IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

Yeah she definitely reads anything and everything about her. I’ll be the first to say that I’ve never said anything “mean” against her. I’ve just given my CONVICTIONS and opinions. Basically, I’m just like her!!! *insert gagging here*

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

Yeah she definitely reads anything and everything about her. I’ll be the first to say that I’ve never said anything “mean” against her. I’ve just given my CONVICTIONS and opinions. Basically, I’m just like her!!! *insert gagging here*

I think Lori calls it, "speaking the TRUTH in love".  

I just call it, "quoting her directly".  Ping.

16 hours ago, Celtic Rose said:

From the chat room.  Lori was at a womens retreat today, the speaker was a friend. Thought she said that they were evil.  Also she mentioned that her sister told her that she did not have a mean bone in her body

I have been stewing about this since I read it last night. The fact that she has the gall to go to a women's retreat, after her little tantrum over them, just makes me so angry. 

Do the women in the chat room ever question her hypocrisy? Did anybody write "I am surprised you went to a retreat, considering your feelings on them."? I guess they are afraid of getting kicked out if they question the queen. 

Lori is unbelievable!! 

47 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I have been stewing about this since I read it last night. The fact that she has the gall to go to a women's retreat, after her little tantrum over them, just makes me so angry. 

Do the women in the chat room ever question her hypocrisy? Did anybody write "I am surprised you went to a retreat, considering your feelings on them."? I guess they are afraid of getting kicked out if they question the queen. 

Lori is unbelievable!! 

Counting down to her post on the horrible offenses that women commit at women's retreats.  She must have decided she needs some new gossip to bitch about since she's run the current topics into the ground recently.

I am trying to find the post where she talks about how she'd go to women's retreats and then come home mad at Ken.  Naturally, the retreat was to blame, and not Lori. 

I think her real beef with retreats is that she's never been asked to speak at one.

In January, she posted the following quote by Timothy Hammon's:

There is no call for women to be leading large masses of women in Bible studies, or at conferences, or any other such notion. According to the passage in Titus, and the way God created women, they are to be at home serving their husbands.” 

She followed up by saying:

He is right. There is not one woman in the entire Bible that did what many popular Christian women are doing today since women are called to be keepers at home.

Later in the comments:

I was never taught godly submission, modesty, or being a keeper at home at any retreat or Bible study either. I didn’t enjoy retreats much either

I am thinking her other diatribe on women's retreats was a notebook doodle, and I haven't the patience to look through those.

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

I seem to recall Phyllis Schlafly saying something like “Sexual harassment is rarely a problem for ‘virtuous women’”(probable translation: covered from head to toe, and in the kitchen).

If she honestly believes that then I'm glad I passed up the chance to attend one of her bible studies. 

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

I seem to recall Phyllis Schlafly saying something like “Sexual harassment is rarely a problem for ‘virtuous women’”(probable translation: covered from head to toe, and in the kitchen).

Oh, fuck, Phyllis Schlafey, she was my way or the highway.  She was a friend of my mothers and my less sanctified brother referred to her as Syphilis Flashly.  Mom also gave all of her 9 children a subscription to "Fidelity" magazine which he referred to as High Fidelity.

@Carol  We need Syphllis Flashly stories, please    :my_shy:

I always thought PS was such a judgmental bitch that I figured she had no friends, so I'm surprised your mother was one.

I really and truly hated her and her hypocrisy of having a legal career and a career going around telling women they couldn't have a career.  Also her homophobia given that her son is gay.

Edited to add:  I'm sure Lori loved her. Takes a mean girl to know a mean girl.

Today's post is brought to you by the Horse of Truth. Once again he rides in to mansplain.

"If you choose to work, try to work part-time, and see if you can't have grandma, or some godly woman be a surrogate mom to your kids while you are away from home. Prayerfully ask the Lord to allow you to get home where you have been called when you have young children."

The Alexander's pool is beginning to get a little muddy. This feels like a direct response to the discussion we had about their DIL working.

Here's a novel idea Ken, if a godly woman can watch the kids, how about good old DAD? 

Not to mention, Lori has come out strongly against mothers working even part-time, AND against leaving the kids with grandparents or other relatives. Children REQUIRE their mothers 24/7; a few hours a week with Grandma is not Biblical and will damage them forever. 

I don't think they even try to get their stories straight.

@SuperNova  Children only need their mothers.  Dads are not needed.  Children do not need to spend time with their fathers.

Husbands/ fathers have only one role -- to be the provider/ sole breadwinner and work 2-3 jobs to allow the mother to be home with the children 24/7.  Because children only need their mothers.

If working 2-3 jobs causes the father to drop dead from stress and/or overwork at a young age this is not a problem. Because as a provider he, of course, provided via his 2-3 jobs the means for the mother to remain at home.  Because children only need their mothers.  They do not need to spend time with their fathers ....... ever.

And really when could they as the fathers are always gone -- working those 2-3 jobs so the children can spend time with their mothers.  The only parent they need to spend time with ..... ever

[Insert massive eye roll here]

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@Carol  We need Syphllis Flashly stories, please    :my_shy:

I always thought PS was such a judgmental bitch that I figured she had no friends, so I'm surprised your mother was one.

I really and truly hated her and her hypocrisy of having a legal career and a career going around telling women they couldn't have a career.  Also her homophobia given that her son is gay.

Edited to add:  I'm sure Lori loved her. Takes a mean girl to know a mean girl.

I met her when she came here to give a pro-life talk.  She and my mom helped write the Republican platform when Reagan was the nominee for president and they corresponded regularly.

She came here 30+ years ago to give a pro-life talk.  I was with 4 of my sisters and mom dragged all of us up to her and introduced us before the talk.  Now, mind you, I was even more than a little shit, then, than I am today(I actually feel guilty writing some of this).  The two least ladylike, but most enlightened(me and my younger sister) sat behind her in a bench window where no one else was sitting and were making remarks about her under our breath.  We critiqued her hair, her clothes and the hair and clothes of everyone who spoke after her.  We were particularly piqued that one of the speakers was wearing white shoes before Memorial Day.  One speaker wore a dress that was completely out of style and dowdy( I believe she was an early fundie).   We were absolute masters at not moving our lips and were both trying to make each other laugh.  It was hard to hold still but I think we got away with it.

I, like you, resented her for her views but, even more so, that our mom payed her more attention than she did any of her children.  I hated the whole pro-life movement because it seemed to be all my mom talked about.  The truth is that I was jealous of Phyllis.  Now I recall all this and feel somewhat guilty about it.  I got to know my mom a lot better in her later years and have to say that she surprised me more than once with her observations about me.  I came to understand she really did love me and that I overlooked those times just to keep my anger intact. 

Rough lesson, but well deserved.     

Yes, some of what Ken is saying directly contradicts the extremity of Lori's message.  He has admitted in the past that they disagree about certain issues (or at least the severity of their take on things). 

I bet it infuriates her, when he gets on her blog and tells her readers something that flies in the face of the rules she has already set for them.  I think he does it to get under her skin.   

If ever two people deserved each other...

5 hours ago, Koala said:

I am trying to find the post where she talks about how she'd go to women's retreats and then come home mad at Ken.  Naturally, the retreat was to blame, and not Lori. 

I think her real beef with retreats is that she's never been asked to speak at one.

Here you are: From May 10th 2017

FJ Lori 100517_fb.jpg

I think Lori went home from the retreat and acted like a bitch because she didn't want to go home at all. She has made no secret of the fact that she never loved Ken. She has been quite open about her lack of enjoyment in her own children. She didn't want to go home to the very people she spent her days trying to avoid, so she took her unhappiness out on Ken and pretended it was all about the house and the kids. 

She will never understand that her behavior and her marriage are far from normal. She is just so self-centered that she believes if she can't act like a decent human being, no woman can. 

And if there should be a situation where a dad spends any time alone with his kids, he’s just “babysitting.”

45 minutes ago, smittykins said:

And if there should be a situation where a dad spends any time alone with his kids, he’s just “babysitting.”

Yep. My mom taught us we were never to expect help with even so much as a diaper change. Because babiezzz were "our job." Infuriates me to this day

I think she forgets that she made the choice to be mean to them. Women's retreats like sermons aren't gonna be about the same thing. Anyone who's been in church long enough has learned a lesson on loving your neighbor (I.e your husband) it doesn't take a talk on submission to learn that. I've seen plenty of egal couples act very loving to each other through mutual submission. I wasn't taught a lot on submission when I was younger but I was taught to show respect, love, and kindness to everyone when possible. 

Is it just me, or do others find Kathleen's comment (on the nudity on beaches post on Lori's blog) creepy?  Why is she so threatened by teenagers and young women in a bikini? And why is her husband looking at them? Why should her husband "not be seeing his nieces bodies like that"? Is he a creep?

I'm sorry, maybe it's my personal experiences that are shaping my reaction to that comment, but reading it made me shiver. It gave me the creeps. It was just gross.

Of course, it's perfectly possible that Kathleen's husband is normal and not uncomfortable seeing young women/his nieces in bikinis and the problem is Kathleen, but she really makes him out to be some kind of creep.

@KDA, you are not alone in reading it that way! I changed my nephew's diapers, for ween's sake, I'm not going to feel weird if I see them (teenagers now) shirtless at the pool.

Kathleen is making her husband sounds like a world-class lech. 

10 minutes ago, KDA said:

Is it just me, or do others find Kathleen's comment (on the nudity on beaches post on Lori's blog) creepy?  Why is she so threatened by teenagers and young women in a bikini? And why is her husband looking at them? Why should her husband "not be seeing his nieces bodies like that"? Is he a creep?

I'm sorry, maybe it's my personal experiences that are shaping my reaction to that comment, but reading it made me shiver. It gave me the creeps. It was just gross.

Of course, it's perfectly possible that Kathleen's husband is normal and not uncomfortable seeing young women/his nieces in bikinis and the problem is Kathleen, but she really makes him out to be some kind of creep.

I've heard phrases like this a lot coming from really conservative church groups. I've heard stories of moms telling their daughters that they have to wear bras to bed, even while sleeping because they don't want to show anything to their fathers or brothers. If that doesn't make the dad and brothers sound creepy I don't know what does. 

8 hours ago, Koala said:

Later in the comments:

I was never taught godly submission, modesty, or being a keeper at home at any retreat or Bible study either. I didn’t enjoy retreats much either

I'm sure this came as a shock to Lori when attending these retreats, but there are OTHER verses in the Bible.  Whole chapters, even.  In fact, virtually the entirety of the bible is about stuff other than her "pet" topics.  Another shock for her, some women have interests that differ from hers. They want to understand the bible in context, something that never crosses Lori's simple brain.

6 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

If working 2-3 jobs causes the father to drop dead from stress and/or overwork at a young age this is not a problem. Because as a provider he, of course, provided via his 2-3 jobs the means for the mother to remain at home.

Don't forget how the church will also magically be able to provide for the widow to continue staying at home indefinitely! :my_angel:

Instead of, you know, doing something realistically charitable, like giving her spiritual and financial support until she can sort things out and find a job. 

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived