IGNORED

Counting On, Season 4 Part 2: Still Far Behind Real Life

Coconut Flan

After the umpteenth courtship, engagement, wedding, pregnancy and baby, it really is like Groundhog Day. We've seen it all already. TLC is lazy and just repeats its 'winning' formula for the show. It's hard to care when it's all the same. Unless Jana gets married in the near future, I can't see how they're going to sustain viewership.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, patsymae said:

I took my son to see the Full Monty movie (he was an adult) when it came out and he could have used subtitles. As for Irish, one time my husband and I were hitchhiking (yeah, I'm that old) in the west of Ireland and we got picked up by a lovely French couple who had come there to use/improve their English. We stopped 

That said, every place I moved, the Midwest was the worst for this, people would start talking about "Joisey." .......  but I've never heard it and it always made me want to hit them.

Yes! Same here. I’m from the NY Metro area. I KNOW I don’t say ‘Joisey’ and have never met anyone who does. 

I’ve found that level, eye to eye contact, while looking as blank as possible, usually shuts up all but the most boorish.

I have no idea if I am upvoting someone anymore and due to real life i haven't been on all weekend.  I think I screwed up upvoting maramalde - I am not fond yet of this new system 

give me time. to much real life 

[mention=13860]RosyDaisy[/mention]  Do you mean the "fans" pay that much to see the games?  If so, that is absolutely incredible to me. 

Yes, they do. It's no different than paying big bucks for a concert, opera, play, etc. I don't see what the problem is. That money goes back into the university to fund education and research.

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

After the umpteenth courtship, engagement, wedding, pregnancy and baby, it really is like Groundhog Day. We've seen it all already. TLC is lazy and just repeats its 'winning' formula for the show. It's hard to care when it's all the same. Unless Jana gets married in the near future, I can't see how they're going to sustain viewership.

There is only on pregnant Duggar (that we know of) right now. So there will be a lull after Joy's baby in terms of babies and we'll all be dying of boredom. Then sure you could have an onslaught with Jessa, Jinger and Kendra all good candidates and Jill and Anna somewhat behind them. And truthfully it is less and less interesting with every new baby, who cares about Jill's #3, for example?

The courtships/engagements/weddings of Duggar sons are not that interesting but that's all they'll have for a very long time aside from maybe Jana. Who seems more content to raise cucumbers than contribute to the world's overpopulation issues. Good for her.

There's rarely a lull in babies. I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. 

8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

There's rarely a lull in babies. I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. 

Definitely not. There are six couples who could potentially be pregnant at anytime. They have all been taught that any type of birth control is evil and that the wife should be joyfully available anytime. Chances are decent that there will be another announcement before Joy gives birth. If not before it would surely come shortly after. 

Since Jill announced her first pregnancy has there been a time where there wasn't at least one Duggar pregnant? I'm thinking it was only the time between Jessa's pregnancies but I'm not sure. 

Just now, Knight of Ni said:

Since Jill announced her first pregnancy has there been a time where there wasn't at least one Duggar pregnant? I'm thinking it was only the time between Jessa's pregnancies but I'm not sure. 

Yep the few months between Spurgeon and Henry. That was it. 

Do you think they are going to do an episode for Jill's last labor and delivery? It seems strange that it wasn't one of the first episodes they did. Back when the show was really popular they put the special episodes out quickly. 

41 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yep the few months between Spurgeon and Henry. That was it. 

I think this will be the last time for at least the next 10 years...

JB and Michelle will soon be lost in a sea of 50 grandchildren and not know their names or how old they are...(maybe only +/-1 year)

Mackynzie, as the first grandchild, almost is forgotten, as Izzy is the first grandchild by a Duggar-daughter, which, ironically, seems more important to the brand, even though it's all about the PATRIARCHY!

I'm starting to think they won't.  I think something went wrong that they don't think they can really hide and they don't want to show it.  I also think Jill and family are being phased out either because they want to or because they are not popular.  

30 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I'm starting to think they won't.  I think something went wrong that they don't think they can really hide and they don't want to show it.  I also think Jill and family are being phased out either because they want to or because they are not popular.  

I think they aren't showing Jill and family because of Derrick and the things he's said on social media.  I too think something went wrong with her delivery. 

I'm not sure, they were showing them less before the social media weren't they?  I think there may be a bit of a chicken and egg thing going on but I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I'm not sure, they were showing them less before the social media weren't they?  I think there may be a bit of a chicken and egg thing going on but I'm not sure.

i'd rather watch Benessa than those 2 anyway, they are tolerable. Jill drive me nuts and don't get me started on Derrick. 

59 minutes ago, 3 ring circus said:

Do you think they are going to do an episode for Jill's last labor and delivery? 

Henry was born in the middle of a season and they showed him birth in the next season. He was shown at Joy's wedding and then he was born either the show after Joy's wedding or two weeks later. It was shown pretty quickly. Samuel was born during the season as well. In the scheme of things, they aren't up to his birth. But, that doesn't normally matter. 

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived