IGNORED

Seewalds 26: Marketing her cute growing (?) family

samurai_sarah

There's still so much sexism in this world. About a week ago an actress from my country posted a TBT picture of her husband with their son when he was a baby and caption it with: Moms out there, our husbands best looks are when they help us with the kids, isn't it? #youlookedsocute #iwantanewbaby.

I slammed the shit out of her, saying it's not HELP but his damn job since he also made that baby. Sadly, just me and other poster said that and our comments got lost in a sea of commenters saying they agreed or their husbands "helped" too. Disgusting, smh.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

I would rather chop off my arm than vacuum. SO you can bet when I get a home of own its all gonna be hardwood. 

We have hardwood floors and they have to be vacuumed every damned day. Don’t get dark wood.

Parents figure things out. My husband worked weekdays (M-F), I worked weekend nights (Fri, Sat, Sun). One of us was always home with the kids. On weekends he fed babies, burped them, changed them, played with them, bathed them and put them to bed. He did laundry, cooked dinner, did the dishes, cleaned as necessary. I slept all day Saturday and Sunday, got up in time to eat (what he cooked), shower and go back to work. It worked for us. It takes time to figure things out. No one size fits all. I learned a long time ago, housework can wait. There are much more important things. Your house can be spotless and guest ready after they are grown and you are retired...lol.

ETA: This worked out for us for 20+ years. I have always worked nights. Not one single day shift. 

7 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Perhaps she’s trying to reach a broader audience, or maybe she just leaves those duties to Bin (I don’t follow him either).

Binjerman is pretty quiet these days. You barely hear a peep out of him. I suspect it's because he is actually working (doing something, we have no idea what), studying, and parenting. That said, he's training to go into ministry (of course!) so I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes more vocal again in the future. 

8 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

We have hardwood floors and they have to be vacuumed every damned day. Don’t get dark wood.

We have light hardwood and a black and a chocolate lab.....same problem, lol.

Spoiler

image.png

I saw a facebook friend post that she's so lucky to have a husband who will "babysit" their kid for a few hours so she can have some time to herself. So frustrating!

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

I saw a facebook friend post that she's so lucky to have a husband who will "babysit" their kid for a few hours so she can have some time to herself. So frustrating!

She is very fortunate. I babysat my kids for years, as a SAHM.  Many days I was desperate for my husband to come home so that he could help me babysit them before bedtime.  Sometimes he babysat them all alone.  One time I came home and all hell had broken loose. Good times.  Babysitting your kids is hard!

3 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Reminds me of Fresh Off the Boat:

9d70f852c86446b828805d1ece240ac3.jpg

12 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why this thread is hot...:dontgetit:

Yeah I googled Jessa Duggar pregnant before clicking on this thread. Nothing to see here. I’m moving back to my Maxwell’s & JillRod threads. 

I love that people are offended that this thread is hot. Sorry to disappoint. Would you like your refund now or later? :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, JPickleDuggar said:

I totally agree with how gross the diapers are, but she said they've collected in the past 12 hours so it's not like they've been sitting there for days; but I don't have kids so I can't talking too much into that. -snip-

Thanks for the clarification hun, I somehow missed the bit about being a pile of only 12 hours old diapers, versus what I had assumed was days worth :P

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I hate dishes. Doesn't matter how little time it takes, I hate it. 

Me too. I'll wash and fold laundry all damn day. Just hate dishes. 

Even worse: grocery shopping. I really despise grocery shopping and if I get any sort of significant raise in the next two years, will be using a delivery service even though I'm single and not really in that economic bracket. Not really a fan of any part of the whole food preparation and cleaning up process, honestly. 

FWIW,

When DH and I first married, we were waiting on his green card (don't even get me started), and he was a SAHD/SAHH for almost three years. During that time, he did everything in the house - and I mean EVERYTHING, just as I did everything when I was a SAHM

5 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Not really a fan of any part of the whole food preparation and cleaning up process, honestly. 

Why I'd love to replace my stove with a vending machine.

I hated to vacuum until I got a Shark.  Love it.  Works really well with my two cats, and I can use it on all the surfaces in my home.

I'm a vacuuming convert now.

Funnily, one of my cats is terrified of all vacuums (and brooms/mops), and the other one could not give a flying fig!

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

Yeah, hardwood =/= vacuuming. I vacuum my hardwood, my tile, and my one carpeted room.

We have laminate flooring in our house and we still need to vacuum pretty often (we do so every 3-4 days). However we also got a steam mop because with an active preschooler running around we have to do a deep clean monthly, if not more often in some rooms. Having grown up in carpeted houses I love not worrying about stains and the laminate is much better for my DH's allergies. 

TBH I'm only commenting to try and keep the hot streak going and mess with folks. ;) 

51 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

Thanks for the clarification hun, I somehow missed the bit about being a pile of only 12 hours old diapers, versus what I had assumed was days worth :P

If there are THAT many diapers for a 12-hour period, one (or both) of those kids is SICK. :8U:

2 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

I would rather chop off my arm than vacuum. SO you can bet when I get a home of own its all gonna be hardwood. 

all i can say is hardwood floors are dusty 

and is someone challenging me to time my 18 inch dishwasher removal - shall I do it while the cleaning lady is here on Saturday 

challenge accepted 

So I stumbled across this pic under "Mom memes" . . . and immediately thought of Jessa, and this thread:

Spoiler

81026c316d0079f396b317b185a701a1--baseball-season-baseball-mom.jpg.6912f516d3433e7c0a2211db50d97949.jpg

*I'll try to catch up tomorrow morning, but hopefully this one wasn't posted in the last two pages :P

2 hours ago, Fascinated said:

This is tooo true. We have dark hardwood. You can see every tiny crumb from a mile away. I have to sweep and mop them once sometimes twice a day. 

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Me too. I'll wash and fold laundry all damn day. Just hate dishes. 

Even worse: grocery shopping. I really despise grocery shopping and if I get any sort of significant raise in the next two years, will be using a delivery service even though I'm single and not really in that economic bracket. Not really a fan of any part of the whole food preparation and cleaning up process, honestly. 

I don’t mind the grocery shopping part so much as the bringing it in and putting it away part. And my least favourite thing in the world is cleaning fucking toilets. Can I get an amen?

21 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I don’t mind the grocery shopping part so much as the bringing it in and putting it away part. And my least favourite thing in the world is cleaning fucking toilets. Can I get an amen?

Amen! Followed by taking the hair out of the drain in the shower/tub. :shock:

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Amen! Followed by taking the hair out of the drain in the shower/tub. :shock:

Oh, yes. That’s not pleasant. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived