IGNORED

Experts fear sex robots could be hacked to attack customers

47of74

Rise of the machines

The sex robot craze has swept the globe, with punters willing to fork out the cash to have their wicked way with the dolls.

Cyber security lecturer Dr Nick Patterson worryingly said that hacking into a sex robot could even be easier than gaining access to someone’s laptop or phone.

He added that once the robot has been breached, the hacker then has full control.

“The last thing you want is for a hacker to have control over one of these robots! Once hacked they could absolutely be used to perform physical actions for an advantageous scenario or to cause damage.”

19 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

“The last thing you want is for a hacker to have control over one of these robots! Once hacked they could absolutely be used to perform physical actions for an advantageous scenario or to cause damage.”

Or for the robot to say, "Is that all you've got?",  which could be darn devastating . 

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

Or for the robot to say, "Is that all you've got?",  which could be darn devastating . 

Yeah the robot could be reprogrammed to make any number of jokes about the size of her partner's equipment.  Which may not be a bad thing if a robot had to make it with someone like Cheetolini. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I was thinking that the robot would just point and laugh hysterically, but why not both?

This reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons set in the future where Patty and Selma both have sex robots, but the robots decide to leave their human masters to hook up with each other. This, I think, is the real danger of sentient sex bots; they might turn out to be just as fickle and shallow as flesh and blood people.

20 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I was thinking that the robot would just point and laugh hysterically, but why not both?

Or the bots could be reprogrammed to talk dirty in Gilbert Gottfried's voice.

Forgive me everyone, I won't get my check from George Soros if I don't make an 80s music reference at this point:

On 9/12/2017 at 10:56 AM, 47of74 said:

Or the bots could be reprogrammed to talk dirty in Gilbert Gottfried's voice.

Holy crap, I'll never be the same again.....

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm thinking of the movie AI and picturing sex robots like Jude Law's character....

I'm going to spoiler it just in case, but I'm thinking of this movie: 

Spoiler

Ex Machina. Not so much robots being programmed to attack a human, but not to get too specific it definitely involves sex robots as well as fighting back against human(s). Highly recommended if you like darker sci-fi/thrillers.

Archived