IGNORED

Dillards 42: Tweeting to Unpopularity

Coconut Flan

On 9/30/2017 at 9:13 AM, Swamptribe said:

Sadly,  I don't think the negative responses to his tweets and Instagram posts do anything but feed Derick's ego. (which seems very fragile) The more people call him out on his nonsense, or post negative responses, the more self-righteous he feels.  It lets him buy into the whole 'martyr for god'/persecuted christian paradigm; he is righteous and speaks the 'truth' because the godless heathens wouldn't pick on him otherwise. A sort of viscous, circular, self fulfilling prophecy. Honestly, the worst thing people could probably do to him is to ignore him.

I know this is old but I haven't been in a while (too much going on in my real life :/) I truly believe that this is why people should respond negative or positive to these stupid tweets. It would hurt him and probably our dumb "president' more if no one talked about it commented etc. and literally gave it zero attention. They would hate more for their comments to fall on deaf ears then getting a response from those "evil god hating" liberals.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[mention=18856]VelociRapture[/mention] 
I really like FIRST Robotics, I've been judging for the past few years and can't tell you how moving it is or how much judges' hearts break right along with the teams when something goes wrong. They did ask me to put on a hoodie once, or offered me a large male polo, because teenage boys. I can't remember if it was an FRC person or someone from the HS we were at, but I was judging with coworkers and it was embarrassing as fuck to be told to go change for wearing a polo they'd given me. I'm not even a busty lady.
So, is it safe to assume Derick's class is attending Values Voters Summit?

I still miss FIRST. I wished the years I did it that we had the chance to do more. The team I was on had such few support. Every year it was a struggle to keep it alive. The school gave us a classroom and the donations we had barely covered our registertion. I have very little doubt that our mentors donated their own money to keep it going. I would have thought with being an older team with a history of winning some awards that we would had more support but we didn't.

I truthfully don't remembered how one was dressed being an issue. I know there were some wearing revealingish clothes but it wasn't a problem during my years (2005-2008 seasons). Although I was in Michigan for my years and I don't remember coming across much dress code problem no matter what I was involved in. Unlike what I experienced in Oklahoma with being in other activities. I swear most people in the area thought men could not handle themselves if they saw the slightest bit of breast rather it was the outline or not.

Go Team 240

Derick. Such a sweetheart. 

Seriously - I'm fuming over here!! Could all these white, cis, so-called-Christian-men please stop infringing women's rights? I'm so over it. 

I have never understood fighting abortion in this redundant "it's a baby/life" mantra.  Jesus, do you think women aren't aware fetus develop into babies? Like if you just wave a poster you'll clear up some big misconception!?!

I am surprised we don't hear more moderate conservatives say, "I abhor abortion so I am going to lobby for better and more affordable access to birth control i.e. providing more safe OTC options."  They'd still be nuts but it seems like an obviously more effective stance.

Then there's Derick. Who tosses around words like MURDER and I come unglued.  Hell, in this country we refer to some murders as "manslaughter."

A MURDERER?!  That is a nasty and mentally cruel word to use. Derick, you can't possibly know what mental, financial, or medical complexities lead to those difficult and private discussions for many.  For some, babies that are desperately longed for. As women we put our foot down and shield ALL women to stop you and other leering  morons from getting to decide which are "valid" or "not valid" reasons. 

Stop. Just FUCKING stop.  You are a rotten human being to make blanket allegations of murder. This is exactly why we have to shield all women to protect those that are victims themselves.

You want less abortion dWRECK? You better start raising awareness for more birth control and reproductive health care.

Oh, you're against that too? Sit your ass down, shut your mouth, and let the adults talk then. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You want less abortion dWRECK? You better start raising awareness for more birth control and reproductive health care.

Oh, you're against that too? Sit your ass down, shut your mouth, and let the adults talk then. 

The fundegelical answer to all social problems is more Jesus and more heterosexual marriage. The latter has really become some kind of magical formula that will somehow eliminate everything that’s wrong with society. It’s pretty odd, given how the Church Fathers looked down upon marriage as being less holy than lifelong celibacy. Jerome, for example, said that the only good thing about marriage was that it created new celibates, although he was pretty extreme even by the standards of the day. Clement of Alexandria, one of the earliest Church Fathers, had a more moderate take on marriage, but even he said that married Christians should only have sex for procreation and never for recreational purposes. I have no doubt that early Christians would find the modern fundie obsession with marriage and babies for Jesus to be very strange, if not heretical.

Is this dude legit in the secret service or am I missing something? Also, it looks like they did bring Samuel along. Hard to say with Israel.

Also, this gem: 

He must just be a glutton for punishment.

Jill it's okay, no one is going to take that trainwreck of a husband from you. You can let go of his leg. 

11 hours ago, xlurker said:

my kids were never in the scouts, but my daughter was in 4H, in a wilderness ranger type of program.  They did back country weekends and learned boat safety, how to bear proof your camp and what to do if you have an encounter, how to navigate by stars and compass.  Also had some first aid, cooking, public speaking....pretty well rounded program.  We do live in a pretty rural area, so this may not be available in all places.  But she enjoyed it, learned some skills....and yup, it was co ed.  :D

That's awesome! When i was a kid, all I remember is taking cooking, sewing, and gardening through 4H. The cooking stuck with me. The other two did not. 

10 hours ago, amazing707 said:

I know this is old but I haven't been in a while (too much going on in my real life :/) I truly believe that this is why people should respond negative or positive to these stupid tweets. It would hurt him and probably our dumb "president' more if no one talked about it commented etc. and literally gave it zero attention. They would hate more for their comments to fall on deaf ears then getting a response from those "evil god hating" liberals.

I've concluded that D'wreck is too far gone to hear anything I might have to say in response to his tweets.  I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the sheer hypocrisy, lack of insight and awareness, and ignorance in his twitterings. I'm usually at a total loss of words when I read his latest BS, and I refuse to let trolls get under my skin.

I wonder does Derick know that no one cares what he thinks? We have so much going on in this world that some angry white man tweeting about abortion is the least of most people's worries. Go fuck yourself Derick. 

She has her hand pretty far up his inner thigh. I wouldn't do that in a public picture! Do fundies think they have special permission for that level of PDA because their sex is OMG SO GODLY?

30 minutes ago, albireo said:

She has her hand pretty far up his inner thigh. I wouldn't do that in a public picture! Do fundies think they have special permission for that level of PDA because their sex is OMG SO GODLY?

It sorta looks to me like his leg is crossed and she’s resting her arm across it. 

Jill and D-wreck get a lot of shit for their PDA and I don’t understand it. Some people are just more affectionate than others. It doesn’t bother me when 20-something’s who are dating do it and it doesn’t bother me when 20-something’s who are married fundies do it. Jill has always struck me as the very affectionate type, I don’t think they’re trying to “prove” anything.

I guess I was a bit harsh. I get embarrassed when my boyfriend does it to me when people are looking, that's all :my_blush:

I'm always surprised by the level of PDA in fundies in general.. Men holding their women's arms, their hands not just draped casually over a shoulder, but HOLDING the arm.. to me it's posessiveness, not affection. The women who can't not touch their men, but must, like JIll, have her hand on him in a possibly inappropriate way... are they insecure? Are they trying to deliberately SHOW how "connected" they are?

PDAs make me feel squeamish, and fundy PDAs most of all.

@xlurker, I was at Tractor Supply this afternoon and I meant to donate to 4-H, but the cashier didn't ask me.   I was in 4-H myself for a while when I was in elementary school.  One of my friends was always winning ribbons in Dress Revue.  I think it's called something else now.  I did Dog Care and Training.

I haven't been in years, but I always liked to go to the Junior Livestock Shows at the SC Upper State Fair.  (BIL is a retired extension agent.) The Junior shows were a mixture of FFA kids and 4-H kids.  I was just looking at the list of famous members and Jackie Kennedy raised a calf when she was in 4-H.  I think that's really cool!

I'm not condemning this in the least, but it seems sort of strange to me that Jill came along. It's totally possible that she knows this guy really well of course, but if my partner was having a reunion with someone from a mission trip that I didn't go on, I'd probably stay home and let them catch up...especially if I had a nursing infant. 

Jill looks beautiful in that picture. Dwreck, as usual, looks awful, but his outside appearance is no match for how disgusting he is on the inside 

9 minutes ago, brusselsgriffon said:

Jill looks beautiful in that picture. Dwreck, as usual, looks awful, but his outside appearance is no match for how disgusting he is on the inside 

It just makes you realize how sick she was in that first hazy picture of her holding Samuel  in the hospital.

Okay, seriously. Where the fuck is this sudden obsession coming from? I know that trans is the new gay when it comes to discrimination, since the fight against marriage equality is lost and most people accept that being gay is completely normal now (which doesn't mean that there aren't still many bigoted assholes around and discrimination against gay people is no longer an issue. It's just easier/more 'maintream' to discriminate against trans people these days.). But none of the others Duggars keeps blabbing on about trans people like Derick does. So what gives? Did he meet a trans person for the first time and... what?! What is your problem, Derick Douchecanoe Dillard?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived