IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 6: Sitting in a tree...M.A.R.R.I.E.D!

samurai_sarah

Just now, singsingsing said:

Yes, they do. Why wouldn't they?

Do they do that for everyone, for all women? Or only the women who suspects something? Maybe I should rephrase my question. At the 6 week postpartum appointment, how often would you have already suspected things, as you'd be less than 6 weeks pregnant and not having missed a period yet. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They definitely have to if they will be writing you a prescription for birth control (very common at the 6 week pp check up) because hormonal birth control cant be taken when youre pregnant.  

I had to take a pregnancy test at my 6-week postpartum, even though the LAST thing on my mind was sex. Jesus fucking Christ - I'd just pushed out a fucking WATERMELON and I wasn't even close to entertaining the thought of anything (MUCH SMALLER) going in there. Nope. And it hurt for months.

10 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Do they do that for everyone, for all women? Or only the women who suspects something? Maybe I should rephrase my question. At the 6 week postpartum appointment, how often would you have already suspected things, as you'd be less than 6 weeks pregnant and not having missed a period yet. 

Sorry, I wasn't clear either - I meant they definitely do it for a lot of women, but I'm actually not sure if it's a regular thing/something done for every single woman at her 6-week check-up!

49 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear either - I meant they definitely do it for a lot of women, but I'm actually not sure if it's a regular thing/something done for every single woman at her 6-week check-up!

Didn't have one at either of mine.... but I wasn't getting on BC either.

I did but I was also going back on birth control.

Pregnancy killed my libido both during and after there was no way in hell I would've had sex within 6 weeks. Fuck that lol.

On 11/16/2017 at 8:36 AM, Eternalbluepearl said:

This happened to my mom too. 

my sister and i are 10 months and 3 weeks apart in age.  not fundy.  just had very young and (ahem) eager parents... 

I wasn't particularly interested in resuming sweet fellowship before my 6 weeks pp checkup after either of my kids was born, so no need for a pregnancy test in my case. I did have to get a new sized diaphragm, because my internal geography was rather different after giving birth. (I used a diaphragm before we had kids and it was nice to already be comfortable using a method that was compatible with breastfeeding.) 

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

They do it for everyone going on hormonal birth control as far as I know. I had it done at mine earlier this year. It’s pretty routine. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I had to take a pregnancy test at my 6-week postpartum, even though the LAST thing on my mind was sex. Jesus fucking Christ - I'd just pushed out a fucking WATERMELON and I wasn't even close to entertaining the thought of anything (MUCH SMALLER) going in there. Nope. And it hurt for months.

Same. I didn’t even get the ok until I was 12 weeks postpartum - and even then, we chose to wait an extra week to be sure the birth control pills were working and that I honestly felt healed enough. I had one second degree tear and two first degree tears. I didn’t need pain meds while I was healing, but neither of us wanted to risk causing further damage. 

I've already been told that I'll have one at my 6 week follow up. My doctor said she does one for everyone- whether or not they say they've resumed sweet fellowship. Makes sense to me to check everyone. Not everyone is always honest with their doctor and if the doctor is going to prescribe some sort of birth control, I can understand wanting to be sure.

7 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

@JDuggs The informations on the PP sites are not what I would rely on for birth control, honestly. They also claim that hormonal birth control methods have health benefits... (I know they do have them for some people, eg. with edometriosis, but for many people, they have nasty side effects instead of benefits). It is helpful for getting birth control or abortions or IUDs, but they do not offer good informations on non-hormonal methods. :/ 

Edit: The site also says

which is not true. If your period returns, you might already have ovulated before... 

PP also says FAMs (Fertility Awareness Methods) are only 76-88% effective. But they fail to explain that there are methods that combine several fertility signs and that those are way safer- for example, Tony Weschler's FAM can have a Pearl Index of 2 (meaning that out of 100 women, 2 get pregnant when using that method for a year). If I were Planned Parenthood, instead of enumerating those methods that are not very safe, I would only mention those with a high safety (and effectiveness over 95%). 

And a funny thing is that when I take their quiz about which contraception is best for me, I always choose "I don't want to take hormones" and they always recommend hormonal IUDs to me. :D 

Hormonal birth control is literally the only thing that allows me to work and live normally, without a huge amount of pain. So please don’t say that this information is invalid or wrong, because that kind of misinformation is what leads to birth control not being considered “medicine” in our current political climate.  

@closetcagebaby Umm, did you read what I said? Because you quoted me: "...I know they do have them for some people, eg. with endometriosis, but for many people, they have nasty side effects instead of benefits...." The birth cotrol pill DOES help with some conditions, like i mentioned, endometriosis or PCO(S) and it is used as medicine to help these people, but you can't say that the pill or any other hormonal methods has health benefits in general as if anybody could have these effects, especially not when there are so many side effects like thrombosis, it can worsen a depression, loss of libido, less natural lubrification, higher risk of cancer, migraine... Hormonal IUDs also carry the risk of piercing the uterine lining. Some people only realize the side effects of hormonal birth control after years because it starts slowly. 

You might also remember BAYER being sued in the US because their pills had even higher risks of blood clots and heart attacks. http://www.center4research.org/birth-control-pills-risky/ 

Of course the bc pill is medicine when it is prescribed to treat certain conditions and some women have nearly no other (realistic) alternative. I don't want to argue against that. 

On 18/11/2017 at 12:29 AM, AtlanticTug said:

I had a c-section and expected that it would mean no pain afterwards (in terms of sex) and that was wrong, wrong, wrong. Interestingly there have been studies done and a number of papers written about how the pain associated with sex is higher in c-section women than vaginal birth women which is totally counterintuitive.

That’s interesting, I’ve never heard that before. All of my births have been c-sections and I have to force myself to wait five weeks. I’m chomping at the bit after about three. I’ve never experienced pain; my husband and I are just careful not to pull at my incision. Painless postpartum sex is one of the “perks” I count for myself whenever I feel disappointed about surgical births.

There was an article in the NZ Herald a few months ago about women being pressured into having sex and even raped shortly after giving birth,, which is really dangerous for the woman's health. It was a sad article but the worst part was the facebook comments. There were lots of men criticizing the women in the article and insisting that they have the right to have sex with their wife whenever they want.

23 hours ago, sta_sha said:

I've already been told that I'll have one at my 6 week follow up. My doctor said she does one for everyone- whether or not they say they've resumed sweet fellowship. Makes sense to me to check everyone. Not everyone is always honest with their doctor and if the doctor is going to prescribe some sort of birth control, I can understand wanting to be sure.

I honestly can't remember if I did at the six-week mark. I know I did have a pregnancy test six weeks later when I went back for an IUD insertion, but that's standard.

Of course, having said that, I had no interest in fellowshipping with Mr. NQ for a while after that anyway! Small tear (one not quite healed at the six-week check) plus sleep deprivation plus PPD does not help with physical interest.

@Rachel333, that was what I was thinking with the question of having sex before then. Some of the above posters mentioned being interested, but in an abusive relationship there's no guarantee that the woman's choice would be taken into account.

9 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

There was an article in the NZ Herald a few months ago about women being pressured into having sex and even raped shortly after giving birth,, which is really dangerous for the woman's health. It was a sad article but the worst part was the facebook comments. There were lots of men criticizing the women in the article and insisting that they have the right to have sex with their wife whenever they want.

Yeah, I was going to point out in response to all the 'omg, no way I'd have sex after birth' comments that many women don't get the choice to wait. Heartbreaking.

I love that everyone is different. I don't care if women use birth control or don't as long as they are the ones who get to make the choice. If they want to have sex immediately post partum, cool--as long as they are the ones who get to choose. 

All of Kendra's family look like children. It took me a minute to find ~any adults. 

11 minutes ago, J'Lurker said:

I love that everyone is different. I don't care if women use birth control or don't as long as they are the ones who get to make the choice. If they want to have sex immediately post partum, cool--as long as they are the ones who get to choose. 

All of Kendra's family look like children. It took me a minute to find ~any adults. 

Joe looks like he might be older than his father in law.

@grandmadugger I asked my headship to find the adults. He picked "the sitting chick" and "receding hairline." Anecdotal evidence that you are correct, he does look older than K's dad.

As a sidenote, the Duggar boys reallly need a skilled barber.

On 11/18/2017 at 3:28 AM, L1o2u3 said:

@closetcagebaby 

but you can't say that the pill or any other hormonal methods has health benefits in general as if anybody could have these effects, especially not when there are so many side effects like thrombosis, it can worsen a depression, loss of libido, less natural lubrification, higher risk of cancer, migraine...

Um....pretty sure HBC helps with my horrific cystic acne and helps with making my uterus feel as if its no longer trying to murder me. I would count that as a benefit, but what do I know?

15 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Kendra's almost completely hidden behind her mom. She's totes knocked up. 

Waiting for the tabloids to pick this up in 3...2...1...

The trees in the photo still have green leaves. The photo was probably taken back in August, before they were married. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived