IGNORED

Maxwell Summary

mango_fandango

Despite all her posts about scheduling and being organised, it seems like Teri is a master procrastinator. Like the post about sewing the button onto the cardigan. If it's not super-important, she won't do it right away. That cardigan wasn't her only cardigan, and the Mom's Corners aren't really that exciting; they're all just lather-rinse-repeat these days. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Speaking of Mom's corner,  Teri is waaaay behind! I'm getting curious as to why.

I hope that's her version of rebellion.

• Upvote 13

Wonderful job!

There was so much – – one thing may have escaped my notice:  did you mention that they sold Uriah, and that John got to drive the bus solo to California to deliver it? A mention of Uriah is also  in the short summary of the family on the sun forum main page, where it says Uriah is their bus and should be Uriah was their bus. Other than that, my goodness, I have no comments other than admiration and thanks! Your work is so complete!

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

For those who are interested, Moody book samples are viewable through the "Products" section on the site. Scroll down till you see the Moody books (they have a block-colour border round the cover) and click on one, then click on "Sample Pages". It makes for... interesting reading.

It makes for "cure-your-insomnia" reading.

9 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Speaking of Mom's corner,  Teri is waaaay behind! I'm getting curious as to why.

Sneaking those Pepsis is my guess.  Especially if they're caffeine-free.

• Upvote 8

@mango_fandango well done, I know you mentioned this took a ton of work and I can see why!

I'm happy you included my two favourite Maxhell references - the "squirting brats"/"exploding sausages" and the beautiful accompanying picture of thick squirting sausages (now scrubbed, sadly), and the Cheese Paper Sandwich Story.  I can't believe I've been following the Maxwells for almost a decade and they've only gotten more boring.  

I laughed hard at this: "Chris takes wedding photos for a living; however they are derided on FJ for their poor quality."

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I have suspected ASD/Aspergers' (waiting on an appointment for an official diagnosis) and part of that is that when I'm interested in something, I can get really really into it; we're good at thoroughly researching the things we're interested in! I suppose, though, when researching a family like the Maxwells with such a long history, I was going to forget a few things/make a couple of mistakes. 

The Maxwells are probably the fundies I have the most experience/knowledge of. Erika Shupe was my gateway fundie but she's completely changed now and barely posts on the internet anymore so I suppose the Maxwells were the natural successors as my main family of interest.

• Upvote 7

Yeah, I did mention them at one point. Didn't call them Daddy Tapes though. They were all kinds of fucked up... like the Maxwells themselves.

• Upvote 6

Great summary @mango_fandango!  I've been reading the Maxwell's blog since it began and you hit it all!

As I read Christopher's bio, and was reminded of his broken engagement to Sara Smith, I wondered if they would have made her go by her first and middle names like they do NR Anna?

On the blog the lack of an "h" might be enough to differentiate her from (the real) Sarah, but what if Christopher yelled for her to come help him take pictures of his brother's new baby?

Which Sara/Sarah would obediently come running?

• Upvote 5

Excellent summary! Despite being  a long-haul Maxhoovian, it was nice to get a refresher on names and dates.

As to Steve and Teri using Scamaritan, I don't think that they do. The family shills for the service, but if memory serves, Teri and Steve have their own private insurance elsewhere due to vague "pre-existing issues" that Sarah alluded to in a post a couple of years ago. So, just like in many other things, Steve and Teri are pleased to pay for the worldly insurance they want for themselves, but feel that their adult children should be satisfied with trusting in the Lord's Medicine Hustle  in the event they need medical attention.

• Upvote 9

On 10/6/2017 at 2:50 AM, SolomonFundy said:

As to Steve and Teri using Scamaritan, I don't think that they do. The family shills for the service, but if memory serves, Teri and Steve have their own private insurance elsewhere due to vague "pre-existing issues" that Sarah alluded to in a post a couple of years ago. So, just like in many other things, Steve and Teri are pleased to pay for the worldly insurance they want for themselves, but feel that their adult children should be satisfied with trusting in the Lord's Medicine Hustle  in the event they need medical attention.

Right now with Obamacare Goofy Anna, Forgotten Jesse, and Scary Mary would be under their parents insurance until age 26.

Edited by SPHASH
Clipping quote
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Well we can now add that John is engaged to Chelsy Bontrager, as revealed on the Bontrager blog, and the wedding is scheduled for December 30th. Discussion is ongoing in the current Maxwell thread. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Thanks @mango_fandango for the recap i'm Now approccing the family trough the Bontragers and i feel like i will need our pecious :ferret::ferret: to come help me. Can i ask the birthdates of the kidults? Thanks again wonderfull job

• Upvote 1

The unmarried kids get birthday posts. John is 13th January, Sarah is 19th January, Mary is 21st August and Jesse is 18th September. I forget the dates for the marrieds, although I do know Nathan's is the 5th December as Sarah did a 40th birthday post for him last year. Someone else may be able to help you with Chris and Joseph. 

The birthday posts are always the same, always about how much they love Jesus, a couple of qualities like "hardworking" and "determined", and often how they take their coffee or how John likes eating leftovers etc. They're very interchangeable and not much difference between each. 

• Upvote 4

Basically like the Duggars birth post so...a chocolate sundee and a birth post copy and paste from the year  before

• Upvote 2

On 25.9.2017 at 8:42 AM, Bethella said:

Steve is the pastor and the congregation consists of the extended Maxwell family and those few residents who haven't managed to escape. 

.. or to die.

Sorry. I'm quite morbide these days.

Thank you @mango_fandango, great summary!!!

Edited by ophelia
typo.
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Thanks @mango_fandango for the recap i'm Now approccing the family trough the Bontragers and i feel like i will need our pecious :ferret::ferret: to come help me. Can i ask the birthdates of the kidults? Thanks again wonderfull job

Information on the Maxwells (and other families) can be found here: http://fotw.freejinger.org/family.php?famid=F23&ged=fotw2

• Thank You 1

Interesting how all the kids have a middle name except Mary. Is this because one hasn't been found? I doubt she was left out deliberately. 

• Upvote 2

Really good work - thanks!

My only suggestion is to add birth years for them rather than mentioning ages (for example, Mary "just turning 21") so the info has a shelf life and doesn't have to be updated annually. 

• Upvote 5

Good idea. I think the years are listed on the family tree. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic

Does Chris and Non Reversal Anna live in the Maxwell's old house, the one they lived in before they built the one they live in now?