IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

Lori should be thankful for all the teachers and nurses (yes I am a high school teacher myself) out there. She has not homeschooled her children, right? And she has been very very sick often? A heartfelt "thank you" post to all those people would be so much more Christlike.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Interesting that Aunt Lori doesn't mention the possibility of MEN being nurses and teachers...

On the Always Learning blog, she wrote about the subject of women being nurses a few times and she did suggest that more men should be nurses. A male friend of mine considered going into nursing in college. But, he decided against it.  He said he preferred more of a 9 to 5 career with Monday-Friday type schedule. He also said that just felt it was a risky profession. My friend is an engineer and is quite happy. Lori doesn't see that some men are just not going to enter certain occupational fields at the high rates that she wants them too.  On Always Learning, she did say something that women with grown children or childless woman should be nurses.

I bet even if she was in some situation where she was cared for by mostly male nurses-she would still find something to bitch about. Let's say a male nurse is taking care of her in a hospital and during small talk the male nurse mentions that he has kids and that his wife works outside the home. Lori would pissed about that. I could also see Lori being a bitch to a gay male nurse or male nurse who isn't Christian.

2 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Lori should be thankful for all the teachers and nurses (yes I am a high school teacher myself) out there. She has not homeschooled her children, right? And she has been very very sick often? A heartfelt "thank you" post to all those people would be so much more Christlike.

She homeschooled her kids for certain periods of time. I think she homeschooled her oldest daughter for three years out of four during high school. Her two sons were homeschooled during middle school IIRC. I don't think the youngest child Cassi was ever homeschooled.

OMG she just deleted a good comment from Jilly and a good response from someone else on the education post.  I couldn't catch it in time, both were only up for minutes. Jilly was talking about how proud she is that her daughter is getting a masters in psychology and the responder to the comment said how much we need Christians in psychology, etc. And all of that was deleted!

KAK gives Trey a good response with definitions for the different kinds of abuse:

Trey – thank you for your response.

The accepted definition of verbal abuse is when a spouse (either husband or wife) is constantly yelling/screaming at their spouse. Not just a little bit (because we all yell sometimes) but a constant thing. Constant insults and criticisms and negativity that results in the other spouse feeling totally downtrodden and browbeaten, intimidated and maybe scared.

Financial abuse is when a spouse (usually the man) does not allow his spouse any money. At all. I’m not talking about a man controlling the finances but ensuring all the needs of the household (including those of his wife and children) are met, as happens in a great many Christian marriages. I’m talking about if he has an addiction to gambling (for example) and locks his wife out of the bank accounts, gambles (or drinks, smokes, whatever) away all the money without giving his wife any of it, in order to feed the children or pay the rent/bills etc. And not just in a one-off thing, but on a regular occasion. Sometimes, if a wife is working, he will even take her wages and spend all them too, not allowing her anything in which to run the household.

And sexual abuse should be fairly self explanatory, especially considering it’s actually a crime. It is any sexual act that the victim does not consent to.

Note: I know that most men are good men who treat their wives well, and I know that just as many men are subject to abuse as women are (in the country I live in at least) but as Lori’s blog is aimed at teaching women, it is concerning to read comments that can be construed (or perhaps misconstrued) as condoning ANY form of abuse, and just expecting the woman to stay in an abusive marriage and submit more. Not all men are good men. A few of them are evil narcissists.

Trey's response is basically "I dunno where you live but those are some crazy definitions"....

Trey:

KAK,
I do not know what country you live in or the culture thereof. From my point of view (I live in Texas), everything you have listed above (although I do not doubt that those situations exist) are extreme cases and probably constitute less than 2% of the “so called” Christian families out there. This isn’t written to that 2% but to the other 98%.

If you have suffered physical abuse at the hand of your husband (or anyone) I am truly sorry that happened to you but your situation (and your method for handling it) does not apply to the VAST majority of those that are reading this and I would hope that you can understand that.

One more thought on suffering. I will leave you with these verses of just some of the things that Paul experienced (and boasted of) in his service as a “bond slave” of Jesus Christ. These verses will put what we (you and I and virtually everyone we know) to shame for complaining about our situations. I will confess to you that I have been more guilty of this than most. Paul in 2 Corinthians 11:23-27 (NIV) says:

“… I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.”

God allowed Paul (one of the greatest Christians of all times) to suffer all of these things (and more including death) in service to Him. Can any of us really complain the things we (are privileged to) suffer for Jesus Christ our LORD and SAVIOR? Sinful PRIDE tells us that we don’t deserve any of that but the truth is that we ALL deserve much worse.

Is he saying if you are abused, anything less than death is a privilege? And we should just be grateful to be alive? Pride tells us that don't deserve to be abused?

This reminds me of the Duggars. How they do not want their girls to get an actual education, but they always want to be helped by a female doctor at the same time, probably because of modesty bullshit. The hypocrisy.

Here's the deal about Lazy Lori;

It's not that she has always been "convicted" that women should only be SAHW/ M. it's that she's always been lazy and "convicted" that she, as a special snowflake, didn't have to work and some man would always take care of her.

She's said a number of times her dad made her go to college and get a teaching degree.  Even though she did, she still never intended to work. Thus her story that she doesn't remember any of her college classes, didn't learn anything, and hated all her classes and teachers. She didn't intend to work so why learn anything.

She sunk her claws into Ken, a man she didn't love, didn't like and fought with all the time.  She married him the December after graduation believing that she could quit work immediately, do nothing and Ken would support her.  Ken, in a wise move or perhaps a moment of clarity about Lori's true nature, said No and insisted she keep working even after their first child.  She then got him to agree she could quit if she got pregnant again.  Then to assure it sabotaged her BC.

Since then Lazy Lori has done nothing except play the so, so, so, so sick card and rely on a housekeeper and a nanny to do all the SAHW/ M things. I suspect in addition to being lazy, Lori isn't very organized and cannot multi-task. so even if she had been "well" she would have been an awful SAHW/ M.

It would never occur to Lazy Lori that there are women who like to work. Women who always intended to have a job/ career even if they did marry (raises hand).  It would never occur to her that a woman could hold down a job and still make a home for her husband/ family, cook dinner, have hobbies and spend time with said husband and family.

I do it. Many, many, many of us FJ-ers do it.  I will be the first to say that it's easier for me because we are childless, Also I've always been fortunate to have a short work commute and that for the last 2 years my mega-giant communications employer has pushed and pushed for people to work remotely from home (which has its own downside). 

If Lori were left without funds upon Ken's death, she wouldn't be an older women back in the workforce.  Oh, no, not special snowflake Lazy Lori,,  She's plonk herself down on one of her children and expect all of them to support her -- in the style to which she was accustomed while Ken was alive.

Stupid, nasty, vile, entitled, lazy-ass bitch.  (Yeah I know. I shouldn't keep my feelings bottled up)

Made this account for two reasons: 1) fundamentalist in-laws and 2) accidentally found Lori's blog in 2016.  UGH.  I found these threads when they were on #9 or 10 of the 29 so far.  Couldn't stand not jumping in on the discussion anymore :laughing-rolling:

:text-welcomewave:

8 minutes ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

Made this account for two reasons: 1) fundamentalist in-laws and 2) accidentally found Lori's blog in 2016.  UGH.  I found these threads when they were on #9 or 10 of the 29 so far.  Couldn't stand not jumping in on the discussion anymore :laughing-rolling:

I'm never exactly sure what "blaspheming the Spirit" means; would it include using the phrase "blessings to you" in such a way that it clearly means "F*** off"?

Whatever you call it, it makes me really angry. 

10 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Wonder what made her respond to this and not just delete. There again is her sarcastic blessings!

And tit for tat. You have no love for me, so I have not love for you! But Lori is the godly mentor. She is held to a higher standard and should be setting the example. Instead she just responds as snarkily. 

erinclyde.PNG.8f63006ed60e9b6bbe7409c8ebf7e0c9.PNG

More

renadodson.PNG.eadbdc49b62a05862678b03d35fa9c4b.PNG

I just thought of someone Lori reminds me of...

Spoiler

cocmeme.thumb.jpg.a4c7eb452ce3a9ebaf102ff40eb43cb1.jpg

Her poor daughter Alyssa. I seriously pray she does NOT read her mom's blog. Why would a parent want to give their child such a slap in the face about such a variety of (GOOD) qualities?

2 minutes ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

Her poor daughter Alyssa. I seriously pray she does NOT read her mom's blog. Why would a parent want to give their child such a slap in the face about such a variety of (GOOD) qualities?

Not to mention the subtle digs and also not so subtle digs at her daughter's infertility. Who the hell does that? She's a shitty mother. 

Just now, dairyfreelife said:

Not to mention the subtle digs and also not so subtle digs at her daughter's infertility. Who the hell does that? She's a shitty mother. 

I don't remember what the context was, but I remember Lori saying that women get dogs to be baby replacements if they're infertile. Alyssa has a very cute dog (my dog is the same breed) and I knew Lori was jabbing Alyssa. Poor woman. 

28 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I don't remember what the context was, but I remember Lori saying that women get dogs to be baby replacements if they're infertile. Alyssa has a very cute dog (my dog is the same breed) and I knew Lori was jabbing Alyssa. Poor woman. 

Yes, guarantee she was. Alyssa posted an image with her dog and Lori said a baby would be better. Knowing her daughter and SIL have infertility issues. I can't even with that. I say this as someone who has severe endometriosis and is essentially infertile with both tubes completely blocked. NEVER, NEVER, could I EVER see my mother, who had zero trouble having children, say something like that to me. Why? Because she's not an fucking asshole like Lori. 

1 minute ago, dairyfreelife said:

Yes, guarantee she was. Alyssa posted an image with her dog and Lori said a baby would be better. Knowing her daughter and SIL have infertility issues. I can't even with that. I say this as someone who severe endometriosis and is essentially infertile with both tubes completely blocked. NEVER, NEVER, could I EVER see my mother, who had zero trouble having children, say something like to me. Why? Because she's not an fucking asshole like Lori. 

YES! This was it - thank you. 

Also, where does this idea come from that dogs are baby replacements or a stepping stone to a baby? They're entirely different, other than you have to take care of them.

Spoiler

sarahcurry1.PNG.ad879cb5443eb495a3c358a733552a27.PNGsarahcurry2.PNG.e4a1d0ba2e41028ca4feefdc0bccc8dd.PNGsarahcurry3.PNG.4c70198dcf8d15c826365fe2449526d4.PNGsarahcurry4.PNG.0a749dfbc8d0787006f747d9ad3d193a.PNG

In the above, Sarah's last screenshot was deleted. Can't be telling Lori she took something out of context. After she deletes that she responds about how we shouldn't argue over such things, because you know she has to have the last word. 

@Pink Muffin Great, so glad you got it!!

cometotheirownconclusions.PNG.cf05865072be2f40a14328078aeee015.PNG

LOL, I agree but this is just so funny coming from her. What is her purpose then, just to throw out controversial stuff and make people to do their own research to see who is right? A game of "gotcha".  Why do we need Lori for any of this? She is an annoying middleman. 

here's an example of how the fundie thinking makes life harder for women. 

My my sister is dyslexic. Pretty hardcore. She was never diagnosed or received any extra help at our SOTDRT.  Mom never told her she was dyslexic because  she didn't want to "label her." Sigh... 

Anyway, as y'all might remember she's married to an spoiled uppity fundie lite ass. JMHO as someone who cannot stand command men or fundie attitudes or spoiled people. 

Anyway, she confessed in a group text to my mom and I that she has trouble grocery shopping and staying on budget (she also has anxiety and SAHD that Walmart makes her want to cry) I explained easier ways to tally as you shop & stuff, then I told her to ask her husband for help (because who else has your back like this?  and how he could talley the money while she shopped. She said "oh no I can't do that. I do the shopping to help him and that's my job." And of course my Mom agreed. Heaven forbid a husband inconvenience  himself to help his wife. 

My BIL has an easier schedule than Mr. EW and makes 1/3 more an hour than he does. 

I admit I enjoy shopping alone, but now I treasure my trips with Mr  EW now. He insists on going 90% of the time to "help me." I love him so much 

The big headline on dailymail right not is about a man who killed his 3 children and forced his wife to watch. But oh yeah that's right, guys like that are just extreme examples and since stuff like that rarely happens we shouldn't entertain people who bring up the topic of abuse. The guy had a history of domestic abuse. Who knows, perhaps the wife was thinking of getting out but she reads someone like Lori, decides to stay and win home over without a word and then this.........

1 hour ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

Fundie parents AND inlaws here. I love 8 minute from my inlaws. My life is one never ending season of Everybody Loves Raymond fundie edition. (Except Mr. EW is heaps better than Ray and he stands up to his folks) 

I know I'm late to the party here, but has anyone mentioned the super wonky font she uses on her memes?  Because, you know ... what the what???  They look like posters for a horror movie.  Hmm.  Maybe they are.

Up until about 150 years ago, few women received college educations yet children were still born and raised to be responsible adults. A college education does NOT make a woman smarter in any way that matters to the Lord or to eternity. In fact, most college educations poison women’s minds since they teach everything contrary to the Word of God. Some of our most famous presidents were home educated by mothers without a college education.

No one in my family was getting a college education 150 years ago, regardless of gender.  That was usually something reserved for the wealthy.  Plus, in case she hasn't noticed, it's a completely different world now.  Both men and women who don't get some sort of formal education post high school are severely behind the curve when it comes to hiring.

God gave us brains.  He likes it when we make use of them.

There are just so so so so many holes in her "we don't need no education" crazy talk.

Several pages into this thread, I finally realized that this thread title came from one of my posts. I feel like I've won FJ for the day.

The same Trey that said this:

God allowed Paul (one of the greatest Christians of all times) to suffer all of these things (and more including death) in service to Him. Can any of us really complain the things we (are privileged to) suffer for Jesus Christ our LORD and SAVIOR? Sinful PRIDE tells us that we don’t deserve any of that but the truth is that we ALL deserve much worse.

Is the same one that wrote an ENTIRE POST for Lori that was one long bitchfest about how men don't get enough sex? (February 21st, 2017)

I know Lori pulls her information out of her ass, but where does she get "Up until 150 years ago, few women received college educations..."

What does that mean?  149 years ago (1868!) women starting going to college in droves? 

Like @Lachlannesaid, very few men or women were going to college back then.  According to a study I read on PBS' website, only about 3% of the entire population had a college education as of 1910.

Does Lori even understand just how much the world has changed in 50 years, never mind 150?  She just sounds so ignorant when she says things like that.

isabella.PNG.254bdc3e6dc837f53ea97778fb570f5e.PNG

Funny how when Isabella brings up submission Lori doesn't say "search the scriptures and find the truth for yourself" as she did minutes before. Nope, for submission its a firm No, you are wrong. 

Also, shouldn't teachers know perfectly their subject matter. If she was a school teacher and didn't know some aspect of her field we would say she shouldn't be a teacher. In teaching she could tell students, "this may be right may be wrong, I dunno search your textbook, do the work".  She teaches her convictions, ie her own personal truth. Not THEE truth. 

I just can´t with Lori :kitty-cussing:

As soon someone isn´t agreeing with her she delets the comments, even if they are well written and backed up with scripture and the commenter has really thought about the comment. She had this chat with Sarah. She has deleted some of Sarahs comments in the first part, I got a screen shot of it but accidentally erased it. She erased the last comment from Sarah

Spoiler

59baf0a3c2e31_headcovering1.PNG.97ae0d8146344dbe6006715cb3337627.PNG59baf0bd15dea_headcovering2.PNG.69fdb217bbb1a233d81cb550171b9877.PNG

And then she had this to say to Rena

59baf1106035b_snottylori.PNG.ca2d00e02654a2dcecc8024b3292d6e4.PNG

Bitch please, the only one to argue is you 

I just leave this here because of course it will be gone soon. Its a comment under her doodle from september 12

59baf36a276ab_latestdoodle.PNG.0ee81b7ecf2497fdd081f15627f8e7b9.PNG

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived