IGNORED

John Shrader 14: Preparing Toilet Paper for Zambia

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

After I posted, it did occur to me that John himself might be a perusable paltry pleasure.  Yikes!

Glad I've already eaten now that thought is stuck in my head!!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John's latest update.  

T.R.E.A.S.U.R.E. - T.he R.ealization E.verything I S.pend U.ltimately R.eaches E.ternity as an eternal loss or an eternal gain.

Matt. 6:19-34

Worth thinking about.

Sorry John, that spells TRESURE. :D

Thinking about John's little vacation in Singapore and Nepal inspired this (to the tune of What a Friend We Have in Jesus):

A Texas Donor's Lament

What a fiend we have in Shrader,
All our money he did grift!
What a sacrifice to donate
Everything to John the liar!
Oh, what luxuries we do without, 
Oh, what needs we cannot meet,
All because we always donate
Everything to John the liar!

Have we damp and mold and mildew?
Was there flooding everywhere?
We should always be discouraged -
Because John asks for more than prayer.
Do we see a fiend so grasping,
Who wants our paychecks all to share?
Shrader knows our every weak spot
He takes more than we can spare.

Are we dim and really stupid,
Giving more than we can bear?
We sent John to convert the Zambians -
Not to play in Singapore.
To Nepal he then will travel 
And we are paying for all his fares.
In his greed he'll grift forever,
He won't give a damn for our welfare.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:12 PM, Howl said:

One can certainly peruse paltry pleasures on line; I would say it's one of the primary aspects of the internet. 

Methinks that the writer could offer her alliterative auspices to Brother Bombast, but only if paid prudently and pronto---

...nah.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:52 PM, Gobsmacked said:

John is a posing posturing pathetic pillock.

You, too, for the alliterative allusions to the mindset of Bro Bombast.

I've been debating whether or not I should post this or not because it is kind of personal information, but I guess it's generic enough to be non identifying. 

The husband's company sets our housing budget based upon how much it will cost for you to have a similar standard of living as you would in the west. That's based upon market rate and takes in a variety of factors including needing a generator, house size, plot size, etc. Etc.  

The budget for here is the exact same as in Zambia (I know because we have a friend from the company who has recently moved). The allowance here is $4k USD per month for a couple plus an additional $1k for each child in the family. 

We have a 4 bedroom house. It's $6k USD a month. We live in a major metro area though. Up country what we have would be like $3-4K a month. 

I still have no idea what John is paying in Kafue. This is more to say that living in this corner of Africa can be as cheap or expensive as you make it depending on what you are willing to live without. 

Well, we all know John is willing to live without NOTHING, so I'd guess he spends a fair amount...on himself at least.  Ester and the children may benefit from that incidentally, but I doubt he would really care about their wants/needs that don't impact him in some way.

Just a little note to tell y'all I'm diving into the rabbit hole of the "to sow a seed" blog introduced on page 3 of this thread.

I've never heard of these folk before - Christopher & Heather Schwarzen. Do we have a thread for them? (My phone isn't playing nicely with internet searches today so not sure ...)

Anyway, thankful for a new-to-me rabbit hole tonight. Although NOTHING can compare to the entertainment factor of last weekend's Bro Gary Weens Adventure..... Lawsamercy!!

Off to fetch popcorn and an appletini...

:popcorn2:

Well, that was quick. Not that anyone wondered, but most of what I saw was pretty boring. The Schwarzens don't appear to be guano-psychotic at first glance, other than the pretend daughter issue.

I'm falling asleep so probably will reserve the remainder of this hunt for next weekend while I'm at a 3.5 day continuing legal education seminar. Will be dying for diversions then.

'Night!

6 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

The Schwarzens don't appear to be guano-psychotic at first glance, other than the pretend daughter issue.

"Guano-psychotic." Love it! :D

No, they certainly do not seem as nuts as some.  However, I strongly dislike his sort of missionarying.  I think he must get some sort of adrenaline rush from popping in and out of closed countries smuggling his Bibles and tracts, and spreading his white man expertise among the "unreached."  It isn't clear how many risks he takes but his sort are not welcome in those countries.  I wonder if he wants to be deported again just for the publicity.

I do think the family got a massive reality check when they were booted out of Nepal.  They came home, bought a farm (literally not figuratively), and she stays at home raising the kids, including the real adopted ones, while he channels Adoniram Judson.

Here's the full quote from John's "I am not worthy" post for those who can't see his FB.  He'll be preaching 5 times in 4 days, one hopes for not more than a couple of hours each time.  Is it wrong of me to hope he gets laryngitis.

Spoiler

In Nepal. Need YOUR Prayers...

We made it safely to Nepal and the conference starts today (Sunday).

I'm truly not worthy (I'll explain at the end).

Just like the crazy picture of the power lines shows, we have a mess today regarding where we seek to get power!

Some seek the methods or mannerisms of men.

Some opine with elaborate oration.

Some project programs as the pinnacle.

There's only one source of real Biblical power for the Biblical preacher.

"And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." - I Cor. 2:1-5

This is real power.

I'll be preaching 5 times over the next 4 days.

I'm truly not worthy to preach to these men and women who have been beaten, threatened, and truly suffered and paid a very real price to follow the Lord Jesus Christ here in Nepal.

Please beloved, pray that God helps me.

34 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm truly not worthy to preach to these men and women who have been beaten, threatened, and truly suffered and paid a very real price to follow the Lord Jesus Christ here in Nepal.

well, it's been I don't know how many years, but John finally said something that I completely agree with.  I hope his presence doesn't cause more harm to these people somehow...aside from the usual pain he brings with his hours of "preaching" every day.

I can't sit through someone I want to hear speak for 3-4 hours.  I don't know how anyone makes it through any of his "sermons"

He truly isn't worthy. Spot on there John. You are not worthy of anything. Full stop.

Loving "some opine with elaborate oration". Ring any bells there John?!!!!!!

Thankyou Palimpsest, for cheering me up! I found out this weekend that my younger sister is having a CAT scan tomorrow. Possible tumour affecting her hearing. 

John is indeed unworthy.  And in spite of his fake humility - he wants to be contradicted on the "unworthiness" thing or I'll eat my hat - unworthy John is still preaching to these Nepali people.

It doesn't seem to occur to him that those "who have been beaten, threatened, and truly suffered and paid a very real price" for their faith could and should be teaching him instead.

@Gobsmacked, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.  I hope they find out what is wrong and can treat it successfully.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Some opine with elaborate oration.

Um, helloooooo, John Bro. Bombast.  Thank you to whoever coined this term for John.  Is that you, @Granwych?

John's in kind of a rough patch in his miss-ionary journey.  He needs a foreign, sufficiently exotic but English-speaking Christian country, where he can flirt with being persecuted, but with no ACTUAL persecution (i.e., no flogging, beatings, prison).  He needs to be perceived as daring and flirting with danger, flaunting the Gospel,  whilst totally safe and with all mod cons and favorite foods at his disposal.  He's already got that in Kafue, but he's botched it so badly and alienated so many people that the excuses are worn out and threadbare.  

I'm voting British Honduras or Micronesia.  I would so love it if John got to Micronesia and went native. 

16 hours ago, SPHASH said:

He is in Nepal now.  My apologies to Nepal.

Earthquakes, Derrick Dullard and now John. I feel sorry for the people of Nepal!!

My sisters CAT scan is normal. Thank goodness. Her hearing problem is puzzling but can hopefully be solved. Thankyou for the hugs and good wishes. 

On 10/15/2017 at 1:22 AM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Just a little note to tell y'all I'm diving into the rabbit hole of the "to sow a seed" blog introduced on page 3 of this thread.

I've never heard of these folk before - Christopher & Heather Schwarzen. Do we have a thread for them? (My phone isn't playing nicely with internet searches today so not sure ...)

Anyway, thankful for a new-to-me rabbit hole tonight. Although NOTHING can compare to the entertainment factor of last weekend's Bro Gary Weens Adventure..... Lawsamercy!!

Off to fetch popcorn and an appletini...

:popcorn2:

She used to have a different blog called books and bairns I think she blogged ananymously and people had blog names I think hers was Mary maybe when she switched to this one she started using real names. I tried to find the old blog but I either couldn't or it's gone, but they have been discussed here then. 

I agree that Napal was a big wake up call I don't think she liked it at all and is happy he isn't dragging her along.

Never mind found it

http://booksandbairns.blogspot.com/

Is John doing anything naughty/ interesting/ illegal right now? Any news?

After hearing Trumps ridiculous statements/ tweets about anything today I need cheering up.

I NEVER thought I would agree with President Bush but hey!! Go man!

President Obama is just wonderful. America will be ok as long as he keeps speaking up. We have to believe that. 

John is staying quiet. He posted that if you work to please God you don't worry about pleasing men. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived