IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

I'm not going to complain about the plain gift bags though. I am the person who uses newspaper as wrapping paper. Gift bags can easily be recycled for future gifting, so get the fun gift bags.

Growing up, I made my grandpa mad because I made every effort to preserve the wrapping paper because it was something my dad did.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a magpie, so don't go by what I say. I have a disorder for loving the most gaudy, shiny, over the top wrapping paper. :P 

14 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Please don’t come over and see my almost 28 years old home with some mismatched hand me down furniture and plastic put-it-together-yourself bookshelf :giggle:  Maybe it’s easier to put together a nicer home without mounds of student loans :pb_lol:

No doubt. Putting those collage walls together takes time and planning, too. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm a magpie, so don't go by what I say. I have a disorder for loving the most gaudy, shiny, over the top wrapping paper. :P 

i frequently refer to myself as an old crow because i like shiny things!   (and there's no such thing as too much glitter at Christmas.....)

I'm sorry, I love Erin, but their place looks like a doll-house designed by a 13 year old who just discovered Pinterest.

I know we haven't seen a lot of Whitney's house, she tends to show more pictures of herself with lots of makeup on and flashy clothes now, but I doubt their house looks anything like that.

Of course it all comes down to a matter of taste, I just imagine Whitney and Zach's place looking....a little more mature somehow...

I can't do all the decor. It's too much for me. I have a friend who loves chatchskis. I can't do vases, and frames, and all the pillows. I'm the type of person that would end up throwing a pillow across the room if I have to pick it up off the floor an extra time. My friend has fake flowers, candles. random figurines too. It's just sooooooooooo much stuff. I'm in the process of assembling my travel wall but that's the only decor I'm doing that's "extra". I can't do coffee table bowls or center pieces either. But I love my travel wall. IMO No one needs that many fake flowers in their house. It's so much stuff that collects dust.

PS: I know that was a bit of a rant. I'm just recently very frustrated at 'extra' stuff lol

i used to love having stuff on every surface; then i realized how much i hated dusting and how little time i was willing to make for it.  so i've gradually gotten rid of the crap stuff.  i'm actually happier with most of it gone.  (i do have a few things i won't part with.)

On 11/27/2017 at 8:14 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

Please don’t come over and see my almost 28 years old home with some mismatched hand me down furniture and plastic put-it-together-yourself bookshelf :giggle:  Maybe it’s easier to put together a nicer home without mounds of student loans :pb_lol:

I was gonna say, I didn't own matching furniture until I bought my first house at age 28. 26 year old me had one black coach and one tapestry one. :pb_lol: 

Honestly my apartment when I was a teenager to about age 21 was like a psychedelic nightmare. I had a lot of Christmas lights hung up, candles, random liquor bottles that I filled with this glowy shit and water so the light in my single window would catch them. I'd still take that mess over the way too pintresty look. 

I'm a total slob who does the bare minimum of housework/cooking (crockpot chili/veggie soup and an occasional housecleaner FTW) only because I live with a husband and child (when I lived alone, hoo boy) and still barely knows how to properly wrap a gift so I'm always reading these threads like "oh god if they only saw MY house..."

1 hour ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I'm a total slob who does the bare minimum of housework/cooking (crockpot chili/veggie soup and an occasional housecleaner FTW) only because I live with a husband and child (when I lived alone, hoo boy) and still barely knows how to properly wrap a gift so I'm always reading these threads like "oh god if they only saw MY house..."

If one of the tests to get into heaven is gift wrapping, I am in serious trouble man!  

1 hour ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

Doubt you could beat mine. Yes, its Hoarders meets Dirty Jobs. I'm paying my car off in March and I'm hiring someone to start doing my cleaning. If I haven't developed the good character/habit of doing it by 40 , it isn't going to happen. So I'm taking off 1-2 WEEKS at Christmas so I can clean it in 15 minutes increments as I force myself to do so.

I am currently a stay at home mom, with all my kids at school all day, and I still can't manage to keep the house up. And it isn't even big. I think we are living in about 1200 sqft, with 2 bathrooms (one broken shower that is used as storage so really 1.5 bathrooms) and I still struggle. When it is picked up I don't have problems maintaining, The difficulty is when we get behind for some reason I can't quite get caught up. Eventually someone is coming over or something and I clean like a madwoman until everything is done and then we are good for several weeks before we have a busy weekend or something and all hell breaks loose again. 

Thats so much like me! I still have 2 at home during the day but still, a lot of time is spent playing dolls/catch/teaparty from the couch or watching 90 day fiance while slowly folding one load of laundry. I force myself to do a daily chore and pay myself a dollar when i accomplish it. It's sad and pathetic. I just find housework so incredibly boring. Also, lazy. 

I’m a total neat freak. Like wake up and clean and tidy up EVERYTHING. I let laundry pile for a few days though. Usually no more than three or four. We have four kids and I still have to clean nonstop. Sometimes I wish I didn’t but clutter really triggers my anxiety.

I also grew up in a house that was always a little untidy, not gross, just cluttered and maybe that contributes to it.

On 2017-12-05 at 5:50 PM, nolongerIFBx said:

Yes, its Hoarders meets Dirty Jobs. 

You’ve just described my house perfectly. I hate housework and Mr Way does most of it (without ever getting any sm-praise). What I do best is decide to organize something, like Miniways clothes, go out big and drag everything out and then get sick of it before finishing and leaving everything in a bigger mess then it was. Which is why all of Miniways clothes are now lying in big piles on the spare bed.

Sadly Mr Ways cleaning is mostly just shoving things out of sight without properly sorting them. And then I come allong to organize and make a mess that he shoves away. When it comes to cleaning we don’t complement eachother at all. 

16 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

You’ve just described my house perfectly. I hate housework and Mr Way does most of it (without ever getting any sm-praise). What I do best is decide to organize something, like Miniways clothes, go out big and drag everything out and then get sick of it before finishing and leaving everything in a bigger mess then it was. Which is why all of Miniways clothes are now lying in big piles on the spare bed.

Sadly Mr Ways cleaning is mostly just shoving things out of sight without properly sorting them. And then I come allong to organize and make a mess that he shoves away. When it comes to cleaning we don’t complement eachother at all. 

I totally stole that phrase because I had never heard it put so perfectly!

Maybe we need to match up with a fellow FJ'er for our cleaning match. . .

I wouldn't say I am a neat freak, and I am very grateful to have a cleaning lady who comes by weekly, but I am borderline obsessive with decluttering when it comes to paper/documents/mail, laundry, ironing (and I HATE ironing!), dishwasher, and more generally, things not being in their proper place.

If there is clutter, I can't think, I can't focus, I can't work - my husband laughs. I think I'll have to learn to lower my expectations on what "declutter" means when my son is born, or so I hear :my_biggrin:

Currently browsing Pinterest for storage ideas, and imagining Erin on the other end of the world, co-browsing, her going for all the ideas that gives med the shudders. And I'm an interior style magpie, with a house that looks like a plant freak - animal lover - book lover - interior psychotic threw up.

With a Nordic - Scandic twist, of course.

On 12/10/2017 at 6:04 PM, Iamtheway said:

that's my style too! I slept on the couch last night, because I was cleaning my room, and my bed was full of stuff, lol... I did get a lot done though, so I'm proud of that at least

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, Iamtheway said:

You have just described the Wych homestead.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived