IGNORED

Ark Encounter skewered in video

47of74

A couple atheists gave their review of the Ark Encounter

Creationist Ken Ham’s $92 million Noah’s Ark theme park was mercilessly mocked in a video tour of the government-subsidized Kentucky boondoggle.

Atheists Seth Andrews and Matt Dillahunty paid the $40 ticket price and $10 for parking to visit the controversial Ark Encounter project in Williamstown, Kentucky. They recorded video of their visit and worked with “various Kentucky freethinkers” to create a hilarious narration of the exhibits, which include humans fighting gladiator battles against dinosaurs.

“It’s a bogus story sold to adults and a lie told to children,” the narrator of the video claims. “It’s a church masquerading as a Kentucky tourist attraction and it’s a tragic waste of resources.”

One of the consistent themes of their tour was the lack of visitors. Their video showed empty parking lots, a huge empty space at admission and corridors with few guests.

Here's the video

I haven't watched the video yet, but I did listen to Seth Andrews' TTA podcast covering the grand opening(?) of the AE where he spoke with some people who'd gone to protest or just attend ironically. Apparently it was so lame that they all actually sounded disappointed by the lameness; I suppose they expected it'd at least be kinda cool with the giant ark and the animals and whatnot.

I watched this yesterday :pb_biggrin:

I was quite pleased to see how empty it was, the watermarks on the outside of the "Ark" and the people being thrown to dinosaurs!

What a load of BS it all is :D 

On 9/16/2017 at 6:32 PM, Khan said:

I laughed so hard at people being thrown to the dinosaurs that I woke my snoozling kitty. That video is gold. 

Absolutely my favorite part of the video.  I'm sure it really happened, lol!  :cracking-up::crocodile:

On 9/16/2017 at 9:32 PM, Khan said:

I laughed so hard at people being thrown to the dinosaurs that I woke my snoozling kitty. That video is gold. 

IS THE DINOSAUR WEARING A HAT??

OMG! KEN HAM PUT A TINY HAT ON A DINOSAUR!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

How can anyone outside of fundies take this seriously? Hats on dinosaurs!!!!!!!!

One has to wonder how a dinosaur thought to wear a crown.  Were dinosaurs so intelligent that they had hierarchies and such?  If so, how did they make their crowns?  Perhaps the humans with their clever minds and nimble fingers made the crowns?  If so, why aren't we mourning the dinosaurs and why is God said to have made us in his image?

Perhaps I need to watch it again.  I was sure that dinosaur was wearing a helmet. Some sort of gladiator armor. 

Perhaps Mr Hammy plays Ark? (Survival game with dinosaurs)  oh, wait. The subtitle is: Survival Evolved.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched the new episode (season 2, episode 4) of Ozzy and Jack's World Detour, and in it,  Jack and Ozzy Osbourne visit the Ark Encounter. It's only a small part of the episode, but it was pretty funny. I especially liked how excited another vistor and a staff member got when they recognized Ozzy. :evil-laugh:

Archived