IGNORED

John Shrader 14: Preparing Toilet Paper for Zambia

Coconut Flan

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm intrigued by the small-scale farming project to help orphans.  That was referenced by Bro. Shrader and then poof!, we never heard about it again. 

The farming project is hiding out with his well that cost a ton of money and John talked about only when he was grifting funds. How can his followers just forget the well ministry that they shelled out money for? 

10 hours ago, amandaaries said:

@samurai_sarah Have you read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver?  She and her family spend a year as rather extreme locavores.  They had heirloom turkeys purchased, but were eventually able to get the males and females to figure things out.  They did have to work at it, including locating old animal husbandry books and setting up a male and female in a large barn area for some private time...but eventually the turkey hens got broody and they were able to hatch some.  Clearly a small scale model, but worth noting that success is possible.

We had chickens when I was a kid, and most of the hens weren't interested in motherhood.  However, we eventually got one who would sit on as many eggs as possible as often as possible.  Some of her offspring inherited that tendency toward broodiness, but she was rather a rare bird.

No, never read it. But interesting to know that it is possible! I forget the kind of breed my parents had, but they weren't heirloom. They were so overbred that my parents were advised to pump them full of all sorts of drugs to keep them alive, due to their bad immune system. Advice my parents promptly ignored, with success. But they never went as far as attempting to set them up for breeding.

Same with our chickens. A few made half-hearted attempts, but didn't follow through. Then an uncle gifted us with some heirloom chicks, who were pretty broody. We still had to buy chicks , but it was always lovely to see the mother hens leading their chicks around the yard. :)

Our focus is not on building "buildings"...we've only built THREE :pb_rollseyes: And sunk a ton of money into the former Shrader homestead, which was promptly lost following drama with the demon-possessed landlady. 

I still feel like he's dodging the question about land ownership. They built the village church on "donated" land...donated to whom? Just because the land is donated doesn't mean non-citizens are allowed to own it. And we still don't know who owns the land where the metal roof and the timothy house are located.  

There hasn't been a whole lot of news about Timothy house or his "Bible College". 

56 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Timothy house or his "Bible College". 

That's because he locked everyone out of the Timothy House and his entire "Bible College" has left him.  Every last one of them!  :banana-rock:

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

There hasn't been a whole lot of news about Timothy house or his "Bible College". 

His star pupils have all left him. Quite sensibly.

Isnt he living in Timothy House now, since falling out with the House on the Hill landlady ?

John made it sound like the well was a community well and anyone could come to get water there at any time.  Because he's such a generous man, or needs to sound that way to his hapless donors. 

I'm waiting for the next Satan! Demons! Satan! Flesh! post from John. 

@Howl The way I read that was John caused the well to be dug, and people from the local community come to use it whenever they want, because there's no running water and the only other local sources are paid-for.  Which I didn't believe at all, but if it IS true, why isn't he talking about this more?  IF he had brought the only source of good quality water to the neighbourhood, surely this would be grifting gold?

50 minutes ago, Lurky said:

@Howl The way I read that was John caused the well to be dug, and people from the local community come to use it whenever they want, because there's no running water and the only other local sources are paid-for.  Which I didn't believe at all, but if it IS true, why isn't he talking about this more?  IF he had brought the only source of good quality water to the neighbourhood, surely this would be grifting gold?

I don't believe a word coming from Shrader, but assuming that the well has been dug, there's still no guarantee that it is a viable source for drinking water. I mean, I could have a well dug in my backyard, but would I drink from it? No way. Even though sanitation in my city is decent, there are too many other pollutants around, which would render the water unsafe to drink.

In all likelihood there is a good reason why no one in the neighbourhood had a well dug before. But "digging wells in Africa" is a classic do-gooder move, which often ignores the locals and their knowledge.

Perhaps the well water killed the chickens.

14 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Isnt he living in Timothy House now, since falling out with the House on the Hill landlady ?

No, i don't think so.  It is hard to keep John's projects straight.

The rental house they are living in now was the original Timothy House until the landlady of the House on the Hill got possessed by demons.  John kicked the men out of the rental house and made them build a new Timothy House on the church land.  I suspect that is the real reason he needed the well.

The chickens were housed in Timothy House II until he made the men build them a coop.  The coop is now used to store tracts and bibles (I hope John cleaned it out well.)

Per John, Timothy House II is now called the "small house" that is used for Sunday School and meetings during the week.  If there are any meetings during the week.

Now I'm really confused! Not that I wasn't before. John is hard to keep up with. Many thanks to everyone who keeps us unholy blocked folk in the Shrader loop. 

And he's in Singapore now with 2 of his sons for some reason. Some posted photos and tagged him in it. Of course him and his sons are wearing matching "African" shirts and safari hats

I don't think John ever really intended to start a well ministry, he just said that to get funds. John only felt the need to get water to the house when he was going to move in and saw that people had to buy water and roll heavy barrels to their house. This is the guy who couldn't survive without ice cubes, no way he was hauling water. 

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Perhaps the well water killed the chickens.

No, i don't think so.  It is hard to keep John's projects straight.

The rental house they are living in now was the original Timothy House until the landlady of the House on the Hill got possessed by demons.  John kicked the men out of the rental house and made them build a new Timothy House on the church land.  I suspect that is the real reason he needed the well.

The chickens were housed in Timothy House II until he made the men build them a coop.  The coop is now used to store tracts and bibles (I hope John cleaned it out well.)

Per John, Timothy House II is now called the "small house" that is used for Sunday School and meetings during the week.  If there are any meetings during the week.

^Accurate.

The current rental house was also known as the Garden of Eden house. The timothy house is basically a cinder block shack, no way John would deign to actually live there.

9 hours ago, Meeka said:

And he's in Singapore now with 2 of his sons for some reason. Some posted photos and tagged him in it. Of course him and his sons are wearing matching "African" shirts and safari hats

Say Whut?  Any chance of a link?

Johnny has enough cash to go swanning off to Singapore (although he does have a humper there) with a couple of kids on a whim?

Well he did say Sub-Saharan Africa and BEYOND! :confusion-shrug:

@Palimpsest It's on his facebook account. I hope I'm not violating any rules here but the person who posted these photos is under Dave Esther Leong and the account appears to be public since I can see his account when I click on that name.  https://www.facebook.com/esther.ho.58118?hc_ref=ARRkfQ63JFGumrJGJNQUzMxJfktSWBRGZ0g2G3xAOfbnBBzydBRHxqqS3b7_fJlr4gE&pnref=story

3 hours ago, Meeka said:

@Palimpsest It's on his facebook account. I hope I'm not violating any rules here but the person who posted these photos is under Dave Esther Leong and the account appears to be public since I can see his account when I click on that name.  https://www.facebook.com/esther.ho.58118?hc_ref=ARRkfQ63JFGumrJGJNQUzMxJfktSWBRGZ0g2G3xAOfbnBBzydBRHxqqS3b7_fJlr4gE&pnref=story

I didn't see it on John's Fecebook page.  Maybe he deleted it?

@Meeka, many thanks.  No rules were broken.  It is OK to quote from public FB pages.  However, if a page is private but you can see it because you have friended that person (or in some cases you may be able to see it because you are a friend of a friend) then you can only paraphrase what is there but not quote directly.

Yes, that is the humper I was thinking of but I couldn't see the photos.  The account is now private and the photos of John and sprogs deleted.  

It seems that John wants to keep his little jaunt to Singapore secret.  Hi, John!:562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave: 

Spoiler

johninasia.thumb.jpg.3d2a4dca925391b9a3cdce920fa5fec1.jpg

John posted about it.

God has graciously opened the door for me to be invited to come to Asia, and minister in both Singapore and Nepal as well.

I wonder if John is looking at leaving Africa.I

am so humbled and undeserving to be given this opportunity, and for two of my sons to share it with me.

God is so good.

He, along with my sweet wife, knew how much my weary soul needed this time of encouragement.

To be with men, that love God...

that love God's Word...

and that love me...

I'm overwhelmed.

Spoiler

johninafrica.jpg.d2e44dcf3a66aab2368b61e5fc7ee5d9.jpg

His shirt, oh my.

He's so toxic at this point, even fleeing Zambia won't help him. He'll have to leave the continent :pb_lol:

Can you imagine the clothing he will wear if he moves to Asia? :laughing-jumpingpurple: Things are going pretty badly in Zambia so I wouldn't be surprised if John is looking for an exit. 

It appears these people don't know John too well. One of them met John briefly 11 years ago, one met him online and others never met him at all. 

11 years ago I met a dear brother in Christ, pastor Jesse Sng. Our time together was too brief, but such a blessing to my soul.

Through pastor Sng I also met his long-time friend Roy Cheong, who has also been a blessing to me, though we only met over Facebook and email, never in person.

The other people in the pictures are just part of a welcome committee. 

So a pregnant Esther was left alone with a teenage girl and a ton of littles? 

10 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So a pregnant Esther was left alone with a teenage girl and a ton of littles? 

Par for the course with the mission-cation types, innit?  It's what makes me hate the Quiverfull patriarchs, and even moreso when the sister-moms are old enough to hold down the fort, so both parents can have a nice break!   It's all about procreation with these men, never about parenting.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived