IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I guess, yeah,  maybe few few working women don't clean.  But I've know plenty of SAHW/ M whose houses are super-fund sites where your feet stick to the floor, you don't are sit down. and there is ancient dried cat yack on the carpet.

I don't believe she cleans either, but then she has a housekeeper, probably multiple times a week, so she can just pretend all her godly cleanliness is her own doing.

I will bet good money that Ken cleans his own bathroom and always has.  We know back in the days of so, so, so, so sick Lori he shopped for and cooked his own food, handled his dry cleaning.  Cleaning a bathroom is just one more step.

Ken strikes me as a man who really notices and wants a clean house.  I suspect the housekeeper was originally his idea because Lori was "too sick" to clean, he knew she wouldn't clean even if she wasn't, and his cleanliness standards are higher than hers.  A housekeeper was the easiest solution.

And honestly... SO WHAT if someone doesn't have a clean house?!?! So long as a home is safe to be in... that's all that truly matters. If the air is breathable and the people living in the house are experiencing socially-acceptable hygiene standards (cough cough not Lori's standards), then I don't care if someone has their children's toys piled high in the corner of a living room or year-old papers stacked on their counters. If I want a clean house, I'll live in one. If I want friends with clean houses, then I'll only visit ones with clean houses. Thankfully, I show more of Christ's love than to do that to my friends!

9 minutes ago, jerkit said:

And as Lori has so bravely taught us, working women only eat fast food. 

*eye roll so hard I strained a muscle*

Two words: CROCK POT. It cooks for me while I work! And as far as "nutritious" goes, one more word: PINTEREST! I can find healthy crock pot meals that take 20 mins tops to throw together. And then after Mr. Fearless and I get home from work, it's magically done! I call that fast food for sure!

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

If she even does that. I think the visits are more than once a week.

I'm guessing you're probably right. Her cleaner probably comes in every morning and stays til lunchtime, doing everything from clearing away the breakfast dishes to washing windows to ironing Ken's shirts, while Lori sits at her keyboard madly scrubbing away every comment on her blog and FB page that doesn't toe her line.  Hard, hard work, that. :pb_rollseyes:

I often wonder if Lori realizes that everybody has a mind of their own. Children, wives, husbands... People are not supposed to be TRAINED, they are supposed to be TAUGHT. But with teaching also comes learning. There's a saying about "To teach is to learn twice". I don't remember the original creator of that saying, but it's so true. When Mr. Fearless and I have children one day, we will definitely be teaching them how to survive and thrive in this world. Simultaneously, they will also teach us how to be parents and we will learn how to navigate those waters as a couple and as a family. I hope Lori one day realizes that God did not give humans free will in order for them to be mindlessly obedient to anyone. According to Scripture, He gave us free will KNOWING we would mess up. That right there is real, true, genuine love. I think that is how parents should love their children, spouses should love their spouses, people should love other people, etc. We should give love and kindness even when we KNOW it won't always be returned. But we should also do this intelligently, because the Bible mentions wisdom A HECK OF A LOT.

Lori has said many times that she cannot lift anything over 5 pounds.

A gallon of milk is 8 pounds. A Miele vacuum 10-15. A house cat 7-10. A pan of cat litter ~7 pounds. Newborn grandbaby 7-8. A bag of groceries? A bag of garbage? A load of laundry? A sofa?

I'm not dissing her for being disabled, I'm snarking because she is SO DISINGENUOUS. There is no way she does more than wipe the counters and maybe swipe the toilet. She is physically unable to move a dining room chair, how is she supposedly keeping her house clean without help? If she would just be honest about it I think no one would have a problem with her needing a housekeeper.

Unless she doesn't have a housekeeper and Ken does all the cleaning....hmmm?

I don't think she wipes the toilets. Firstly, this might really cause neck pain (turning your head in this position). Secondly, this surely  is below a queen.

Her neck must be in a lot of pain from shaking in response to the ebil gossip she reads on the internet and from peeking into stranger's houses.

As @Florita said: there would be no snark if she was honest - and, I might add, showing she does what she is able to do. When someone says he/she can't do something or most of the chores I'll honestly hope for a partner and/or the means for professionel help. If someone is honest that depression keeps him/her from doing anything, I'll honestly applaud loosing the PJs and getting dressed into at-home-pants/whatever (I've been there. So I know, writing on the internet does doesn't prove anything)

She pretends to do things that we know she doesn't do and doesnt even want to do.

46 minutes ago, Florita said:

Unless she doesn't have a housekeeper and Ken does all the cleaning....hmmm?

Well, if I'm not mistaken, he does work from home, so he would be at her beck and  call, right? :pb_lol:

@Florita  She could also be lying about being unable to lift anything over 5 lbs.

A very convenient weight number as it prevents her from doing anything around the house and forces Ken to provide a housekeeper if he wants a clean house.  Much like Lori putting hot pots on her counter tops to crack and ruin them forced Ken to agree to renovate the kitchen now, not in a few years.

Not saying she is lying, but it crossed my mind given her other lies.

From FJ I know: I would be as it's an mlm. Some like it nevertheless. Others say it's overpriced.

I suggest to use the fj-search in this forum as we talked about it on some Lori-thread...I can't rembember when as threads fly by. Perhaps 'mlm' and 'chicken juice' might also be helpful search words. (or lead to more results, i'm not sure)

I also SEVERELY believe that Lori has a housekeeper. She is always very careful to say "I keep the house clean and tidy," or "I make sure my house is clean and tidy," which could easily mean she is supervising a housekeeper. She has never said "I clean our home thoroughly each week. 

I also know she was asked on Facebook about her cleaning schedule and she responded with "I don't follow a schedule.  I just clean what needs to be cleaned."  As a woman who is "called" to teach young women how to be keepers a home, a detailed cleaning schedule would be very practical and helpful advice. 

My stepmother always cleaned one or two rooms a day. When she downsized to a duplex she was so excited to "have Friday's off!!!" becaus she has fewer rooms. Now she goes to a movie every Friday,  which I think is fantastic. 

So, um, someone I (barely) know invited me to a Norwex party.  Should I be afraid?

I went to one a month ago or so. Overpriced and very long. And they do a chicken demo and really claim that cleaning a cutting board you had raw chicken on with their cloth and water then just rinsing the cloth with water is safe. They have a little "lab demo" that shows no blood residue on the cutting board and claim that means no bacteria either. I was sitting next to a lab tech from the local hospital who said that that is not how it works. She was about to lose it.

I think Lori's house is filthy. It might be neat and tidy, but it's a cesspool of germs and gross shit. She bought carpet that "doesn't show dirt" and spreads goddamn chicken juice all over her kitchen. I would be terrified to go to the bathroom or eat in her house. I would probably leave my shoes on as well. 

Hey! Hey guys! Did you know Lori suffers in silence? Did you know that? Did ya? Huh? 

About the five pounds thing. That's the limit set by my doctor for me. I can physically lift more but it takes a toll. Not as much as it used to, though. I've been through every kind of treatment possible. I've never heard Lori speak about what she does to help herself. Ever. I've heard her bitch about it but someone help me out here. Has she ever talked about recovery? If you spend enough time in rehab or treatment you begin to see that there are people who don't want to improve for whatever reason. My last rehab therapist and I were talking and she told me that she sees it every day. There are people who don't try because they want disability benefits or they like the attention. I think this is Lori. I could not imagine wanted to be defined by my illnesses. Just another way that Lori is a martyr.

14 hours ago, Florita said:

It really was the work of early feminists to remove head covering requirements for women from the churches. Lori can thank the feminist movement that she doesn't have to wear a veil to church. (Way to fight for the cause, Lori!)

Clips from The Woman's Bible by Elizabeth Cady Stanton, 1898

Reveal hidden contents

According to the custom of those days a veil on the head was a token

of respect to superiors; hence for a woman to lay aside her veil was to

affect authority over the man. The shaving of the head was a

disgraceful punishment inflicted on women of bad repute; it not only

deprived them of a great beauty, but also of the badge of virtue and

honor.

Though these directions appear to be very frivolous, even for those

times, they are much more so for our stage of civilization. Yet the

same customs prevail in our day and are enforced by the Church, as of

vital consequence; their non-observance so irreligious that it would

exclude a woman from the church. It is not a mere social fashion that

allows men to sit in church with their heads uncovered and women with

theirs covered, but a requirement of canon law of vital significance,

showing the superiority, the authority, the headship of man, and the

humility and the subservience of woman. The aristocracy in social life

requires the same badge of respect of all female servants. In Europe

they uniformly wear caps, and in many families in America, though under

protest after learning its significance.

It is certainly high time that educated women in a Republic should

rebel against a custom based on the supposition of their heaven-

ordained subjection. Jesus is always represented as having long,

curling hair, and so is the Trinity. Imagine a painting of these Gods

all with clipped hair. Flowing robes and beautiful hair add greatly to

the beauty and dignity of their pictures.

Reveal hidden contents

The Nazarites, both men and women, allowed their hair to grow long, as

the hair of the Nazarine was a token of subjection, the man to God, the

woman to man. St. Paul no doubt alluded to this custom when he said the

woman ought to have power upon her head, that is, wear her hair and

veil and bonnet in church as a proof of her subjection to man, as he is

to the Lord. The discipline of the church to-day requires a woman to

cover her head before entering a cathedral for worship.

The fashion for men to sit with their heads bare in our churches,

while women must wear bonnets, is based on this ancient custom of the

Nazarine. But as fashion is gradually reducing the bonnet to an

infinitesimal fraction it will probably in the near future be dispensed

with altogether. A lady in England made the experiment of going to the

established church without her bonnet, but it created such an agitation

in the congregation that the Bishop wrote her a letter on the

impropriety and requested her to come with her head covered. She

refused. He then called and labored with her as to the sinfulness of

the proceedings, and at parting commanded her either to cover her head

or stay away from church altogether. She choose the latter. I saw and

heard that letter read at a luncheon in London, where several ladies

were present. It was received with peals of laughter. The lady is the

wife of a colonel in the British army.

Reveal hidden contents

The origin of the command that women should cover their heads is found

in an old Jewish or Hebrew legend which appears in literature for the

first time in Genesis vi. There we are told the Sons of God, that is,

the angels, took to wives the daughters of men, and begat the giants

and heroes, who were instrumental in bringing about the flood. The

Rabbins held that the way in which the angels got possession of women

was by laying hold of their hair; they accordingly warned women to

cover their heads in public, so that the angels might not get

possession of them. It was believed that the strength of people lay in

their hair, as the story of Samson illustrates. Paul merely repeats this

warning which he must often have heard at the feet of Gamaliel, who was

at that time Prince or President of the Sanhedrim, telling women to

have a "power (that is, protection) on their heads because of the

angels:" I Corinthians, chapter xi, verse 10. "For this cause ought the

woman to have power on her head because of the angels." Thus the

command has its origin in an absurd old myth.

I love this.  I grew up in the 80's and remember my grandmother, my mom, and one other lady in our church who still wore the little lace veil thingy's that the Catholic ladies wore.  I was in elementary school when my mom stopped wearing hers.  That habit was strong in them even though the church had given them permission to go without several decades before.  Lori has no idea what she gets to take advantage of because of her "evil feminists".  

ETA:  I still call BS on her aliments.  Her parasites shouldn't have lasted so long that it cost her years with her kids.  I've seen to many women with pulled back muscles and wrenched necks do family size gardening, hauling kids, actually clean and do minor house repairs, etc.  She's full of something....but parasites ain't it!  

So much about Lazy Lori incenses me; she really can't be good for my BP. She's only a couple of years older than I am. When she was cheerleading in high school, I was staying after school and working five days a week during the summer as a janitor at my Catholic girls school, not for cash, but to earn money off my tuition. While she went to college only because her doctor daddy wanted her to, my parents were set against me going to college and I ended up working three jobs to pay all my tuition and sleeping on a friend's sofa when I couldn't afford the room and board my parents charged me while I went to the local university.  

I have cleaned bathrooms at 10pm on a Sunday night before returning to my 80-hour a week job on Monday morning. I have single handedly maintained a house and yard for years while my husband was in the military. Even today, while I am still recovering from radiation treatment for breast cancer, I helped my husband chop down a tree and, while I didn't lift and carry the logs, I did cut up all the small branches and rake the grass afterward.  I am 57 years old and have breast cancer.  

This is why Lazy Lori makes me crazy. She has a thousand excuses for why she can't do anything she doesn't want to do, while what she wants to do is tear down other women, and make them feel inadequate as wives, mothers, women and Christians.  If anyone should be feeling inadequate, it's her. She is irredeemable. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

I went to one a month ago or so. Overpriced and very long. And they do a chicken demo and really claim that cleaning a cutting board you had raw chicken on with their cloth and water then just rinsing the cloth with water is safe. They have a little "lab demo" that shows no blood residue on the cutting board and claim that means no bacteria either. I was sitting next to a lab tech from the local hospital who said that that is not how it works. She was about to lose it.

OMG. That means it's not just Lori who has a nasty kitchen. Anyone who believes that crap is also spreading filth around their homes. My mind is boggling. And my stomach is heaving.

48 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I love this.  I grew up in the 80's and remember my grandmother, my mom, and one other lady in our church who still wore the little lace veil thingy's that the Catholic ladies wore.  I was in elementary school when my mom stopped wearing hers.  That habit was strong in them even though the church had given them permission to go without several decades before.  Lori has no idea what she gets to take advantage of because of her "evil feminists".  

Back in the 70s all the ladies in my grandmothers' generation wore hats to our church (mainline protestant) but not those around my mom's age. 

Lori went through an astonishing amount of mental gymnastics to defend attending church uncovered. Really it was feminists who tired of wearing a symbol of subjugation and refused to do it and that forced the church to change. Truly an example of the "feminization" of the church that she so often laments - and she defends it. Makes me snicker.

I have to admit, when I was younger I was lazy and loved to be served. When we would spend a couple of weeks each summer with my parents in Door County at their cabin, I would mostly let my mom do all of the work. I rarely offered to help and I wanted to be waited upon.

I would definitely describe myself as a taker

I was bossy and controlling

I always got my way.

Ask my children how controlling I was...

All of the above quotes are from The Godly Mentor (Lori Alexander) herself.

I gotta give her this- I've never seen anyone write a more accurate self description.  

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

I gotta give her this- I've never seen anyone write a more accurate self description.  

Maybe she's learning.... :pb_lol:

48 minutes ago, Koala said:

All of the above quotes are from The Godly Mentor (Lori Alexander) herself.

And this is what she admits to. I don't for a second doubt that, in reality, she is much, much worse. Her family will never step in and stop her cyber bullying. They are simply relieved she has directed her efforts elsewhere. 

I just want to convince all her fan girls that they are enough!  Just as they are, doing what they are doing, trying their best for their families and themselves and their lives...they are already enough.  Lazy Lori is the one who is lacking. 

6 hours ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

And honestly... SO WHAT if someone doesn't have a clean house?!?! So long as a home is safe to be in... that's all that truly matters. If the air is breathable and the people living in the house are experiencing socially-acceptable hygiene standards (cough cough not Lori's standards), then I don't care if someone has their children's toys piled high in the corner of a living room or year-old papers stacked on their counters. If I want a clean house, I'll live in one. If I want friends with clean houses, then I'll only visit ones with clean houses. Thankfully, I show more of Christ's love than to do that to my friends!

This is sort of my take as well. I'll admit I was a messy child and teen and my room was awful. As an adult, my house is not super clean and there can be some clutter around. A few years ago, a very close friend went through depression after a divorce and she also has PTSD issues due to a traumatic incident as a child. During that depression, she was hoarding and her house got messy quickly. She started going to back to therapy and seeing a psychiatrist and went back on meds. With the help of friends she got her house cleaned up. Lori's instagram posts on those houses with overgrown yards totally pissed me off because she had no idea if the owners were elderly  or going physical or mental health issues.

As for Lori having a housekeeper, I know other people who hate cleaning and do have cleaners go once a week or maybe once a month for deep cleans. Unlike Lori, these people don't pretend to be "perfect keepers of the home. "  Lori keeps drilling that women should be at home caring for kids and keeping the house clean. But, she wasn't like that. She had a nanny/housekeeper who did the things that she preaches that women should be doing.

53 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I follow a true Godly Woman on insty. She's also an ill mama. But look at the difference between her and Aunt Lori. 

Personally, I have to question the whole trusting God thing, but even on a quick read I can see a world of difference between her attitude and Aunt Lori's.  This woman comes across as a bit frustrated, quite understandably so since it seems she has physical problems that the doctors don't know how to help, or what is causing them...I'd be frustrated too, to say the least! But I can't imagine her snapping at everyone around her, bossing her family around and forcing them to serve her, or showing a total lack of sympathy to women who desperately need help, or at least good useful advice. I don't know this woman personally, but if what I'm reading here carries over into everyday life I think I could respect her, despite disagreeing about religion. That's something Lori will never understand. 

From today's bullshit post:

There were times when I had no idea how I was supposed to raise four children the way I felt but I have learned that God always provides what we need when we need it. His strength absolutely works in and through us. I found that the joy of the Lord was my strength and I can look back and marvel at the way He carried us through those difficult times.

God carried you through with a housekeeper and a nanny. It's not really a 'marvel', its more economics.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived