IGNORED

Maxwell Summary

mango_fandango

1 hour ago, Bajovane said:

Does Chris and Non Reversal Anna live in the Maxwell's old house, the one they lived in before they built the one they live in now?

Yes.  Even after he bought it he continued to share a room with his teenaged brothers until he married Amish Anna.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

• 2 weeks later...

Edited Joseph's section to include info on Elissa's second pregnancy.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

• 1 month later...

Edited to mention John’s WTAF WAS THAT WHY DID THEY MENTION THE VASECTOMY REVERSAL wedding.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

53 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Edited to mention John’s WTAF WAS THAT WHY DID THEY MENTION THE VASECTOMY REVERSAL wedding.

And call forward the reversal children.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I kind of implied that with the vasectomy reversal thing. 

Sorry, didn’t read the edit, just your comment. It just blows me away that they called them forward.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 10:28 AM, mango_fandango said:

The unmarried kids get birthday posts. John is 13th January, Sarah is 19th January, Mary is 21st August and Jesse is 18th September. I forget the dates for the marrieds, although I do know Nathan's is the 5th December as Sarah did a 40th birthday post for him last year. Someone else may be able to help you with Chris and Joseph.

John shares my birthday. I have a Maxwell birthday. :playful2:

I had to take a break from free jinger for a couple of years because I had a baby and got busy. 2 years later and Sarah is still not married. So disappointing. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't want to marry. I was so hopeful... 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 12:32 PM, SPHASH said:

Yes.  Even after he bought it he continued to share a room with his teenaged brothers until he married Amish Anna.

I'm guessing that you know that Anna is not Amish, but are using the term as a descriptor of her conduct and appearance.  However, for some reason, I am not comfortable with it.  Because she isn't Amish, its use at least verges on caricature.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, gustava said:

I'm guessing that you know that Anna is not Amish, but are using the term as a descriptor of her conduct and appearance.  However, for some reason, I am not comfortable with it.  Because she isn't Amish, its use at least verges on caricature.

Maybe I am totally missing something, but don't fundies get caricature-ized  here? 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

3 hours ago, gustava said:

I know she isn't Amish, I call her that cuz of the frumpers she and her girls wear.

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

Maybe I am totally missing something, but don't fundies get caricature-ized  here? 

Yes they do.

Edited by SPHASH
Spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

I've read through Stevehovah's bloviating book that sons are supposed to buy a house debt free

But he never, ever mentions how they are supposed to do this except to work at a job -- or in his sons' case work for Steve or at jobs Stevehovah approves of.

My question is whether Stevie ever explains exactly how boys are to be able to save enough to buy a house debt free. Especially since Stevie is not on board the professional job train and figures that homeschooled HS grads can make and save enough to buy a house.  Or maybe he only means a house in his city?

Here you could buy an older, small, not very well maintained house  (2 bed 1 bath) in a downhill sort of OK neighborhood for about $90K.  If you want really cheap you could buy a former crack house in a horrible neighborhood for about $35K.  Most of those crack house are without appliances, wiring, sinks, toilets, plumbing, frequently have major holes in floors and walls and are generally completely trashed. So in addition to having $35K the son would need $$ for renovations, even if he did all the work himself.

is this what he's advocating -- buying a former crack house and renovating it?  Bringing a bride to, raising a family in a horrible neighborhood?  Does Stevehovah have any idea how long it would take to save $90K?

I cannot figure out how the Maxhell sons saved enough to buy houses debt free in the Stevehovah 'hood.

I'm sure Stevie wasn't paying enormous salaries so the sons could save every dime.  I'm positive Stevehovah charged them rent until they married and moved out.

• Upvote 3

Exactly Granwych!! -- A short sale foreclosure is usually $90-100K because the bank wants to recoup money quickly. 

Pray tell oh great Stevehovah, where  and how is that son supposed to get $92K -- and then the money for the renovations?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Leavenworth appears to have very cheap housing. The guys also tend to buy fixer-uppers which is even cheaper. 

They do a lot of the renovation work themselves, which saves having to pay builders, but it’d still cost $$$. Maybe Stevehovah helps with that part, IDK.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Leavenworth appears to have very cheap housing. The guys also tend to buy fixer-uppers which is even cheaper. 

They do a lot of the renovation work themselves, which saves having to pay builders, but it’d still cost $$$. Maybe Stevehovah helps with that part, IDK.

Oh for sure he helps--he directs just what, when, how much for materials, and what colors, probably.  Haven't seen any pix of him doing jack since the building of the new Maxwell house how many years ago.

• Upvote 2

Baby boy - March 1st. Kyle Jeremiah Maxwell.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed empty quote box.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 2/28/2018 at 12:12 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm sure Stevie wasn't paying enormous salaries so the sons could save every dime.  I'm positive Stevehovah charged them rent until they married and moved out.

Actually, I don't think they did. I recall, but can't find the comment now, that someone asked how it was possible to buy debt free and save that much since the average home price is well over 6 figures without help. Teri, I think, responded they did not help except to let the sons live at home and not pay any rent or utilities until marriage. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2018 at 12:44 AM, albanuadh_1 said:

Baby boy - March 1st. Kyle Jeremiah Maxwell.

Yep, I’ll add that later. 

It'll be interesting to see how John and Chelsy’s family pan out, ie if they go the Nathan/Chris route and go Biblical, or if they go the Joseph route and non-Biblical. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Yep, I’ll add that later. 

It'll be interesting to see how John and Chelsy’s family pan out, ie if they go the Nathan/Chris route and go Biblical, or if they go the Joseph route and non-Biblical. 

I'll predict they'll have a mix: cute names for the girls with biblical middle names and "manly"/biblical names for the boys with trendy middle names.

• Upvote 3

• 4 months later...

I just read “A Wifely Victory” in it’s entirety. How fitting it was posted on the the first April Fools Day of our millenium. I doubt the Maxhell kidults know what April Fools Day is, but I hope they realize their entire upbringing was a joke.

Something that might be worthy of the summary is that it’s highly possible in recent months that the Maxwells have been withholding information about major events due to the level of Snark they get on here. Specifically, Chelsy never blogging about her and Stud John’s honeymoon, and also Anna and Mary’s “ministry” trip. On the note of that ministry trip, and the fact that Sarah is taking one as we speak, it is worth mentioning that this is the first time anything like that has ever happened in Maxhell.

• Upvote 2

On 8/5/2018 at 4:31 PM, dripcurl said:

Something that might be worthy of the summary is that it’s highly possible in recent months that the Maxwells have been withholding information about major events due to the level of Snark they get on here.

I'm going very gently to disagree that the Maxhellions withholding information is either:

1. Recent (they've been doing it for years), and
  2. Entirely due to Free Jinger snark (although I'd like to think we throw a spanner into their proselytizing works occasionally).

The Titus2 blog has always been carefully curated.  They only publish things that reinforce their main message and there have always been major omissions and deletions.  One of the first deletions I remember was the wiping of Christopher's courtship and engagement to Sara Smith and that was ages ago - 2006ish?  We never got an explanation of why that  wedding was called off.  The next thing we hear about Chris's marriage plans is when he is courting NR Anna in 2010ish, and claims that he decided to wait until he was over 30 to seek a wife.  Something of a whopping fib there, Christopher.

Then they completely wiped Joseph's engagement to Liz Munck off the blog when she called off the wedding with days to spare.  Joe's humiliation and heartbreak over being dumped at the altar may have contributed to his super-secret wedding to Elissa. 

I think both these broken engagements were wiped from the blog because they were hugely embarrassing to Steve and the ministry, not because of FJ snark at all.  Not only were we were tiny in 2006, the idea that Steve's fantastic Christian sons could be rejected makes both them and the whole courtship system look really bad.  God must have been asleep at the switch with those engagements.

Also back in 2015 John took a mystery trip overseas.  We had a whole lot of fun with that one.  I wish the Maxwells would confirm our educated guess that he went to Bangladesh.   That thread really took off but if they had told us where he was goibg in the first place we probably would have lost interest fast. 

And now we have the mystery ministry trips of Sarah and the girls other adult daughters.  It makes absolutely no sense to keep these trips top secret - unless they are ashamed of their ministries,  IMO.  They could be using those trips to drum up donations for good causes, but noooooooo.

Other things that were kept off the blog or delayed for weeks with no good reason:  the deaths of Steve's parents and step-father; the fact that he even had a step-father; Teri's father's death (for weeks); and so on.

So, yes, Free Jinger snark (persecution) probably has something to do with keeping some things under wraps but mostly the secrecy comes from embarrassment, things not being sufficiently on-message for Titus2, or Steve's paranoia.

That said, they don't owe their followers (or us) information about every single thing that goes on in their lives.  They should stop pretending some things didn't happen and stop the annoying coyness about their ministry trips. 

As for Chelsy not blogging her honeymoon in the same excruciating detail she did her wedding - thanks be to Rufus!  Some things should be kept private, thankyouverymuch.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2