IGNORED

Dillards 42: Tweeting to Unpopularity

Coconut Flan

29 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

What, doesn't everyone include kindergarten in their CV?  

I barely passed kindergarten.  I don't like to advertise that the little hat on the number 5 gave me issues into first grade, just in case handwritten fives are super job-critical.  

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Derick was feeling quite pleased with himself for a while there. He was the first Duggar son-in-law and nabbed golden daughter Jill. He had a college education - unheard of in Duggarland! He had lived abroad as a missionary. He was an accountant! Wow, a real career! He was suddenly starring on a reality TV series. He got his new wife pregnant in approximately two seconds, thus proving his virility and the fact that they were #blessed by God! The only other son-in-law he had to compete with was Ben, a homeschooled teenager doing manual labour for Jim Bob. 

Then the scandals hit. Jill's perfect birth went wrong. He had jaw surgery that may have messed him up. Along came Jeremy Vuolo - more educated, more experienced, more handsome, more charming, not just a wannabe missionary but a real life pastor, and suddenly Derick wasn't the most impressive in-law. Being missionaries in Central America didn't work out. Jill's second birth ended up just like the first, further solidifying the fact that she won't be delivering 20 of her own babies as she praises God in a flower meadow. The other sisters got married and now he's not the special husband of the specialest Duggar girl, he's just one of four sons-in-law. 

I think Derick's mother probably always told him how special and amazing and brilliant he was, and then he was the special and amazing and brilliant first Duggar son-in-law, and he and Jill were on their way to being this special and amazing and brilliant fundie power couple, and that all fell apart, and he cannot deal with it. He can't face reality, and he especially can't deal with the realization that there are many people on this earth who don't think he's special, amazing, and brilliant, and who will not hesitate to call him on his bullshit. So now he's angry, bitter, and lashing out. 

It's really no wonder he's a Trump supporter, they're two peas in a pod: entitled, privileged brats overcompensating for their incredibly thin skin and insecurity with absurdly inflated egos, lashing out at their 'enemies', digging themselves into deeper and deeper holes, and eventually retreating to their echo chamber where they can tweet their rage and surround themselves only with other hypocrites who will never hurt their precious fee-fees.

You know who has worked/ school full time since they were a child? Derick's wife and her sisters, but I guess since it's not salaried, it doesn't count. They didn't get the summer breaks that come with school and had zero vacation time even on vacation.

What did I say? In the middle of the day...more garbage.

Derick, I am concerned about the future of an America that has people like you convinced your way is the only right way to live. I wish he would focus more on his own future, and the future of his family, and leave other people alone. Trans people have enough to deal with without these crusades.

In my opinion, the missionary mindset is the most dangerous part of (SOME brands of) Christianity. Everyone must be brought to Jesus, never mind their own original, deep-set beliefs or the harm you do to them in this life.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don't know much about baby wearing. Maybe he's too heavy? He looks huge, like a one-year-old! But again, I have basically no experience with babies!

My baby was too small for my carrier when she was born. Now I carry her in it a lot because it prevents people from touching her. Each wrap is different, but mine is good for babies between 8 and 35 pounds. 

Jill has been seen wearing Samuel before, once in a photo from a walk she took with the boys. And you can see what looks like a wrap in the photos where Sam had the tortilla on his head. So I’m guessing she just didn’t want to wear him in this photo. Using the stroller all day might be easier on her during a trip like this.

I don't have Twitter, can someone who does just reply to one of his tweets and tell him to GTFO of Twitter and focus on working and taking care of his family.

I wonder, does Jill go into say a session of nursing Sam, or settling in to some other activity, and just scroll through her husband's insane sounding tweets to update herself daily? I mean, I think many many people in their community would agree that Derick has made Twitter an inappropriate platform and an "IDOL", to serve his own ego. VERY un- Christian.

Like, can someone just call him out fully already?! I'm about to make a Twitter account so I can do it myself.
I mean, Derick!!! Look at your behavior! Defending yourself on the internet?! Why??!?! Didn't have the wifi to do that in Central America, so are you getting it out of your system or what??!?! You look like a selfish, pathetic douchebag.

Jill has access to the internet, along with all her fundie friends who use instagram, facebook, etc., as well as other "Christian" blogs, podcasts, movies, there is a whole modern day internet WORLD they live in which we hardly scrape the surface of. 
If I was her, I'd be positively CRINGING.

But what is the option? To bury your head in the sand no matter what's going on (can't run away to Central America anymore! LOL) ,nurse Sam, try to pay some attention to Izzy before fobbing him off on some siblings, and telling yourself that "God will provide, God will provide, God will provide, this is just a season, this is just a season, God will provide, it is well with my SOUL, God will provide, God will provide........." 

I would say she'll talk herself into a straight jacket being married to that awful man, but I'm sure it wouldn't even get to the diagnosing stage since she'd never be allowed access to therapy.

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

When I see a smiling, proud-looking Jill in photos with her husband I think to myself...does she know? Does she know he's a joke? 

I don't think she has the ability to see all this. He is the man her father chose for her and she must be a happy, grateful and submissive helpmeet until their days are over. Jill never seemed to be the smartest of the J'slaves and yet she is one the one who drank the most of the koolaid!

@singsingsing Thank you, for your fabulous post. I could never really put my finger on the things that might have triggered Dericks development and recent behavior, but you just sum it up in a great way!

What on earth is going on? Almost daily there is a nasty tweet from Derick. Sounds like he's trying to compensate for something. Being a douchecanoe, maybe?

Derick accidentally boarded the crazy train, because he was too busy drinking his Kool_aid. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

1 hour ago, Feministe9000 said:

I wonder, does Jill go into say a session of nursing Sam, or settling in to some other activity, and just scroll through her husband's insane sounding tweets to update herself daily?

It's possible that Jill is oblivious to it all and doesn't pay much attention to what Derick does online. 

Unfortunately I feel like it's more likely that she agrees with every hateful thing that he says/posts/tweets. She just doesn't spout it all over social media because that's her godly headship's job.

I've been following D'Wreck's tweets and the replies, and people have drilled him a new asshole more than once.  He's stirring the pot again.  He's a candy-ass suckin' troll.  He loves the attention he's getting.  

1 minute ago, Drala said:

I've been following D'Wreck's tweets and the replies, and people have drilled him a new asshole more than once.  He's stirring the pot again.  He's a candy-ass suckin' troll.  He loves the attention he's getting.  

I just don't get it!
And i remind myself over and over that we all thought he was going to be "different", and how wrong we were.

I think he was always like this,  but being in Central America he didn't have the time/internet access to Tweet constantly!

Jesus, it just seems to really have increased the past month or two, he's becoming ruthless with his cavalier language and responses.

24 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Derick accidentally boarded the crazy train, because he was too busy drinking his Kool_aid. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

I'm going with: There is a prize awarded for most pious student in his fake ministry class.  Whoever tweets the most "christian" thing the most times wins a cookie.

I play bingo most Sundays at a local high school.  The players use the restrooms in the lounge connected to the cafeteria.  One is for women, one for men.  No surprise, the women's restroom always had a line.  So we use the men's too.  The door locks.  It's no big deal.  It's first come, first serve.  No fundie claptrap.  

As to Derick, have we ever considered that his personality may be affected due to pain meds initially prescribed following jaw surgery?  There has been alot in the news lately about opioid addiction.

Just now, EmmieJ said:

I play bingo most Sundays at a local high school.  The players use the restrooms in the lounge connected to the cafeteria.  One is for women, one for men.  No surprise, the women's restroom always had a line.  So we use the men's too.  The door locks.  It's no big deal.  It's first come, first serve.  No fundie claptrap.  

I have definitely peed in the men's room and I'm not ashamed!

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I have definitely peed in the men's room and I'm not ashamed!

I have too, and even in a urinal once. When I peed in a urinal, I found a $20 on the floor, and yes I snatched that up, and bought some drinks at the bar. Truthfully, I find women's restrooms to be the grosser of the two. I don't know how many used pads and tampons I have seen just laying around in the women's room. The fishtank..err feminine hygiene can is literally right next to the toilet. It's just so vile.

I used to clean bathrooms. Women's had more kid messes, but men's was far worse on average. There was always urine all over the floor in the men's bathroom, while messes in the women's bathroom were just occasional.

41 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Derick, I gather its AOK for wimmenz to be in Men's bathrooms?

I ran out of characters before I could get to that point. But I called him a transphobic bigot so I don't think my digits were wasted. :boom:

35 minutes ago, Drala said:

He loves the attention he's getting.  

Hmm is he going with the any attention is better than no attention at all?

Other random thoughts include that I love that Lynnie that is calling him out (fess up guys which one of you...jk). He really, really needs to have his Twitter taken away.

Now excuse me while I update my LinkedIn to include my k-12 years and then head to Target.

I don't think his personality suddenly has changed. If he wasn't religious, he would be a full forced Trump troll...doxxing females and going to white supremacists rallies with tiki torches. Since, he is one of God's messengers, he is sticking to serial tweeting about transgender. He might have the thinnest skin of all of the Duggars. Derick always came off a jerk to me.  

1 hour ago, sta_sha said:

It's possible that Jill is oblivious to it all and doesn't pay much attention to what Derick does online. 

Unfortunately I feel like it's more likely that she agrees with every hateful thing that he says/posts/tweets. She just doesn't spout it all over social media because that's her godly headship's job.

If you look at Jill's liked tweets, she's basically backing up all of his hateful bs. She just doesn't post it for the world to see like Derick does.

I don't know about FJ but when my kids were little and now my g'kids, I go into the bathroom with them. Does he really believe that someone will attack and molest when their parents/ g'parents are with them???

52 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I don't know about FJ but when my kids were little and now my g'kids, I go into the bathroom with them. Does he really believe that someone will attack and molest when their parents/ g'parents are with them???

I don't think the Duggars go with their kids.  Wasn't one lost going to the bathroom in an airport when he was really little?  Since they won't take responsibility for the safety of their kids, all of us must be inconvenienced to avoid what they imagine the dangers to be.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived