IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the problem arises because Lori wants to dish out advice about two totally different worlds. She moves between one world and the other, and forgets the rules of each.

There's the I-am-a-rich-lady-who-obsesses-about-health-and-has-little-else-to-do world. That's where today's instagram post came from. She's rich, she's idle, she has a privacy fence, and she has plenty of time to obsess about "natural" ways to get vitamin D (I just take a vitamin, myself). When she's in this world, she has forgotten that while she sunbathes nearly nude in the late afternoon, most of her followers are preparing dinner for their big families while their littles get in their way.

That's why she can post pictures of $100 cookie ingredients. Or $70 skirts or $200 worth of buzzword-filled skin care products. During most of her day, her time is dedicated to making purchases like these, or talking about such purchases with ladies just like her ("I just found the greatest flaxseed!") She knows her followers are mostly poor but sometimes her pride in her "healthy dishes" or "health tips" overflows and she mentions these things anyway.

Lori's other world is the I'm-the-godly-teacher world. When she's in that world, she knows to emphasize her frugality, her disdain of worldly things, her "simple" life.

Just now, Carol said:

I hope someone with a drone gets a closeup of her white ass and publishes it.

Oh my god. Yes, please. I could die happy. 

(Also, love the thread title, @Coconut Flan!)

I get my vitamin D by busting my ass being a farm girl for a local nursery. Mr. EW doesn't get to work outside and he misses the sun so much. 

I hate her. She knows nothing about anything. I was thinking about her and her spoiled ass tonight while trying to research "how to massage", trying to make my own massage oil, and figuring out how to rub down Mr. EW (who was so stove up from work that he was darn close to tears.) No $$ for a real massage but he said I did darn good and he could breath again. 

8 hours ago, Carol said:

I hope someone with a drone gets a closeup of her white ass and publishes it.

If she sunbathes daily, it may well be as tan and leathery as her face. :puke-front: (Sorry. That was totally BEC.)

Every time one of these Lori threads begins anew I think “I’m going to stay caught up with this one.” 

And then, much like my New Year’s Resolutions, I utterly fail. 

From yesterday's post in comments:

This was written by a woman in the chat room and I asked her if I could make it into a post a few months ago so I have forgotten who wrote it! 

Dorothy W. David

My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's at age 51, 9 yrs ago, and is disabled. I have to work and am going back to school, there are no kids or grandkids to fall back on. We're blessed to have a house and car that are paid for.

The Transformed Wife 

I'm sorry, Dorothy. My neighbor is in the same situation but her husband is much older. She is exhausted continually and it's so hard on her. Is there no way for you to find a way to make money from home?

At least she says she is sorry, but why does she need to work from home? There are no kids. There is nothing you can do from home that will generate a solid full time salary, especially one needed for a lot of medical expenses. And she probably  needs to work for insurance for her husband more than anything. 

Another condescending remark from Mark Kristina

Daycare costs are outrageous! Someone needs to give them a budget class because I don’t know if they are doing the math

And here is the Lindy Bitch again. 

image.png.ca9773a59d15e0eb8763c1dd32f5f019.png

These comments that I shared on the last thread are now gone

shandasmith.PNG.05b34886f4fbd02ff17e7dbd6ac9aa08.PNG

Am I understanding this correctly? She tells a reader that she cannot remember who wrote the post? 

At the beginning of the post, she clearly writes that the author wishes to remain anonymous. Which is it? 

I know! She can't remember who wrote it but she DOES remember that the person wants to remain anonymous. Yeah, that's it. 

IMG_8659.PNG

(What happened to this thread title??  Make it go back to Tudor! Please?)

@Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

(What happened to this thread title??  Make it go back to Tudor! Please?)

Yes! Spelling it 'Tudor' was what made the title so great! Please change it back! :pb_lol:

The fact that she sunbathes each day, and doesn't believe in sunscreen, explains a lot.  Her facial skin is much more leathery and wrinkly than it should be at her age, and makes her look much older.  My guess is that she is just laying on her stomach now due to the fact that she totally ruined her face by sunbathing regularly without protection when she was younger.  And since she had a nanny, housekeeper, etc., she may have even had the opportunity to do it daily even when her kids were young.  She's mentioned that she had to rest regularly when the kids were little - she may have been resting on the outside lounger - it probably was just her excuse to justify it with the kids around.

Regarding the millennial vs baby boomer discussion at the end of the prior discussion in Lori 30 (hard to believe we are in Lori 31 now!) - I am a Gen X'er, so I am in the middle, but our numbers are much smaller.  Not many people have a lot of money in the beginning, unless they have wealthy and generous parents.  Once a person has worked for awhile, it usually gets better, barring any extenuating circumstances (shit sometimes happens).  When I was in my early 20's, I thought that I would never have enough money for any extras, but I scrimped and saved, became more settled in my career, and my income finally increased.  However, the issue that I think is affecting the millennials the most is the drastically increasing cost of college tuition.  The price has gotten way out of hand.  That affects everyone.  I have two teenagers, and we are trying to figure out how to finance their college in a few years.  We want to pay as much as possible to avoid them having to take out big loans, but it's hard.  The annual projected costs for their desired in-state public university is around $30,000 a year (includes room and board, etc).  So $30,000 times 4 years times 2 kids is a hellish number for anyone, and that doesn't even include grad school (my oldest wants to go to med school).  The cost of going out of state or to a private university must be astounding.  We have been putting money aside for tuition, but not nearly this much.  We may be inheriting some family money soon on my husband's side, and originally we thought that we would use it towards retirement, but we might have to use it for tuition instead.  Financial experts like to say that you can finance college but you can't finance retirement, so it's a hard decision, and we don't want to be a burden on our kids when we are older.  Either way, the rising cost affects us all.  

11 hours ago, Hisey said:

I think the problem arises because Lori wants to dish out advice about two totally different worlds. She moves between one world and the other, and forgets the rules of each.

I didn't quote the entire post for brevity, but @Hisey I think this is a good explanation about why Lori does what she does.

I also think there's something to the theory that Lori and Ken stay together because divorce would be too serious of an economic impact to both of them.  Lori won't work and at this point in her life  would not be able to hold down a job (out of the workforce too long combined with her personal delusion that she is always learning, she would be an employer's worst nightmare) and Ken would take a serious financial hit.  So they carry on, while they treat each other like shit.

If Lori ever found a job she'd be fired for harassing all the working mothers with children at home. Or poison them with this salad dressing I keep reading about .

Also fun fact if it hasn't been mentioned before, I know that group likes to romanticize the 50s housewife. Well when I looked it up, about 1/3 of the women at that time were in the workforce. I don't think Loti realizes that. I'm gonna guess many of these women needed to work or their family would be in trouble. Women were working years before that in factories,sweat shops, and as maids. They didn't do it for fun (probably) they did it for their family. So we (they) can stop maintaining this romanticized version of mothers from a bygone era.

18 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

If Lori ever found a job she'd be fired for harassing all the working mothers with children at home. Or poison them with this salad dressing I keep reading about .

Also fun fact if it hasn't been mentioned before, I know that group likes to romanticize the 50s housewife. Well when I looked it up, about 1/3 of the women at that time were in the workforce. I don't think Loti realizes that. I'm gonna guess many of these women needed to work or their family would be in trouble. Women were working years before that in factories,sweat shops, and as maids. They didn't do it for fun (probably) they did it for their family. So we (they) can stop maintaining this romanticized version of mothers from a bygone era.

I grew up in an era where most women were SAHMs, but knew a few kids in school whose mothers worked and it was always to support the family, it was not just to simply have a career and something to do.  Some of the moms were widowed or divorced but there were a number of married women with working husbands in the mix.

ETA: my mom eventually went back to school and the workforce.  Once we were all in school, she was climbing the walls just staying at home plus when inflation hit in the 70's suddenly my dad's paycheck wasn't going as far.  She insisted on going back mainly for financial reasons but it was also because she couldn't see sitting at home when she could contribute to the family income.  But that wouldn't be Lori, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

ETA: my mom eventually went back to school and the workforce.  Once we were all in school, she was climbing the walls just staying at home plus when inflation hit in the 70's suddenly my dad's paycheck wasn't going as far.  She insisted on going back mainly for financial reasons but it was also because she couldn't see sitting at home when she could contribute to the family income.  But that wouldn't be Lori, that's for sure.

My mother was a SAHM for most of mine and my sister's childhood. Which was great!  She eventually returned to work when I was in my teens. Since we were grown she didn't see any sense in not working plus financial reasons. We were also taught to do our own parts so there wasn't as much for her to do when she got off of work. Now that both of us are out the the house and my dad is retired there really isn't any reason for her not to work if she wants to. My father definitely isn't neglected lol. 

Lori's post from today just seems odd.  She claims only OLDER women should be teaching and that it should be only WOMEN that they teach.  The author of the post from today is supposedly 17 (young).  And it seems to be written to Christians in general, not just women.  Also seems quite... dogmatic.  I dont know.  Thoughts?

7 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

From yesterday's post in comments:

Dorothy W. David

The Transformed Wife 

At least she says she is sorry, but why does she need to work from home? There are no kids. There is nothing you can do from home that will generate a solid full time salary, especially one needed for a lot of medical expenses. And she probably  needs to work for insurance for her husband more than anything. 

Another condescending remark from Mark Kristina

And here is the Lindy Bitch again. 

image.png.ca9773a59d15e0eb8763c1dd32f5f019.png

These comments that I shared on the last thread are now gone

shandasmith.PNG.05b34886f4fbd02ff17e7dbd6ac9aa08.PNG

I'm not surprised that those comments are gone. A couple of days back there was a similar comment from a woman with four kids whose husband left her and she was working to support them

Oh boy ...here we go again...

2 hours ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

Lori's post from today just seems odd.  She claims only OLDER women should be teaching and that it should be only WOMEN that they teach.  The author of the post from today is supposedly 17 (young).  And it seems to be written to Christians in general, not just women.  Also seems quite... dogmatic.  I dont know.  Thoughts?

That's a very good point! 

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Yeah, she would definitely create a hostile work environment.

Lori's views of the 1950s and other past eras are pretty much based on whatever mommy tells her or Hallmark movies.  She has a history of ignoring statistics and other details about past eras.

10 hours ago, littlemommy said:

Every time one of these Lori threads begins anew I think “I’m going to stay caught up with this one.” 

And then, much like my New Year’s Resolutions, I utterly fail. 

I know.  They go fast, don't they. 

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

Yeah, she would definitely create a hostile work environment.

Lori's views of the 1950s and other past eras are pretty much based on whatever mommy tells her or Hallmark movies.  She has a history of ignoring statistics and other details about past eras.

My grandma was a house wife in the 50's.  One of her neighbors hung herself in the basement one winter.  Another woman get fed up with crap and she just up and left.  But the 50's were all sunshine and daisies for house wives.  

My great aunt worked outside the home.  My aunt (my moms SIL) also worked outside the home early in their marriage (they were married in 1958).  I think even my great-grandma also worked outside the home (even though my great-grandpa made a very good living).  The women in my family have pretty much always worked (granted some worked on a farm but most worked away from the home).  My mother and my aunt were the first to actually be home with the children.  But, since the street my mom grew up on was loaded with family, it wasn't a problem with who would watch the kids.

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

If I would try to do what this woman does, my family would probably suffer. However I know women with so much drive and energy that they can pull it off and still cook, clean, help with homework, read stories and bath and comb their kids. I am learning people really do have very different levels of energy and organizational capabilities and and that we should allow for those differences. It goes the other way as well. In my current family setting, please don’t expect me to get a full-time job. I work free-lance from home and do some volunteer stuff, but I could not do a nine to five without putting unreasonable strain on my kids and getting seriously sleep deprived. They need me home right now and I need an occasional cat nap in the daytime to manage! We are all so different, at different stages with kids at different ages, different health situations and support networks, that we can’t make generalizations about how a random woman should divide  home and work duties in order to keep her family healthy and happy.

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived