IGNORED

Sierra - Strawberries, Duggars, Strawberries

samurai_sarah

Sierra gives birth in hospitals, so I imagine that she is getting proper medical care. She may be pregnant a lot but she seems to make good decisions. Now if we are going to talk about getting rid of baby stuff when she has many fertile years before her, we can discuss her bad decisions. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Sierra gives birth in hospitals, so I imagine that she is getting proper medical care. She may be pregnant a lot but she seems to make good decisions. Now if we are going to talk about getting rid of baby stuff when she has many fertile years before her, we can discuss her bad decisions. 

Does she make good decisions?  I thought she had ovarian cyst syndrome and nearly died with the last baby?  If so then its great she is going to a hospital, but it might be better if she didn't continue having kids.

30 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Does she make good decisions?  I thought she had ovarian cyst syndrome and nearly died with the last baby?  If so then its great she is going to a hospital, but it might be better if she didn't continue having kids.

I've never heard anything remotely like this... she's said that she has PCOS, but I've never heard that PCOS puts you at greater risk for serious pregnancy complications, just that it makes getting pregnant harder (I could be wrong about that, though). I definitely don't recall her 'almost dying' during her last birth, but I fully admit that I don't pay that much attention to her. Anyone know?

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I've never heard anything remotely like this... she's said that she has PCOS, but I've never heard that PCOS puts you at greater risk for serious pregnancy complications, just that it makes getting pregnant harder (I could be wrong about that, though). I definitely don't recall her 'almost dying' during her last birth, but I fully admit that I don't pay that much attention to her. Anyone know?

I have PCOS and was vaguely aware via my doctor that if I ever became pregnant, there was a good chance I would need elevated care because of my PCOS.  I didn't know exactly what complications PCOS causes, so I looked it up:

Women with PCOS are at higher risk for pregnancy and delivery complications. These include a three-fold increase in miscarriage risk in early pregnancy compared to women without PCOS, gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy) which can lead to large babies, preeclampsia which is characterized by sudden elevated blood pressure and body swelling after the 20th week of pregnancy, preterm birth, and C-section delivery.

Diabetes during pregnancy is a concern many women with PCOS must face. The following information is published with permission from the Hormone Health Network, the public education arm of the Endocrine Society. It has been extracted from the Diabetes and Pregnancy patient guide.

From Here: http://www.pcosaa.org/pcos-pregnancy-and-delivery-complications/

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I got that from wtffundiefamilies.  Here is the link they had to her statement.  

http://wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/168293989380/keepingupwithfundies-ugh-another-gem-i-found

I have PCOS and I didn’t know there were risks once you managed to get pregnant (took us five years). But I did have an early misscarriage in my first pregnancy and suspected preeclampsia in my second. Didn’t get any special care though, except for many check ups in the end. 

Haemorrhaging maybe? Something like what happened to Jessa with Spurgeon but more severe? IDK I'm not a PCOS/pregnancy expert

I think she's listing two separate factors that make her extra super grateful for this baby: PCOS (assuming that's what she means?) and nearly dying last time. I don't think she's implying a causality although it reads that way.

I have PCOS myself and it makes sense that it could cause pre-eclampsia and GD. I've never seen or been given any info that suggested it endangered pregnancy in other ways.  I'm going to be charitable and say that perhaps her last delivery was a scary one-off and she's been told there is no additional risk to this one...

I just can't get over the whole "I ALMOST DIED BUT YAYYYY I GET TO EXPERIENCE THIS AGAIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN!111!1!!!!1!!!!1!!!11!" thing.

In a recent Instagram live thing (I don't know how I keep managing to catch her on Instagram live - how often is she doing these things if I'm always seeing them? What was the point of switching to a flip phone if she's just using her husband's iPhone all the time anyway?) when asked how many children she wanted, she said 'however many is wise'. I thought that was somewhat interesting. It would seem to imply that she's open, at least, to limiting her family size. She also said that they're homeschooling for now but may send their kids to public school in the future. Or maybe private school? I'm just assuming they wouldn't be able to afford it.

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

when asked how many children she wanted, she said 'however many is wise'. I thought that was somewhat interesting. It would seem to imply that she's open, at least, to limiting her family size. \

That is interesting. They didn't seem to be stopping, so I assumed that they would have as many as God wanted. Good for them if they do limit. 

She posted that it's their 9th anniversary and they are awaiting their 6th child.  She probably won't get to her 7th by 10 years but she might be preggo at least next year.  That's a lot of childbearing.  I fell like I'm stating the obvious but I wonder if this is the life she envisioned for herself 10 years ago. 

2 hours ago, JMO said:

She posted that it's their 9th anniversary and they are awaiting their 6th child.  She probably won't get to her 7th by 10 years but she might be preggo at least next year.  That's a lot of childbearing.  I fell like I'm stating the obvious but I wonder if this is the life she envisioned for herself 10 years ago. 

I can only repeat what she's said, and have no way of knowing how truthful she's being, but she's responded to questions about family size many times by saying that she's always wanted a large family.

Still no baby? Maybe it will be a Christmas miracle and be born tomorrow.  Then the poor babe will share it's birthday with Jesus. 

Still no baby? Maybe it will be a Christmas miracle and be born tomorrow.  Then the poor babe will share it's birthday with Jesus. 
I've been wondering how a Christmas baby would be treated in fundie circles. Would they get extra special attention or would their birthday be pushed aside because "Jesus first"?

Spoiler

It's been mentioned on the QfoS babies thread, but it looks like Sierra has a planned hospital delivery of some sort today. That's a relief to me, given the apparenty trouble she had with her previous birth.

As a side note, that genuinely looks like a fun evening. I loved going to places like that when I was a little kid.

Slightly off topic but since I just noticed with the boys that they have matching shirts: Is it cheaper to just get matching clothes for children or is it more of the adorable cute factor that people do it?

i can't imagine it would be cheaper to buy matching clothes, unless the store/distributor was running a sale.  but since she says she was there by herself with the kids ("just me and the babes"), it may be easier to keep track of them when they're matching.  my family does that for outings to crowded places.

9 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Slightly off topic but since I just noticed with the boys that they have matching shirts: Is it cheaper to just get matching clothes for children or is it more of the adorable cute factor that people do it?

I have four kids. I don’t see how have matching clothes would be cheaper unless one brand had a buy one get one for some % off sale going on.

I would imagine she does it because she thinks it’s cute. Personally, I try to buy my kids clothes that match their individual personalities.

Anyway if you have as many kids as she does you could just buy one shirt and hand it down multiple times.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived