IGNORED

Tampa Bay woman has meltdown over removal of confederate stuff

47of74

And we're the snowflakes?

A woman at a Hillsborough County Commission meeting on Thursday had a tearful, enraged meltdown over the removal of a Confederate monument in Tampa Bay.

WFLA reporter Ryan Hughes tweeted video of the woman’s remarks to the council, in which she said, “I’m disgusted to be an American and I’m disgusted to call Hillsborough County my home.”

“You did right, you voted to save it,” the woman said, referring to members of the council’s attempt to halt the relocation of a Confederate monument from in front of the Hillsborough County courthouse to a private cemetery in a Tampa suburb. “I can’t believe it. You did the right thing, and I’m just disgusted.”

In June, the commission voted 4 to 3 to keep the statue, but was ultimately overruled.

Here's the video....

Uhhhh... aren't there more important things for her to be focused on? Like, I don't know, the FUCKING HURRICANE ABOUT TO ANNIHILATE HER STATE?

1 hour ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Anybody who needs a statue to white supremacy that much needs to get a goddamned life.

Agreed, though I would go further and say that anyone who needs a statue to white supremacy at all needs to get a life and a non-revisionist view of history.

Archived