IGNORED

Dylann Roof can't fire Jewish and Indian lawyers

47of74

Convicted terrorist Dylann Roof  wanted to change lawyers because the ones appealing his death sentence are Jewish and Indian.  The court said no. 

Roof's handwritten appeal was filed Monday. He wrote: "It will be impossible for me to trust two attorneys that are my political and biological enemies."

In denying Roof's requests, the judges wrote: "The court denies the motion for substitution of counsel on appeal."

Whoever assigned them to his case has a seriously twisted sense of humour...

I wonder how they feel, defending an anti semitic racist.

Amazing. I truly believe he was assigned these lawyers on purpose. Someone wanted to fuck with this little white supremacist terrorist's head. He has to depend on people he despises for no reason, and they show him that they rise above his hate and do their job.

Though like @sawasdee I wonder how the lawyers feel. Lawyers have to defend despicable people all the time, it's part of their job. But it's very different when it hits so close to home, when you know this person would harm you and your family just for existing.

13 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Amazing. I truly believe he was assigned these lawyers on purpose. Someone wanted to fuck with this little white supremacist terrorist's head. He has to depend on people he despises for no reason, and they show him that they rise above his hate and do their job.

Though like @sawasdee I wonder how the lawyers feel. Lawyers have to defend despicable people all the time, it's part of their job. But it's very different when it hits so close to home, when you know this person would harm you and your family just for existing.

Based on my extended family, a Jewish lawyer isn't exactly uncommon. I think the lawyers might actually like this case (not the person) as it's probably going to help their careers.

Archived