IGNORED

Dillards 42: Tweeting to Unpopularity

Coconut Flan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok D'wreck, wtf are you up to?  I'd be weirded out if my husband tweeted about cheating twice in one day.  

8 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Ok, so to roughly translate,  Wisdom and Insight will keep you from straying with a wanton woman. 

Dat asssss tho.....wisdom!  Help stat!  Oooo....boobies....I mean wisdom!  

Back to USAA. Mr. Wolf's dad served at the end of WWII. He didn't have USAA, enlisted. Would Mr. Wolf be eligible? You FJers  are a fount of wisdom. :my_smile:

There has to be a reason he keeps tweeting about adultry and jezebel women. There was also that one about a womans mouth being a deep pit or some crap. Dying to know whats going on. Agree this has to be weird/concerning/uncomfortable for Jill. 

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Back to USAA. Mr. Wolf's dad served at the end of WWII. He didn't have USAA, enlisted. Would Mr. Wolf be eligible? You FJers  are a fount of wisdom. :my_smile:

I don't know. My dad was an officer in the 60s. You could always take their questionnaire. I know enlisted members are allowed now, but I don't know if the membership eligibility is retroactive to include enlisted personnel from the time before they were allowed to join.

Does that make sense? Because:  wine.

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

Ok, so to roughly translate,  Wisdom and Insight will keep you from straying with a wanton woman. 

Wisdom and insight?  How about remembering your marriage vows, if decency and self-control aren't quite up to the job?

Am wondering what sort of wanton woman, or any other kind of woman for that matter, would try to get Dwreck to stray.  Could it be that Jill is getting anxious and Dwreck is trying to reassure her using butchered bible-ese?

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm not sure that dWRECK would blame Josh for Jill's behavior though. 

I have wondered this myself. That last wrap up just before the scandal broke I remember Ben just glaring at Josh but he was the only one. 

His tweets kinda remind me of that strange high school FB friend who always vague-books, but fundie-style with some sort of wacked out biblical twist. I think he needed to grow up and mature a bit before entering Holy Matrimony. 

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

I have wondered this myself. That last wrap up just before the scandal broke I remember Ben just glaring at Josh but he was the only one. 

I seem to recall that Jill and Dewreck weren't there for that show. Maybe because it was right after his jaw surgery?

[mention=18504]HarleyQuinn[/mention] For some reason I have a memory that she may have known the duggars prior to Jill and Derick courting

Cathy did know the Duggars. They were members of a pro-life charity. A picture of them was posted here. For the life of me, I can't find it. Does anybody else remember this?

Poll: What kind of weird/annoying/creepy tweet Derrick will post next week? 

a. More adultery
b. Back to bullying trans kids
c. Uneducated comments on other religions
d. Some pseudo-patriotic stuff to condemn take a knee movement
e. Begging for money
f. Passive-aggressive comments to those who didn't give him money
g. Fundie parenting advice
h. Other 

17 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Poll: What kind of weird/annoying/creepy tweet Derrick will post next week?

If he's still (supposedly) helping disaster victims, I'll guess that his next post will be about the wages of sin.

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I seem to recall that Jill and Dewreck weren't there for that show. Maybe because it was right after his jaw surgery?

Jill came in towards the end of that interview and brought baby Izzy.  If I recall, it wasn't with the full group, just perhaps Jill and her parents.  Derick had just had his surgery. 

Ben definitely looked upset during that interview.  We all felt the body language of that interview was odd with several of them.  It was horrible when Michelle went on about modest dress and not defrauding.  The whole time the victims of her son were sitting right there.  I feel like Jana, and maybe Jinger both sort of cringed when MIchelle was talking.  Of course we didn't know it at the time, but once  the scandal was revealed, it really made what Michelle said even more unforgivable.

Two hours ago, Derick posted a video on Instagram promoting C3 At Cross Church.... Looks like a lot of young people dancing on a patio to 'Despacito.' Kind of an explicit song, but maybe they don't realize it. A couple other posts about church events have involved dancing and there have been photos showing women wearing shorts in the crowds. It's kind of interesting to me because Derick is definitely the most public about extreme fundie beliefs compared to the other married kids and spouses these days, yet he's also been in some situations the Duggars would probably be uncomfortable with (even though the events are at a church). I know Derick is a Dillard, not a Duggar, and is Jill's new headship so supposedly she lives by his rules now, but it's interesting. Maybe this is just a reminder that pants and shorts don't mean anyone's left the fundie extremism behind.

10 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Could it be that Jill is getting anxious and Dwreck is trying to reassure her using butchered bible-ese?

I could definitely envision her being uncomfortable with the dancing and stuff. 

I notice that the tweet is about the adulterous woman... but Dwreck, honey, it takes TWO to tango... so what about talking about the adulterous man and his honeyed words, huh? Or is it always the woman? Oh, of course. because penis equals right.

18 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I notice that the tweet is about the adulterous woman... but Dwreck, honey, it takes TWO to tango... so what about talking about the adulterous man and his honeyed words, huh? Or is it always the woman? Oh, of course. because penis equals right.

MTE. Is there no bublical advice for women to avoid the adulterous man? Oh, I forgot women are only a step above mindless automotons. Clockwork Baby Bake Ovens! And as long as they’re under the umbrella of a Good Man’s authority, they will never do any evil! 

So even if the bible does have that sort of advice, it is irrelevant to the Duggars.

My guess is this is his hamfisted attempt to convice is wife, and/or himself, that he won’t be tempted by the immodestly dressed young women who *gasp* dance at their new church. He’s disgusting.

Is it possible that all fundie men think like DWreck but that he is the one that we see putting his stupidity on Twitter. 

Just a theory. He does not stand alone in this thinking. 

He is a zealot. They all don't drag their families to another country where they don't speak the language and try to convert Catholics. 

Definitely looks like they're living in some sort of apartment rn. Samuel's getting so big!

Also, the video mentioned upthread:

Spoiler

Cathy has been cancer free for three years

Spoiler

3 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Two hours ago, Derick posted a video on Instagram promoting C3 At Cross Church.... Looks like a lot of young people dancing on a patio to 'Despacito.' Kind of an explicit song, but maybe they don't realize it. A couple other posts about church events have involved dancing and there have been photos showing women wearing shorts in the crowds. It's kind of interesting to me because Derick is definitely the most public about extreme fundie beliefs compared to the other married kids and spouses these days, yet he's also been in some situations the Duggars would probably be uncomfortable with (even though the events are at a church). I know Derick is a Dillard, not a Duggar, and is Jill's new headship so supposedly she lives by his rules now, but it's interesting. Maybe this is just a reminder that pants and shorts don't mean anyone's left the fundie extremism behind.

I could definitely envision her being uncomfortable with the dancing and stuff. 

I saw that video on my timeline... and I was surprised to see lots of college students dancing to a pop song currently on the Billboard charts. And the dancing! I wasn't sure if Jill was there or if she as at home with the  kids, but this college ministry might be good for Jill. She never went to college and this is an opportunity to see how other young people live their lives-- their lives don't revolve around living at home and caring or their parents' 19 kids. The women's lives don't revolve around marriage or kids. 

Perhaps, this can help Derick "re-live" his life in college and remind him of the good times. Or, he  (and Jill) could continue to see himself as a missionary, leader, pastor and teacher and he could totally believe he is "above" these college students and they need to be "converted" to the Duggar brand of Christianity. I was under the impression that Cross Church is more mainstream, "normal" Christian church. I'm not sure if that church teaches  Gothard stuff.

With regards to the Despacito dancing video, I kind of just wonder if Derick even realized it was a current pop song, given the lyrics are in Spanish.

That video, is overseeing this or a part of it?  I think it's weird, like going backwards, this live-in learn to be a missionary thing.  It's meant for younger people.  Too late Dillards, college like times are over.  Years ago.  

I could see Jill being uncomfortable and anxious that Derrick might catch a glimpse at one of the girls dancing in shorts! And who knows what that might trigger in him?! So messed up that something as normal as dancing to a pop song could cause so much anxiety just cos of the way they were raised.

13 hours ago, Dandruff said:

If he's still (supposedly) helping disaster victims, I'll guess that his next post will be about the wages of sin.

Is he teaching them to make piñatas and preaching to them?

My theory re his endless adultery tweets:  he's subtweeting at someone he knows, or he's deliberately dropping these in to try to get an "OMG is Derick cheating??" scandal going, so he can (self) righteously point out how ridiculous the media is, and raise his profile again.

I do wonder how often the young adult Duggars bait their social media - I bet the temptation is huge.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived