IGNORED

Dillards 42: Tweeting to Unpopularity

Coconut Flan

I just saw that DerJerk's most recent tweet is withheld in Germany. I don't know the reason, but usually it has something to do with hate speach... can anyone tell me what's up? Thanks in advance, guys! 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/09/2017 at 4:39 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Actually, I kind of hope they were fired by the SOS Ministries. 

My guess is that they were "not invited back" or as phrased by my DH's company when a manager left was "they are looking for opportunities outside of the organisation".

Left before they were pushed ;) 

Our local church supports various missionaries and I often flick through the monthly emails that they send out. They are ALL well educated and tend to be medical professionals (i.e. Doctor married to Midwife etc) so are incredibly qualified (regardless of the religious aspect) to be working in developing countries, D&J are below par in this regard. Questionable skills on her part (not certified midwife and of a somewhat nervous disposition) and TBH no useful skills beyond preaching for him (unless he does their tax returns ;) ).  I doubt very much that they are the level of people SOS are wanting to attract. 

Ha, Derick just retweeted a Fox News post that said "Because you're back in America you will be oppressed - that's a FALSE narrative"

He's such an ignorant asshole.

Derick is the poster child for everything that is wrong with American evangelical Christianity. And he (like the rest of them) is totally clueless that they're the ones slowly killing their own religion and driving people away from it. I just have to laugh. It's so absurd. But also evil. They're a plague on society and the complete antithesis of everything Jesus taught, and yet they claim to be his only true followers. The hypocrisy and ignorance is truly mind-boggling. 

So I just saw Derick's Twitter again and his Jazz tweet is now sticky op the top of his page (you can see the Dutch version here:) 

Spoiler

IMG_4486.thumb.PNG.2830372edfa2890147ec28687dc9c53e.PNG

This wasn't sticky a few days ago was it? Or did I miss it earlier?

39 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

So I just saw Derick's Twitter again and his Jazz tweet is now sticky op the top of his page (you can see the Dutch version here:) 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4486.thumb.PNG.2830372edfa2890147ec28687dc9c53e.PNG

This wasn't sticky a few days ago was it? Or did I miss it earlier?

God, what a desperate cry for attention. This man needs Jesus but like, REAL Jesus instead of republican Jesus 

Keep trying to stay relevant Derick. You're failing. We know you're a bag of dicks, we've moved on. :P 

I really admire Jazz and her family and seeing Derick pick a fight or bully her really gets to me, especially when it's just for attention. He's the antithesis of what a Christian is. Loving the sinner but hating the sin is a line of BS, it justifies attacking the person who the "Christian" is judging.

Also, God makes no mistakes. If you're trans (or gay or whatever) you were born that way because God made you trans (or gay or whatever).

In his eyes, Derick probably feels like he is thriving in delivering God's word because of all the hate tweets he is getting. Remember, their perspective is that people will "hate" or mock other people for speaking of Christ. Liberals are just extensions of Satan. 

In reality, Derick is spending his days trying to be the "cool" (lmao) youth pastor with a severe case of Twitter fingers, whilst avoiding employment even though he  has a likely growing family of four. He always came off an ass since the courting episodes on 19KaC, but I guess he is a mega asshole. 

You think he would make a sticky like "here's how you can support Puerto Rico right now". But that is too genuine and nice for Dwreck. He only knows how to be an ass.

Also, the video he retweeted  :my_dodgy:

Spoiler

So much for believing in free speech. I really don't understand him pinning the Jazz tweet. What is he trying to accomplish besides feeding into his delusions that he's persecuted Christian.

I only dip into this thread once in a while to see what idiocy Dwreck has been up to lately, so I apologise if the Jazz discussion has already been done to death. This isn't really about Jazz, jus intolerance in general.

One of the many things that more than annoy me about Fundamentalists like Dwreck is their intolerance for others and their inability to learn and grow beyond that.  (So much for loving your neighbour.)  

I know that years ago when things like Gay pride/gay rights were first discussed (way before I had ever even heard of LGTBQ) , I wasn't entirely comfortable with all of it.  I remember specifically some controversy in schools about the inclusion of picture books about gay parents. I remember hoping that I would never be asked to read and discuss such a book with a class because I wasn't sure how to do that in a way that was respectful of gays AND respectful of conservative families views too.

FF to these days and Im quite comfortable discussing things like that with a class.  Just the other day I was telling a group of 6 year olds that it's hard to tell who is a boy and who is a girl by just looking at their feet (random topics come up regularly when talking to little kids) One of the boys said that you could tell they were a girl if they were wearing nail polish, so that led to a discussion about how some boys DO wear nail polish(and that that is OK to do) and that what a person looks like on the outside doesn't always tell you what they are on the inside etc.  All of which neither I nor the 6yr olds had a problem with. We have all learned and grown.  

Also, Its Breast Cancer awareness month, so the coffee shop has pink cups.  The barista was telling us about this lame customer who told her that he didn't want a pink cup because he wasn't gay.  She gave him an earful about being man enough to carry a pink cup.  Even the religious (I know she is because of previous conversations) barista is calling out homophobia when she sees it. It's 2017 Dwreck, time to learn and grow.

On 30/09/2017 at 9:13 AM, Swamptribe said:

Sadly,  I don't think the negative responses to his tweets and Instagram posts do anything but feed Derick's ego. (which seems very fragile) The more people call him out on his nonsense, or post negative responses, the more self-righteous he feels.  It lets him buy into the whole 'martyr for god'/persecuted christian paradigm; he is righteous and speaks the 'truth' because the godless heathens wouldn't pick on him otherwise. A sort of viscous, circular, self fulfilling prophecy. Honestly, the worst thing people could probably do to him is to ignore him.

On the flip side if people who oppose him keep at it , he might get so arrogant nobody will have anything to do with him and he might fall from grace. I can only hope. Like Josh , you can't stay at the top Forever! 

I was one of the ones who had high hopes for the Dullards. She seemed sincere about studying and wanting to learn to be an actual midwife; he seemed educated and comfortable in Nepal and respectful of the culture (although looking back, you never did get a sense of what he was actually doing there). I expected him to get a real job stateside, her to get an actual education and for them to become a functional conservative Christian family.

How could I have been such a fool (shakes head in disbelief)?

On 30/09/2017 at 9:13 AM, Swamptribe said:

Sadly,  I don't think the negative responses to his tweets and Instagram posts do anything but feed Derick's ego. (which seems very fragile) The more people call him out on his nonsense, or post negative responses, the more self-righteous he feels.  It lets him buy into the whole 'martyr for god'/persecuted christian paradigm; he is righteous and speaks the 'truth' because the godless heathens wouldn't pick on him otherwise. A sort of viscous, circular, self fulfilling prophecy. Honestly, the worst thing people could probably do to him is to ignore him.

On the flip side if people who oppose him keep at it , he might get so arrogant nobody will have anything to do with him and he might fall from grace. I can only hope. Like Josh , you can't stay at the top Forever! 

6 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

At this point I'm just hoping his dick moves remove any chance of a paycheck from TLC!  

Or JB. 

Only way Derick will grow up. 

14 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I was one of the ones who had high hopes for the Dullards. She seemed sincere about studying and wanting to learn to be an actual midwife; he seemed educated and comfortable in Nepal and respectful of the culture (although looking back, you never did get a sense of what he was actually doing there). I expected him to get a real job stateside, her to get an actual education and for them to become a functional conservative Christian family.

How could I have been such a fool (shakes head in disbelief)?

I'm right there with you. I had a lot more hope for Derrick compared to Ben at the time. Derrick went to a real college, got a real job. Jill at one point wanted to be an actual nurse. Looking back, I think the fact that Derrick was basically chosen by Jim Bob for Jill (in a way that someone like Jeremy especially wasn't for Jinger) should've been a tip-off that I didn't think about the time.

I don't think Derick cares about potentially losing his TLC paycheck or the support of his father-in-law. That's scary. He didn't stop tweeting when he saw the lack of donations. The fact that his family is unpopular hasn't stop him. Maybe Dan and Cathy could help him? He need an intervention from his family , church and TLC.

He pinned a tweet that got him in a lot of trouble. Why? 

Dwreck reminds me of a mushroom growing on a pile of shit - he thrives on it, and gets attention for it, but doesn't nourish.

I don't like him.

13 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

Maybe Dan and Cathy could help him? He need an intervention from his family , church and TLC.

I'm not sure about Dan, but Cathy is just as bad as Derick, and he's just repeating what his church believes. The guy who runs Cross Church is a Trump supporter, just like Derick.

13 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

He pinned a tweet that got him in a lot of trouble. Why?

Because he firmly believes in what he's saying, and he's receiving support and reinforcement from his echo chamber - his church, his friends, his family, and most likely most of his wife's family, too. He believes that persecution from the evil liberals means he's doing something right, so he's just going to double down.

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm not sure about Dan, but Cathy is just as bad as Derick, and he's just repeating what his church believes. The guy who runs Cross Church is a Trump supporter, just like Derick.

Because he firmly believes in what he's saying, and he's receiving support and reinforcement from his echo chamber - his church, his friends, his family, and most likely most of his wife's family, too. He believes that persecution from the evil liberals means he's doing something right, so he's just going to double down.

I agree, his family and church agree with him, but do they want the bad publicity? His fundraising was a disaster and after the Jazz tweet people wanted TLC to cancel the show. 

11 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

I agree, his family and church agree with him, but do they want the bad publicity? His fundraising was a disaster and after the Jazz tweet people wanted TLC to cancel the show. 

I really don't think they get it. They don't think they're unsuccessful because what they're doing is bad publicity, but rather because Satan is attacking them. So why would they change anything, given that they're right and the rest of us are wrong? As long as their own community keeps reinforcing their beliefs, they won't budge.

People that use that one narrative from that one person of race (in dwreck's case, a black woman) and deem it as representative KILLS me as a black woman.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived