IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

Did Lori actually write today's post about women ministers?  It doesn't sound like her; it doesn't sound like Ken either.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the saddest thing about some homeschoolers. Some do a great job and send them to the local community college for such classes or send them to public school for some classes but sadly, many just don't bother. 

Which is fine, but then you are not homeschooling anymore. You are going to school.

From her post today:

Everything we need for life and godliness are in God’s perfect LIVING Word. 

So why are you still blogging? Why do you keep referring to diverse commentators "of old"? 

We don’t twist the Word of God to make it say what we want it to say. We don’t hear a “new and improved” word from the Lord. No, our delight is in His Word.

Stop teaching things that aren't clearly stated in the Bible and stop twisting and manipulating God's word.  Your whole blog is one massive twist!

@Koala interesting about the book review and that she picked that review. That review is not even a "VERIFIED PURCHASE" review! Interesting again how VP only matters on negative reviews.

The last verified purchase review was back in June. She didn't pick that one, I wonder if it is because the reader said they are Catholic.

So for anyone wanting to know the review mentioned by Koala here it is (ignore the highlights, I was searching for the review Koala mentioned and I couldn't get it to un-highlight when I took the screenshot):

Spoiler

59e4d154b6769_LAreview1.thumb.JPG.cd1ca7efd63a88fbb745d6547ab67d14.JPG

And the most recent verified purchase review - I highlighted where it says verified.

Spoiler

59e4d1ad486ed_lAreview2.thumb.JPG.ca847448b52a788371544fb2da8887da.JPG

I call bull on Lori actually valuing the word of God because of the way she constantly misuses Bible verses. She's spouting the whole women are more easily deceived and more emotional. I did a quick search of scripture and didn't find a single verse that implies women are more easily or more emotional. Some talk about being the weaker sex, but that wasn't connected to emotion. Emotions aren't a weakness anyways. When talking about women not being leaders in the church, Eve's deception is mention. But it does not say all women are the ones deceived. In fact, 2 Corinthians 11:3 uses the example of Eve to apply to both men and women.  I do welcome correction so if there is a Bible verse feel free to tell me!

I as a woman, am not incredibly emotional. I'm generally calm and even tempered. I'm also not someone who is easily angered. Annoyed yes, actual anger, no. I know plenty of women who are like this. I know plenty of guys who are much more emotionally expressive than me. I'm also an INTJ if you life personality types. So I tend to like knowledge, facts, and rational thoughts. Well Lori, if you are reading this, what do you do with the woman who completely goes against everything you claim women to be? 

She's trying so hard to go VIRAL or at least be more recognised. Sadly I don't think anyone's going to listen to her who isn't part of her fan club.

@Sarah92 I also am even tempered- and I’m an INTJ also :) And quite honestly, while I wouldn’t say that the majority of women I know have the same score, I would say the majority are generally even tempered and intentional. My church has a female pastor, and quite honestly, you can see God’s hand in it. 

I don’t react based on feelings- I think that’s just my personality but certainly the  19 years i spent in public child welfare (foster care, adoption, cps) has honed those skills. 

And I can assure you that God has spoken to me. I’m mobile now but will post later tonight if I have a chance. 

I don’t understand her “teaching”- all she seems to do is call out people for what she perceives as wrong. It’s like she has no ability to dig deeper. 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Well Lori, if you are reading this, what do you do with the woman who completely goes against everything you claim women to be? 

That's the thing- She has posted extensively about how unemotional she is, yet she also insists that women battle is their emotional nature.  She's made dozens of posts about it.

I don't know if she's contradicting herself because she's just not very smart, or if she's trying to point out that she's much too godly to be like other women.

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

I call bull on Lori actually valuing the word of God because of the way she constantly misuses Bible verses. She's spouting the whole women are more easily deceived and more emotional. I did a quick search of scripture and didn't find a single verse that implies women are more easily or more emotional. Some talk about being the weaker sex, but that wasn't connected to emotion. Emotions aren't a weakness anyways. When talking about women not being leaders in the church, Eve's deception is mention. But it does not say all women are the ones deceived. In fact, 2 Corinthians 11:3 uses the example of Eve to apply to both men and women.  I do welcome correction so if there is a Bible verse feel free to tell me!

I think you're right. The Bible doesn't teach that women are more easily deceived, or that husbands/fathers are the heads of their families or households, or that  a wife is to submit to her husband's leadership or authority.... she teaches one interpretation of a small handful of Scriptures and is too afraid  or arrogant in her opinion to tolerate the possibility that other interpretations may be valid too. 

She calls Sarah Young a false teacher, even though the Book "Jesus Calling" is theologically pretty accurate.  The fruit of Jesus Calling is people reading the Bible and trusting Jesus. The fruit of Lori's ministry is self-righteous bashing of everyone who doesn't live like Lori thinks they ought to.  I own the first book. Reading it helps me focus on Jesus. Reading Lori makes me angry and argumentative.   It's not because Sarah tells me what I want to hear, rather, she encourages me to draw closer to Jesus.  We know Lori doesn't think much of that, but Jesus encourages drawing near to Him and trusting Him. He said the Holy Spirit would teach us, comfort us and guide us.  Who do you think I'd rather listen to? 

Highlights from the podcast:

-She clarifies right out of the gate that her children are all "walking in TRUTH".  (She doesn't mention that one of them is also walking in yoga pants, but whatever... I do wonder if she would agree that other women can dress immodestly and still be walking in truth.)

Side note: She has a very distracting/annoying little laugh that she tries to work into every other sentence during videos/interviews.  It makes her sound incoherent, and totally drives me up the wall.  I think she does it to come off less evil, but it falls short.  Way short.

-She talks about Ken telling her their marriage was just a partnership, and it being a turning point.

-She sometimes goes up to women and asks if she can mentor them.

-They talk about how ill Lori was, how unnecessary dates are, and the host brags about how rarely she and her husband go out.

-If you have a critical husband, maybe it's because you aren't "taking care of him".

-The host asks about women who are married, but can't have children.  Lori talks about the olden days when women were fired once they married.  She says it's wonderful if they can just be home full-time because cooking and cleaning.  She concludes, "Home is where the heart is!"

Host brags that her daughter married and stayed home without kids.  Lori neglects to mention that both of her daughters (who "walk in TRUTH") worked after marriage.

-Lori said that women weren't created mentally, emotionally, or physically to work (no scripture...just because reasons...)

She just randomly will approach women, like at a store, and say "hey you look like you need some mentoring, what do you say"?? Is that how it came across?

If Ken said their marriage is a partnership that sounds a lot like equality. 

I guess that is the sounding bell for others who have read the book and had negative things to say to speak up. You know Lori, if you would have just left this in God's hand like you said you were going to your book might really take off. I sometimes forget about the book but everytime she does that, I think it makes her critics want to come back that much louder. 

Lori:

Selling books is not that important to me at all...

Okay, let's look at her actions to see if they match that assertions:

- In that past, she has made numerous posts about her book.  

-In the past, she has made posts about the negative reviews her book has received. 

-In the past she has gone toe to toe with Amazon reviewers, first leaving them long winded replies, then deleting her replies.  She has tried to get the contact information for a woman who left a negative review.

-In the past, she has complained to Amazon about unverified purchase reviews.

-In the past, she has asked fangirls to leave her a 5 star review, whether they've read her book or not.

-In the past she has posted reviews that reflect the proper amount of star worship to her FB page and blog.

-The other day , I mentioned on FJ that negative reviews continue to trickle in (I have never left a review for the book, just to be clear).

-Yesterday, Lori posted a 5 star review (from July) to FB.

-Today, Lori made a blog post trashing Sara Young (again).

-Today, Lori whined that she was down to 2 stars on Amazon (not that she cares), and asked readers to go and leave positive reviews for her (even though she doesn't care one little bit about book sales).

Yeah...I would definitely say this doesn't seem important to her at all. 

The result?  She got two positive reviews, which happen to be the first two she's received since July 25th.  Everything else since has been 1 star.  The Power of a Transformed Wife now has 2.5 stars.

She has to force positive reviews out of people. Would these people do it if she didn't ask? One is from "Ryan". LOL.

Begging for reviews? That's cringy with a side of second hand embarrassment. But, you know, she doesn't care or anything. Except that she does. Oh. By the way, did you know she went viral?

6 hours ago, Frog99 said:

@Sarah92 I also am even tempered- and I’m an INTJ also :) And quite honestly, while I wouldn’t say that the majority of women I know have the same score, I would say the majority are generally even tempered and intentional. My church has a female pastor, and quite honestly, you can see God’s hand in it. 

I don’t react based on feelings- I think that’s just my personality but certainly the  19 years i spent in public child welfare (foster care, adoption, cps) has honed those skills. 

And I can assure you that God has spoken to me. I’m mobile now but will post later tonight if I have a chance. 

I don’t understand her “teaching”- all she seems to do is call out people for what she perceives as wrong. It’s like she has no ability to dig deeper. 

Yeah! fellow INTJ! Yes, most women regardless of personality types aren't these crazy bundle of emotions that Lori and others like her seem to imply. Even those who are more emotional are still perfectly capable of rational thought. In fact, I appreciate those who are more emotionally expressive, be it man or woman, because sometimes they are able to say what I am unable to and are willing to be there when I need emotional support. God created emotions and they are meant to be a beautiful part of us. They are sometimes distorted but there is still so much beauty in the logical and emotional processes of the human being.

And yes! While I was not in that situation, which sounds like a very hard one to go through btw, I recognize some of my personality was influenced by things going on in my family that "required" me to be the even-tempered calm one that people could rely on for support. 

And I'd love to hear how God has spoken to you if you get the chance.

6 hours ago, Koala said:

That's the thing- She has posted extensively about how unemotional she is, yet she also insists that women battle is their emotional nature.  She's made dozens of posts about it.

I don't know if she's contradicting herself because she's just not very smart, or if she's trying to point out that she's much too godly to be like other women.

And I think the second guess might be it. I used to play that game. Its the whole "I'm not like other women who are so dramatic game". Or I've been told that I think like a man in that I tend to place a high value on facts and logic. Therefore, I had the impression that you couldn't be emotional and logical. That all changed when A. I realized guys can be just as dramatic if not more so than women. and B. Logic and facts are not owned by the male brain. So as I posted on another blog, "my thought processes and emotions are mine and I am a female."

In fact, in my opinion, and based off of how I understand thought process, its often faulty thoughts (i.e. "everyone hates me") that lead us to make poor decisions (i.e "because everyone hates me I'm not going to talk to anyone"). Thoughts influence emotions and emotions influence thoughts. It seems really impossible to separate emotions and thoughts in the decision-making process unless you're a robot. 

I would suspect that Lori may have been overly emotional in the past, and by smothering her feelings killed them entirely....but frankly I can't imagine her having an honest, genuine emotion in her life, unless you count her superiority complex.  

6 hours ago, onemama said:

I think you're right. The Bible doesn't teach that women are more easily deceived, or that husbands/fathers are the heads of their families or households, or that  a wife is to submit to her husband's leadership or authority.... she teaches one interpretation of a small handful of Scriptures and is too afraid  or arrogant in her opinion to tolerate the possibility that other interpretations may be valid too. 

She calls Sarah Young a false teacher, even though the Book "Jesus Calling" is theologically pretty accurate.  The fruit of Jesus Calling is people reading the Bible and trusting Jesus. The fruit of Lori's ministry is self-righteous bashing of everyone who doesn't live like Lori thinks they ought to.  I own the first book. Reading it helps me focus on Jesus. Reading Lori makes me angry and argumentative.   It's not because Sarah tells me what I want to hear, rather, she encourages me to draw closer to Jesus.  We know Lori doesn't think much of that, but Jesus encourages drawing near to Him and trusting Him. He said the Holy Spirit would teach us, comfort us and guide us.  Who do you think I'd rather listen to? 

Unfortunately, you are correct in that she only teaches a small portion of Scripture, although I agree with the other stuff as well! As I've said before I can tolerate,  but not agree with, the idea of submission if done in a loving way. However, her version places a huge burden on women to meet these high standards. A good teacher will engage with other ideas and consider them. It makes me reflect back on high school. My English teacher was quite liberal but she allowed for the more conservative students to write against abortion and evolution if they wanted to.  She would still do her best to be fair and grade them based on their writing and research even if she didn't agree. Did she ever change her mind? Probably not, but she still engaged with the material. 

I haven't read that book yet but have heard many good things about it. I can see why many would choose a book that brings peace rather than the anger than Lori's writing brings. I added Jesus calling to Amazon cart today. 

@Koala it seems we spoke too soon. 4 new 5-star reviews have now been posted. 2 are from men, I thought she didn't teach men... hmmm

2 are verified, one from Ryan. Which, IIRC, is her son's name. The person named Ryan has reviewed many, many, many female items. 

:hello: @Ken 

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived