IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

Why yes leghumper fangirl reader -- you are dumb:

Plus if there were more mother's at home I don't think hospitals would be as full. I may be dumb to some but I do think some things (not all) can be prevented if everyone was in their correct role.

So being a SAHM and everyone in correct gender roles prevents illness.  I just cannot even with that.

Of course Lori agrees and follows up with her standard screed of must eat nourishing food shopped for and made at home by SAHM, because fast food was invented for working women -- and is obviously the cause of all illnesses.

Hmmm .. funny.  This working woman is planning a nourishing home cooked meal of oven fried chicken, roasted okra with spices, and salad for dinner.  Although I will admit Mr Dress did the shopping on Saturday while I cleaned the bathrooms, the house and did laundry.

So maybe only partly nourishing since I didn't do the shopping.  :evil-laugh:

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Pink Muffin said:

59baf36a276ab_latestdoodle.PNG.0ee81b7ecf2497fdd081f15627f8e7b9.PNG

Lori response will be that her speaking and teaching isn't in a church, so it doesn't count. She has said stuff along those lines before. 

4 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Why yes leghumper fangirl reader -- you are dumb:

So being a SAHM and everyone in correct gender roles prevents illness.  I just cannot even with that.

Of course Lori agrees and follows up with her standard screed of must eat nourishing food shopped for and made at home by SAHM, because fast food was invented for working women -- and is obviously the cause of all illnesses.

Hmmm .. funny.  This working woman is planning a nourishing home cooked meal of oven fried chicken, roasted okra with spices, and salad for dinner.  Although I will admit Mr Dress did the shopping on Saturday while I cleaned the bathrooms, the house and did laundry.

So maybe only partly nourishing since I didn't do the shopping.  :evil-laugh:

LOL LOL! Right, because when moms are home they squeeze fresh juice and make nourishing meals, so of course all sickness goes poof. Remember Lori once said this

sickisachoice.thumb.png.b6085df7f4cfec2c902b94118bd51a23.png

Also I bet that person is thinking if mom is always around keeping an eye the kids won't have an accident and break arm, etc. 

So would Lori's bad gut full of parasites be her fault because she chose to eat unwashed fruit -- i.e., her diet?

Her diet made her so, so, so, so, sick for all of her children's lives and most of her married life.

Was it fair of her to make her family pay for her lack of discipline -- the lack of discipline to wait and wash the fruit before eating it?

Just asking for a friend.

Well, lord only knows what she was using to clean her kitchen counters with before those 'self-disinfecting' Norwex rags came along, so I'd suspect that had a lot to do with her 'parasites.'  I think the only reason she's not sick these days is she finally built up an immunity to the chicken juice.

Blecch. I just wrote that while finishing up my dinner. I'm starting to feel queasy. :pb_confused:

Lori may hate political correctness, but she is too politically correct to say what she thinks.  "All you fatties deserve to be sick because you stuff your face and don't exercise! Why should I pay for you! Why, I struggle to PUT ON weight, that's how godly I am!"

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

here's an example of how the fundie thinking makes life harder for women. 

My my sister is dyslexic. Pretty hardcore. She was never diagnosed or received any extra help at our SOTDRT.  Mom never told her she was dyslexic because  she didn't want to "label her." Sigh... 

Anyway, as y'all might remember she's married to an spoiled uppity fundie lite ass. JMHO as someone who cannot stand command men or fundie attitudes or spoiled people. 

Anyway, she confessed in a group text to my mom and I that she has trouble grocery shopping and staying on budget (she also has anxiety and SAHD that Walmart makes her want to cry) I explained easier ways to tally as you shop & stuff, then I told her to ask her husband for help (because who else has your back like this?  and how he could talley the money while she shopped. She said "oh no I can't do that. I do the shopping to help him and that's my job." And of course my Mom agreed. Heaven forbid a husband inconvenience  himself to help his wife. 

My BIL has an easier schedule than Mr. EW and makes 1/3 more an hour than he does. 

I admit I enjoy shopping alone, but now I treasure my trips with Mr  EW now. He insists on going 90% of the time to "help me." I love him so much 

I know not everyone has this option, but I haven't been to the grocery store since January 2017 thanks to Amazon Fresh. I was always pretty good about staying on budget but have been able to come under budget several times. You can see what you are spending as you add it to the cart. Maybe that would help? I know some Walmarts have an option to orderahead so that might be an option as well. 

I hate going to the grocery store, though. 

I'm sure that's considered cheating and lazy and who knows what else Lori would call it but whatever. 

6 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I saw the comment yesterday that this in response to. Hellllo!!!

Basically Lori is saying the haters of God will be the nurses! No need to worry, so many people hate God that there will be plenty of people do to all these other jobs. 

As a nurse, all I can say is that Lori is a moron.  But then again, I am pretty sure we all knew that.  

Didn't Lori have medical issues when she was younger?  She seems pretty damned fast to blame others for their issues, but obviously, that wouldn't apply to her.  Like I said, she's a moron.

So Lori says that single women, wives with no children, and older women whose children are grown up can be nurses and doctors. Buuuuut...doesn't Lori say that all young women are to get married and have kids, that it's 'God's perfect plan'?  That women who don't have children have to stay home and slave away for their husbands?  That they MUST be keepers at home, and no matter what they cannot go out and work, because that takes them away from home? 

Make up your mind, Lori.  You can't have it both ways. 

Commenter:

I'm curious... you rarely mention Jesus, and seem obsessed with Paul and his writings. You don't talk about what Jesus taught or his life and what he did/said, just a lot of pontificating in Paul and a very small section of the New Testament. Why is that? Perhaps you could explain in a blog post or several?

Lori:

I am instructed to teach godly womanhood based upon Titus 2:3-5. Jesus was teaching to mainly Jewish people who were living under the Law and was continually pointing out their need for a Savior because they could never keep the Law. He didn't teach much about godly womanhood. This is why.

There you have it. Jesus just wasn't focusing on the important stuff. :roll:

15 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Commenter:

Lori:

I know I'm an atheist, but wouldn't the words of your own God take priority over the words of a mortal man like Paul? Yeah, yeah, stupid atheist thinking Jesus, who Christians state is God himself, is more important than a reformed Jewish missionary. What would I know, right? 

Maybe he didn't teach about godly womanhood because there are more important things in life?

And actually, why does she says he teaches nothing about godly womanhood? What about the story of Mary and Martha? Jesus lifted up the sister who was worshiping and spending time with him, not the one who was in the kitchen putting the meal together. With our eyes on the horizon of eternity, it is pretty clear to me which of these two women he tells us to emulate.

3 hours ago, EowynW said:

Fundie parents AND inlaws here. I love 8 minute from my inlaws. My life is one never ending season of Everybody Loves Raymond fundie edition. (Except Mr. EW is heaps better than Ray and he stands up to his folks) 

I so feel for you. That's a double dose of emotional insanity. My FIL and MIL wrote a letter to Mr. Fearless and I about how we shouldn't get married and how I was heathen because I was raised in the "liberal" Presbyterian church that "isn't even Christian". After that, we graciously allowed my MIL to attend my bridal shower where she decided to run out crying for no reason and told my husband it was because we didn't have a "Christ-centered relationship" (despite the fact that the shower itself was IN A CHURCH). They also didn't attend our wedding... Lol. 

33 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Love the hypocrisy of people who claim to follow Christ and then do not show love to others... :smiley-signs131:

9 minutes ago, molecule said:

And actually, why does she says he teaches nothing about godly womanhood? What about the story of Mary and Martha? Jesus lifted up the sister who was worshiping and spending time with him, not the one who was in the kitchen putting the meal together. With our eyes on the horizon of eternity, it is pretty clear to me which of these two women he tells us to emulate.

And the woman who Jesus told to stop having affairs. I think He was pretty big on the whole non-adultery thing. 

8 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I know I'm an atheist, but wouldn't the words of your own God take priority over the words of a mortal man like Paul? Yeah, yeah, stupid atheist thinking Jesus, who Christians state is God himself, is more important than a reformed Jewish missionary. What would I know, right? 

Yeah, one would think. 

The more I read that little paragraph of hers, the more my blood boils.   "...continually pointing out their need for a Savior because they could never keep the Law."  She makes it sound like Jesus just would not shut UP about it. So tiresome of him. I rank this right up there with the time Ken said that Jesus was wrong. :COLERE:

5 minutes ago, molecule said:

And actually, why does she says he teaches nothing about godly womanhood? What about the story of Mary and Martha? Jesus lifted up the sister who was worshiping and spending time with him, not the one who was in the kitchen putting the meal together. With our eyes on the horizon of eternity, it is pretty clear to me which of these two women he tells us to emulate. One

*Rides in on Horse of Truth a la Ken*  Can we not agree that Mary should have been in the kitchen with Martha, and Jesus should only have been talking with their brother Lazarus? Once again, He was wrong!  

Ugh.

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Well, lord only knows what she was using to clean her kitchen counters with before those 'self-disinfecting' Norwex rags came along, so I'd suspect that had a lot to do with her 'parasites.'  I think the only reason she's not sick these days is she finally built up an immunity to the chicken juice.

Blecch. I just wrote that while finishing up my dinner. I'm starting to feel queasy. :pb_confused:

I don't know if you ever look at her instagram, but a day ago she had a picture of of some sliced onions in olive oil and vinegar. She said to keep them in the pantry. :my_sick: A commenter had to bring up the fact that that's just asking for botulism. So of course today she has to tell her followers to put them in the fridge.

Jeezus please-us.

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

*Rides in on Horse of Truth a la Ken*  Can we not agree that Mary should have been in the kitchen with Martha, and Jesus should only have been talking with their brother Lazarus? Once again, He was wrong!  

Ugh.

:pb_lol: 

59bb1680c4277_DefendJ.JPG.b6ebccb6821d97128f3a97fed01c088f.JPG

Jesus had quite a bit to say to those who insisted on keeping the law to the letter but did so without faith, love or mercy. See Matthew 23. In fact, a LOT of what Jesus has to say is directed at those who believe, as Lori does, that by keeping the law they earn a spot in heaven. 

Such as Luke 18:9-14:

He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt:  “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.  I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

45 minutes ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

.... I'm just going to leave this here... :wtsf::562479558b1bf_32(11):

IMG_2656.PNG

I hope his money really did go to Hookers for Jesus. They do incredible work helping women who want to leave sex work and sexual exploitation.

She's deleted the comment and her reply where she says that Jesus wasn't teaching the right stuff. The exact same comment is still under her doodle, though.

29 minutes ago, molecule said:

I hope his money really did go to Hookers for Jesus. They do incredible working helping women who want to leave sex work and sexual exploitation.

Oh thank goodness. My jumping-to-conclusions self assumed he was raising money to purchase one for himself... in the name of Jesus :my_sick: My bad :brainbleach:

5 minutes ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

Oh thank goodness. My jumping-to-conclusions self assumed he was raising money to purchase one for himself... in the name of Jesus :my_sick: My bad :brainbleach:

I would've thought the same thing if I hadn't already heard of them. It's a real deal, in Las Vegas. The founder is a survivor of sex trafficking herself. http://www.hookersforjesus.net/

If Lori was living her own godly womanhood prescription she'd have already known about the botulism risk. That women hasn't canned or preserved a day in her life. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived