IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

Either that or the fact that "Jesus"--pronounced Hay-soos --is a common Spanish name, which for some is equated with undocumented workers illegals.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, KatBonD said:

I thought I saw a screen shot on here of a woman who posted a reply to a man on the blog asking if a husband wanted a wife to participate in child sex abuse then she needed to submit. The man answered yes, a wife needs to submit in all things to her husband.

Did I dream that? I was looking on the blog for the comment but can't find it or I skimmed past in.

You didn't dream it. I checked to see if it was still there, and it is.  

817897.jpg

40 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Either that or the fact that "Jesus"--pronounced Hay-soos --is a common Spanish name, which for some is equated with undocumented workers illegals.

Yes, that's where I was going, but I didn't mean it seriously.  I sometimes see humor where others don't.

Sorry if I caused confusion or offense!  That wasn't my intent.

I thought one was wondering whether Jesus set up a restaurant without permit. So he was illegally preparing and serving salads. But @Lachlanne, don't worry, according to Lorken Jesus was wrong anyway. So whether he's an illegal immigrant or doing business illegally, he doesn't matter (according to those 2 heritcs)

Lori has yet to find his house to take pictures. I'm sure Jesus is busy helping people and doesn't give a shit whether she thinks the house needs improvement/cleaning/landscaping/indoor lemon trees.

23 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

You didn't dream it. I checked to see if it was still there, and it is.  

Holy cow. I don't even know what to say about this. I am a clinical social worker- 19 years in public child welfare. Dave's response is disgusting. 

I have something I've been wondering about.  Lori's story is that she has suffered in silence while missing out/nearly missing out on many family events.

I have missed MANY things in my life: weddings, vacations, eating out, get together, parties, etc. 

I just missed Steven graduating from dental school.  I just missed my best friend's son's wedding.  I have missed many Christmas celebrations, weddings, birthdays, etc. in my life.  I lay at home with an ice pack on my neck while everyone else is having fun.

She even claimed to have nearly missed her youngest daughter's wedding:

(I am snipping it for brevity)

Three weeks before the wedding, I got very sick.  It started with my head pain being almost unbearable.  Then my sensitive gut acted up so I sat around home all day with an ice pack on my head and a heating pad on my gut.  It was getting closer and closer to the wedding and I was not feeling any better.

A week before the wedding, I finally put out an SOS to all my family and friends that I needed prayer so I would feel good enough to go to the wedding. (snip)

Regardless of the reason, I was thinking I would not be able to go to the wedding.

The rehearsal dinner was at my home.  Everyone knew that I was unavailable to do much to help.  When my home was filled with the bridal party, my head was throbbing.  I got a pack of ice and went up into my bedroom to ice my head.  (snip)

The next day, my head was better but my gut was still not that good.  We got ready for the wedding not knowing how long I would be able to stay.  

How is it that Lori went from that, to being able to going on vacation for "several months", and then immediately chase it with a girls weekend? She also seems to eat out fairly often.  

Did something happen to resolve most of her issues, or are they just getting better as she ages?

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Did something happen to resolve most of her issues, or are they just getting better as she ages?

I think it's because they are "issues" and not issues. 

It seems Lori can't stand it when one of her kids is getting a lot of attention. Stephen's graduation? They aren't focusing on me! Better get a "bad headache." Cassi's wedding? Lori can get her narcissistic supply by sending "an SOS" (read, an mournful email) to everyone who's coming. Then they'll be sure to ask her about it at the party, and the whole day can be about Lori!

Can you imagine the conversation on the receiving line at Cassi's wedding? Was it about Cassi and her new husband, her pretty dress, the decorations, the service? No it was not. Here's how it went:

"Omigosh, Lori, I got your email. Are you OK?"

"Oh, look! There's Lori! You made it!"

"Hi, Lori. I'm so glad to see you! I was worried you couldn't come."

"Hi, Lori. So what was wrong with your gut, exactly?" (from a very stupid guest who just opened himself up to a 20 minute convo about "guts").

"Lori, you made it! Wow you sounded really bad."

A "bad gut" (whatever that is) that is "still not that good" on the day of my daughter's wedding would never stop me from attending. My goodness, what a thought. I wouldn't even mention it to anyone, for fear of spoiling my daughter's happiness on her special day. I'd be ashamed to make that day about me. If it did happen, because I had appendicitis or something, I'd feel terrible. 

I could not make it through Ken's rambling today.  I don't understand their obsession on such petty issues.  I get that there are verses that support men being the leaders in the church. My problem is when the fundies make such a huge deal out of something that doesn't matter a hill of beans. A female pastor is not going to lose her salvation.  I would much rather listen to a woman pastor of good character than a male pastor of questionable character, and I am actually pretty conservative.

I would say I am submissive as a wife in that I do defer to my husband's wishes, but he doesn't feel the need to constantly give his two cents about what I should do. So, on the rare occasion he does step up and give a final decision, I abide by it.  

Whether wives are submissive or churches have women pastors is nothing compared to the Gospel. The message of Christ and salvation through Him is what matters.  After all, Jesus didn't tell Mary to get back in the kitchen and help Martha. 

53 minutes ago, KatBonD said:

@delphinium65 Thanks for finding that! Sorry to ask, but do you remember which post this was on. I scoured the other day looking for it and my eyes couldn't find it.

Don't be sorry about asking!  :)  It's from back in March, her blog post titled 'Does Submitting to Husbands in Everything mean EVERYTHING?' In the discussion Dave is going off on women who think that submission to their husbands only goes as far as it doesn't conflict with the 'Word of God,' and Dave says nope, it's absolute, no matter what her husband commands. 

6 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Holy cow. I don't even know what to say about this. I am a clinical social worker- 19 years in public child welfare. Dave's response is disgusting. 

His response is horrifying.  And Lori allowed it to remain, but a comment I made condemning Dave's 'she does not have any right' bullshit didn't make it past her filter. There was no profanity in the actual comment, and it was phrased far more politely than I would have preferred, but I was under 'I'm a believer too' cover, and avoided anything objectionable in that way, so there was no good excuse for not allowing it through. I can only assume that she thinks a woman speaking against a man is worse than a man saying she has to abuse her own children if her husband says so. 

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Don't be sorry about asking!  :)  It's from back in March, her blog post titled 'Does Submitting to Husbands in Everything mean EVERYTHING?' In the discussion Dave is going off on women who think that submission to their husbands only goes as far as it doesn't conflict with the 'Word of God,' and Dave says nope, it's absolute, no matter what her husband commands. 

His response is horrifying.  And Lori allowed it to remain, but a comment I made condemning Dave's 'she does not have any right' bullshit didn't make it past her filter. There was no profanity in the actual comment, and it was phrased far more politely than I would have preferred, but I was under 'I'm a believer too' cover, and avoided anything objectionable in that way, so there was no good excuse for not allowing it through. I can only assume that she thinks a woman speaking against a man is worse than a man saying she has to abuse her own children if her husband says so. 

I remember being so disgusted by that post I felt sick. And the fact that Lori allowed it to remain disgusted me too, especially because Ken makes it clear that a woman should disobey her husband if he asks her to sin. Even Trey disagreed with Dave which surprised me. 

On 9/17/2017 at 2:21 PM, Khan said:

Well, now. I'm picturing Jesus whipping out an AmEx card. "Jesus paid it if all of his guests were grifters."

It's like a Cards Against Humanity Card: "Jesus paid it if all....."

Got curious about Lori’s husband and a quick Google got me this:   http://www.alexanderandsons.consulting/.  It is a well-known fact that dentists and all specialties within the category make more money than doctors.  So, in effect, Lori Alexander is VERY privileged … yet she advocates that women should not be educated (she is a college graduate).  That they should have many children, yet she has four.  Should homeschool, yet she did not.  The list of hypocrisies is great.

Lori,  you continually say that those who disagree with you hate God.  Do you actually believe that you speak for God?   

Here we go again...today Aunt Lori is talking about a women getting a job if her husband asks her to, and we have this little gem. Apparently a husband's soul is more important than those of their children. WTF, Lori??! 

6311554.jpg

So....if you work, your home will no longer be a 'sanctuary', and you will lose the ability to make  'delicious homemade meals'. Or - shock, horror - is she suggesting that you deliberately let the home slip, and don't make the best meals you can - to show him that you shouldn't be working?

Well, I think we all know Lori wouldn't  doesn't hesitate to use manipulative behaviour to get her own way. Such a godly mentor!

it's so sad to me that she doesn't even want to hear women pray in church. She wants the church to silence half their congregation. Often the most powerful prayer warrior half. 

If if there's a hell. People like her should be there. 

@delphinium65 - Thank you! I remember that post. I'm still bothered by her most recent post "Married to Angry Men" and want to write about it. That screenshot is a great way to show people that she truly does not care about abused women when she allows comments such as that on her blog.

Part of today's post:

"Many women can stay home, but do not want to do without visits to the nail salon, hairdresser, restaurants, daily coffee’s at drive-ins, several vehicles,  extensive travel expenses, shopping at high-end clothing stores, and entertainment. These things can all be substituted in other ways that will not involve the wife going to work..."

The "Lady Lydia" woman obviously does not know the same women (working or otherwise) that I know... LOL. I work to help afford food and rent. I do not take extensive vacations. I shop at stores that sell clothes for much cheaper than most retail stores. The cost of living anywhere is so high that Mr. Fearless and I would not be able to afford SUPER CHEAP rent without both of us working. We have two vehicles that are wearing down quickly because mine is 10 years old and his is nearly 20 years old. The things this woman claims that "many women do not want to do without" are things that MOST WOMEN ARE ALREADY DOING WITHOUT!!!!:smiley-signs131:

Yea I haven't had a haircut since I got married almost 18 months or. Or a pedicure since then. I only have bought $10 worth of clothes since then. The closest "coffee shop" is Macdonalds.  We have two old high mileage cars. Our honeymoon was at a lodge in a state park, and our only other trip has been camping on our first anniversary. Tex mex fast food or chicken is about as restauranty as we get. We have been to the movies only twice since getting married. 

These people don't live in reality. The cost of living has skyrocketed and wages haven't kept up. 

My two dinky part time jobs cover pet food, a few small bills and gas for me car. Takes the edge off of Mr. EW paycheck. 

Its all exhausting and stressful. And "getting ahead" kinda feels like a hopeless endeavor  but it is what it is. At least we have each other. 

11 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think this might address the recent improvement in Lori's health. 

It's just a little, tiny, itsy bitsy, hardly anything at all kitchen remodel!  And they were going to do a total remodel in 5 years anyway.  And they didn't get new cabinets 'cause they were too expensive.  So there's Miss Don't Spend Your Hubby's Money remodel explanation.

Honestly, I don't care how anyone spends their own money, it's none of my business, but since she goes on and on about wives not spending a lot of money...

Sorry to hear about her family's bout of stomach flu (cough Norwex cough). 

Does anyone else think Lori drones on and on about her health issues IRL as she does here?

30 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Does anyone else think Lori drones on and on about her health issues IRL as she does here?

No, I think she drones on much more about them IRL.This is her "ministry" she is supposed to be guiding wayward women, there is only so many times she can insert talk about her gut.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived