IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins Part 2: Saved and Eating Weens, Like a MAN!

Destiny

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Destiny said:

That "gravy" is still fucking disgusting.

Sis destiny

Just showed my husband the photo... think I may have found a gravy he won't touch.

Ok folks...

I was in work yesterday and the colleague I share an office with was having trouble with her computer - basically every time she came out of the document she was working on, the changes she'd made wouldn't save. So she was on the phone to  IT on and off all day, to get them to retrieve her lost work.

Anyhoo, about four pm, when I was thinking of the weekend and not really paying attention, she finally exited a document, checked it and exultantly went "Yes!! Saved!!"

Without a thought in my head, I automatically went "And are you full of gravy?"

Silence.

Even after I glanced over and saw her perplexed face I was still waiting for a response. Didn't seem possible that the whole world isn't as equally obsessed with this thread as I am...

:pb_surprised::pb_surprised::pb_surprised:

Sis Carrie

Here's the rundown on the "Confederate Revival" guy from his church site. Shades of John Schrader here, where he talks about being a preemie who almost died. Notice that he was presented with a PhD. I suspect it was honorary. It didn't say he earned it. Shades of Doug the Tool, too. He is into reenactments of the Civil War.

Spoiler

Creighton Lovelace was born on December 15, 1981. Two and a half months premature and weighing in at 2 pounds and 2 ounces, he died and was resusciated several times. By February 1982 he had become healthy enough to be brought home to Rutherford County, NC which he has called home ever since.

In July 1996 he felt called into the ministry and finally surrendered to the call in the Fall of 1999. Since November 1999 when he was licensed to preach by Danieltown Baptist Church he has been preaching the Word of God.

After graduating from Chase High School in Forest City, NC, in May 2000, he pursued a career in retail as he waited upon the Lord to guide him to a proper theological institution for Biblical instruction. After passing up 3 various theological schools he settled upon Slidell Baptist Seminary in Slidell, Louisiana.

On September 30, 2001, Brother Lovelace was Ordained by Danieltown Baptist Church into the Ministry and served for one year as Associate Pastor of New Beginning Baptist Church in Rutherfordton, NC. In 2002 he returned to Danieltown which was currently seeking a pastor. In 2003 he was called as Associate Pastor to serve under Pastor Jack Pennington. Pastor Pennington served for one year until he resigned due to health issues. On April 18, 2004 Danieltown called Brother Lovelace to serve as their pastor and has at this time served for 12 years and continues to serve.

In 2004 Pastor Lovelace graduated from Slidell Baptist Seminary with a Doctor of Theology degree (Th.D) whereupon President Paul O. Dabdoub inquired if Pastor Lovelace would serve on the faculty. Since that time Pastor Lovelace has taught over 20 courses through Slidell Baptist Seminary. On Sepemtber 20, 2011 Pastor Lovelace was presented with his Doctor of Divinity degree (D.D) by Slidell Baptist Seminary.

Pastor Lovelace brings a robust knowledge with an emphasis in American history, Southern regional culture and classical knowledge to bring out suprising insights into Biblical and Historical Truths. After much prayer he established Danieltown Bible Institute in 2013 as a ministry of Danieltown Baptist Church.

He has been a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) since 1995, and has served as a Commander & Chaplain within that historical honour society. Also he is an avid Reenactor or Living historian in the 16th South Carolina/69th New York Regiment where he serves as 1st Seargent & Chaplain. In 2005, he married the lovely Heather Foss. The Lovelaces thank God for opportunities to serve him through the Church and the various ministries thereof.

Okay folks, 

For the company picnic yesterday, Mr. Bonkers requested Lil Smokies in barbecue sauce (simmered in the crock pot for a couple hours).

He couldn't understand why I kept giggling like a 10-year-old.

Sis Bonkers 

Totally OT but I figured I'd post to the hottest thread, because...reasons

I got a phone call Thursday afternoon, from a number I didn't recognize, but I decided what the hell, I'll answer it. It was my daughter, "Mom? I'm in the hospital, ... I didn't know I was pregnant." ...She is 36 years old. 5 '1' a little chunky.

She gave birth to a 6 pound 7 oz boy on the 12th. She did not know she was pregnant, had periods all the way through.

As it turned out, she was calling because CPS has an open case on the baby's father. He has a young teen with severe issues, on the spectrum, violent, and prone to occasional actual psychotic eppisodes, so it is not safe for daughter and baby to go to dad's house.. Sooooooooo long story short, they will be living here for a while. did I mention she lost her apartment the other day, she doesn't talk to me, and her employment is very basic? We went to get them tonight but the paperwork was screwed up and they wouldn't release the baby without MORE CPS paperwork. Tomorrow I need to get at least a basic layette. CPS has provided us with a pack and play and are expediting the background checks..

All that said he is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen. Red hair, eyelashes and eyebrows.. Stunning. and I usually think babies are cute little old men.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, FundamentallyShocked said:

Here's the rundown on the "Confederate Revival" guy from his church site. Shades of John Schrader here, where he talks about being a preemie who almost died. Notice that he was presented with a PhD. I suspect it was honorary. It didn't say he earned it. Shades of Doug the Tool, too. He is into reenactments of the Civil War.

Very Shrader.  Touches of Bill Potter, and shades of Phillips too.

I just can't resist commenting on some excerpts:

Creighton Lovelace was born on December 15, 1981. Two and a half months premature and weighing in at 2 pounds and 2 ounces, he died and was resusciated several times. 

God meant him for great things!  And he can't spell resuscitated.

finally surrendered to the call in the Fall of 1999. Since November 1999 when he was licensed to preach by Danieltown Baptist Church he has been preaching the Word of God.

Are snakes involved in this preaching?

After graduating from Chase High School in Forest City, NC, in May 2000, he pursued a career in retail

He sold used cars.

as he waited upon the Lord to guide him to a proper theological institution for Biblical instruction. After passing up 3 various theological schools he settled upon Slidell Baptist Seminary in Slidell, Louisiana.

It was the only place he got accepted and it didn't require any academic work.  And it is not accredited, of course.

In 2004 Pastor Lovelace graduated from Slidell Baptist Seminary with a Doctor of Theology degree (Th.D)

The first thing that came up when I googled Slidell was the Baptist Board.

Spoiler

Originally posted by Rustynail:

Has anyone had any experience with Slidell Baptist Seminary in Louisiana? I am currently a student and have received multiple low quality tapes, and my tuition statement was incorrect until I complained about it. This time, one of the "tests" that I sent in November was lost in the mail. I sent another copy of the test on Jan. 18 by certified mail, and found out the test hasn't been accepted yet as of Feb. 4. This is the only test that is missing for the Bachelor of Theology degree. Has anyone else had problems with this seminary or heard anything bad about it? I mean, a Doctor of Theology degree for $700 by listening to tapes and having the KJV Bible as the only textbook is pretty ridiculous, but I was attending to further my knowledge of the Bible. Any comments?

UZThD responds:

I agree. Why have to listen to tapes? Maybe for an even thousand they'd just send me the ThD !  

But seriously, IF what you describe is true, why are you "going" to a school for a ThB that gives docs as prizes in cracker jacks?

The rest of the responses are pretty good too! https://www.baptistboard.com/threads/slidell-baptist-seminary.2936/

whereupon President Paul O. Dabdoub inquired if Pastor Lovelace would serve on the faculty.

Fake PhD's issuing more fake PhDs.

Lovelace brings a robust knowledge with an emphasis in American history, Southern regional culture and classical knowledge to bring out suprising insights into Biblical and Historical Truths.

I bet his insights are surprising.  And that should be revisionist history.  And he must know all about weeny gravy.

He has been a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) since 1995, and has served as a Commander & Chaplain within that historical honour society. Also he is an avid Reenactor or Living historian in the 16th South Carolina/69th New York Regiment where he serves as 1st Seargent & Chaplain.

He missed out his KKK membership - unless they turned him down.

ETA:  Oh my goodness @BlackberryGirl.  What a beautiful baby.  I hope everything works out for him, your daughter, and you.

I'm so sorry about the rest of the story.

2 hours ago, FundamentallyShocked said:

Here's the rundown on the "Confederate Revival" guy from his church site.

Thanks for following up on this fellow @FundamentallyShocked, and for the additional schoolin' information, @Palimpsest.  I was very disturbed to read about the very existence of a "Confederate Revival," and hoped it was only a stage play* instead of the real deal.  I suppose these fake degrees seem very impressive to the people roaming between tent revivals such as the Hawkins and Rodrigues families. 

*My brother once acted in a community performance of the surrender at Appomattox, so that's where my hopeful delusion started.

PS:  Beautiful child, @BlackberryGirl - best wishes for all concerned.

I don't know what it is about people who say they were resurrected instead of resuscitated, but it sounds totally pretentious, with delusions of grandeur.

to bring out suprising insights into Biblical and Historical Truths

I'm sure I'd very very surprised by more than just the spelling...  (and snarking on spelling when someone claims to have a Doctorate is AOK in my book)

45 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I was very disturbed to read about the very existence of a "Confederate Revival,"

It is scary stuff.  If you want to know what he is saying there is an audio of one of his sermons here (turn the sound down - he is loud):  http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=52217116539

Basically, his state was conquered and has been under the heel of the United States for 150 years.  Confederate Army Revival (yada yadda) was a huge deal. The South is the Bible Belt 'cos it is the  haven for True Christians but they are slipping.  The end of the world is at hand.  Satan and his minions are in control.  Save our monuments!  

And so on.  I stopped listening.

25 minutes ago, Lurky said:

people who say they were resurrected instead of resuscitated,

In fairness, he did not say he was resurrected.  He said he was "resusciated."

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Fake PhD's issuing more fake PhDs.

It looks like Confederate Revival Guy has joined the crowd:

We have degrees!

I wonder if he prints his own official certificates, like John Shrader.  Of course he does!  :roll:

"Creighton Lovelace was born on December 15, 1981. Two and a half months premature and weighing in at 2 pounds and 2 ounces, he died and was resusciated several times. By February 1982 he had become healthy enough to be brought home to Rutherford County, NC which he has called home ever since"

Ok folks.

I have never seen a fully grown man use his birth as a credential. I assume he feels like he survived because he's the choosen one? 

@TeddyBonkers congrats on the surpise baby! Hes adorable. 

Sis Nova, June, 8lbs 10oz, jaundiced 

16 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

We have degrees!

He has prerequisites too.  He spelled that right.  

And this for a ThD: Also upon completion of your course studies a Thesis or Dissertation (at least 30 pages or 20,000 words) will be required to receive your Degree.

Thirty (30) whole pages !!!!!!!!111111Eleventy!!!!!!!11111

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I assume he feels like he survived because he's the choosen one? 

Yep. You hit the nail on the head.

And have you met John Shrader?  He never lets us forget he was premature.

From high school to doctorate in 4 years? :my_dodgy:

The confederate stuff is scary.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

He has prerequisites too.  He spelled that right.  

And this for a ThD: Also upon completion of your course studies a Thesis or Dissertation (at least 30 pages or 20,000 words) will be required to receive your Degree.

Thirty (30) whole pages !!!!!!!!111111Eleventy!!!!!!!11111

John Nash's Ph.D. was 26 pages, with only two cites- one of them being his own book

Of course, when you invent an entire branch of mathematics you can get away with that.

5 minutes ago, guitar_villain said:

Of course, when you invent an entire branch of mathematics you can get away with that.

Excellent fun fact.  And probably Nash's PhD committee barely understood it. :)

This is funny.  Average length of dissertation by discipline (he missed out Theology) AKA "how to avoid working on your dissertation."    https://imgur.com/gallery/Gptq8Oh

This guy supervises doctoral candidates in Theology at Wheaton and wants dissertations <500 pages.  http://marccortez.com/2013/11/08/average-length-dissertation/

Sending best wishes Blackberry Girl. He is a beautiful baby. Hope your daughter is well. You will all still be in shock. Sending huge FJ hugs to you all .

Ok folks,

My mom has a bachelors and masters in math.  Instead of writing an actual thesis for her masters degree,  the professor said he was going on vacation and didn't want to read a bunch of thesis papers so he told them to write a critique of the masters program!  This was in the late 60s.  

Sis. keeper

43 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Excellent fun fact.  And probably Nash's PhD committee barely understood it. :)

This is funny.  Average length of dissertation by discipline (he missed out Theology) AKA "how to avoid working on your dissertation."    https://imgur.com/gallery/Gptq8Oh

This guy supervises doctoral candidates in Theology at Wheaton and wants dissertations <500 pages.  http://marccortez.com/2013/11/08/average-length-dissertation/

You can "click to embiggen" a diagram on that page. Embiggen was invented for a Simpsons episode (googling gives Lisa the Iconoclast). I've never heard it actually used. 

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Sis Nova, June, 8lbs 10oz, jaundiced 

Bwaahahahaha!!

6 hours ago, FundamentallyShocked said:

Hide contents

Creighton Lovelace was born on December 15, 1981. Two and a half months premature and weighing in at 2 pounds and 2 ounces, he died and was resusciated several times. By February 1982 he had become healthy enough to be brought home to Rutherford County, NC which he has called home ever since.

In July 1996 he felt called into the ministry and finally surrendered to the call in the Fall of 1999. Since November 1999 when he was licensed to preach by Danieltown Baptist Church he has been preaching the Word of God.

After graduating from Chase High School in Forest City, NC, in May 2000, he pursued a career in retail as he waited upon the Lord to guide him to a proper theological institution for Biblical instruction. After passing up 3 various theological schools he settled upon Slidell Baptist Seminary in Slidell, Louisiana.

On September 30, 2001, Brother Lovelace was Ordained by Danieltown Baptist Church into the Ministry and served for one year as Associate Pastor of New Beginning Baptist Church in Rutherfordton, NC. In 2002 he returned to Danieltown which was currently seeking a pastor. In 2003 he was called as Associate Pastor to serve under Pastor Jack Pennington. Pastor Pennington served for one year until he resigned due to health issues. On April 18, 2004 Danieltown called Brother Lovelace to serve as their pastor and has at this time served for 12 years and continues to serve.

In 2004 Pastor Lovelace graduated from Slidell Baptist Seminary with a Doctor of Theology degree (Th.D) whereupon President Paul O. Dabdoub inquired if Pastor Lovelace would serve on the faculty. Since that time Pastor Lovelace has taught over 20 courses through Slidell Baptist Seminary. On Sepemtber 20, 2011 Pastor Lovelace was presented with his Doctor of Divinity degree (D.D) by Slidell Baptist Seminary.

Pastor Lovelace brings a robust knowledge with an emphasis in American history, Southern regional culture and classical knowledge to bring out suprising insights into Biblical and Historical Truths. After much prayer he established Danieltown Bible Institute in 2013 as a ministry of Danieltown Baptist Church.

He has been a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) since 1995, and has served as a Commander & Chaplain within that historical honour society. Also he is an avid Reenactor or Living historian in the 16th South Carolina/69th New York Regiment where he serves as 1st Seargent & Chaplain. In 2005, he married the lovely Heather Foss. The Lovelaces thank God for opportunities to serve him through the Church and the various ministries thereof.

OF COURSE IT'S NORTH CAROLINA

@BlackberryGirl congratulations! That's one cute wee man.

Confederate revival guy is from Rutherfordton? So weird. My oldest friend from the States is from there. It's not a huge place. I remember her telling me about some racist kids at the high school. Wonder if Creighton Lovelace was one of them.

Also his name makes him sound like the bad guy from Wild Wild West. I keep getting a mental image of Kenneth Brannagh wildly overacting.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived