? I know men are much smarter because like you said they are made in God's image and we women are only made in their image, so should we trust all men?? I have soooooo many questions and I hope you can help me, or maybe a man can help by interpreting what you say??? I'M SUCH a big fan!!! XXOO.

In another post, she writes:

Amen! My husband can be brutal, but I always submit!

I really don't think Lori has the ability to distinguish between someone being offended by Lori's instructions to women versus God's . . .

The post today okay so maybe I'm a little offended but I'm offended because I don't think it's biblical. I constantly see these groups adding to scripture what isn't there.

And I get pissed off when I see statements like "they probably just don't have a strong faith in Christ". Excuse me?! You're judging my faith on a non essential to the gospel? These women have no stinking clue what kind of lives the women that don't agree have lead. For some Christ is the only thing that keeps them going and you're gonna say crap like that? 

Its exhausting because no matter how often I recite from the bible, passionately talk about scriptural concepts, help and serve others, and worship God they will continue to question my faith and those who believe like me. I'm willing to sit and talk with you but are you willing to hear me? The answer is probably no. 

9 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I really don't think Lori has the ability to distinguish between someone being offended by Lori's instructions to women versus God's . . .

But she's like a prophet remember? So everything she says is the truth even though women are easily deceived and weak! But she's special because well..... Idk? 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Okay, which one of you has been posting on TTW Facebook page :pb_lol: :

In another post, she writes:

My God, I hope that's not a real person.

Such a humble, godly lady:

My guess, from watching other women who do not have a close relationship with Christ, is that they lack humility.

Another godly keeper at home says:

American women today, for the most part, are very gullible

Lori chimes in:

They are seeking after what culture tells women is important instead of what God tells women is important.

Things like what, Lori?  A blog?  A book?  A chat room that has to be monitored "for a majority of the day"?  Is that what God told you is important?

She concludes by reminding them:

There will always be a remnant.

Yes, I am sure we'll all rest easy knowing that there's a remnant of gossips, lurking about the internet.  What a relief.

2 minutes ago, Hisey said:

My God, I hope that's not a real person.

It's not.  I looked at her page.  She's just having fun with Lori.

@usmcmom, I just watched the IG story. Very odd to hear someone describe everything in the fridge as MY this, MY that. No Ken, no grandkids, hobbies anywhere. All food. If I were doing a story on IG, I surely wouldn't be taking short videos about MY food. I'd have my family and hobbies. 

Lori, I am in no way offended by God’s commandments to women. I’m not even offended by you. I’m astonished and frustrated. Lots of times, I’m actually amused.

She has a cycle of insanity in her home and online. Everything I witness is both pathetic and infuriating at the same time. It is so strange and horrible that people like that EXIST and that they somehow form a community of hatred and highly-filtered bullshit. Sigh.

Side note: I think it would be quite interesting to analyze her writing style and language patterns. Comparing her tendencies with the writing tendencies of cult leaders would probably reveal some... er... INTERESTING similarities... I’ve noticed she uses “Yes, blah blah blah” and “No, blah blah blah” a LOT. That is a very immature use of English, in my opinion.

I hate that remnant crap. It comes across as there will always be a special group of us who "get it". Everyone else is just hopeless and lost and thank God we are in God's "in" crowd. 

Today Lori asks:

"Why is there so much hatred directed towards those who teach these truths to women?"

The question she's really asking is, "Why don't more people love me?"

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Today Lori asks:

"Why is there so much hatred directed towards those who teach these truths to women?"

The question she's really asking is, "Why don't more people love me?"

The questions I would love to ask her: “Why do you direct so much hatred toward women as a whole?” and “Shouldn’t you be saying PING instead?”

I hope you all will forgive me indulging in needing to write out some thoughts here -

Because of how relentlessly Lori beats the drum of "keepers at home" -  I was reading a commentary about Timothy and Titus (Philip Towner's - which is evangelical and likely the perspective embraced by most churches Lori might attend) - looking for insight as to the context of Titus 2:5 from a source that would have credibility in her circles- and it has this to say about the social values of women in Crete (Titus was in Crete at the time, sent there by Paul to help organize the new churches):

"The values of the 'new woman' had little to do with traditional commitments to the household; the new morality they emphasized endorsed the freedom to pursue extramarital sexual liaisons and liberties normally open only to men, which would place marital fidelity and household management at risk. Thus the household was the chief theater of Paul's campaign." (p. 726)

So evidently,  the admonition to be "keepers at home" (from what I've seen of the Greek, more accurately translated as "fulfilling their duties at home") and "subject to one's own husband" was a response to a culture which advocated that a woman spending the bulk of her day actively in pursuit of her next sexual partner.  The church was meant to look different than this - to be known by "loving one's own husband", "loving one's own children", to be marked by kindness.  To be known by the qualify of relationship in one's family and with others.

It's not an order from God that women must not have a job or education, or to only have children and school them at home, but rather, to cultivate healthy loving relationships with the family you have, so that God's reputation is upheld.  The theological truth, good for all time, all cultures, all people being this:  people judge God's love by how we love others, so make sure our love for our family is in order first.

How that truth then applies is myriad and wonderful and as beautiful as all the different people in the world. 

And the question we would rightly ask of ourselves (and of Lori) in response to measure whether or not we are "being a keeper at home" - how is kind are you in your relationship with your family?  with your children?  With your husband?

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived