IGNORED

Joy and Austin 14: Pregnant with Their First

Destiny

I think Joy will have a home birth just because she'll have her sistermom Jill in her ear about how its the "right way" plus she'll want to be the one to deliver it. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think Joy will have a home birth just because she'll have her sistermom Jill in her ear about how its the "right way" plus she'll want to be the one to deliver it. 

If Joy does choose to have a home birth, my wish for her is that she has similar success to Anna's homebirths more than anything, and the wisdom to know when a hospital is necessary. I really hope Jill doesn't take the lead on this either.

I believe Jana has said she would rather give birth in a birthing center. Maybe Joy will do the same? Hopefully Jill doesn't push her into home birth. Home birth is great as long as you have a real midwife. 

25 minutes ago, Henk12 said:

I believe Jana has said she would rather give birth in a birthing center. Maybe Joy will do the same? Hopefully Jill doesn't push her into home birth. Home birth is great as long as you have a real midwife. 

I would hope Joy would have enough sense to know her mom sister is hardly one to emulate.

I already posted that picture in the Joe & Kendra thread. Joy looks so very pregnant! How far along would she be now, if she got pregnant on her wedding night? She looks more like 7th/8th month :o 

KendraJoe.DuggarWedding5.png

11 minutes ago, L1o2u3 said:

I already posted that picture in the Joe & Kendra thread. Joy looks so very pregnant! How far along would she be now, if she got pregnant on her wedding night? She looks more like 7th/8th month :o 

KendraJoe.DuggarWedding5.png

She absolutely doesn't look in her 7th month to me... more like 4th month, given her body type + height. But she is growing really fast though, I wonder how it feels for her. It must be kinda hard for her because she never seemed too comfortable with her body to me, and now her body is changing a whole lot. I hope it's not hitting her too hard

also, why did she leave her glasses on for pictures?

Supposedly someone let it slip that Joy is due late February. I believe that would put her at about 16-18 weeks along right now. I really don't think she looks abnormal at all for that point in her pregnancy, considering she's carrying octuplets.

She looks way bigger than her dates for a singleton. Based on that late February due date she is somewhere between 16-17 weeks...sorry but she looks huge to me for that. Like twice my size and this isn't my first pregnancy.

She si rpobably 4 months pregnant, she is arching her back, and has the signature look-at-my-bump pose, popularazed by, her sister Jill, the mighty J-Rod, and others. That's how Jill looked at Jessa's wedding, and she is much taller, so it doesn't really look weird to me

Also, adding to the endless speculation, I've had a gut feeling Jessa is knocked up, and she's the only one awkwardly and needlessly holding the huge bouquet right in front of her belly. Calling it now, go big or go home as they say.

If I stood like that and put my arms round my (imaginary) dress like that........... I would look just as pregnant (If not more so)

granted I'm significantly fatter  older ;) 

Funny how Jessa was all "it might be twins!!1!!" And now with Joy, we're the ones speculating. Pay attention TLC! 

If Joy was around ovulation time on her may26th wedding day, her period would've been around May15th and she'd be due Feb19th. She'd be 17w4days today. So about three more weeks for a gender reveal and if they plan that smart, do it on this season's finale. 

I'm about to be 7 months and I would say Joy and I are about the same size right now. Everyone I meet keeps telling me how small my bump is though. Let's not forget that Jill carries really big so maybe it's the genes. 

22 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Why not? People with glasses exist! And without glasses, they can't see. Not all eyes are big on contact lenses, either! Good for Joy, I say!

2 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'm about to be 7 months and I would say Joy and I are about the same size right now. Everyone I meet keeps telling me how small my bump is though. Let's not forget that Jill carries really big so maybe it's the genes. 

Exactly. Joy just takes after her mother.

28 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Why wouldn't she? I wear my glasses in pictures all the time, I need them to see. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Why wouldn't she? I wear my glasses in pictures all the time, I need them to see. 

I do also. I do have contects and only wear them for special occasions. I went to a friends wedding a few years back. I wore my contects for a little while. Then my eyes started to hurt. So I took them out. 

You honestly can't compare bump sizes between anyone. Each woman is built differently and each pregnancy is unique. That means bump size can vary drastically, even for women pregnant with their second or third (etc.) Placenta placement, genetics, diet, exercise, muscle strength pre-pregnancy, posture, clothing, lighting... it all can impact how big or small someone looks. 

Personally, I carried small because I'm tall, slim, and have a longer waist. There was room for baby to grow before she needed to start pushing out. I barely showed until around the halfway point. Some people never realized I was even pregnant because I'd wear my husband's sweatshirts out and about in the cold weather - they covered up my bump really well, even after I really popped and started sporting a big bump. I've known other women who pop a bump very early on, like within the first few weeks. Bump size really means next to nothing.

Speaking specifically of that photo, Joy is clearly cradling the bump, which accentuates the shape. Her back is also blocked by the Groomsman next to her, meaning we can't get a true sense of how big the bump really is. It's fitted in the bust as well, which also accentuated the shape of her abdomen. It's basically an illusion.

I'm five foot nothing.. Very slim.I don't show until 20 weeks.  I think she is just doing the.. "eat anything I feel like coz I'm pregnant." I only gain 10kg during pregnancy.. I eat the same in pregnancy as I do when I'm not.  My sil did the eat.. anything i feel like.. She gained 20kg.  needless to say she had a big bump and a bigger baby then I did.

57 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

She absolutely doesn't look in her 7th month to me... more like 4th month, given her body type + height. But she is growing really fast though, I wonder how it feels for her. It must be kinda hard for her because she never seemed too comfortable with her body to me, and now her body is changing a whole lot. I hope it's not hitting her too hard

***Never mind that isn't Anna on the end that is Jill.  LOL!  No wonder Joy looked Bigger Jill isn't pregnant, just 1 month post birth.   

I do find it odd that there is no, it could be twins talk from any Duggar's like when Jill and Jessa were pregnant.

As for the glasses, pregnancy fucks with your whole body, eyes included, if she had contacts she may not be able to wear them right now.  My sister had to wear her glasses when pregnant with both kids, she hated it because she's a 24/7 contact wearer normally.

lol Joy in that pic does NOT look bigger than Anna in the Illinois video. My guess is she's right about 16-weeks, carrying big with a singleton. A late-Feb due date sounds right, my birth date guess'll be March 4. 

7 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Either she is going to have a HUGE baby, she is further along than they are letting on OR she's having twins.  

Or the placenta is placed differently, or...it's just how she carries. 

2 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Or the placenta is placed differently, or...it's just how she carries. 

Considering the size of Jill and Jessa's babies, I'm guessing she'll have a big baby for sure.

As someone whose worn glasses since I was 7, I like to see Joy rocking glasses. She looks great in them, and I get very tired of our cultural perception that glasses are nerdy or ugly.

About birthdays. I was born on the exact same day as Jinger.

Not really something I care about. I'm just happy that I'm not living her life. Would hate to be married to some creepy preacher guy, I'm currently way to happy to be living a heathen law student life haha

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived