IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

I would be interested to see Lori's reaction if there actually was a mass exodus of women from the workforce.  At some point, even simple minded Lori would realize how much it was going to inconvenience her.  

Need an appointment with your doctor?  Sorry.  Most of the nurses and many of the doctors are gone.  You'll have to wait 18 months.

Want to color your hair?  Sorry.  They lady who does it doesn't work anymore.

Grocery check out?  Sorry.  You'll have to wait in line for several hours.  Half of our staff walked out yesterday.

Need to send your kids to school (and you know Lori did)?  Sorry.  All but a handful of teachers quit.

Need a maid or a nanny?  Sorry.  They've decided to keep their own homes.

Need someone to wait your table (and someone to gossip about later)?  Sorry.  You'll have to cook your own meals.

Ken need a salary?  Sorry.  All those women who used his services have quit their jobs.

At my dentist's office, every single dental hygienist is a female.  Hope Lori doesn't like to get her teeth cleaned.

She would go from smug to irate in no time at all.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason Ken and Lori have so many husbands rather than wives contacting them for help is that most wives know it is better to go elsewhere so they can get both compassion and genuine support. I know there are women who genuinely find her helpful (*gag*), but marriage bloggers like Sheila have way more followers because she actually cares about women.

I just did a quick count of my daughter's nursing class. In that semester (her university has three graduations per year) there were 45 new nurses who graduated and passed their boards. Of that number there were FOUR men. 

Let's say that number represents the whole nursing population (I know it cannot but let's pretend), that leaves not quite nine percent of the practicing nurses left if all the female licensed registered nurses "went home."  There is already a nursing shortage but Lori would like to take more than ninety percent of them out of the healthcare field. 

I wonder how Lori's father would have managed if all the female nurses disappeared. I also wonder if he treated nurses like shit but that's another story. I wonder how Lori would like it if her ill mother suddenly had no nurses to help her during this time. 

I won't worry about the teaching profession because Lori doesn't care about teachers. She  thinks all moms are capable of properly educating their children. Again...another story. 

Based on nothing but instinct -- and the fact that Lori had to learn her mean, nasty behavior somewhere -- I vote Yes -- her dad treated the nurses he worked with like dirt.

My BIL -- the man who knows he is God because he's a doctor -- openly brags about how badly he treats the nurses he works with.  And treats them that way because they are ..... wait for it .... wait for it ....... nurses. 

Because if they were smart they would be doctors. But they aren't doctors so they aren't smart. And if they aren't smart they are stupid.  Hence they deserve to be treated badly. As per his daughter the nurses all hate him.  However he takes this as further proof of their stupidity because if they were smart they'd be in awe of his brilliance.

Can you tell he's not my favorite person and is the polar opposite of Mr. Dress.  I think Mr. Dress is like the gorgeous bird dropped into the nest of cuckoos.  He is totally unlike his parents and brother.

@usmcmom, I work for child support. I won't do the same for child support because in Lorken world there is never a child born out of wedlock nor divorce. I will look at the trial division - 4 judges with 12 judicial aids and law clerks and then on the administrative side 10 people (administrator down to counter staff) if all the women stopped working we would be down 3 Judges with zero judicial aides and law clerks and 2 people working on the administration side, 1 is the top administrator and the other is a front desk clerk. Which means, no PPO, no jury coordinators and down to 1 of 4 front counter workers.

I do believe criminal court has been around since before Jesus so she can't say "in the olden days we didn't need criminal court"

33 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I wonder how Lori's father would have managed if all the female nurses disappeared.

Lori's dad is a pathologist.  I always think it's interesting she says he's a dr.  I realize a pathologist IS a dr, but when I think dr, my first thought isn't the dude that works in the morgue. 

This is an interesting discrepancy, and seems to further highlight the fact that Lori is getting more extreme as time goes on.

College (2015):

I didn't realize what being a Christian full-time really looked like until I went to Westmont College when I was 18 years old. It was there that I learned to spend time in His Word, found amazing godly friends, and heard godly speakers in chapel every day. 

I loved my college years

College (2017):

To tell you the truth, I can’t remember anything that I learned in college. I didn’t like any of my classes. I can’t remember any of my professors.

Am I a smarter mother because I went to college? I don’t think so. 

I think a pathologist can also work in the area of diagnostics, such as determining the cause and development of a disease. If her dad did this, maybe he spent much of his time in the lab. Still, nurses probably had to call him for results and interact with him fairly regularly.  

If his personality is like Lori's patients and staff were fortunate that if he chose a field which basically kept him out of their hair. 

Then again, I may not know what I'm talking about so there's that. 

Spoiler

As a side note, I found that when I was looking for a letter Lori wrote to her mom.  

As someone upthread mentioned, I can't help but wonder if they're partially responsible for the way Lori turned out.  In reading, I found a couple of really strange things that stand out when Lori writes about her mom.  And by strange, I mean I got a really sick feeling.

I don't know...the whole thing just left me feeling upset...

27 minutes ago, Curious said:

Lori's dad is a pathologist. 

That is new and weird to me. Firstly, as you said, I don't think about the guy in the morgue when someone's occopation is "doctor". Secondly, when Lori wrote about talking to her father about anal sex, I kept wondering what kind of doctor he is. As it is absolutely incomprehensible to me to talk my parents about what they think about certain kinds of sex. So I came to the conclusion, she was talking to his professional side and wandered what makes him an expert on anal sex. Well, pathologist wasn't on my very short list.

13 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Oh wow @Koala  Can you grab screen shots of that? 

ETA: or let us know how to find it? 

Never mind. 

Spoiler

I found it and...ick  I remember reading it before and wondering "What the heck?!?" Is it okay to share it here??

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I think a pathologist can also work in the area of diagnostics, such as determining the cause and development of a disease. If her dad did this, maybe he spent much of his time in the lab. Still, nurses probably had to call him for results and interact with him fairly regularly.  

If his personality is like Lori's patients and staff were fortunate that if he chose a field which basically kept him out of their hair. 

Then again, I may not know what I'm talking about so there's that. 

I recall a post where she said something about her father working in labs and with  other doctors. It seemed to hint at diagnostics.

Lori's father would have to deal with different female employees on a daily basis. I wonder if it was Lori's mom who encouraged hatred of working women. Lori did entries in the past where she always bragged about how her mom was a SAHM and was around unlike some of her friends' moms who worked outside the home. I got the vibe that Lori's mom may have planted the seed in Lori's head that SAHMs are better than working moms. Either way, it still wouldn't surprise if Lori's parents are douchebags too.

Did she delete Jilly's comment on today's post? I thought I saw one, now there is none. Seems like Jilly said something positive like "that's my favorite verse." Anyone notice this?

10 minutes ago, Florita said:

Did she delete Jilly's comment on today's post? I thought I saw one, now there is none. Seems like Jilly said something positive like "that's my favorite verse." Anyone notice this?

You are correct! I just checked it out and yes I remember there being one as well. 

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I do believe criminal court has been around since before Jesus so she can't say "in the olden days we didn't need criminal court"

I could see Lori writing something like "Well, only men should be working in courts because women are weaker or gullible " bullshit.

I agree with other posters, if women just up and left various workplaces dumbfuck Lori would eventually be inconvenienced and would be complaining in healthcare facilities, restaurants, and stores. If women didn't work Ken's business would be fucked as someone else mentioned above and also Lori's orthodontist son might not have a support staff at his office without women. I hate to say this - but, if natural disaster or terrorist attack happened near Lori it would suck if female cops, paramedics, firefighters, doctors, etc were scrambling to save Lori's ungrateful ass from danger. Even in a moment of danger, I could see Lori still judging those women for working.

Spoiler

@usmcmom Yeah...it paints a very twisted picture of what her life was like.

First line of Lori's letter to her mom:

Dear Mom,

Thank you for the way you raised me. You wanted me to obey you so you spanked me and disciplined me so I would grow up to be a disciplined adult. 

From a blog post on the Always Learning page:

When I was a disobedient child, my mom would tell me to go to my  room. The anticipation of knowing I was going to get a spanking was not fun. {This is why I was a fast learner!} She would come in with a flyswatter and spank me on my bare bottom. Afterwards, she would hold me in her arms and tell me why she spanked me. "I want you to grow up to be a disciplined adult, Lori, and this is why I had to spank you. You need to learn to obey me right away when I tell you to do something." Then it would be over and I would go happily off to play. This is much better and more effective than time outs or being grounded. It's over quickly!

I literally felt sick reading the words Lori wrote.  Absolutely sick.  I honestly think I could cry for her right now.  I know she's normalized it in her mind, but it is absolutely NOT okay!

That's how I was raised. Obedience wasn't obedience unless you dropped everything and did it on the first command. My parents (and preachers) said delayed obedience was disobedience. 

Another thing about nurses (I'm not sure about other professions), we have to work or attend school to keep our licenses active.  I have to work a set amount of hours in addition to a set amount of hours for continuing education, or take a specific amount of college classes.  

I look at the disabled kids I work with and care for and I see beauty and love.  I see parents who would move the heavens and earth for their kids.  Lori would probably accuse the mothers of making their children disabled by working.  A lot of these parents already feel guilty.  I come in and do respite care.  I cover so they can go to work, take a nap, shower, sit down and eat.  I help their family.  I get a paycheck, which helps my family.

My minister says marriage is a partnership--that's how it was designed.  There's no boss, no overlord.  When I told him about Lori's biblical cherry-picking, he laughed.

48 minutes ago, EowynW said:

That's how I was raised. Obedience wasn't obedience unless you dropped everything and did it on the first command. My parents (and preachers) said delayed obedience was disobedience. 

I am sorry you went through that.  

Like I said, the whole thing turns my stomach.  No one deserves to be treated that way.  

Lori:

Single mothers complain about me teaching mothers to be keepers at home but these children have already lost their daddies from their homes, They don't need to lose their mothers, too.

What they "need" is food and shelter- both things that one must have an income to provide.

I was raised by a single mom, and yes, I'd have liked it if she could have been home.  I loved her days off.  That said, I would have been terrified if she hadn't worked to support us.  Even as a child, I realized that our well being depended upon her being able to work.

How can any adult believe that you can run a household in which no one works????

As a side note, having a working mom is not "losing" your mom.  

1 minute ago, Koala said:

I was raised by a single mom, and yes, I'd have liked it if she could have been home.  I loved her days off.  That said, I would have been terrified if she hadn't worked to support us.  Even as a child, I realized that our well being depended upon her being able to work.

I'm sure your mom could have gone to her church and they would have been happy to have supported all of you until you and your siblings turned 18 so your mom could have stayed home.  All churches have that kind of money after all and are ready and willing to do that.

Yeah, right! :pb_rollseyes:

Regarding Lori's mom spanking her as a child so she would become a disciplined adult; Lori (and Ken) paints herself as a very undisciplined, out of control (her words) adult until she discovered the magic of submission.  Ken has said he walked on egg shells around her for years, decades even. 

All those spankings accomplished was Lori learning bigger, stronger people can push smaller, weaker people around.

1 hour ago, Koala said:
  Hide contents

@usmcmom Yeah...it paints a very twisted picture of what her life was like.

First line of Lori's letter to her mom:

From a blog post on the Always Learning page:

I literally felt sick reading the words Lori wrote.  Absolutely sick.  I honestly think I could cry for her right now.  I know she's normalized it in her mind, but it is absolutely NOT okay!

Not to be harsh, but isn't that exactly how must fundies raise their kids?  Super mind-fucking because they hit you and then tell you they love you and hug you like they haven't just been assaulting your person.  

I seem to remember during Kendall's Beat-a-thon, they made the girls hug daddy and tell him they were sorry or something and then they got hugs and everything was fine.  It just took all day and them taking turns spanking the kids to get to the "everything was fine" part.

One might think that being raised that way, you wouldn't do the same thing to your children, but we know that isn't the case.

@usmcmom You are right.  I'm pretty sure that they are the ones that sign off on biopsies and various things like that.  I just think it's kind of weird because IME, which is far from universal, I realize people tend to say something like my dad's a dr. if they are a GP, but if there is a specialty they would say my dad's a surgeon or neurologist or proctologist or whatever.   Again, I realize that pathologists ARE drs, but when you just say dr. it makes it sound like working with (living) patients on the daily, making rounds, writing orders, etc.  Maybe it is just me that it strikes weird and I will own that if it is :)

Oh one other thing.  I seem to recall Lori saying her dad worked long hours at the hospital (or office?) and that her mom was often unhappy about this.  I'm sure he worked hard to keep Lori in the style she feels she deserves.  She said something about her not really liking her dad until her later years because her mom spoke so ill of him all the time.   Another great mind-fuck for kids.   From what I have been able to tell it sounds like her mom was a harpy and her dad was trying to keep people happy.

We never hear about her mom rubbing her feet or reading her favorite books to her etc when she's got boo boos.  We don't really hear much about her mom at all do we?

also I realize her mom is sick/dying now so I don't blame her for not waiting on Lori hand and foot.  I was talking about before she fell ill.

20 hours ago, Koala said:

I feel icky for saying this, but it kind of explains Lori's odd obsession with spanking. :(

I also feel icky for saying this, but I'm going to say it anyway: Poor Lori.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori:

What they "need" is food and shelter- both things that one must have an income to provide.

How can any adult believe that you can run a household in which no one works????

As a side note, having a working mom is not "losing" your mom.  

I'm lucky enough that my husband's life insurance can keep me and our two minor children at the level where I have enough money that they can stay at the private school they were enrolled at. They also have grants from the school to lower the cost to me.

My parents divorced back in the early 1970's and I had the parents of fellow primary pupils not want me to be at birthday parties due to the 'contamination '.

My mother worked. I'm looking for a job. I wouldn't give up those years when my mum worked. They were far far better than when my father got annoyed he couldn't spend a holiday with his current lady because he had to play the doting father figure.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived