IGNORED

Seewalds 26: Marketing her cute growing (?) family

samurai_sarah

I got pregnant again because the docs assured me that HG was "rare" and would likely not happen again...

Hah.

They also assured me that "morning sickness equals a strong, healthy baby" - yet, I still miscarried while having HG. So. I think child birthing is still quite a mystery, even to the old guard medical pros. :)

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/23/2017 at 5:46 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

I still can't get over how much Princess Charlotte looks like the Queen. It's hilarious. 

Same! That's probably why Charlotte of Cambridge is my favorite celeb baby. Those QE2 genes are strong! 

I had it really bad with 2 of my 3. I was throwing up constantly hour after hour. I ended up tearing the surface of my esophagus so I was throwing up blood. With the older, they started me with promethazine and all I did was sleep, even at 1/4 of the dose. They finally changed me to Zofran which was an absolute godsend. I could function. Problem was with my son Tricare would only pay for so much vs my other insurance so I had it, but only enough to stop the violent puking. I felt nauseated a good 75% of my pregnancy. Slurpees (squishees, frozen cherry coke) and sour apple blow-pops helped though.

26 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

I felt nauseated a good 75% of my pregnancy. Slurpees (squishees, frozen cherry coke) and sour apple blow-pops helped though.

Peanut butter. Straight off the spoon. The ONLY thing I kept down for about five months.

And I was puking in the delivery room. Miraculously stopped the minute Gryffindor Disappointment was out of me. lol

While I never been knocked up before but I have some variation of chronic vomiting.

From my personal experience Zofran has been my worst enemy. I ended up in the ER twice from it. One very recent visit to the ER for a broken foot mixed in with the stomach deciding to act up. Think of that lovely scene from the exorcist to give you an idea. I had a nurse call me a flat out liar about the side effects I experience on the drug despite it being noted near top of the file. Maybe I'm just picky, but having to use that hospital for things like medical testing over a course of 3 years, I really wonder if besides the janitors if they whip the workers for showing any inky of compassion with to go with the bed side manner.

But I know for a lot of people the drug actually works and I'm jealous. I believe there studies about the drug having potential birth releated side effects but I don't think it's conclusive evidences yet.

I took what is basically Diclegis in my fist two pregnancies in the early 80s.  It was marketed them under the name Bendectin.  It was a lifesaver.  With my first daughter, I threw up for about 5 months.  With my second, my throwing up period was shorter but it still lasted a couple of months.

Pyridoxine/doxylamine

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Are you me? Dear god - HG was awful. I had one additional pregnancy with HG, which ended in miscarriage (along with others that also ended in miscarriage without HG). I ruptured blood vessels in my eyes, cheeks, neck, and chest from the violent vomiting. And I found out that Doritos are probably the worst thing to have eaten prior to upchucking...

I still remember the taste of Emetrol (it triggers my gag reflex just typing the word).

I'm so very sorry for your losses. 

I've just hit week 12 and am so ready for the all day sickness to be gone, or at least hopefully get it to where I can sleep more than just naps and not wake up needing to immediately be sick. On a fun note I coach a little boys soccer team, at our early morning game Saturday I went off to the bushes to be sick. So thank you random dad for feeling the need to lecture me on not partying too much the night before morning games and being an example for your son. Then ask if I'm one of those coaches there for ordered community service. He's making me like the lech dad more, for there's always at least one of them. 

12 minutes ago, cascarones said:

So thank you random dad for feeling the need to lecture me on not partying too much the night before morning games and being an example for your son. Then ask if I'm one of those coaches there for ordered community service.

Please tell me you eviscerated him with a witty comeback. 

I never understand why people are so rude. 

@cascaronesI really need you to show up to a game sporting a pregnancy announcement shirt as soon as you feel ready to announce. And have a loud and pointed conversation next to this dad about how far along you are and how you wish parents set better examples for their kids by not being jerks to pregnant women. And then when he gets pissy cause he obviously didn't know you're pregnant, say something about how assuming can make an ass out people.

I know you probably won't, but it would make me so happy. :pb_lol:

On 9/23/2017 at 2:35 AM, SuffolkNWhat said:

I'm surprised Catherine is having a third to be honest. I've had two hyperemesis pregnancies and the thought of going through it again makes me feel a lot of dread. No amount of money or help in the world makes a difference when your body turns on you like that. It's hell. 

Daughter has had 2 hyperemesis pregnancies .  She found out she was pregnant with baby 2 just a month after giving birth to baby 1.    Both kids are fine, healthy and honor students.  They will be their parents only children.

Just now, NewOrleansLady said:

just a month after giving birth to baby 1

Dear god. I was still holding my then hubby at an arm's distance two months after I had GryffDis!

41 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Dear god. I was still holding my then hubby at an arm's distance two months after I had GryffDis!

Haha, I was going to say the same. My OB said to me at my 6-week post partum follow up that I'd be surprised how many women came to that appointment pregnant. I was like what the hell...totally unfathomable to me. 

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Peanut butter. Straight off the spoon. The ONLY thing I kept down for about five months.

And I was puking in the delivery room. Miraculously stopped the minute Gryffindor Disappointment was out of me. lol

Same with me and mini Suffolk one. Last vomit was 2 hours before she was born. I weighed 3 stone less at delivery than before I conceived her however I wouldn't recommend that diet!

I used to plan my eating around what was a) easy to bring back up [hint heavy carbs are a no] and b ) what didn't taste awful being brought back up. I ate a lot of tinned peaches because of that!

1 hour ago, twoarrows said:

Please tell me you eviscerated him with a witty comeback. 

I never understand why people are so rude. 

No, but I didn't exactly go out of my way to avoid his shoes on the next bout, because quite frankly if you're standing that close you deserve it. Then managed to point over to where his son was being comforted by another parent, indicating he should be over there. Poor thing took a ball to an inopportune place, cue the closing reminder to parents that boys need to wear all of their protective gear and that boys of all ages need a bit more than shinguards.  

@VelociRapture I totally should, though I imagine it would go right over his head or he'd judge me for acting like a normal person when pregnant. Justify it in his head that I shouldn't be doing something so dangerous as interact with high energy children armed with soft balls they can kick or throw at me. 

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Haha, I was going to say the same. My OB said to me at my 6-week post partum follow up that I'd be surprised how many women came to that appointment pregnant. I was like what the hell...totally unfathomable to me. 

It took me a bit over 12 weeks. My OBGYN wanted to be sure I was as healed as possible before giving us the ok. She didn't want me experiencing anymore discomfort or pain than necessary. It worked really well for us that way because I honestly didn't have an interest in sex before that point.

Everyone is different and will feel ready at different points. My only advice for expectant moms is to carefully consider before they do start. Know what risks there are to not waiting the six weeks and take the proper precautions to prevent injury, infection, or another pregnancy (if you aren't ready for another one.)

Spoiler

0dcce8af66852c1bc73e24c895a94836.thumb.jpg.8ee6a6ba5eb5cd0b9b007f8208a9a688.jpg

Spoiler

67CFD2C356FAB6A7DC6CF39D39EC040C.fullsizerender-2-photogallery.jpg.d8c7e7919465d2ce5b671c1ee7df1e3c.jpg

Spoiler

poqbygyav4.jpg.63b519aae253b08dd979af16e5c7bb62.jpg

I feel bad because I look for Spurgeon in Henry and my god Spurgy is adorable and he was cute almost from the beginning.

Spurgeon could have been a baby model. I am surprised, to be honest, that they didn't do modelling with him or commercials or something. Considering the Enslows seem to be almost running the show now. This baby photographs well and seems good tempered. I mean when I think about the idea of a child of mine doing something in the biz I get a little uncomfortable but he could have been their gravy train. They are already in the media and Spurgeon is in the media so why not create demand for your child so he is worth more. Granted my inner monologue involves not taking it overly seriously and one day of work could mean 1000 towards his college fund.... But with Duggars, I guess a college fund is Mut.  He isn't useful till he can help Boob with a project.

It's interesting because I think that Henry will be the better looking adult. Spurgeon is like a super cute muppet but in my experience they tend to sort change once you're out of the toddler years and there isn't quite the premium put on cuteness.

They definitely could have taken him modeling because baby modeling is more about the personality than the look. And he has a very photogenic personality. My son is a week older than Spurgie and we got approached several times for modelling because he was an honest to goodness stunning baby - not in the cute way that Spurgeon is but in a drop dead gorgeous with piercing blue eyes way. My husband wouldn't let me take him in though haha.

@Carm_88 Your photo plus user title gave me the shivers - I severely hope none of the 2nd generation of Duggars have to grow up like their mothers did.

Of course I don't think YOU would advocate this, but look at the coincidence:

59cb0c9104627_ScreenShot2017-09-27at03_24_31.png.acdeae0dc52af2f8348529994263c878.png

@Lurky I noticed that. It's rather chilling. Hopefully Spurgeon and the Seewald crew don't deal with it. Seeing the heartbreak of the younger Duggars, Jenni in the last Counting On episode, is rough. :( 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Seeing the heartbreak of the younger Duggars, Jenni in the last Counting On episode, is rough. :( 

Even just reading it in @Buzzard's recaps makes me so sad.  I can see why Jana could be guilted into staying at home, as she's watched all her sisters from Joy down have to cope with losing the person who does their day-to-day mothering - and poor Jenni losing 2 of them!  It makes me almost believe Jana is deliberately holding on until the youngest girls have more resilience, because just reading about Jenni is harrowing.

Considering Henri's looks: I actually think he looks quite a bit like Jennifer! Anyone else with me on this?

On 9/24/2017 at 3:44 PM, VelociRapture said:

There are medications for morning sickness now. I was in Diclegis due to excessive vomiting my first trimester last year - at least once every hour, so nowhere near as bad as HG. I would think that (and other medications) would be fine for HG treatment, but it likely depends on the woman and how her body responds.

Women who experience HG are ridiculously tough. I hope they figure out what exactly causes it and find a treatment that helps even the worst cases.

I’m on Diclegis now with HG at 18 weeks. At the max dose, I still vomit a few times a day, but I can actually keep food and liquids down. Weight loss seems to have finally stopped too. 

I had HG with my first and really didn’t think I could do it again. She’s almost 6 now, so clearly it took me awhile to get over. I’m 99.99999% sure this is our last. There’s the tiny chance that something crazy happens. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived